Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club

Page 12 of 13[ 490 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title

State Alchemist

Pierre wrote:
Gnobo wrote:
This guy doesn't get as much credit that he should get!

Basically, what he does is take different characters from media like comic books, anime, video games, etc, and makes Marvel vs. Capcom-styled themes for each one.

I especially like his Batman theme!

Technically it's not music from any video game, but it's music that would definitely fit in a video game!

Nice recommendation I'm quite fond of some of MVC3's music so I'll check this guy out.

Actually, it's styled more after MVC1 and MVC2, but I think you'll really like his music.

I don't know if this can be considered "good" or "bad," but here's a really weird song from Shenmue II. Can any of you understand what the lyrics are?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZy80khf ... 9&index=18

Mia x Edgey Shipper

Hmm... I don't have any video game OSTs on my iPhone at the moment due to lack of storage, but, I do like to listen to them on my computer/via YouTube.
Other than AA, my favourites are the Dragon Age, Mass Effect and 999/Virtue's Last Reward OSTs.

The Dragon Age and Mass Effect OSTs are really good, especially ME's. I just love to play them while reminiscing about the games. I especially like the Fade theme from DA:O and the Galaxy Map/Normandy SR1 themes from ME as well as An End Once and For All, which I always burst into tears at!

The 999/Virtue's Last Reward OSTs are incredible. Chill and Rigour... *shivers* It's so creeeeepy! >,> 
And Morphogenetic Sorrow always makes me cry when I remember the True Ending to 999

Gettin' Old!

Melody Edgeworth wrote:
Hmm... I don't have any video game OSTs on my iPhone at the moment due to lack of storage, but, I do like to listen to them on my computer/via YouTube.
Other than AA, my favourites are the Dragon Age, Mass Effect and 999/Virtue's Last Reward OSTs.

The Dragon Age and Mass Effect OSTs are really good, especially ME's. I just love to play them while reminiscing about the games. I especially like the Fade theme from DA:O and the Galaxy Map/Normandy SR1 themes from ME as well as An End Once and For All, which I always burst into tears at!

The 999/Virtue's Last Reward OSTs are incredible. Chill and Rigour... *shivers* It's so creeeeepy! >,> 
And Morphogenetic Sorrow always makes me cry when I remember the True Ending to 999

Dragon Age did have some great music.

Though "This is War" seems real out of place in the credits.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Mia x Edgey Shipper

Pierre wrote:
Melody Edgeworth wrote:

Yes, I have to agree. It didn't match the game and the rest of the OST at all in my opinion.
Dragon Age 2's "I'm Not Calling You A Liar" during the credits was a much better fit.

Gettin' Old!

Melody Edgeworth wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Melody Edgeworth wrote:

Yes, I have to agree. It didn't match the game and the rest of the OST at all in my opinion.
Dragon Age 2's "I'm Not Calling You A Liar" during the credits was a much better fit.

Sure but DA2 for me is always tainted by it's massive list of problems XP
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Mia x Edgey Shipper

Pierre wrote:

I can't argue with you there x3
I'm praying that Bioware does a better job of DA3, but I can't say I'm holding my breath after both DA2's lazy production and ME3's original ending.

Gettin' Old!

Melody Edgeworth wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I'm praying that Bioware does a better job of DA3, but I can't say I'm holding my breath after both DA2's lazy production and ME3's original ending.

Yeah plus EA have stated that they won't sell games without multiplayer content. Granted it worked fine for ME3 but I doubt it'll work as well in a medieval setting.

There's things I liked about DA2, but how they brought it about is really poor xP.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Melody Edgeworth wrote:

Yeah, the Zero Escape soundtracks are the best! My favorite track is Digital Root. Quietus is really creepy with its haunting rock, and Recollection is a powerful piece that coveys so much emotion. Of course, the 999 main theme is amazing too! I've also listened to VLR, but since I haven't played the game (due to not owning a 3DS), the soundtrack doesn't mean nearly as much to me. I really like how Shinji Hosoe uses the DS' limited soundchip to his advantage by creating a "dark electronica" soundtrack. His work is probably what got me interested in electronic and ambient music in the first place! I also really like similar atmospheric scores like Blade Runner, and Suda51's Sdatcher!

