Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 9 posts ]

Miles Edgeworth: Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

ive been look for a casemaker for awhile now, and since ive found it, ive been making a test case to see how i can do with programming, scripting, and editing. and after i make the test case, ill be doing a project. the case the project will be making is a "what if" kinda case. where edgeworth becomes a Defence Attorney (instead of a prosecutor). what i need for this project is:

Scriptors (or scripters, whatever)
Spriters
Programmers
Editors

for scripting, one person should be enough, but ive made the limit to 2. i have a general plot set out, but if one of the scripters (or sciptors) has a better one, then we will go with that.

for spriting, all i need are some fan character sprites (ive already made edgeworth defence attorney sprites, ill be making young edgeworth defence attorney sprites soon).

now, for programming, the limit is 3, as they would need to program the investigations, and courtroom segments.

editing is free for anyone. there is no limit. as that would mean more people checking the work and correcting it. so it should be spotless by the time the project is done, which could be 2-5 months (yes, close to half a friggin year).

the casemaker will be PyWright. if you need to talk to me about something in the project, or leave the project, because of school, work, etc. add me on skype, username: Pomenade Death.

if you want to join the project, just reply to this post with what you want to do. also, there will be four cases, 2 with a young edgeworth, and 2 with a present edgeworth. that is all! see ya!
Difficult-looking legal books stand in a formidable row. They mock me. I tried reading one, and it made my head hurt. When I closed it, it slipped out of my hand. Then my foot hurt too. - Phoenix Wright

My fangame: Morgan Wright: Ace Attorney is right here: viewtopic.php?t=30205

Last edited by MrTailsluver on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Re: making a ace attorney case.Topic%20Title

about the young edgeworth defence attorney sprite i was gonna make, it seems the casemaker wont load his sprite, so could anyone make a young edgeworth defence attorney sprite for me to use on Pywright?
Difficult-looking legal books stand in a formidable row. They mock me. I tried reading one, and it made my head hurt. When I closed it, it slipped out of my hand. Then my foot hurt too. - Phoenix Wright

Dracarys!

MrTailsluver wrote:
because i want to see if they say edgeworths father died or not.

Do you have a general plot figured out yet? Because this sentence leads me to assume that you don't really have a plan. What role are you going to be doing in this project?

Ropfa wrote:
MrTailsluver wrote:
because i want to see if they say edgeworths father died or not.

Do you have a general plot figured out yet? Because this sentence leads me to assume that you don't really have a plan. What role are you going to be doing in this project?

i do have a plan, but i havent decided if edgeworth's father died or not in the game's story. if i decide he has, then

Spoiler:
ill have edgeworth quit being a prosecutor after his third encounter with phoenix, if his father didnt, then he continued following his father and became a defence attorney first, instead of a prosecutor. if his father died, then we wont have 2 cases being a young edgeworth. if his father didnt, then we will have 2 cases with a young edgeworth

now, ill be thinking about it. and post what i decide about his father dying or not. the rest is up to whoever wants to do scripting. also, ill be deleting that statement since ill be deciding now.

Ropfa wrote:
What role are you going to be doing in this project?

im the project leader/beta tester. but i will do editing if i have to, because there might be enough people on the editing team that nothing could go past without getting checked by them.

Dracarys!

MrTailsluver wrote:
Ropfa wrote:
What role are you going to be doing in this project?

im the project leader/beta tester. but i will do editing if i have to, because there might be enough people on the editing team that nothing could go past without getting checked by them.

I would strongly recommend taking a more active role in the project, and not just being a manager guy who tells people what to do. At the bare minimum, you should write the script yourself. Otherwise, you will have a very hard time getting this thing started. The fact is, it's kinda hard to convince people to help on these things... especially if this is your first fangame. If you want this to happen, you're going to have to do a lot of the work yourself.

Also...

MrTailsluver wrote:
so it should be spotless by the time the project is done, which could be 2-5 months (yes, close to half a friggin year)

For a four case game, it's going to take a LOT longer than 5 months. You might manage that for one case if you're fast, have a lot of free time, and it's a short case. As a reference, it took me almost a full year to make Turnabout on the Web and a similar amount for The Rogue Turnabout. Cardiovore and Silentbob also have taken similarly long times to make their cases. Don't rush this.

Just sayin'. :yogi:

Ropfa wrote:
For a four case game, it's going to take a LOT longer than 5 months. You might manage that for one case if you're fast, have a lot of free time, and it's a short case. As a reference, it took me almost a full year to make Turnabout on the Web and a similar amount for The Rogue Turnabout. Cardiovore and Silentbob also have taken similarly long times to make their cases. Don't rush this.

ok, i did exaggerate that a bit, though the first case should take around 2 months, because all it is is a "do you know how to play this series? oh, you dont? ok, we'll show you" case, or a tutorial in other words. the rest should take a year at the least.

Ropfa wrote:
I would strongly recommend taking a more active role in the project, and not just being a manager guy who tells people what to do. At the bare minimum, you should write the script yourself. Otherwise, you will have a very hard time getting this thing started. The fact is, it's kinda hard to convince people to help on these things... especially if this is your first fangame. If you want this to happen, you're going to have to do a lot of the work yourself.

i wrote my role in a rush, but right now im working on a test case, "Turnabout Justice" (im doing EVERYTHING for it) and if the project begins before i even finish that case. then i will have to be a project leader/beta tester, if it doesnt start before i finish the case, then yes, i will be a more active role. :apollo:

MrTailsluver wrote:
ive been look for a casemaker for awhile now, and since ive found it, ive been making a test case to see how i can do with programming, scripting, and editing.

Just got done with the first case of the test thing, if you want me to upload it, just ask, it would help me though, because ive seen most of the errors i made, mostly grammar and sh**. :grey:

Should this be locked? i mean i might still make it, but shouldnt this be locked untill i can get to this game?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games