Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 4 of 6[ 224 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: Turnabout Reclaimed discussion threadTopic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Adrian in black wrote:
Spoiler: Possible contradiction
Maybe it was because it was late, but I'm a little fuzzy on the system Dr. Crab was using. He said TORNADO would alert him to any changes to the animals, but as far as the orca pool sensors go, without water, the sensors would shut off and he wouldn't know of any danger. This was a big point when Orla had swallowed the sleeping pills and Crab had no idea.

TORNADO was also responsible for letting Dr. Crab know about feedings, which is why he knew Rifle ate and Orla hadn't.

My question is, how did he know Orla hadn't eaten before the murder, or at least during the times the pools were drained? Wasn't that also tied to the sensor system, or am I misremembering something?

Spoiler: Nah it isn't
During the late night cleaning, Orla was moved to the other pool, which also had sensors lining the walls somewhere. In fact, by the time Rimes removed the water, I don't think he was checking on Orla, since Rimes was put in charge of looking out for her.

Quote:
Spoiler: the Wright prosecutor...? Give me a break, the case is an ocean of bad puns
Anyone feel like Blackquill wasn't the best prosecutor for the case?

I'm not doubting his abilities, only the story writers' choice. Was there any real reason for Blackquill to be there? All his talk about respecting the birds was cute, and sure, Bobby was there, but other than that, couldn't there have been someone else to take the case?

I just feel like the case missed a great opportunity for some hot, hot Klavier Gavin action.

>゜)̋)、̋)⋊彡

Quote:
Spoiler:
Why Klavier, you ask?

1) Needs more screen time and/or connection to this new arc, only had a mock trial appearance in 5-3.
2) Lots of musical performances. Perhaps he could have lent a hand in the investigation, or at least been involved in some of the writing for the Shipshape shows?
3) He was the last prosecutor Phoenix faced off against before he lost his attorney's badge. Think of what they could have done here. How fitting would it be if Klavier had been the first prosecutor Phoenix faced after getting back his badge?
4) Also possible cameo by Ema or at least a mention (not just "Trucy's friend" or fingerprint powder that Pearl needed for "forensicking"). Maybe Bobby would have still been the detective, but would talk about her grumpiness or something as a reason she wasn't on the case.

It'd work just fine if it were Klavier and Ema on the case, but Pearl finally got a role that I can appreciate, compared to what little she had to do in the other case. If Ema were there at the scene, secretly helping out, then Pearl wouldn't get to do anything more than just "happen to be there". Besides, my headcanon dictates that Klav was booted off the case before he could even accept it. Edgey wanted Blacky to face against Nick when he got his attorney's badge back, after all.

Edit: Hey, guys, that secret weapon...
Spoiler:
it's called TORPEDO: "TeleObservation Realtime PErtinent Data Organizer".

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

machinimator

Spoiler: Feeding Time
TORNADO works for any animals that have directly-attached sensors (ie, Rifle) but the marine mammals need to be inside a pool with a working sensor. Activities like cleaning the pool, or hauling Orla out of the water to treat sickness, would not take up an enormous amount of time, and would probably have the attention of most people involved.

What's more, I don't think you can easily feed a beached Orca; so, if Dr. Crab were looking over TORNADO for feeding events, he'd probably ignore the possibility that someone fed her while she was beside the pool-bottom partition or something. Alternatively, perhaps there's some sort of metric the sensors can check that would reliably determine how much food they had in them; ie, blood-sugar, or something. As soon as that level spikes back upward, he can take that to mean someone fed Orla.

About Maya/Ema/Klavier appearances; remember that the games tend not to spoil the major events of previous games, AND since this is the first game on the 3DS and the biggest PW release in a long time, I think they're trying to keep it pretty newbie-friendly. Nobody wants to feel like they're left out on some sort of big, intricate plotline.

So did anyone else get the Swashbuckler Spectacular theme stuck in their head? I actually forgot to save during Day 2 investigation, so I ended up hearing DePlume's and Cykes' renditions of it twice.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

Thane wrote:
Involving Apollo and Trucy would mean acknowleding their existence, which might limit the amount of attention we can give Athena in a sexy pirate outfit, and that would be MADNESS!

I call your bluff.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Thane wrote:
Involving Apollo and Trucy would mean acknowleding their existence, which might limit the amount of attention we can give Athena in a sexy pirate outfit, and that would be MADNESS!

I call your bluff.

Sorry, I can't see anything over Athena's perfect figure and surprisingly large breasts. Besides, in DePlume's version Athena had less clothes on, so your argument is invalid! Apollo has to stay in the office and run errands like a good little Butters.

El Psy Congroo

Spoiler:
The cross-examination of Orla felt really forced to me. The question: "How could mr. Rimes manipulate the orca?" would have been enough. It was more of a reference to polly than an actually necesarry cross-examination.

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

626b wrote:
Spoiler:
The cross-examination of Orla felt really forced to me. The question: "How could mr. Rimes manipulate the orca?" would have been enough. It was more of a reference to polly than an actually necesarry cross-examination.