Mia x Edgey Shipper

Pierre wrote:
Melody Edgeworth wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Yeah plus EA have stated that they won't sell games without multiplayer content. Granted it worked fine for ME3 but I doubt it'll work as well in a medieval setting.

There's things I liked about DA2, but how they brought it about is really poor xP.

I don't really have much to add than I totally agree with you. I guess we'll see soon how things turn out for DA3

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
Yeah, the Zero Escape soundtracks are the best! My favorite track is Digital Root. Quietus is really creepy with its haunting rock, and Recollection is a powerful piece that coveys so much emotion. Of course, the 999 main theme is amazing too! I've also listened to VLR, but since I haven't played the game (due to not owning a 3DS), the soundtrack doesn't mean nearly as much to me. I really like how Shinji Hosoe uses the DS' limited soundchip to his advantage by creating a "dark electronica" soundtrack. His work is probably what got me interested in electronic and ambient music in the first place! I also really like similar atmospheric scores like Blade Runner, and Suda51's Sdatcher!

I agree! The soundtrack was very cleverly composed to help create such a dark and atmospheric setting for 999
In my opinion 999 has the better soundtrack overall. VLR overused quite a few of the original 999 tracks and it's newer tracks didn't have the same impact as 999's. If you ever get a 3DS and the game, I'm sure you'll see for yourself
I'll stop talking now before I say anything that could be a spoiler xD

Quote:
I agree! The soundtrack was very cleverly composed to help create such a dark and atmospheric setting for 999
In my opinion 999 has the better soundtrack overall. VLR overused quite a few of the original 999 tracks and it's newer tracks didn't have the same impact as 999's. If you ever get a 3DS and the game, I'm sure you'll see for yourself
I'll stop talking now before I say anything that could be a spoiler xD

When I get a 3DS, VLR is going to be one of my first purchases. I really enjoy visual novel games, and I think the music is one of the most important aspects since you're mostly reading through static text and graphics for 30+ hours. The music has to be effective, and not too grating in order for it to work well enough with the scene. Luckily, the Zero Escape games have fantastic music to set the right amounts of suspense and atmosphere. I also like other VN soundtracks like Steins;Gate, Time Travelers (one of the most beautiful video game scores, period) and of course Phoenix Wright. :will:

Star General

I'll just list my favourites:

Gyakuten Saiban 3 (aka PW:T&T, also the orchestra album is fantastic)
Final Fantasy IX (the first game that I bought the soundtrack for, £40 well spent)
Super Mario Galaxy
Castlevania II (bad game, good music)
Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku II (great GBA versions of Bruce Faulconer's legendary DBZ soundtrack)
Kirby Super Star
Chrono Trigger
Banjo-Kazooie (get the OST for free at [url]grantkirkhope.bandcamp.com[/url] courtesy of Grant Kirkhope himself)
Kid Icarus: Uprising

Also, I'm really liking Gyakuten Saiban 5's cornered theme. Shame the objection theme is just a remix of the GS3 one.

Has anyone ever listened to the album "Shenmue Orchestra Version?" It contains gorgeous symphonic pieces from the Shenmue series and even uses traditional Chinese instruments like the erhu. It's an absolute must-listen and rivals that of Hollywood's finest scores. Here's a playlist of the entire album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0SmPIy ... 3F50D4E87F

Gettin' Old!

Just bought "True Blue: The Best of Sonic the Hedgehog" album while I was out.

Reminding myself Sonic games have SICK music :garyuu:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:

It depends on what songs your looking at. Sonic CD has the best, IMO.

I'm disappointed that SEGA may never revive the Shenmue series. We get crap Sonic game after crap Sonic game (though the new ones have been fairly decent) but no Shenmue even though there's a ton of demand. It's pretty depressing, really.

Gettin' Old!

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

It depends on what songs your looking at. Sonic CD has the best, IMO.

