Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 103[ 4090 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 103  Next

Random conversations about GamesTopic%20Title

Anything somehow related to games, put it in here.

And I will start with something I found dumb in Persona 4. I'm playing it as we speak.
Technically, two things that were pretty dumb... but here goes.

Spoiler: Dumb Thing #1 (Late Game Spoilers)
When the second warning letter comes in, Dojima sees it and demands to know from Yu exactly what is going on, what his involvement with the murder cases is and all that. Given how Yu has the option to tell the truth - I don't know if it's influenced by Courage, mine is maxed out - we can have him tell the truth.
And, of course, Dojima doesn't believe him.
Although given the fact that there's a TV right there, Yu could've just fisted the TV and proven it. So why doesn't Yu just shove the fist in there and prove it? Heck, even if he didn't, there was a TV in the interrogation room. He could've done the same thing there... Okay technically not, since Even Bigger Spoilers was there...

Spoiler: Dumb Thing #2 (Late Game Spoilers)
Same scene, but Dojima telling Nanako that he and Yu are not fighting. Although Dojima's tone of voice is his professional, slightly impatient and annoyed one, demanding an answer. We don't know what Yu's voice is like, but that scene definitely looks not like a Not-Fight...

I was gonna list a third thing about Nanako, but that was explained in the game a few minutes ago...

C-A
Re: Random conversations about GamesTopic%20Title

Ace Sidekick!

bumpbumpbump!

I am tempted to buy both Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and Harvest Moon: A New Beginning but my mom might get upset if I buy more stuff.

But my bank account is full of money because I only buy stuff when I know for sure I want it.

And A New Beginning looks friggin adorable.

State Alchemist

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:
bumpbumpbump!

I am tempted to buy both Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and Harvest Moon: A New Beginning but my mom might get upset if I buy more stuff.

But my bank account is full of money because I only buy stuff when I know for sure I want it.

And A New Beginning looks friggin adorable.

Never played a Harvest Moon game before, but I'm not sure about getting into the series. Not all that interested into farming anyways.

I recently bought Professor Layton: The Curious Village during my vacation in Pennsylvania. I want to get more into the series in preparation for PL vs. AA in 2014. There's some challenge to the puzzles, but it's nothing I can't handle, and the mystery is interesting to follow and unravel.

I also bought the Gamecube remake of Resident Evil 1, but I still haven't played it. Though I'm really tempted to play it late at night.

Fate Testarossa

Dream Team's quite good so far, from what I've played. So, if you've enjoyed previous entries in the series, you'll like Dream Team.

Fate is made by クロス

I want Harvest Moon: A New Beginning~! :igarashi:
Even if I prefer the title Land of Beginning...
But it's not out in Germany...
And I am not gonna buy an American 3DS, just so I don't have to wait. *goes off to rant about fucking region locks again*

C-A

Let it go and move it move it

Recently I have been interested in Persona 4. I don't know much about it other than a couple of the conversations I've read here and the beginning of a Let's Play of it.

I honestly have no idea what it's about. I have searched it, but what I've read hasn't made much sense to me. Something about collecting Personas? What's the purpose of the game?
Within Temptation

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Lucy wrote:
Recently I have been interested in Persona 4. I don't know much about it other than a couple of the conversations I've read here and the beginning of a Let's Play of it.

I honestly have no idea what it's about. I have searched it, but what I've read hasn't made much sense to me. Something about collecting Personas? What's the purpose of the game?

Embrace that weird side of yourself! Fight demons-err I mean personas! Fuse demons-err I mean personas! And strengthen bonds with your friends! and create a harem!
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Gettin' Old!

Just discovered Persona 4:Arena : Climax is a thing and Junpei and Yukari are in it...

Finally my dream of killing Yukari over and over again in cruel and unusual ways and smashing her face into a bloody paste with Kanji's mighty fists can come true.

Atlus truely are the dream-weavers.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Blak The Great wrote:
Lucy wrote:

Embrace that weird side of yourself! Fight demons-err I mean personas! Fuse demons-err I mean personas! And strengthen bonds with your friends! and create a harem!

