Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 1 of 2[ 80 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Anyare's Spriting Canvas - Update (03/19/14)Topic%20Title

Pixel Artist

Anyare's Spriting Canvas
This is in major revision, yes?
( Also on AAO ! )

Hello ! ( ● ー ● ) They call me Anyare. I started playing Ace Attorney a few months
back and only really gotten into spriting last August. I'm still far from
becoming the expert most AA sprite artists are. Now without further
ado, my sprites. Oh, a few reminders before that. Haha.

requests are currently off ● ask me about art sprite trades

Guidelines
Quote:
Terms of Use
Please credit before using any of my sprites.
You don't have to ask for permission (unless otherwise stated)
but I'd really appreciate it if you linked to me where you used my work.
Of course, Direct linking is not allowed. If you want to use my sprites,
upload them to your own server/image hosting site.

:violin:
Have any nitpicks and want to fix it?
Go right ahead! ( ^ 7 ^/ ) Permission granted.
You could also tell me and I'll fix it myself. ( = v = )
:Kristoph-hair:
For frankenspriting or so, please give credit.
Have a little respect. Do not claim works that are not your own.

Requests
Please request only up to two items at a time. I have a life outside spriting too. ( = u =;; )
If you want to use any requested sprites, please ask permission from me and the requester first.
I might take requests occasionally in the request board or do little favors if the request interests me .

Sprites
Unnamed OC
This was my first use of splicing, customization and heavy editing.
Not very special when I look at it now. I'll have an updated version
ready one of these days.
Spoiler:
Image Image

Dahlia Hawthorne/Fey
(Sheets: x x)

She's one of my favorite characters. I wasn't kidding when I said that.
First major work and currently holds the most revision out of all my works.
I saw Sligneris's rendition of her sprites so I thought I'd make my own.
This time with the parasol.
Quote:
Added a variation of the angry sprites and updated sprite sheet. ( 03/22/14 )
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Iris Hawthorne/Fey
"Had Iris stayed behind in Kurain.." That was one of those thoughts that leads to another. ( :kristoph: ) Anxious and damage sprites next! (03/16/14)
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hawthorne/Fey Twins (young)
They may be twins but take note, there are subtle differences.
I debated whether to keep Dahlia's hair red or have it black like her sister.
In the end I just stuck with red. Revised! (03/22/14)
Spoiler:
Image Image
Image Image
DD!Pearl Fey
(Complete sheet: x )

O l d V e r s i o n
Take note, this was created before DD's western release so that explains the consistencies and errors.
Sprite sheet completed! (12/12/13)
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
N e w V e r s i o n (in the process of completing)
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Pre-AJ!Maya Fey
I've always wondered why her sprites never updated after the original AA (save 3-5) considering
she was part of the main cast. O: I had a lot of fun with this one. (11/09/13) I might make DD!Maya after.
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mia Fey
No longer (I hope?) case one quality Mia. It just had to be done.
I tried to make her as official-looking as Lana does. Based on this photo.

Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image

Other Sprites
Spoiler:
http://i.imgur.com/qdTxt8z.gif

Other
Spoiler:
Odessa Crate

Ahni Bedlah Khasimbali
( Please ask Dangerus-the-Spazzy for permission! )

Boxer Modelin
( Please ask Dangerus-the-Spazzy for permission! )
Image Image Image Image

DD Mugshots
Spoiler:
Juniper Woods
Juniper Woods (lady judge)
Simon Blackquill
Athena Cykes
Florent l'Belle

( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

Last edited by Anyare on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:26 am, edited 33 times in total.
Re: Anyare's Spriting Canvas - Dahlia H. (portrait + extras)Topic%20Title

I just blue myself

Anyare wrote:
I've recently discovered the art of spriting and thought I'd try it myself.