DLC case FTW. They can just put all these useless things in DLC and not worry about messing up the main game.

El Psy Congroo

Tiagofvarela wrote:
626b wrote:
Spoiler:

DLC case FTW. They can just put all these useless things in DLC and not worry about messing up the main game.

Indeed! Logic is not needed, get the orca's ready!

626b wrote:
Spoiler:
I had the exact same issue. It was funny hilarious, but it would've been better if it actually led to some as-of-then unknown piece of information (that obviously wouldn't have been found out during the investigation) instead.

The breakdown was totally worth that, though.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

The cape is self-fluttering

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Edit: Hey, guys, that secret weapon...
Spoiler:
it's called TORPEDO: "TeleObservation Realtime PErtinent Data Organizer".

Haha, my bad. You're right. I finished the case pretty late in the evening, and I must have been stuck on the sharknado reference.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Thane wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Thane wrote:

I call your bluff.

Sorry, I can't see anything over Athena's perfect figure and surprisingly large breasts.

"I-it's not like I like Athena or anything like that! She's so stupid!"

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Sorry, I can't see anything over Athena's perfect figure and surprisingly large breasts.

You forgot the part where I blush furiously.

1000% Knight

Thane wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

:bellboy:
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Steppenfuchs

It had worse setting than the Monstrous Turnabout (youkai>pirates), and Blackquill's prosecuting wasn't as impressive there, but in the end this case was so much more captivating. I guess not revealing a killer in the intro did the thing.

Bad Player wrote:
Thane wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

:bellboy:

:pearl-blush: Ah, the bonds of young love.

The King of All

On what day of the investigation do you hear Athena sing?
Is she a good singer?
The king of all, Sir Duke

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

I'm older than you, so go play with dolls or whatever you young'uns do these days.

Steppenfuchs

Deadpool 9 wrote:
Is she a good singer?

On the second day.
For me
English Sasha > Japanese Sasha
English Athena < Japanese Athena.
She's not a good singer, but she's just a lawyer after all.

Thane wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

I'm older than you, so go play with dolls or whatever you young'uns do these days.

:shoe: Like video games about pirate lawyers? ちょっとほしいですけどw

1000% Knight

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Instead of a lifebar, your defendant is standing on the gangplank. Each time you get a penalty, they have to take another step forward.

And whenever something like a full-bar penalty comes in, the plank is made to fold in, so the defendant drops right overboard. It's beautiful.

...I just pictured a sequel to PLvsAA, "Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney: Dead Man's Chest" Oh, snaaaaaap.

Huldra wrote:
Deadpool 9 wrote:
Is she a good singer?

On the second day.
For me

I thought she was decent.

The cape is self-fluttering

InfamousStepladder wrote:
Huldra wrote:
Deadpool 9 wrote:
Is she a good singer?

On the second day.
For me

I thought she was decent.

She was all right. Carried a tune, but it was nothing special.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

I felt though Athena's singing voice was deeper than her actual voice

The King of All

Bad Player wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Instead of a lifebar, your defendant is standing on the gangplank. Each time you get a penalty, they have to take another step forward.

Orla is really on the plank during trial? :adrian:
The king of all, Sir Duke

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
I felt though Athena's singing voice was deeper than her actual voice
True, but like I said in the thread in Trial Minutes, it's a bit closer to Lee's natural voice.
Deadpool 9 wrote:
Orla is really on the plank during trial? :adrian:
Not really. Although proverbially, you might say she is.:godot:
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

I've felt worse.

Two questions:
1. The Judge's line about "The Great Grief of the Great Thief;" was that in the Japanese version as well?
Spoiler:
At 10:10 AM, Rimes was manipulating Orla at the orca pool.. At the same time, he ran into Pearl in the Staff Corridor. Did I miss something here, or was Rimes in two places at the same time?

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

sumguy28 wrote:
Spoiler:
At 10:10 AM, Rimes was manipulating Orla at the orca pool.. At the same time, he ran into Pearl in the Staff Corridor. Did I miss something here, or was Rimes in two places at the same time?

Spoiler: DLC
Can you prove that Rimes was at the Orca pool? He couldn't access the Orca pool because of the card. He was simply at the Food Prep room with his walkie talkie. (He also manipulated Orla through the walkie talkie to do the lifesaver trick.)

"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

1000% Knight

sumguy28 wrote:
1. The Judge's line about "The Great Grief of the Great Thief;" was that in the Japanese version as well?

When exactly did he say that? :ron:

Bad Player wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
I just noticed something but i could just be reading too into it but
Spoiler: DePlume
the judge mentions one of her books "The Great Grief of the Great Thief" Could that book be referring to Kay and The Yatagarasu

I discussed that in the previous thread

I've felt worse.

Bad Player wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

Trial Day 1, just as DePlume takes the stand.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

My thoughts on the case:

Spoiler:
- WAAAAYYYYY too much Athena once again. This would have been the perfect case to take an 'Athena break' and let someone like Apollo and Trucy investigate with Phoenix instead. After all, this was supposed to be Phoenix's return story, so the lack of Athena wouldn't have affected the other cases. The lack of screen time Apollo go was just embarrassing though.
- Same with Blackquill. As a side case, did Blackquill even need to be there? It would have been far more fitting if Klavier Gavin was the prosecutor for this case. After all, he was the prosecutor during Phoenix's final case, so Phoenix facing Klavier in his first case back would have made a lot of sense.
- Yay! An Ema reference! She apparently still exists!
- Phoenix referencing Sharknado = instant win.
- Pearl actually felt like more than fan service in this case (as opposed to Case 5). We need more of that in Ace Attorney games. Though why does she act like she hasn't aged at all personality-wise?
- I wasn't a fan of Phoenix's reaction to dePlume's "wardrobe malfuction". Making fun of fat people is never cool Capcom.
- Overall, I liked it. I really liked that the fact that everyone had a happy ending and there wasn't a true killer. It was a nice change of pace, and something I wouldn't mind in future cases as well.
-Marlon Rimes > Wocky Kitaki

machinimator

626b wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Not quite. If you just presented a possibility, Blackquill would probably force you to prove it. That would, of course mean bringing up the telecast either way. I think Phoenix was mostly just following the logic of "Hm...the only way to prove there's a way of manipulating the orca is to manipulate the orca. I've got to use the evidence available in some way...and of course I'll need Orla's help."

I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

sumguy28 wrote:
Two questions:
Spoiler:

1. It's there, but I don't remember the full title. It also can be easily mistaken to reference something else, since it's pretty vague.
2. This is a contradiction. Solve it.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler: My solution
Rimes just finished sending the signal when he and Pearl ran into each other. You can do more than one thing in a whole minute, you know.

迷探偵

sumguy28 wrote:
Two questions:

It's 『大怪盗の大解答』 (Daikaitou no daikaitou; the great answer of the great phantom thief) in Japanese. (c.f. Mikumo usually refers to herself and Yatagarasu using a different word, 大泥棒 (oodorobou; great thief).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Joe4evr wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
Spoiler:
Rimes just finished sending the signal when he and Pearl ran into each other. You can do more than one thing in a whole minute, you know.

Spoiler:
But he can't run into someone in a different room and be in the Orca pool, now can he? (I solved the contradiction in my previous post.)

"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

BonnyMono wrote:
Spoiler:
But he can't run into someone in a different room and be in the Orca pool, now can he? (I solved the contradiction in my previous post.)
I know. I never contradicted your explanation, I just filled in the other blank.:phoenix:

Ash wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
Two questions:

It's 『大怪盗の大解答』 (Daikaitou no daikaitou; the great answer of the great phantom thief) in Japanese. (c.f. Mikumo usually refers to herself and Yatagarasu using a different word, 大泥棒 (oodorobou; great thief).

Hence why I took that as a reference to Mask De☆Masque, rather than the Yatagarasu. Thanks for looking it up!

Joe4evr wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
Spoiler:

Thankfully, when it comes to contradictions with time in any of these games, the split-minute is never considered. :P
Spoiler:
Besides, he wasn't manipulating Orla at the pool; he was manipulating Orla from one of the staff rooms. He had a perfect alibi for the crime until it turned out Orla only found the corpse.

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

Finished the case last night.

Spoiler:
I liked the twist of having no big "villain." I kept expecting the game to pull out some sinister behind the scenes character at some point, but that never came.

What bothers me the most is the fact that the court was ready to convict Rimes of murder, though, without any sort of motive being established at all. I guess the implication was that he killed Shipley due to being discovered or something. Until Blackquill presented the fingerprint evidence at the end, though, there hadn't been a scrap of evidence presented that showed Rimes killed Shipley, just that he was responsible for moving the body. An accidental death and a cover up (which it turned out to be) was just as plausible as murder, and yet everyone was ready to throw the book at him.

Outside of that, the case was pretty good. The big twist with two orcas was one I never saw coming, the characters were all well done, and the logic flowed pretty well, although that one part with pointing out that the body falling into the pool wasn't in the camera footage tripped me up for a while (I assumed that the boy just fell in during some part of the footage they didn't show us). Pearl certainly had a much bigger role than before, which was great. The humor was probably the best in the game as well. That sharknado reference and the final testimony from Rimes had me laughing.

...though I'm kinda disappointed that Rimes' breakdown wasn't a crazy rap of some sort.

"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

I've felt worse.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Ash wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
Two questions:

Hence why I took that as a reference to Mask De☆Masque, rather than the Yatagarasu. Thanks for looking it up!

Half-Life 3 confirmed. So possible GK3 teaser?
Also, minor nitpick:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Judge: That young lady... Didn't I meet her once before, a long time ago?
Phoenix: Yes, that's Pearl Fey, my old friend.
Judge: Well, well. Didn't she grow up to be a lovely young lady!
*cue Taka landing on Judge's head*
However, the Judge has never seen Pearl as a child. Whenever Pearl was in the courtroom, she was channeling Mia.

Page 4 of 6 [ 224 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)