No, Blak, honey, that's Persona 3.
Persona 4 is about the truth and reaching out to the truth and the truth behind lies and not taking the easy path and seeking out for the truth!

Actually, it's about high schoolers playing detective in a TV World and using Persona, which in this game are named after Japanese Mythology, to use magic and other skills. It's the most upbeat out of the Persona games and I love it. The battle theme above is so cool! I do like the Golden version's new theme, Making History, but I still prefer Reach Out To The Truth.

C-A

Okay, just finished P3P by not getting the Bad Ending and clearing the full course of the game... and I'm confused as fuck. Okay, I knew before I started playing the game what happened in the end. At least, I knew the overall general things. Some details I didn't know...

By the way, Persona 3 = Majora's Mask
At least, that's what part of the last bit of the game felt like!
Someone know where Aigis stands on the last few days if you maxed her S Link?

Spoiler: Ending!
Okay, according to everything I read, the protagonist pretty much dies at the end of the game, kind of or not, and is basically acting as a seal on Nyx or the overall longing for death from humanity to prevent The Fall from happening... any time soon.

I was really looking forward to a good scene, the protagonist knowingly sealing themselves and maybe giving me a nice, kind of dramatic and maybe heart-wrenching scene at the end, before the game ends. What do I get instead? Pretty much a copy of the Bad Ending, but with the addition that everybody rushes to the roof and Aigis is practically my lap pillow and then the screen goes white... Boom, The End!

Atlus, what the fuck?
You wasted a perfectly wonderful scene that could've actually made this game have a really good ending! Make me actually... kind of care about some of the characters in this game. You basically ended the game with nothing. What, did the budget run out or was it 5 minutes before end of shift on a Friday and you just slapped a white screen and the words Fin over a black screen and called it done to get out a bit earlier?

This is just... from a game that deals so much about death and life, I expected a really good scene. Especially if the Protagonist goes, literally, Messiah on us and sacrifices themselves to save us! I want a neat little shot or something!

Does a New Game + actually add more to that part?
Or is it because I didn't max every Social Link?
Does it change anything? Otherwise, this is such a huge Minuspoint for this game, in my opinion.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Nope unless you have access to the expansion of the time "The Answer" that came with the FES variety.

Then you get to play a little later on with the cast coming to terms with the ending of P3. Though it's almost entirely endless battling so it's not THAT great.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ace Sidekick!

Calisto Yew looks like my aunt ._.

Gettin' Old!

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:
Calisto Yew looks like my aunt ._.

Is your aunt secretly PURE EVIL!!

Though congratulations, I dunno about your Aunt's age but if they are anything close to mine then looking like Calisto Yew at that age is certainly an impressive feat.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Ace Sidekick!

Pierre wrote:
Is your aunt secretly PURE EVIL!!

I thought she was when I was a kid.

Pierre wrote:
Though congratulations, I dunno about your Aunt's age but if they are anything close to mine then looking like Calisto Yew at that age is certainly an impressive feat.

D'oh! Forgot about age.

Pierre wrote:
Nope unless you have access to the expansion of the time "The Answer" that came with the FES variety.

Then you get to play a little later on with the cast coming to terms with the ending of P3. Though it's almost entirely endless battling so it's not THAT great.

That's bullshit!
And a total punch in the face for anyone who doesn't have access to The Answer. Plus, what the fuck kind of idea is it to explain the ending in an expansion? That is stupid and terrible marketing! Just proves that you suck at making a good, coherent ending.

Atlus, you fail!
Fo' Shaaaaame! *finger wag*

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

That's bullshit!
And a total punch in the face for anyone who doesn't have access to The Answer. Plus, what the fuck kind of idea is it to explain the ending in an expansion? That is stupid and terrible marketing! Just proves that you suck at making a good, coherent ending.

Atlus, you fail!
Fo' Shaaaaame! *finger wag*

C-A

Well the ending didn't explicitly state....hang on opening spoilers.