I'm disappointed that SEGA may never revive the Shenmue series. We get crap Sonic game after crap Sonic game (though the new ones have been fairly decent) but no Shenmue even though there's a ton of demand. It's pretty depressing, really.

Well I dunno man...I like most all Sonic music, from the old bit jingles of the Genesis days to the modern Crush 40 tracks to the cutesy little jingles that accompanied the Sonic Rush games.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Apologize!!!

Personally my best game music would be from Terranigma. I like all songs from it, overworld, underworld, boss theme .... and so on.

A Seeker of Truth

My library has too much video game music in it, to tell you the truth :payne: i can't help it; there is so much great music out there! :phoenix: Anyways, my collection includes music from:

The Ace Attorney Series
The Professor Layton Series
The Persona Series
The Mega Man Zero Series (severely underrated! :sadshoe: So much awesome guitar riffs here :) )
The Infamous Games
The Final Fantasy Series
The World Ends With You
The Kingdom Hearts Series
The Legend of Zelda Series

... AND many others :phoenix: Am I a VGM dork? For better or for worse, yes I am :yogi:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

迷探偵

The Tantei Jinguuji Saburou games have awesome jazzy soundtracks, but they are hardly known because only one game of the (twenty-some year old) series was released outside Japan (as Jake Hunter for the DS). Yume no Owari ni has some of the best tracks of the series (the three Silent Shadow tracks, Emotion).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Apologize!!!

GentlemanGamer wrote:
The Mega Man Zero Series (severely underrated! :sadshoe: So much awesome guitar riffs here :) )

Now I remember that some MMZ musics are always playing in my head.
My favourites are... MMZ1-4 boss music, copy X's confrontation theme, MMZ3 Omega's battle theme(first and last form), MMZ4 area zero theme, and MMZ4 ending. ZX's musics are also good! I like their boss music and final stage music.

Plus, sometimes before going to bed, I visit Youtube and listen to all-___-music collection stuff from pokemon series.(gym leader battle, elite four battle, champion battle, etc.)

earthlings on fire

I'm still amazed by Professor Layton soundtracks every time I play a new game. The opening/menu theme for the newest Layton game was really beautiful! The accordion is one of my favorite instruments and it really works well in the Layton universe and I find there's so much variety between each of the songs despite mostly using the same instruments over and over. The tracks are extremely memorable and suitable for their respective scenes.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Cravat of Doom wrote:
I'm still amazed by Professor Layton soundtracks every time I play a new game. The opening/menu theme for the newest Layton game was really beautiful! The accordion is one of my favorite instruments and it really works well in the Layton universe and I find there's so much variety between each of the songs despite mostly using the same instruments over and over. The tracks are extremely memorable and suitable for their respective scenes.

I actually imported the soundtrack albums for the original trilogy from Japan. I think that they get better with each game, especially with the high quality opening themes and ending vocal songs (only in the Japanese version BTW). I still have to pick up the ones for Last Specter and Eternal Diva, though. Apparently, they never released an official soundtrack for Miracle Mask or Azran Legacy. I do own the one for PLvs.AA though.

Fate Testarossa

I know I've posted about Umineko before... But I feel like I still need to give it more love. Because its soundtrack is seriously amazing.

Here are a few highlights:
Golden Slaughterer
lixAxil
thanks for all people
the executioner
infant queen bee
final answer

I could keep going on... But yeah. It's seriously an amazing soundtrack.

Fate is made by クロス

kwando wrote:
I know I've posted about Umineko before... But I feel like I still need to give it more love. Because its soundtrack is seriously amazing.

Here are a few highlights:
Golden Slaughterer
lixAxil
thanks for all people
the executioner
infant queen bee
final answer

I could keep going on... But yeah. It's seriously an amazing soundtrack.

I've heard good things about Umineko: When They Cry, but I'm still reading through its predecessor Higurashi: When They Cry. The story is amazing of course, but the music is a bit repetitive. Probably because this series originally started as a doujin game. I think they had a much bigger team and budget for Umineko, so it makes sense that the music is better.

zydrate comes in a little glass vial~

well one of the things that draw me to video games are in fact the soundtracks.
my favorite include:

Mother 3: my absolute favorite, basically this is the bar that i set for other video game soundtracks. the perfect blend of nostalgia, goofiness, melancholy and exuberance.

