Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 2[ 63 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Marketing of Dual Destinies outside JapanTopic%20Title

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

So we finally got the Dual Destinies release date. But does that mean Capcom will advertise more than what we've seen. For English, we got an announcement trailer, investigation gameplay trailer, and Blackquill trailer. Will we get a story trailer before 8/24 like the Japanese 5/31 or maybe even demo? I'd like some opinions.
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage
Re: Marketing of Dual Destinies outside JapanTopic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

fourtrass wrote:
So we finally got the Dual Destinies release date. But does that mean Capcom will advertise more than what we've seen. For English, we got an announcement trailer, investigation gameplay trailer, and Blackquill trailer. Will we get a story trailer before 8/24 like the Japanese 5/31 or maybe even demo? I'd like some opinions.

Possibly. I'd love to hear Apollo's voice and Blackquill's "Silence!" and see a few English screenshots of Edgey.
:edgy: Edgeworth: I am honored to be in Wright's next game.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I think we're going to get a mention in a Nintendo Direct, and that's it. I can't imagine they would adapt the Japanese "cinematic" trailer to the US at this point, even thought it would be awesome.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

"Silence"? Is it confirmed to be this way?...

No, "Silence" is a placeholder until we get the actual voice clip. I want to hear more voice acting so I can determine if the English dub sounds corny or not. :nick-sweat:

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

For what I know it could even be something entirely different than "Silence" or "Shut It". If i wanted the translation to be a complete cut-and-dry replica of the japanese writing I'd learn japanese and play the japanese version. Whatever it's gonna be, it's gonna stick after you're through the game. I think the best thing about the overseas releases of the Ace Attorney games has always been the freedom in the localisation. There was a lot of creative writing from the localisation team in all of the 4 first games, though unfortunately it felt very half-assed in AAI. I'm hoping, and it seems, like they're back with the talent in Dual Destinies judging by the screenshots.

But more on-topic I don't even think we're gonna see more trailers. Capcom doesn't wanna waste money to get more western fans apparently, or maybe it's because the japanese 5/31 direct trailer is very japanese in the way it's done, and usually it turns a lot of people off. The part of the trailer with the thought-stream where Phoenix and Apollo say empty platitudes with gameplay running in windows in the background just seems weird to some people. I think if capcom is gonna do more advertising, they might as well cook up their own trailer.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Well, I just visited the e-Shop after being told on another thread that info was there. Here is the transcribed description of the game.

Spoiler:
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney-Dual Destinies see the return of courtoom hero Phoenix Wright. The much loved gameplay and features from previous titles in the Ace Attorney series are back but for the first time in stunning 3D graphics, bringing the courtroom and characters to life and putting players directly in the heart of the action.

More courtroom drama as Apollo Justice and new Associate Attorney and psychoanalysis expert Athena Sykes(again, ITS FRICKIN CYKES! GET IT RIGHT, PEOPLE!) join Phoenix at the Wright Anything Agency.

Psychanalyze witnesses to reveal the truth with the brand new Mood Matrix feature.

Hold it! Present your evidence, challenge the witnesses and experience life as a real Attorney.

Stunning dynamic 3D graphics: bring the characters and courtroom to life and investigate crime scenes from various angles to uncover hidden clues.

Brand new interface and game progression system for fans and newcomers alike.

I'll agree with Linkenski, this is corny, but all the English advertising for Ace Attorney games are, am I right?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Sligneris wrote:
"Silence"? Is it confirmed to be this way?...

I'd bet my whole health bar on the fact that it's "Silence!" Or "Quiet"! Maybe even "Cut it out!"
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Yup. I'm a salmon.

fourtrass wrote:

Hold it! Present your evidence, challenge the witnesses and experience life as a real Attorney.

XD That... That is just... amazing.
I didn't know that real Attorneys dealt with spirits, hawks, and whip toting prosecutors on a daily basis.
Not to mention those crafty step-ladders.

IronicSalmon wrote:
fourtrass wrote:

I didn't know that real Attorneys dealt with spirits, hawks, and whip toting prosecutors on a daily basis.

What do you know? You're just a salmon.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I hope we get a demo soon. Plus, I added the game to my 3DS wish list. Did any of you 3DS owners do so yet? :phoenix:

Dual Destinies isn't being featured on the european e-shop yet, so it is quite impossible for some of us to do that.