Spoiler: P3 ending
That the protagonist died, it's just implied. You get to find out what happened in the Answer if you want a little more but as a standalone ending it's only ok I guess. You do get the days post-conflict to wrap up your maxed social links and get a bit more closure on them which was nice. If you want more information P4A has Elizabeth travelling around trying to find a way to help Protag.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

The dwarf geeky panda!

CatMuto wrote:
Someone know where Aigis stands on the last few days if you maxed her S Link?

C-A

As far as I remember she's on the roof of the school.

The ending is pretty much okay in my point of view. The game deal with the theme of life and death, but more importantly the will of living. In the end everyone remember why they live and what they fighted and will live for, so, better than the ending where they just live blindlessly without any real goal. (But I think that when you realise that Seal of Nyx need all your health point can give a clue about his fate though.In P4 it's all your SP point.) The answer give also detail about what are really the shadows since it wasn't really explained in the main game.

Also me too wish to beat Yukari up (and she has a horrible costume.)
Please don't hit me...

I looked at the roof and all I found was a chance to look at the flowerbed, where the flowers were about to wither... SYMBOLISM!

I don't know. If the game can't explain its ending and has to rely on expansions or out-of-game sources like artbooks and in-depth game manuals and such, you are doing something very, very wrong. (Similar to how, apparently, Namco answers the question who Mr Ending is in an artbook or something like that. I think it's just a sad attempt to stop people from complaining of not getting an answer, but in Tales of the Abyss? The ambiguity of Mr Ending WORKS. Here, it doesn't, mostly because there is an official sequel - P4A, counting as a sequel to P4 and P3)

The way the ending is portrayed here... is no ending at all.
It just stops. Even Gina and the 5 Blue Pots had something that really felt like an ending. After the adventure Gina had, her father returns. Here it just... nothing. Just bang and Poof!

Sure, the fact that the battle-winning techniques costs all the HP might be a clue. But if it's a clue, I expect something to happening immediately and not two months after the battle.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I looked at the roof and all I found was a chance to look at the flowerbed, where the flowers were about to wither... SYMBOLISM!

I don't know. If the game can't explain its ending and has to rely on expansions or out-of-game sources like artbooks and in-depth game manuals and such, you are doing something very, very wrong. (Similar to how, apparently, Namco answers the question who Mr Ending is in an artbook or something like that. I think it's just a sad attempt to stop people from complaining of not getting an answer, but in Tales of the Abyss? The ambiguity of Mr Ending WORKS. Here, it doesn't, mostly because there is an official sequel - P4A, counting as a sequel to P4 and P3)

The way the ending is portrayed here... is no ending at all.
It just stops. Even Gina and the 5 Blue Pots had something that really felt like an ending. After the adventure Gina had, her father returns. Here it just... nothing. Just bang and Poof!

Sure, the fact that the battle-winning techniques costs all the HP might be a clue. But if it's a clue, I expect something to happening immediately and not two months after the battle.

C-A

Ix-nay on the STRONG SPOILER IMPLICATIONS-AY

Though that flower thing is kinda clever, never saw that myself.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I tried very hard to keep my clues very vague.
Like in that P3 comic I gave a link to once. Unless I knew what was going on there, I'd have no idea what was going on. I knew what was going on, but parts of it still made no sense to me until I played the game. (So no real spoiler after all)

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

I didn't know that you can travel with Marin in Link's Awakening...I didn't know Marin could be.....So tomboyish.

And I also saw the alternate ending and just felt like tearing up.

Spoiler:
But now I can't tell if Marin truly exists or not.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I always felt that Marin was nothing more than a dream, but took a real life physical form of a seagull if you got the good ending.

My favorite thing with Marin is a tie between the crane game and what she says with the cucco. Usually she'll tell you to stop, but attack the cucco enough and it seems like she gets a little bloodthirsty. It's easy to miss, but I love those little instances.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

You know, a Mario game!

