Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 42[ 1676 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next

GS6 IdeasTopic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Since there doesn't seem to be a thread for this yet, and to prevent the Who will star in GS6 thread from trailing, here it is for everyone. If this thread isn't necessary, then please remove it.

I mentioned in a previous post in that other thread that I'm hoping for a case with a locked-room mystery involving use of dry ice or even cryogenics. It wasn't my idea in the first place, though! It's that unnamed detective at the precinct who's been working on novels and image training who originally brought it up.

Otherwise, an accident on a train could also be interesting material to work with... The only time we've seen that background image of a train station is from the first game, and only for that one scene.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: GS6 IdeasTopic%20Title

earthlings on fire

I would love to see a case that takes place in a mall. I just think it would be really cool!
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Let's think of a prosecutor, shall we? Here are my ideas:

Spoiler: Prosecutor Ideas
1. Athena's older brother, Koltin, age 22. He is the (almost, because he is male) splitting image of his and Athena's late mother, studied under Edgeworth, :edgy: and an expert in marksmanship, often carrying a blank revolver. His name comes from the Colt Python revolver. (His real name is Calvin Bertrand Cykes, which is a pun on "caliber", the measurement of a gun barrel.)
2. Franziska again.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie's co-council

aplab23207 wrote:
Let's think of a prosecutor, shall we? Here are my ideas:

Spoiler: Prosecutor Ideas
1. Athena's older brother, Colton, age 22. He is the (almost, because he is male) splitting image of his and Athena's late mother, and an expert in marksmanship, often carrying a blank revolver. His name comes from the Colt Python revolver.
2. Franziska again.

Spoiler:
If Athena had a brother I'm pretty sure he'd have showed up in GS5. And I love Franziska, but if she appeared again with a more mature behavior... That would ruin the character for me.

If Ema reappears in GS6... Lana Skye, maybe?

Spoiler: Spoilers concerning some final bosses in the series, including GS5
We've had some unexpected characters turning out to be the final boss. The defendant (Engarde), the prosecutor (Godot), the mentor (Kristoph), the detective (Fulbright)... How about the assistant? A character like Maya, or Trucy, or Kay, or Athena... being the killer in the last case! I'm not talking about them, but a character in the same role. Nobody would expect that. Unless you read this. Sorry for spoiling GS6, guys.

I'm not English. Excuse my grammar errors.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

SweetieBot wrote:
Spoiler:
If Athena had a brother I'm pretty sure he'd have showed up in GS5. And I love Franziska, but if she appeared again with a more mature behavior... That would ruin the character for me.

If Ema reappears in GS6... Lana Skye, maybe?

We've had some unexpected characters turning out to be the final boss. The defendant (Engarde), the prosecutor (Godot), the mentor (Kristoph), the detective (Fulbright)... How about the assistant? A character like Maya, or Trucy, or Kay, or Athena... being the killer in the last case! I'm not talking about them, but a character in the same role. Nobody would expect that. Unless you read this. Sorry for spoiling GS6, guys.

That's the point. He (referring to my prosecutor idea) decided to study under Edgeworth after seeing Athena's trial. And the antagonist in GS6 should be
Spoiler: HEAVY SPOILERS, READ ON YOUR OWN RISK, AS THIS WILL RUIN YOUR EXPERIENCE
Apollo Justice, and he'd have to hold at least 7 black Psyche-Locks instead of 5. That's right. 7! ****ing SEVEN. :pft:

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

SweetieBot wrote:

Spoiler: Speaking of unexpected bosses
let a judge be a final boss. No, I'm not talking about Udgey; he's too just to commit anything beyond a white lie. This other judge would be a terrifying force to be reckoned with. For once, the final breakdown would be featured on the judge's bench instead.

And if not, I just wish to see more of Udgey's Canadian brother. He's pretty darn funny too.

And last but not least, a conversation like this:
Spoiler:
:takethat:
:object: Your Honor! This is the defense's decisive evidence!
:udgy: Mr. Wright, please put away your attorney's badge. We all recognize who you are.
:phoenix: It's no bluff, Your Honor. This is exactly the evidence I need to show!
:udgy: Wha... whaaaaaaaaaat!?
:gs4-people:

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

迷探偵

SweetieBot wrote:

That wouldn't work. Really not. At least, I really don't expect it coming from a Japanese developer.