These are brilliant, marvellous, excellent, superb, perfect and all the positive adjectives. And this was your first shot at it? For an original character, she is superbly done. It's hard to tell if she's spliced from any characters in particular, although there may be some young Ema in her coat if my guess is correct? Anyway, wow! Perfecto! And well edited Dahlia sprites too, good job on that one.

Welcome to spriting, I guess! You're doing really....really....really....really good.
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

ReturnofthePhoenix wrote:
These are brilliant, marvellous, excellent, superb, perfect and all the positive adjectives.

These are marvellous, brilliant, astonishing, fabulous, tremendous, phenomenal, remarkable, superb, fantastic, excellent, amazing, admirable, outstanding, magnificent, incredible, sensational, terrific and wonderous.

Perhaps that's how you would describe it?
And yes, I do most certanly agree on that.

Pixel Artist

Anyare wrote:
I've recently discovered the art of spriting and thought I'd try it myself.

These are brilliant, marvellous, excellent, superb, perfect and all the positive adjectives. And this was your first shot at it? For an original character, she is superbly done. It's hard to tell if she's spliced from any characters in particular, although there may be some young Ema in her coat if my guess is correct? Anyway, wow! Perfecto! And well edited Dahlia sprites too, good job on that one.

Welcome to spriting, I guess! You're doing really....really....really....really good.

Tiagofvarela wrote:
These are brilliant, marvellous, excellent, superb, perfect and all the positive adjectives.

These are marvellous, brilliant, astonishing, fabulous, tremendous, phenomenal, remarkable, superb, fantastic, excellent, amazing, admirable, outstanding, magnificent, incredible, sensational, terrific and wonderous.

Perhaps that's how you would describe it?
And yes, I do most certanly agree on that.

That's correct. I did splice from Ema! The other two I used were Lauren Paups and Iris. People don't edit Lauren as often as they do with Maya so I thought I'd give her a try. Then I suddenly realized why they don't, it's difficult to play with her hair and all. ;;;
. . .
:snackood:
Really? You both praise me too much. I could never accept these much compliments. /hides
I've only just started so I still have a lot to learn from all of you. Hopefully I improve and not the other way around. Thank you though, I do try my best!
I'm currently working on a younger (before Misty became the master of kurain era) Morgan Fey and making the kimono "presentable" is a pain. Her lone sprite won't take hours, It'll take days. :Kristoph-hair:
What color/s do you suggest I dye her kimono to represent peace, goodluck and/or happiness? White? Navy blue? Red? I may be asian but I have little to no knowledge about Japanese/Fey tradition.
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

Last edited by Anyare on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anyare wrote:
*Overdose of adjectives*

That's correct. I did splice from Ema! The other two I used were Lauren Paups and Iris. People don't edit Lauren as often as they do with Maya so I thought I'd give her a try. Then I suddenly realized why they don't, it's difficult to play with her hair and all. ;;;
. . .
:snackood:
Really? You both praise me too much. I could never accept these much compliments. /hides I've only just started so I still have a lot to learn from all of you. Hopefully I improve and not the other way around.
Thank you though, I do try my best!
I'm currently working on a younger Morgan Fey and making the kimono "presentable" is a pain. Her lone sprite won't take hours, It'll take days. :Kristoph-hair:

Well, comming from me, there's really not much merit to those compliments, anything anyone does is already much better than I'd ever manage :payne: , hence such compliments.

I really love the one in your avatar! I think out of all I've seen it's one of my favourites! :will:

And, young Dahila is soooo cute! (Though she's too evil to be called that)

Deleted

Last edited by Sligneris on Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I just blue myself

Good idea about Misty, I look forward to seeing what you can make of her. For a colour, for some reason, I feel Maya's purple but with a little bit...more violet in it might work but these are just the ravings of a madman. Good work and good luck!