Okami: Beautiful orchestral sounds, basically a combination of epic, atmospheric and relaxing

Super Mario Galaxy: mostly for a few tracks. And they have their very own orchestra :violin:

Chrono Trigger: really epic music that went along with the mood and style of the game incredibly well

Layton/PW soundtracks: Well what can I say? they're two of my favorite games (though the Layton soundtrack is incredibly accordion heavy)

Pokemon R/S/E and D/P/Pl soundtracks: best of the pokemon game soundtracks. Some tracks from gen 1 and 2 stand out but in terms of overall quality, gen 3 and 4 take the cake

aannnnd i'm gonna get shot if i say that the Final Fantasy soundtracks are unbelievably overrated in a thread about video game music (but i'm gonna put that out there anyway :franny: )

I've felt worse.

foguwa wrote:
aannnnd i'm gonna get shot if i say that the Final Fantasy soundtracks are unbelievably overrated in a thread about video game music (but i'm gonna put that out there anyway :franny: )

Overrated? Yes. Bad? Hell no.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

The only videogame OST I remember right now which I REALLY loved is Devil Survivor's. There is nothing better for a guitar solo addict like me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phgSTsVJEfU

I can mention Devil May Cry 3 and The World Ends With You as games with very good soundtracks too.

Gettin' Old!

dangerousoffender wrote:
The only videogame OST I remember right now which I REALLY loved is Devil Survivor's. There is nothing better for a guitar solo addict like me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phgSTsVJEfU

I can mention Devil May Cry 3 and The World Ends With You as games with very good soundtracks too.

Like guitars?

You might love some of these Xenoblade Chronicles tracks:

Mechanical Rhythm

You Will Know Our Names
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Speaking of Xenoblade, the ending theme "Beyond the Sky" is really nice as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iPQP7aDe_Y

It was sung by Sarah Àlainn, who in my opinion has one of the most beautiful voices ever. Her singing of the theme from Time Travelers is simply breathtaking and gorgeous. I really hope that this game gets localized some day, but I'm not sure if it's ever going to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF6wn5RdpP8

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

The Myst series has some of my favorite videogame music:

Enter Tomahna from Myst IV

Theme from Serenia form Myst IV

Atrus' Theme from Riven

Gallery Theme from Uru

Deadwood Ridge from Myst III
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

:)

Pokemon champion themes are so good. I can't decide which one I like the best!

The penguin is MINE

To be honest, my phone probably has just as much VGM as non-VGM in my music library. That being said, though, WOO BOY is there a lot of good VGM out there. Some of my favorites:
-Ace Attorney (Dual Destinies blew me away in terms of its soundtrack)
-Professor Layton
-Namco's Tales series (I can't get enough of Xillia's or Abyss's opening themes)
-BlazBlue
-VVVVVV (chiptune goodness :will:)
-Sonic (with Sonic and the Black Knight having my favorite soundtrack out of the series)
-Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure

Ace Explorer

Well, let's see... I have 14 gigs of music... And at least 80% of it is VGM, ranging from Pokémon to Kingdom Hearts to Mario, and of course Ace Attorney (I'm actually listening to the AJ Cross-Examination theme right now!)
Well? Are we going or what?

Fate Testarossa

Another excellent OST is Bravely Default. It's so... dang catchy. And amaze.

I mean, listen to this. It's just great.

I also quite like Rose Gun's Days OST.

It's got some nice tracks.

Fate is made by クロス

No, there's no place like London...

I bought the To the Moon soundtrack the other day... now there's some beautiful piano-playing and generally awesome soundtrack if I've ever heard some...
I really am ruggedly handsome, aren't I?

High level play

LoopZoop wrote:
I bought the To the Moon soundtrack the other day... now there's some beautiful piano-playing and generally awesome soundtrack if I've ever heard some...