Spoiler: In the series of "Sephiroth kills Aeris"-esque famous "spoilers"...
Everyone knows that Yasu, the assistant to the protagonist of the 1983 adventure 1983 The Portopia Serial Murder Case, is the murderer. There is a meme (犯人はヤス) that you'll see on any playthrough video of a detective game on NicoNico. I have met people who knew "Yasu is the murderer", despite not even knowing the game. An assistant-murderer would just be seen as nothing but a take on Yasu

Things I'd like to see:

- A murder on a means of transportation. We had the plane in GK1, so either a ship, or a train. A moving, closed setting has a lot to offer in terms of dynamics in case, I think.

- A non-recurring final boss! Ever since GS3, we've been seeing these recurring characters who "surprisingly" turn out to be the final boss; it's been enough. I mean, just look at it:
Spoiler: Spoilers for ALL games in the franchise, including VS Layton
Recurring prosecutor (GS3), mentor-turned-murderer-coming-back (GS4), rival assistant (GK1), 'innocent' witness (GK2), recurring prosecutor (Layton), detective (GS5)

There's no surprise there anymore, and if all the writers can do is trying to go for the 'unexpected', well, then I fear for this series. Von Karma / Gant and Engarde worked perfectly as bosses to represent the theme of the game, making them feel grand. Now, it's more like "it was you all along. But considering the previous games, I already guessed".

- No more 'past cases' in the final case! There is also nothing exciting anymore to finding out the current case is related to a past case. Instead, as we have a bloated protagonist cast anyway, why not introduce the Chunsoft Zapping system (as seen in games like 428 and Detective Conan - Marionette Symphony) to do a three-way trial, at the same time (like how GS3-2 went). Have a case where three different incidents are in fact connected, but where they can't prove it initially. Phoenix, Apollo and Athena each do their owntrial at the same time, with a zapping system used to share the evidence and findings they make during the trials. And then you do all trials at the same time, jumping between the characters and using information acquired in one trial, in another trial (i.e. Phoenix finds out something that is also of consequence for Apollo, who in turn figures something out that Phoenix himself can use). And everything comes together at the end, of course.

- An 'intimate' murder. Just a murder within a single family. Maybe a large family, in a Western mansion somewhere in the mountains, but just something small scale. A stand-alone case, tied to the main theme of the game (as opposed to the main storyline).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

I'd love to see a case where a witness actually gets killed; we'd have two murders on our hands, the ones involve could feel responsible for not catching the criminal quickly enough, and it would add a sense of urgency. I don't exactly have any details planned out, but I think it would make for a nice change of pace.

Have us lose - no, really. Aside from Matt Engarde, no one was guilty of the crime in question - maybe something else, like smuggling or forgery or whatever, but they were never actually killers. I'd love to see someone (preferably Apollo or Athena, the younger and more inexperienced) take a client who's actually guilty, and deal with their conflicted feelings about representing a murderer. Believe it or not, they also have the right to a fair trial.

Non-vital clues; you don't have to find them to progress, but it makes it easier for you in court if you do.

Ash wrote:
- No more 'past cases' in the final case! There is also nothing exciting anymore to finding out the current case is related to a past case. Instead, as we have a bloated protagonist cast anyway, why not introduce the Chunsoft Zapping system (as seen in games like 428 and Detective Conan - Marionette Symphony) to do a three-way trial, at the same time (like how GS3-2 went). Have a case where three different incidents are in fact connected, but where they can't prove it initially. Phoenix, Apollo and Athena each do their owntrial at the same time, with a zapping system used to share the evidence and findings they make during the trials. And then you do all trials at the same time, jumping between the characters and using information acquired in one trial, in another trial (i.e. Phoenix finds out something that is also of consequence for Apollo, who in turn figures something out that Phoenix himself can use). And everything comes together at the end, of course.

This is something I was hoping they'd implement in GS5, but
Spoiler: minor technicalities
by the way the 4th and 5th cases seem like one big case stretched apart into two, it seemed unlikely they ever considered the possibility here. I realize that they developed the DLC case along with the main cases, so it's like making 5 distinct cases in the end. Yet, they could have made the 5th case more of an independent case that ties in with the overall plot and theme - particularly the latter. I do not see this "dark age of law" ending any time soon, nor would it end with simply catching one certain criminal. Another case could help explain the true significance behind this dark age... and the disappearing jurist system, of course. That would be good material to utilize another system.

Then again, too many new game mechanics in a single game can feel a bit overwhelming: the Mood Matrix and the Thought Route already help clean up a lot of areas to be explored. In that case, let the highlight of GS6 be a mechanic similar to or reminiscent of this zapping system. The Wright Anything Agency can be equipped with walkie-talkies for all I care. Then, we could have the judge, the judge's Canadian brother, and a third judge who doesn't know if he should care about something or not, heh yelling at the defense bench for playing with their new-fangled phones. See? This stuff writes itself.

Thane wrote:
Non-vital clues; you don't have to find them to progress, but it makes it easier for you in court if you do.

What do you mean by this? There are plenty of "talk", "press", and "present" topics that are optional or can serve as hints as you play through the game. It's been like that since the first game.

I know. I guess I want you to be able to miss things when you're investigating, and suffer for it later. You know, repercussions for not paying attention to something.

I like the thought of not having all the tools at your disposal when the trial starts.

I agree it'd be interesting the first few times, but I don't think it'd be practical. Without a complete list of evidence, you wouldn't be able to get through a trial segment and move on with the game. It'd be a sure-fire gameover right there, and then the player would be forced to redo the investigation segment. It'd be more frustrating than it's worth.

On the other hand, not having enough evidence during a trial is a recurring issue in-story anyway. That's why there are multiple investigation days; for collecting more evidence and testimony that aren't available the first day.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
I agree it'd be interesting the first few times, but I don't think it'd be practical. Without a complete list of evidence, you wouldn't be able to get through a trial segment and move on with the game. It'd be a sure-fire gameover right there, and then the player would be forced to redo the investigation segment. It'd be more frustrating than it's worth.

On the other hand, not having enough evidence during a trial is a recurring issue in-story anyway. That's why there are multiple investigation days; for collecting more evidence and testimony that aren't available the first day.

Maybe this wasn't the best idea I've ever had. I still stand by my other two, however!

By the way, do you want to elaborate on your train idea? I think a crime scene like that has a lot of potential.

aplab23207 wrote:
And the antagonist in GS6 should be
Spoiler: HEAVY SPOILERS, READ ON YOUR OWN RISK, AS THIS WILL RUIN YOUR EXPERIENCE
Apollo Justice, and he'd have to hold at least 7 black Psyche-Locks instead of 5. That's right. 7! ****ing SEVEN. :pft:

Spoiler:
I don't think so. A returning character has never been a killer in Ace Attorney.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
let a judge be a final boss. No, I'm not talking about Udgey; he's too just to commit anything beyond a white lie. This other judge would be a terrifying force to be reckoned with. For once, the final breakdown would be featured on the judge's bench instead.

And if not, I just wish to see more of Udgey's Canadian brother. He's pretty darn funny too.

Spoiler:
:udgy: Mr. Wright, please put away your attorney's badge. We all recognize who you are.
:phoenix: It's no bluff, Your Honor. This is exactly the evidence I need to show!

Spoiler:
In Gyakuten Saiban? I find it a little hard, being the judge the one who rules the court and so. Also, if they put a different recurring judge I would suspect. Maybe in Gyakuten Kenji.

I lol'd at that conversation xD

Ash wrote:
That wouldn't work. Really not. At least, I really don't expect it coming from a Japanese developer.