The Minecraft Attorney

The splicing is flawless. :grey:

Amazing work! :will:

Anyare wrote:
Hopefully I improve and not the other way around. Thank you though, I do try my best!
I'm currently working on a younger (before Misty became the master of kurain era) Morgan Fey and making the kimono "presentable" is a pain. Her lone sprite won't take hours, It'll take days. :Kristoph-hair:
What color/s do you suggest I dye her kimono to represent peace, goodluck and/or happiness? White? Navy blue? Red? I may be asian but I have little to no knowledge about Japanese/Fey tradition.

I have a feeling you'll definitely improve :) These are great! I hope you keep making them, because I really enjoy them (and it's clear many others do too).

As for the color...hmm...I am also moderately clueless, but I feel like white would definitely standout and at least shows "peace" if nothing else. It would also have other positive connotations, so I think it'd be neat.

Its Very Good, be able to do about Dahlila sprites of Attorney?

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

I see you feel you've had enough compliments, but let me say that your Dahlia edit is good, but your OC is... As RotP said, I can't clearly see the characters you took from. And that's very, very good. It makes it look like a true original character. It's just... So nice, so simple, cute, yet with a lot of character in her eyes. It's a very, very good sprite, not just for a first attempt at spriting (which is impressive enough), but it's also a great sprite by itself.

I love that sprite, I do. And I can't wait to see what else you can do, mostly with OC characters.

I stand up, tip my hat and bow to you, ma'am.

Pixel Artist

Sligneris wrote:
I think you could also try to fix this animation here....

Of course! I'll work on that soon. What areas do you suggest I change/add/improve? I just want to make sure. :scientific:

Good idea about Misty, I look forward to seeing what you can make of her. For a colour, for some reason, I feel Maya's purple but with a little bit...more violet in it might work but these are just the ravings of a madman. Good work and good luck!

That's a very good suggestion. I'll be sure to add that. I was actually talking about Morgan but I could try my hand with Misty too. I was actually thinking of editing the Fey family members. Why I thought of that I do not know. It will be fun because their appearances are open for interpretation! C:

chief_skye4444 wrote:
As for the color...hmm...I am also moderately clueless, but I feel like white would definitely standout and at least shows "peace" if nothing else. It would also have other positive connotations, so I think it'd be neat.

Oh! That's a really good idea. I originally wanted her kimono to be black ( black = respect and formality ) but thought of changing the color to contrast the kimono she wore in JFA. I want the color to symbolize the happiness/ease she felt before she became.. well, you know. ( :morgan: )

nahu2013 wrote:
Its Very Good, be able to do about Dahlila sprites of Attorney?

I'm very sorry, I need to improve first before I entertain any requests or else I might submit something horrible. :snackood: I don't have a D.A. of Dahlia but I have one of Iris. :ayame: It's nowhere near finished though. I might get back to it if I have any spare time!

Thank you so much for the compliments everyone. It really appreciate it. I'll post a preview of a younger Morgan Fey soon! Don't expect much though.. :matt:
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

Deleted

Last edited by Sligneris on Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sligneris wrote:
*images*
Also, a minor nitpick.^^

Jeez, I can't believe people actualy notice things like that, my eyes are absolutely horrible at spotting anything wrong, every criticism I saw on this thread I didn't even manage to notice after they pointed it out. :udgy:

Hair might be a bit more noticeable, but you might not notice the hand issue without opening them in a separate tabs and switching between them, opening them in the editor or simply dragging them at each other.

Art Person

Your sprite work is amazing! Keep up the good work! :maya:

Ok, when you publish the iris DA please

Wotter boy

I must say, your sprites are simply amazing.

Pixel Artist

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
I must say, your sprites are simply amazing.

Really? Thank you very much. :garyuu:
Sligneris wrote:
I believe the area that needs more work is that scarf-like thing... Whatever that is called.
Also, a minor nitpick.
. . .
You might notice in the Iris's case arms position slightly changes to reflect change of head's position. In the Dahlia set, the change matter on that is missing.