CatMuto wrote:
And I am not gonna buy an American 3DS, just so I don't have to wait. *goes off to rant about fucking region locks again*

C-A

Wait, your 3DS is region locked? That's weird, mine is able to play Ouendan 1 & 2 perfectly, maybe only 3DS games are locked?
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Gettin' Old!

dimentiorules wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Wait, your 3DS is region locked? That's weird, mine is able to play Ouendan 1 & 2 perfectly, maybe only 3DS games are locked?

Mhmmm I think it's just 3DS games.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

dimentiorules wrote:

Correct. The 3DS is region locked. For 3DS games. I hate region-lock... Any employee working on a console to be released and suggests region lock needs to be shot in the knee cap and then fired.

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

Yeah, I don't really get the point of region lock, either. What's the point of preventing people from importing? It's not like it's illegal or anything!
My Twitter Account

Gettin' Old!

dimentiorules wrote:
Yeah, I don't really get the point of region lock, either. What's the point of preventing people from importing? It's not like it's illegal or anything!

It's more of a national thing to my knowledge. If something isn't region locked but is released earlier elsewhere (ala Japan > everywhere) then people will import it from that source and thus hurt game sales and the economy of the country they live in already.

ESRB ratings and the like might also have something to do with it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Fate Testarossa

We all know this is the real reason...

Fate is made by クロス

kwando wrote:

Can't be. After all, once I import something, I generally don't buy that game again with a different region.

Plus, any marketing or localization guy knows that people eventually circumvent the region lock somehow, be it Swap Magic, Flip Tops or Action Replay, so why even bother putting it on? Plus, people importing a game that isn't getting localized to their country should be a good hint at the company that there is a market for things.
Hello Capcom!

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

I hate what Capcom has become. I mean, they make you pay for DLC that's ALREADY ON THE DISC! That's just shady business practice if you ask me.
My Twitter Account

Oh dear God, Namco Bandai what have you done!? It's great that you want to bring out a remaster of Symphonia, but what in God's name is making you pick these costumes?! Are you fucking high!?

First majory disgusting thing you did was give Kratos, Kratos, the badass of the group, Ludger's outfit which has suspenders on it! Don't you dare look me in the eye and say that is a take on Kratos' most-likely-official Bondage fetish, considering his Judgement outfit! That is just wrong! Lloyd is the one who wears suspenders and I would still like to take them off and smack his ass with them because they are just horrifying to look at.

Then you take Refill, who had a quirky side with the Ruin Mode but was otherwise a pretty levelheaded person, and give her Pascal's outfit? Whatever made you think that you should put that outfit on her?! It looks so stupid on her! Why not give her Rita's outfit and not Collet? Or better yet, give Refill a Tear outfit! I hate Tear, but her outfit was pretty neat. Or even Farah's outfit! If it has to be a healer's, make it Mint's! Don't give her this stupid ass short-shorts with suspenders. It just looks dumb!

Oh man, this really makes it very unlikely I will get the Unisonant Pack.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Oh dear God, Namco Bandai what have you done!? It's great that you want to bring out a remaster of Symphonia, but what in God's name is making you pick these costumes?! Are you fucking high!?

First majory disgusting thing you did was give Kratos, Kratos, the badass of the group, Ludger's outfit which has suspenders on it! Don't you dare look me in the eye and say that is a take on Kratos' most-likely-official Bondage fetish, considering his Judgement outfit! That is just wrong! Lloyd is the one who wears suspenders and I would still like to take them off and smack his ass with them because they are just horrifying to look at.

Then you take Refill, who had a quirky side with the Ruin Mode but was otherwise a pretty levelheaded person, and give her Pascal's outfit? Whatever made you think that you should put that outfit on her?! It looks so stupid on her! Why not give her Rita's outfit and not Collet? Or better yet, give Refill a Tear outfit! I hate Tear, but her outfit was pretty neat. Or even Farah's outfit! If it has to be a healer's, make it Mint's! Don't give her this stupid ass short-shorts with suspenders. It just looks dumb!

Oh man, this really makes it very unlikely I will get the Unisonant Pack.

C-A

What is that a 3DS remake of Symphonia? That's pretty neat if so.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:

The Unisonant Pack is an HD Remaster of Symphonia and Knight of Ratatosk, to come out for the PS3. The localized version is called Chronicles. I was a bit iffy about the remaster in the first place, because I thought Symphonia's PS2 version was fine as it was... and the only way I would enjoy Knight of Ratatosk, is if they were to scrap the entire game and rebuild it anew, with a bigger budget, more time and adding in things that obviously did not make it into the game due to previous time and money constraints.

And I don't want anyone to think I hate Tales Cameo costumes. I like them, they're fun... as long as there aren't too many of them. Vesperia was terrible, shoving Cameo costume after another into it, I think even Graces did that... same with Xillia.
But I think the Cameo costumes have to "make sense" and not just be put in because the Cameo costume's character is very popular. *coughLeoncoughYuricough* Putting Lloyd into Guy's outfit? Makes sense. Genius in Luke's? Eh... not really? The others are kind of hit and miss... Presea in the other loli-characters of Xillia 2, Elise, makes sense. But Refill and Pascal? What's the connection?

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

The Unisonant Pack is an HD Remaster of Symphonia and Knight of Ratatosk, to come out for the PS3. The localized version is called Chronicles. I was a bit iffy about the remaster in the first place, because I thought Symphonia's PS2 version was fine as it was... and the only way I would enjoy Knight of Ratatosk, is if they were to scrap the entire game and rebuild it anew, with a bigger budget, more time and adding in things that obviously did not make it into the game due to previous time and money constraints.

And I don't want anyone to think I hate Tales Cameo costumes. I like them, they're fun... as long as there aren't too many of them. Vesperia was terrible, shoving Cameo costume after another into it, I think even Graces did that... same with Xillia.
But I think the Cameo costumes have to "make sense" and not just be put in because the Cameo costume's character is very popular. *coughLeoncoughYuricough* Putting Lloyd into Guy's outfit? Makes sense. Genius in Luke's? Eh... not really? The others are kind of hit and miss... Presea in the other loli-characters of Xillia 2, Elise, makes sense. But Refill and Pascal? What's the connection?

C-A

I'm the same for the FFX HD.

Though those graphics don't even look great on HD for PS3, looks more fitting for Vita or 3DS.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:

Though those graphics don't even look great on HD for PS3, looks more fitting for Vita or 3DS.

I saw a comparison pic of FFX and the HD Remaster... and the HD Remaster made Yuna look more dead-eyed and doll-like than before. What is it with everyone wanting an HD Remaster these days? HD isn't that great, after all.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I saw a comparison pic of FFX and the HD Remaster... and the HD Remaster made Yuna look more dead-eyed and doll-like than before. What is it with everyone wanting an HD Remaster these days? HD isn't that great, after all.

C-A

I dunno...I'd blame a lack of imagination.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You know, a Mario game!

I only buy remakes if either A. I don't own the original, or B. they make lots of changes to the game to make it fresh and new, like Super Mario 64 DS did.
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
I only buy remakes if either A. I don't own the original, or B. they make lots of changes to the game to make it fresh and new, like Super Mario 64 DS did.

Two reasons why I will most likely not get Wind Waker HD... at least, not very soon, if I choose to purchase it. I still have the Golden Edition of Wind Waker for my Gamecube and it works just fine. I don't own a WiiU, it costs too much for my tastes.
And while I like that they removed the playing back of songs you just played on the Waker and apparently had options to make the sailing faster, I don't think that's enough to make me want to buy the game very soon. And HD or 3D graphics are practically among the last things that would sway me to buy a game.

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

Well, maybe that's not entirely true, as I did get Ocarina Of Time 3D for the sole reason that it had Master Quest in it.
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
Well, maybe that's not entirely true, as I did get Ocarina Of Time 3D for the sole reason that it had Master Quest in it.

Hmm... I didn't get it immediately, because the Golden Edition of WW had OoT + Master Quest in the case as well. But I did get the 3DS version eventually, solely because the controls got updated.

C-A
Page 1 of 103 [ 4090 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 103  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station