That game mixed with the soundtrack threw my emotions from laughing to crying back and forth for 5 hours straight, sooooo goooooood!

Anyone heard this ace attorney from OC Remix yet? it's good!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyuzSyLA8RI

This streetfighter remix of Ken and Ryu's theme has me pumped for weeks now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sX-FNV9yik

From the same author: Edgeworth vs Wright (with German Einspruchs instead of Objections, but it fits weirdly enough)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Mv0HcYazI

Last one from this guy, a mix of: Gerudo valley, Mute City, Ken's Theme and Vampire Killer mixed into 1 awesome song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60_KXxoIn_w
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

A Seeker of Truth

I've recently played the Super Mario Galaxy games as well as Super Mario 3D World, and I've got to say that these games have KILLER soundtracks. The Galaxy games are orchestrated and have this epic, adventurous feel to them which I love, partricularly the second. And Super Mario 3D World... it's a mix of that plus a bunch of jazz and other awesome live renditions, and it has this lively, bouncy and fun feel to it that makes it hard to get it out of my head. These games and their soundtracks are amongst the best I've ever experienced, and are worth a shot to anyone willing to give em a try :phoenix:

Here are some of my favorite tracks from each game:

Super Mario Galaxy:

Gusty Garden (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcZhJDUFb58)- This track just has this exciting, moving feel to it that is filled with adventure. I dare you to listen to it and not enjoy it :)

Rosalina's Observatory 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbyqMdRS09w)- Light, refined and bouncy, this song never fails to relax me and put a smile on my face.

Fight to the Death at Koopa's Fort (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=outKkYFVzPc)- There are many great Bowser stage themes in this soundtrack, but this orchestral remix of the theme from 64 is my favorite, if only for the nostalgia :phoenix:

Super Mario Galaxy 2:

There are many more noteworthy tracks in Galaxy 2 then one in my opinion, but I'll just name a few in order to keep this list brief.

Digga-Leg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XDwaa_GoOA)- A fun boss theme, it made me excited to tackle the enemy ahead and made the experience suitably epic.

Puzzle-Plank Galaxy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oaf2gUhy74o)- This track is so FUN! There's just so much energy to this track; I doubt anyone to listen to it and tell me it is not infectious. Plus, dat violin; it's inclusion alone makes this track full of win.

Wild-Plank Galaxy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNZsUatMVrU)- With a bright airyness and an uplifting melody, this song just feels graceful and fun as it captures the fun of flying.

Super Mario 3D World:

I could not tell you if this or Galaxy 2 has better music, but one way or another, they're both great in their own right :trucy: Anyhoo, as was the case with Galaxy 2, here's just some of the many amazing tracks there are here.

Super Bell Hill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFxzHKx1BYQ)- This is the music to the first level in the game, and with it's infectious and jazzy beat, it worked as a great introduction to the game as it hinted at much more awesomeness yet to come.

Hisstocrat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdXgHUvpAuY)- SO MUCH EPICNESS TO THIS BOSS MUSIC! It has this jazzy excitement to it that made fighting a boss feel more...er... well, exciting and fun, and it's an exiting theme besides.

Highway Showdown (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1jmBdJwZBs)- I feel bad for actually quoting a Youtuber here, but here we go; 'Mario music+metal music= Epic doesn't even begin to describe this combination!' I agree; Bowser boss battles have never felt so hardcore :phoenix:

--

So yeah... that's it :phoenix: And yes, I am a nerd, so sue me :trucy:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

Gettin' Old!

Man I went back and on a random youtube trail ended up listening to a bunch of "Alert!" music from the Metal Gear games.

Some I think are real gems, particularly the NES " ! Red Alert" one and the "Single Action" of Metal Gear Ac!d 2. Actually reminding me that...yeah Metal Gear Ac!d games were pretty damn fun.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Chocolateholic of CR

Dhoulmagus
Maybe I'm A Lion
Final Fantasy 8 Complete Soundtrack
Kanto Champion
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Gettin' Old!

Brace yourself, it's pretty wonderful.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 12 of 13 [ 490 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club