Speaking of these sprites, you could slightly straighten up hair on these two poses as well. Compare it to Iris's one for example. ^^

Oh, good perceiving! Alright I revised them! I also fixed some sprites you didn't mention. Left: before, right: after.
Spoiler:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Here's the younger Morgan Fey preview I promised you guys. :toaster: It's still far from done, I still need to get customize the fan and kimono ( So I decided on white! I have a reference photo in my folder. ) and edit a hand's skin tone. Side comparison with the Morgan we know today.
Any suggestions so far?
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

Apologize!!!

Anyare wrote:
Here's the younger Morgan Fey preview I promised you guys. :toaster: It's still far from done, I still need to get customize the fan and kimono ( So I decided on white! I have a reference photo in my folder. ) and edit a hand's skin tone. Side comparison with the Morgan we know today.
Any suggestions so far?

She looks great, I can see her daughters' faces there! As you have a reference photo, I have nothing much to say more.. You'll change her fan Japanese, right? :maya:

earthlings on fire

Wow, I love that younger Morgan! Her hair is really good; it looks totally different from any other character. The fan just seems a bit off to me... I can't really put my finger on it but it could have something to to with the fact that the colours are much more vibrant on it than Morgan...maybe tone its colours down a bit, or remove some white? Just my opinion, though! :maya:

Keep up the good work~
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

My name is Judge.

Excellent work so far on the Young Morgan. The biggest thing that stands out for me is that on her right hand (the one holding the fan), she appears to have no wrist. and her sleeve wouldn't really sit like that on her arm. As she would raise it up like that, it would slide down her forearm towards her elbow.

Furthermore, her left hand--since you've shrunken her head and body a touch--looks huge compared to her arm and the rest of her body. Try flipping the picture horizontally to get a different look at it.

Overall, it's a very promising sprite, just mostly some anatomy/composition issues, correct those before finishing the sprite and I'm sure it'll be excellent!

I will say, from a purely nit-picky standpoint, I have to agree with Raijin. If you wanted to make her more, canon, I suppose, the fan would probable be more of a Japanese style (no fur at the top, wooden ends, typically some sort of image on the inner part of the fan, Google images is a lifesaver for references for things like that.)

I just blue myself

Any criticisms or compliments about Young Morgan has already been said so I'll just leave with a nice thumbs up :tennis:

Good Work
Re: Anyare's Spriting Canvas - older!Pearl Fey.Topic%20Title

Pixel Artist

Percei wrote:
Excellent work so far on the Young Morgan. The biggest thing that stands out for me is that on her right hand (the one holding the fan), she appears to have no wrist. and her sleeve wouldn't really sit like that on her arm. As she would raise it up like that, it would slide down her forearm towards her elbow.

Furthermore, her left hand--since you've shrunken her head and body a touch--looks huge compared to her arm and the rest of her body. Try flipping the picture horizontally to get a different look at it.

Overall, it's a very promising sprite, just mostly some anatomy/composition issues, correct those before finishing the sprite and I'm sure it'll be excellent!

I will say, from a purely nit-picky standpoint, I have to agree with Raijin. If you wanted to make her more, canon, I suppose, the fan would probable be more of a Japanese style (no fur at the top, wooden ends, typically some sort of image on the inner part of the fan, Google images is a lifesaver for references for things like that.)

Cravat of Doom wrote:
Wow, I love that younger Morgan! Her hair is really good; it looks totally different from any other character. The fan just seems a bit off to me... I can't really put my finger on it but it could have something to to with the fact that the colours are much more vibrant on it than Morgan...maybe tone its colours down a bit, or remove some white? Just my opinion, though! :maya:

Keep up the good work~
Rajin wrote:
She looks great, I can see her daughters' faces there! As you have a reference photo, I have nothing much to say more.. You'll change her fan Japanese, right? :maya:

Sorry for the really late reply, I had my finals. School can get hectic, haha. :udgy: I'll be sure to remember those pointers when I edit Morgan. Japanese fan, kimono design, color composition, proportion, shading. I'm very far from finished. o 7 o;; This is the reference photo of the japanese fan for those curious.
Spoiler:

I may not have finished editing Morgan but a few older Pearl sprites have arrived! :garyuu:
Spoiler:
Image Image

( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

Last edited by Anyare on Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whoa, it looks great! :will:

I just blue myself

Beautiful. Great work! I like how the body isn't just a copy of Maya's but has actually been tweaked and worked with.