Everyone knows that Yasu, the assistant to the protagonist of the 1983 adventure 1983 The Portopia Serial Murder Case, is the murderer. There is a meme (犯人はヤス) that you'll see on any playthrough video of a detective game on NicoNico. I have met people who knew "Yasu is the murderer", despite not even knowing the game. An assistant-murderer would just be seen as nothing but a take on Yasu

First time I hear about that game. But ok, a bad idea xD

Ash wrote:
- A non-recurring final boss! Ever since GS3, we've been seeing these recurring characters who "surprisingly" turn out to be the final boss; it's been enough. I mean, just look at it:
Recurring prosecutor (GS3), mentor-turned-murderer-coming-back (GS4), rival assistant (GK1), 'innocent' witness (GK2), recurring prosecutor (Layton), detective (GS5)

There's no surprise there anymore, and if all the writers can do is trying to go for the 'unexpected', well, then I fear for this series. Von Karma / Gant and Engarde worked perfectly as bosses to represent the theme of the game, making them feel grand. Now, it's more like "it was you all along. But considering the previous games, I already guessed".

-They did that in GK1 and we got an (IMO) obvious, boring and lame final boss xD

Spoiler: GS1 and GS2 spoilers
But I'd love it if they make a non-recurring boss as great as Gant or Engarde.

I'd like to have the 3-days trials again, even if it were just for the final case.

I'd really like to see a murder set at a fashion show. Or perhaps at at a military base.

Thane wrote:
By the way, do you want to elaborate on your train idea? I think a crime scene like that has a lot of potential.

It doesn't have to be exactly a train; a subway system could also suffice. In any case, I'd like that case to revolve around multiple crime scene possibilities. We've had the "false crime scene" idea used over and over already; why not go further? The culprit could cover up his/her tracks by planting fake evidence at several locations that don't seem to be related to each other, as to maximize the number of potential crime scenes and minimize the chances of creating a trail. Obviously, the placement of such evidence would have to be carefully timed as well, so to gain witnesses to moments of the "crime". Tracking down this criminal would be incredibly tough, but by some miracle, a defense attorney manages to do so anyway. All thanks to his attorney's badge!

The suspect of this murder/whatever-else would naturally be one of the train operators. I mean, it's what you'd expect out of a criminal using the subway system, right? But of course, in these games, the initial suspects are never the true criminals.

It's still a very rough draft in mind, but a basis like this could lead to amazing accomplishments. Then, we really could have the complete 3-day investigations and trials again. And, um... lots of lost items and people too, I guess.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

SweetieBot wrote:
aplab23207 wrote:
And the antagonist in GS6 should be

Spoiler:
I don't think so. A returning character has never been a killer in Ace Attorney.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
In Gyakuten Saiban? I find it a little hard, being the judge the one who rules the court and so. Also, if they put a different recurring judge I would suspect. Maybe in Gyakuten Kenji.

I lol'd at that conversation xD

Ash wrote:

First time I hear about that game. But ok, a bad idea xD

Ash wrote:

-They did that in GK1 and we got an (IMO) obvious, boring and lame final boss xD

Spoiler: GS1 and GS2 spoilers
But I'd love it if they make a non-recurring boss as great as Gant or Engarde.

I'd like to have the 3-days trials again, even if it were just for the final case.

Didn't they have one in 3-5?

SweetieBot wrote:
aplab23207 wrote:

Didn't they have one in 3-5?

I guess you're talking about the 3-days trials. In that case, no.

Spoiler: 3-5 spoilers
That's only a 2-days trial. In the first day is Edgeworth vs Franziska (you cross examine Bikini and Larry) and in the second day is Phoenix vs Godot (when the whole Dahlia-in-Maya thing happens).

IIRC there has never been a 3-days trial since the first game.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Better yet, BRING BACK MAYA! PLEASE CAPCOM, I'M BEGGING YOU!!! We love her! And so does Nick! :kissy:

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Thane wrote:

It doesn't have to be exactly a train; a subway system could also suffice. In any case, I'd like that case to revolve around multiple crime scene possibilities. We've had the "false crime scene" idea used over and over already; why not go further? The culprit could cover up his/her tracks by planting fake evidence at several locations that don't seem to be related to each other, as to maximize the number of potential crime scenes and minimize the chances of creating a trail. Obviously, the placement of such evidence would have to be carefully timed as well, so to gain witnesses to moments of the "crime". Tracking down this criminal would be incredibly tough, but by some miracle, a defense attorney manages to do so anyway. All thanks to his attorney's badge!

The suspect of this murder/whatever-else would naturally be one of the train operators. I mean, it's what you'd expect out of a criminal using the subway system, right? But of course, in these games, the initial suspects are never the true criminals.

It's still a very rough draft in mind, but a basis like this could lead to amazing accomplishments. Then, we really could have the complete 3-day investigations and trials again. And, um... lots of lost items and people too, I guess.

I like the idea of the killer's alibi relying on a geographic location, i.e where the train was at the time of the murder.

And Larry as a conductor...

That's a terrifying thought, almost as terrifying as Franziska as Chief Prosecutor, but worse for a larger number of people.

...But unlike Franziska as Chief Prosecutor, Larry may actually take on as a conductor. Okay, you know what? It's more terrifying.

aplab23207 wrote:
That's the point. He (referring to my prosecutor idea) decided to study under Edgeworth after seeing Athena's trial. And the antagonist in GS6 should be

I disapprove. Like, really. Also, I don't think this will ever actually happen.
SweetieBot wrote:
Spoiler:
nevertalk thought about it first. Well, he thought that about Athena, but still.

迷探偵

Oh, yeah, I was kinda disappointed we didn't get that nursery rhyme murder as seen in the screenshots (of the thought route). Sure, GS4-3 was one too, but I want more creepy version of it... I mean, there's a reason Gokumontou is still seen as the best Japanese detective novel for over two decades now!

And more ideas: something at a library / bookstore (moved books; dying messages; moving covers around to make it seem books were moved etc), or something at a videogame arcade.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ash wrote:
And more ideas: something at a library / bookstore (moved books; dying messages; moving covers around to make it seem books were moved etc),

They did something like that in GK1-1.

迷探偵

I know, but I wanted more :3

Damn, everyone here comes up with such great locations, and I'm just sitting here going 'maybe a harbor because...I like harbors'.

Maybe a tourist resort? Someone was shot by a harpoon while diving! Or is that basically Turnabout Return?

Ash wrote:
And more ideas: something at a library / bookstore (moved books; dying messages; moving covers around to make it seem books were moved etc), or something at a videogame arcade.

Seconded. Video games in a video game... more often than not, a delicious treat.

That reminds me: why has there never been a mention of a Steel Samurai video game? For all its popularity, there should be one.

Thane wrote:
Damn, everyone here comes up with such great locations, and I'm just sitting here going 'maybe a harbor because...I like harbors'.

Maybe a tourist resort? Someone was shot by a harpoon while diving! Or is that basically Turnabout Return?

As long as we aren't defending another marine specimen, I think it'd be fine.

Hm. I kinda want to hear some "main story" ideas.

Sligneris wrote:

Maya gets kidnapped and Phoenix has to save her with the help of Athena, who has a brand new skimpy outfit.

This stuff just writes itself, I'm telling you.

And if I'm going to be a tad more serious, I'd like to know more about the Jurist System, why it's necessary and why it's not present in Dual Destinies (yes, yes I know they don't want to spoil anything for newcomers, but they could give us a story-related explanation in the upcoming game).

Thane wrote:
Sligneris wrote:

Maya gets kidnapped and Phoenix has to save her with the help of Athena, who has a brand new skimpy outfit.

Somewhere along the lines, Edgeworth comes in to tell you about a government conspiracy that has nothing to do with the kidnapping (at first) and Klavier pops in for no reason... shirtless, for no reason of course.

Or maybe it's because they're all in swimwear and the case takes place at a summer resort. Then we could really bring in Franziska and her whip. BEACH PARTAAAAAAAY!!

And then Larry will be proven to be behind everything, as he always is. Yes, even the government conspiracy.

Quote:
And if I'm going to be a tad more serious, I'd like to know more about the Jurist System, why it's necessary and why it's not present in Dual Destinies (yes, yes I know they don't want to spoil anything for newcomers, but they could give us a story-related explanation in the upcoming game).

Well, I wasn't kidding about the government conspiracy. I want the next game to focus on the theme of reform. It's like the recovery step after ending a "dark age". (But rest assured, Larry will not be a double agent who's been faking his act all this time.)

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I'm a big fan of any story in Ace Attorney that focuses on the legal system in the AA IP. PW:AA did this with the whole idea of all the prosecutors being "Evil" and cheat their way to win, and AJ:AA being, yet again, about how people exploit the legal system proving it to be an unreliable and unjust law-system. And I also loved 1-2 because of how Redd White had everyone by their balls (can I swear on this forum? Lawl.)

The only main story idea I have is very vague... but I thought of something where Phoenix/Apollo's personal investment/motivation for the cases in the game, (or case 4/5) will be to stop someone who is misusing the legal system, and if he succeeds it would mean the end of Phoenix/Apollo's careers.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Thane wrote:
Sligneris wrote:

Somewhere along the lines, Edgeworth comes in to tell you about a government conspiracy that has nothing to do with the kidnapping (at first) and Klavier pops in for no reason... shirtless, for no reason of course.

Or maybe it's because they're all in swimwear and the case takes place at a summer resort. Then we could really bring in Franziska and her whip. BEACH PARTAAAAAAAY!!

And then Larry will be proven to be behind everything, as he always is. Yes, even the government conspiracy.

Quote:

Well, I wasn't kidding about the government conspiracy. I want the next game to focus on the theme of reform. It's like the recovery step after ending a "dark age". (But rest assured, Larry will not be a double agent who's been faking his act all this time.)

Don't forget the breeze magically opening all the buttons on Edgeworth's Hawaiian shirt, revealing a sweating set of amazing abs.

But yes, I think that'd make for a wonderful overarching story of the game. The real implementation of the Jurist System, that is. Sure, they can choose easier and lighter themes and it is a lot more probable that they will, but I can't think of anything that would interest me more, at the moment.

And I'll also add the obligatory 'I want Maya back'.
Spoiler:
I think it's bad enough that she had apparently not talked to Phoenix much during those seven years, but to have her send a random, incredibly unsatisfying letter explaining her abscence in Dual Destinies? That's just low.

Thane wrote:

Spoiler:
I think it's bad enough that she had apparently not talked to Phoenix much during those seven years, but to have her send a random, incredibly unsatisfying letter explaining her abscence in Dual Destinies? That's just low.

Spoiler:
Even though I'm not one those "OMG, I want Maya back!" type of fans, I do think that not including her even as a cameo is simply a slap in the face to Ace Attorney fans who were really dead set on her appearing in the game. I'm sure that Capcom knows how much of a fanbase that Maya has, and not even a simple cameo truly shows how much they care about their fans. A little fan service here and there isn't a bad thing, just as long as you don't go overboard with it and it's not like Dual Destinies is overloaded with cameos.

Thane wrote:
Don't forget the breeze magically opening all the buttons on Edgeworth's Hawaiian shirt, revealing a sweating set of amazing abs.

There will be a glow and accompanying choir, naturally. And together with Phoenix's shining finger and Apollo's shining forehead, the three stars illuminate the path to victory, truth, and all that is sexy... against the great Evil Administrate Larry.

Phoenix Wright: Fanservice Attorney coming to you in... um... the future. Yeah.

...Shining forehead. what have i done

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Actually, it's implied through that letter and Pearl's last comment in the credits that she has been keeping in touch. (Pearl casually suggested that he take her and Maya out on another trip some time, but it's not like he hasn't been doing so already.) I would have preferred if Phoenix kept a pile of her letters somewhere, but I guess he didn't.

But the explanation for her whereabouts was definitely poorly thought out. They could have at least mentioned that she took a vacation to her heritage back in Japan, instead of simply staying in the village. Maya once said she loved to travel...

In any case, Nick would never have a moment of peace, even in his mind, whenever Maya's around. I'd say her ESP levels match that of Mia's now.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Thane wrote:

There will be a glow and accompanying choir, naturally. And together with Phoenix's shining finger and Apollo's shining forehead, the three stars illuminate the path to victory, truth, and all that is sexy... against the great Evil Administrate Larry.

Phoenix Wright: Fanservice Attorney coming to you in... um... the future. Yeah.

...Shining forehead. what have i done

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Actually, it's implied through that letter and Pearl's last comment in the credits that she has been keeping in touch. (Pearl casually suggested that he take her and Maya out on another trip some time, but it's not like he hasn't been doing so already.) I would have preferred if Phoenix kept a pile of her letters somewhere, but I guess he didn't.

But the explanation for her whereabouts was definitely poorly thought out. They could have at least mentioned that she took a vacation to her heritage back in Japan, instead of simply staying in the village. Maya once said she loved to travel...

In any case, Nick would never have a moment of peace, even in his mind, whenever Maya's around. I'd say her ESP levels match that of Mia's now.

I'd buy that game...there's nothing like copious amounts of fan service done right aimed at both genders.

Spoiler:
I'm glad to hear it, but it still sounds odd to me. Didn't Maya just hear about Phoenix getting his badge back? And wouldn't she come running and congratulate him the second Kristoph was sent to jail?

Quick question though; does Pearl still insist that Phoenix and Maya are a couple? Because I saw they kept her cute 'embarrassed' sprite and somehow made it cuter...I mean, sure, she's 16, but I reckon a part of her must still be a little bit childish, naive and in love with fairytale romance.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Thane wrote:
Sligneris wrote:

Quote:

That beach party thing seems like a good idea. I'd love to see Apollo shirtless...like a man.

Thane wrote:
I'd buy that game...there's nothing like copious amounts of fan service done right aimed at both genders.

Spoiler:
I'm glad to hear it, but it still sounds odd to me. Didn't Maya just hear about Phoenix getting his badge back? And wouldn't she come running and congratulate him the second Kristoph was sent to jail?

Quick question though; does Pearl still insist that Phoenix and Maya are a couple? Because I saw they kept her cute 'embarrassed' sprite and somehow made it cuter...I mean, sure, she's 16, but I reckon a part of her must still be a little bit childish, naive and in love with fairytale romance.

I'd be just a bit scared if there ever exists a mod of an AA game with all the sprites switched for shirtless ones. Everything else would be left them same, but everyone is shirtless. And once you get to that one old lady...

Oh GOD. What did I just IMAGINE? AAAAAAAAhh....

Spoiler:
I don't know when Maya first heard about him gaining his attorney's badge, but it does seem like those letters come every few months or so. Time-wise, he would have gotten his badge back about 5 months ago. Knowing that he only takes cases every few months, she carefully schedules out days when she feels it's appropriate to send a letter and maybe even Pearl... like when he's on a case. (Okay, I don't know that for sure.)

The timelines in AA are so widely spaced, with exception of the AAI games and GS5. There's so much missed potential when the writers come up with scenarios. Oh, and don't forget that Phoenix went off to Germerica at some point before case 2. Where did that one case where he and Athena first met go...?

Of course not; he didn't get his badge back yet She may not have heard about that one trial so soon, actually. It was big news, but not as big news as a courtroom bombing, for example. Plus, she lives in an area with limited broadcast and network access, nor is she good with technology.

As for Pearl... yes. Although she doesn't outright state that he and Maya should be fiancees, she still treats Nick as a growing young man who's still in-training to be a proper gentleman. He prefers to keep his objections quiet in this case, though.

Speaking of refined manners, we need more gentlemen in this series. Professor Layton was a good introduction.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Thane wrote:

Spoiler:

I'd be just a bit scared if there ever exists a mod of an AA game with all the sprites switched for shirtless ones. Everything else would be left them same, but everyone is shirtless. And once you get to that one old lady...

Oh GOD. What did I just IMAGINE? AAAAAAAAhh....

Spoiler:
I don't know when Maya first heard about him gaining his attorney's badge, but it does seem like those letters come every few months or so. Time-wise, he would have gotten his badge back about 5 months ago. Knowing that he only takes cases every few months, she carefully schedules out days when she feels it's appropriate to send a letter and maybe even Pearl... like when he's on a case. (Okay, I don't know that for sure.)

The timelines in AA are so widely spaced, with exception of the AAI games and GS5. There's so much missed potential when the writers come up with scenarios. Oh, and don't forget that Phoenix went off to Germerica at some point before case 2. Where did that one case where he and Athena first met go...?

Of course not; he didn't get his badge back yet She may not have heard about that one trial so soon, actually. It was big news, but not as big news as a courtroom bombing, for example. Plus, she lives in an area with limited broadcast and network access, nor is she good with technology.

As for Pearl... yes. Although she doesn't outright state that he and Maya should be fiancees, she still treats Nick as a growing young man who's still in-training to be a proper gentleman. He prefers to keep his objections quiet in this case, though.

Speaking of refined manners, we need more gentlemen in this series. Professor Layton was a good introduction.

What are you talking about? Oldbag would have been modded to look 21 - I'm honestly surprised Capcom didn't do it themselves...speaking of which, Athena should be 19 soon, right? In that case she'll probably be discarded soon, she's getting way too old!

Spoiler:
Alright, well I'm good to hear they've been keeping in touch but that letter just bummed me out, honestly. I said before the game came that I didn't need Maya to appear, and I certainly didn't want her in a superfluous role, and I stand by that. That said, I sort of expected them to handle her abscence a little better...some familiarity and hints for future 'rendezvous'. Their relationship, however you choose to interpret it, is/was one of the things that made the original Ace Attorney so good. It just feels odd that she disappeared.

Heh...is it cute or weird when she does it at 16? Does she slap Phoenix?

You know what, you're absolutely right. We've got Edgeworth though, and even though I was incredibly unimpressed by the cast of Ace Attorney Investigations, Colias Palaeno, while not exactly a gentleman, was at least one of the few people in the series so far who was unconditionally helpful.

Thane wrote:
What are you talking about? Oldbag would have been modded to look 21 - I'm honestly surprised Capcom didn't do it themselves...speaking of which, Athena should be 19 soon, right? In that case she'll probably be discarded soon, she's getting way too old!

By that logic, everyone in the courtroom would become kindergarten... and the judge would have a bib.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Alright, well I'm good to hear they've been keeping in touch but that letter just bummed me out, honestly. I said before the game came that I didn't need Maya to appear, and I certainly didn't want her in a superfluous role, and I stand by that. That said, I sort of expected them to handle her abscence a little better...some familiarity and hints for future 'rendezvous'. Their relationship, however you choose to interpret it, is/was one of the things that made the original Ace Attorney so good. It just feels odd that she disappeared.

Heh...is it cute or weird when she does it at 16? Does she slap Phoenix?

Spoiler:
I can't say it'll become another mystery to solve, but Nick did promise to take Trucy off to an amusement park after his latest case. And by Pearl's suggestion to bring Maya and her along for a trip somewhere, they'd probably join in. (Of course, he never said his employees would be coming too... Hey, someone's got to keep watch of the office.)

It's still cute because it's Pearl. She doesn't slap him, but instead scolds him. Sometimes, it hurts even more.

Quote:
You know what, you're absolutely right. We've got Edgeworth though, and even though I was incredibly unimpressed by the cast of Ace Attorney Investigations, Colias Palaeno, while not exactly a gentleman, was at least one of the few people in the series so far who was unconditionally helpful.

A suit and a cravat do not make a gentleman... You need a hat.

迷探偵

What if it turns out, even unbeknownst to Larry, that the theft of the lunch money (of the classroom trial) was orchestrated by another kid in their class, who had set things up to blame Nick. Years later, this kid has become the youngest judge ever (and of course, secretly highly corrupt). Final trial: Phoenix vs Edgeworth, with Larry as defendant and The Other Kid as the judge/real murderer![/drama-derived-from-connecting-things-to-character-past-and-enough-material-for-interconnected-cases]

And in the end, Phoenix will have his money stolen and Edgeworth will get konked on the head at some point.

But I really would like to see a judge have a breakdown. Imagine where that gavel would fly as he/she bursts into rage.

...like on Edgeworth's head. He loses his memory and forgets that he's supposed to be a prosecutor.

The next part of that case features Edgeworth as playable... as a defense attorney, of course. either that, or he becomes the craziest witness we've ever seen in this series

Because he can't get Edgeworth back to his sane mind, Phoenix is forced to call Franziska in to whip everyone back into shape.

...And Larry will still be behind some embarrassing event with explosive reactions because explosions are cool. He always is.

Wow, this stuff really writes itself. Sorry if I end up spoiling GS6 for anyone.

Page 1 of 42 [ 1676 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)