IronicSalmon wrote:
fourtrass wrote:

I did think that quote was a little funny. It almost sounds like something out of the description for a casual/non-gamer game.

aplab23207 wrote:
I hope we get a demo soon. Plus, I added the game to my 3DS wish list. Did any of you 3DS owners do so yet? :phoenix:

I did! I did! :will:

I wonder if there will even be a demo. If there is one, I would imagine it will be released the same day as the real game.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

ADA McCoy wrote:
IronicSalmon wrote:
fourtrass wrote:

I did think that quote was a little funny. It almost sounds like something out of the description for a casual/non-gamer game.

aplab23207 wrote:

I did! I did! :will:

I wonder if there will even be a demo. If there is one, I would imagine it will be released the same day as the real game.

Impossible. Who would do that? The Japanese version demo came before the official release, right? So we'll probably get it by the October Nintendo Direct.

aplab23207 wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

Impossible. Who would do that? The Japanese version demo came before the official release, right? So we'll probably get it by the October Nintendo Direct.

Yes they got one before, but over there Dual Destinies is a big retail game with a huge following. Over here it's a digital download title. I don't ever remember a digital-exclusive title getting a pre-release demo, and I can't imagine it would drum up much interest before the game actually hits the store, so I really don't think there will be one before release. In Japan, the point of the demo was to drum up interest in DD, but here the more likely point will be to serve as a way for new fans to get to try out this new game they've just stumbled upon on the eShop.

What about Denpamen 2? I think it got a demo out 2 weeks prior to its release on the eShop.

linkenski wrote:
What about Denpamen 2? I think it got a demo out 2 weeks prior to its release on the eShop.

I've never heard of that game before so it's possible, I guess.

Ultimate Survivor

ADA McCoy wrote:
I think we're going to get a mention in a Nintendo Direct, and that's it. I can't imagine they would adapt the Japanese "cinematic" trailer to the US at this point, even thought it would be awesome.

I think this is most likely what's going to happen. As much as I'd love more, I'm giddy enough knowing the game is coming out in just a month!
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

Anyhow, I'm hoping this game still gets to release under the Retail Downloads section of the e-Shop since the Download Exclusives section has so much shovelware that I think some have started to skip it whenever they check for new content.

Besides, if Dual Destinies exceed sales expectations we're probably bound to see a retail release too, and then they'd have to switch it around in the e-Shop.

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

Couple of things bothering me: the e-shop listing misspells Athena's name again, and the release date and price are still "TBD".

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

It was probably not meant to appear on the E-Shop already. It happens sometime. I'd give it a week or two and then it might be updated with the correct information, plus we might see a demo. IGN just posted an article about the game, and apparently they already have seen the english anime opening.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/24/ ... -destinies

Ultimate Survivor

linkenski wrote:

Besides, if Dual Destinies exceed sales expectations we're probably bound to see a retail release too, and then they'd have to switch it around in the e-Shop.

Didn't something similar happen with Duck Tales Remastered?
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

aplab23207 wrote:

I don't think any DS owner didn't.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

BonnyMono wrote:
aplab23207 wrote:

I don't think any 3DS owner didn't.

"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Oh and also, Capcom may release a Demo when the game's released (Like how Nintendo added a demo for M&L Dream Team.)
I don't think we need a demo, the full game will be enough. Just 30 days to go!
edit: Sincere apologies about the spontaneous posts, I accidentally clicked "Quote" instead of "Edit".

I don't need a demo personally either, but there's a large potential audience out there who needs to discover these games. That ain't gonna happen to the same extent without a demo :P

emimprov wrote:
linkenski wrote:

Didn't something similar happen with Duck Tales Remastered?

That's why I said it :)

Lol, I suck at managing these forum posts. Sorry for double post -.-

Ha! IGN spelled it Sykes too, if not also again.

fourtrass wrote:
Ha! IGN spelled it Sykes too, if not also again.

Well, even if it's either Sykes or Cykes, the pronunciation is still the same.

Art Person

BonnyMono wrote:
aplab23207 wrote:

I don't think any 3DS owner didn't.

I didn't... :sadshoe:
Australia are always slack with updating the eShop, I bet the only 'advertising' they'll do, is feature it in their 'eShop updates' notifications, on what's now out on the store...

Sai Manor: Ace Attorney

It would be awesome if they localized Blackquill's "damarina!" to "Shut up!"

I don't think they would do that though :(

I would highly prefer "Shut it" ^^ Fitting, not overly vulgar. Perfect. ^^

Sligneris wrote:
I would highly prefer "Shut it" ^^ Fitting, not overly vulgar. Perfect. ^^

His voice sounds gentlemanly, even though I can picture him saying "Shut it", "Silence" sounds the most "fitting" to his voice.
The Japanese voice is supposed to be deep and rude, I guess.

It could even be something worse like, "Quiet!"
I don't think "silence" is the best option because I always pictured Blackquill to be somewhat anti-social in his behaviour, which is why his posh voice from that english trailer surprised me... a lot.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

linkenski wrote:
It could even be something worse like, "Quiet!"
I don't think "silence" is the best option because I always pictured Blackquill to be somewhat anti-social in his behaviour, which is why his posh voice from that english trailer surprised me... a lot.

How about "Cut it out!"?

I'm extremely curious to see how they're going to handle the English dub of the game. I really hope it isn't going to suck, but Capcom usually does hire some good VO actors. It's doubtful, but it'd be nice if they included a dual-audio option. I'm hoping for that to be in PL vs. AA, though.

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
I'm extremely curious to see how they're going to handle the English dub of the game. I really hope it isn't going to suck, but Capcom usually does hire some good VO actors. It's doubtful, but it'd be nice if they included a dual-audio option. I'm hoping for that to be in PL vs. AA, though.

I'd love to be blown away by the voice acting.

Honestly, though, I'm expecting to not be that impressed with it, simply because of the melodramatic nature of AA. It's going to be hard for an actor to find that line in between overacting and playing too quietly. I'm expecting to be impressed with the voices but to be wary of the delivery during the cutscenes.
Spoiler: DLC Case
Also the songs in the DLC case...I don't even want to thing about how those are going to sound.

I will say, though, that while I wasn't impressed with Sam Reigel in Marvel Vs Capcom (hence me being worried about him doing DD) I actually prefer his Objection over Ben Judd's from the original games. And we haven't heard Apollo's official objection but the actor did shout it in an interview and it didn't sound bad at all so from what I've heard so far the voice acting is good.

It would be great for there to be a dual-audio option, although I'd only use it on a replay through of the game. I do know that people have put the cutscenes up online though so I might go back and watch them in Japanese when I finish the game.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

ADA McCoy wrote:
TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:

I'd love to be blown away by the voice acting.

Honestly, though, I'm expecting to not be that impressed with it, simply because of the melodramatic nature of AA. It's going to be hard for an actor to find that line in between overacting and playing too quietly. I'm expecting to be impressed with the voices but to be wary of the delivery during the cutscenes.
Spoiler: DLC Case
Also the songs in the DLC case...I don't even want to thing about how those are going to sound.

I will say, though, that while I wasn't impressed with Sam Reigel in Marvel Vs Capcom (hence me being worried about him doing DD) I actually prefer his Objection over Ben Judd's from the original games. And we haven't heard Apollo's official objection but the actor did shout it in an interview and it didn't sound bad at all so from what I've heard so far the voice acting is good.

It would be great for there to be a dual-audio option, although I'd only use it on a replay through of the game. I do know that people have put the cutscenes up online though so I might go back and watch them in Japanese when I finish the game.

Yeah, Riegel's voice sounds good for the other interjections for me, but I really want to hear Acaba's voice for Apollo. And I'm pretty sure that Athena is Laura Bailey, and I also want Edgeworth to be Liam O'Brien.

So, um... going back to the e-Shop (sorry, I know I'm changing the subject) they have updated the page with the price and release date, but you still have to search Dual Destinies in order to find it.

fourtrass wrote:
So, um... going back to the e-Shop (sorry, I know I'm changing the subject) they have updated the page with the price and release date, but you still have to search Dual Destinies in order to find it.

Nintendo should advertise it on Nintendo direct (Whenever it's being held.) If not, then we're screwed.
Page 1 of 2 [ 63 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)