Fantastic work, as always. Keep it up!

EDIT: In fact, when you compare your Pearl sprites with the official Maya sprites, you can see that - not only are your sprites completely different but - they are in fact prettier, more detailed and...better, in simple subjective words.

ImageImage

Last edited by ReturnofthePhoenix on Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

earthlings on fire

I really like this older Pearl! Often people make her REALLY look older, but I think this is a nice subtle change :)
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Just another day.

hmm...well sadly all the small nitpicks things id have said have already been adressed...soo...yea...your doing great so far and keep up the good work. :D

Sprite sheet of this version of older pearl please :)

Apologize!!!

Me too, I want to see her whole sheet. She's so beautiful! :pearl:

Pixel Artist

Spoiler:
Sligneris wrote:
Whoa, it looks great! :will:

Beautiful. Great work! I like how the body isn't just a copy of Maya's but has actually been tweaked and worked with.
Fantastic work, as always. Keep it up!
EDIT: In fact, when you compare your Pearl sprites with the official Maya sprites, you can see that - not only are your sprites completely different but - they are in fact prettier, more detailed and...better, in simple subjective words.
ImageImage

Cold52 wrote:
hmm...well sadly all the small nitpicks things id have said have already been adressed...soo...yea...your doing great so far and keep up the good work. :D

Cravat of Doom wrote:
I really like this older Pearl! Often people make her REALLY look older, but I think this is a nice subtle change :)

Huddini wrote:
Sprite sheet of this version of older pearl please :)

Rajin wrote:
Me too, I want to see her whole sheet. She's so beautiful! :pearl:

It started out as experimentation but thank you so much for the support guys! I've added a worried Pearl by the way. I'm currently working on her mad sprite. The hands are complicated. Haha! let's see if I can pull this off. :/ /crossesfingers
Oh? I'll be making her sprite sheet then! I'm not a very quick spriter just so you guys know. :payne:
@Huddini: Funny I was playing TG (I'm in part two right now) two days before I rechecked this topic. xD
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

Your sprites are amazing ^^ That new Pearly one looks great :D

OC Attorney At Law!

Let me know when you finish the older pearl fey sprites :3 I would love to use her in a future fan video.

Also, can you make young Morgan in a different colored dress and holding a coffee mug instead of a tea mug doing Morgan's animations?

My OC has an aunt who's nearly identical to Morgan, just younger and prettier (and not insane...) and I'd like to use her in my second fan case when I make it into video form.

Take your time on both of those though, because I still need to finish writing the fanfiction and making the first fan video series anyway xD which could take months or even a year at the rate things are going :udgy:

Anyway, I have nothing to say that hasn't been said already :3 except that you should totally send these to Capcom and see if they'd hire you as an artist for the next AA game :P slim chance that they'd actually do it but xD

Uh, I think she needs to be done with the young Morgan design first before doing requests xD

Now that I think about it, I would also enjoy seeing young Misty too, heh...

Spoiler: thats funny...SPOILER ALERT
You seem o havethe best authentic looking pearly in gs5, so keep it up.
I would so love to see them used in TGens somewhere....maybe in part 3 perhaps!

Spoiler:
Who, Pearl in TGens? I can barely imagine it. :yogi:

Sligneris wrote:
Spoiler:
Who, Pearl in TGens? I can barely imagine it. :yogi:

Spoiler:
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not xP

Spoiler:
I'm not, haha xD It's just with the current concept of Nick etc...

Page 1 of 2 [ 80 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites