Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 5 of 7[ 259 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: What is the strangest thing about you?Topic%20Title

Quote:
(Don't ask where I thought Yoshi and Donkey Kong's pockets were. I don't really know.)

Well obviously Yoshi keeps the coins in his mouths, hence his cheeks are so puffed up - I guess he's a dinosaur/guinea pig hybrid. And Donkey Kong keeps them in his fists.

C-A

The Real Human Being

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
(Don't ask where I thought Yoshi and Donkey Kong's pockets were. I don't really know.)

Well obviously Yoshi keeps the coins in his mouths, hence his cheeks are so puffed up - I guess he's a dinosaur/guinea pig hybrid. And Donkey Kong keeps them in his fists.

C-A

The Ability To See The Truth.

The weirdest thing about me...

Um. I'm ambidextrous?

Another one... I learned to read at age 3, but was still learning to talk at that time due to the fact that I had too much tissue under my tongue to talk normally. Basically, my tongue was glued to the bottom of my mouth by tissue and I couldn't talk till it got snipped.

I also don't have an accent. At all.

I'm not currently working on sprites/stories/anything at all... Cause grad school.

Kimia wrote:

Um. I'm ambidextrous?

Another one... I learned to read at age 3, but was still learning to talk at that time due to the fact that I had too much tissue under my tongue to talk normally. Basically, my tongue was glued to the bottom of my mouth by tissue and I couldn't talk till it got snipped.

No accent? Where are you from?

The Ability To See The Truth.

builderkid107 wrote:
Kimia wrote:

Um. I'm ambidextrous?

No accent? Where are you from?

Tennessee. The reason for not having an accent is because of having to deal with speech therapy for the first decade of my life. I used to mimic the therapist's voice to get out early.

I'm not currently working on sprites/stories/anything at all... Cause grad school.

i have a obsession with bitting my lips till they bleed either for no reason or if im stressed.

Kimia wrote:

Eh that's nice. I think most accents sound irritating :ron:

dangerousoffender wrote:
Kimia wrote:

Eh, similar... I like the Kansai Accent, although there is also heavily depends on the voice. A higher voice using kansai accent bothers me, but a nice, deeper voice sounds great with that accent. But I also dislike the british accent...

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

I can't really tell the difference between different types of Japanese accents; they all sound the same to me. Is that racist?
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Gettin' Old!

dimentiorules wrote:
I can't really tell the difference between different types of Japanese accents; they all sound the same to me. Is that racist?

Haha I think you worry too much. I'd say that's largely the case for a lot of places, it's just a cultural thing more than racism. Probably isn't just Japan, I doubt I could very well tell the difference between French accents.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

CatMuto wrote:
dangerousoffender wrote:
Kimia wrote:

Eh, similar... I like the Kansai Accent, although there is also heavily depends on the voice. A higher voice using kansai accent bothers me, but a nice, deeper voice sounds great with that accent. But I also dislike the british accent...

C-A

I don't know anything about the Japanese language, let alone its dialects :alitahands:
But I don't care for the british accent too, especially when someone is trying to imitate it to sound "sophisticated"...
I refuse to not pronounce the 'r's after a vowel! I refuse to say "Pet-uh" and "Sist-uh" when I can say PeteR and sisteR!

Let it go and move it move it

dangerousoffender wrote:

I don't know anything about the Japanese language, let alone its dialects :alitahands:
But I don't care for the british accent too, especially when someone is trying to imitate it to sound "sophisticated"...
I refuse to not pronounce the 'r's after a vowel! I refuse to say "Pet-uh" and "Sist-uh" when I can say PeteR and sisteR!

I just spent the last minute or so trying to work out how I say it...

My accent has always been called unusual. It's because I disliked the accent of where I come from, so I tried imitating my Mum's Australian accent. It seems I've ended up with a mixture of the two. Surely it still sounds British though...
Within Temptation

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
i have a obsession with bitting my lips till they bleed either for no reason or if im stressed.

I hate that. I hate it so much. It ruins you. :sadshoe:
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

CatMuto wrote:
But I also dislike the british accent...

dangerousoffender wrote:

I assume by 'British accent' you guys mean 'English accent', and by 'English accent' you mean Received Pronunciation, because... otherwise, I don't know what to tell you.

What you interpret as an 'uh' sound IS a pronunciation of the 'r's. It's just a different one - if you have a more American accent (when speaking English, if you're not a native speaker), the way Americans pronounce a 'tt' in the middle of a word as a 'dd' sounds ridiculous to certain people (eg. 'better' sounds like 'bedder' in a lot of accents).

I agree that people who think putting on accents to sound ~sophisticated are normally tools, but... everyone has an accent! Everyone is bound to sound silly to someone.

With British I mean the accent of English speakers, the ones living north of the German land. It sounds snooty and I can't stand listening to it for long. I say "Tomayto" and you say "Tomahto" so let's DO call the whole thing off cause if we get married, I'd be praying for the end of time to hurry up and arrive.

C-A

PS: If you get both references, congrats.

Ok. Prejudice is bad. I shouldn't judge people by their accents. Peace and love, shalalalalala. I get it now.

dangerousoffender wrote:
Ok. Prejudice is bad. I shouldn't judge people by their accents. Peace and love, shalalalalala. I get it now.

We shouldn't, but people are still prejudiced and racist.
No helping it.

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

CatMuto wrote:
With British I mean the accent of English speakers, the ones living north of the German land. It sounds snooty and I can't stand listening to it for long. I say "Tomayto" and you say "Tomahto" so let's DO call the whole thing off cause if we get married, I'd be praying for the end of time to hurry up and arrive.

C-A

PS: If you get both references, congrats.

I get both references! The first one is a reference to a song that I don't know the artist of, and the second reference is to Meatloaf's "Paradise by The Dashboard Light" which is one of my favorite songs.

Another weird thing about me is, despite being Canadian, I don't like Hockey, Maple Syrup, or Beer. I do love Canadian bacon, though. I also can't tell what the difference between Canadian and American accents are. No one I know has the stereotypical Canadian accent you see in shows....
My Twitter Account

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
dangerousoffender wrote:

We shouldn't, but people are still prejudiced and racist.
No helping it.

C-A

No helping it for other people maybe, but if you can control yourself then you are doing all you can and that's enough.

Also totally get your references. Love that meatloaf song....except for the baseball metaphor in the middle of it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I found the baseball metaphor kinda hilarious.
And it's a nice not-love song.

C-A

dangerousoffender wrote:

No, no, that's backwards! It's LOVE AND PEACE.

Hey, I'm not the Opinion Police! I just think it's kinda dumb to judge people for things out of their control.

@CatMuto - Haha, I got your references, too, but I'm not a big Meatloaf fan. I actually prefer the original! (... Though, as far as classic movies go, not my favorite of all time.)

I'm a little touchy about accents, especially since they're so frequently used as an extension of class issues, but... as a native English speaker, I can hardly comment on German accents or how English accents are perceived in your cultural setting! You like toMAYtoes, I like toMAtoes.

@dimentio -
Huh! In your part of Canada, do you actually call it Canadian bacon? I always hear Canadian bacon in America, and back bacon in Canada.

The 'stereotypical Canadian' accent is mostly a Maritimes thing, I think. The standard Canadian accent and standard American accent (esp. in the Pacific North West) are more or less the same.

Coyote wrote:
Hey, I'm not the Opinion Police! I just think it's kinda dumb to judge people for things out of their control.

I understand what you meant. I don't like the English accent, but it doesn't mean anything to me... Most of my favorite bands are British and I'd never be rude to someone because of their accent.
Though you don't need to take me too seriously. I say exaggerated things without noticing.

To stay on topic, um ... I collect objects with bears on them? I have an entire Christmas plate/cup set with polar bears. The plate is actually shaped like one. I have a grandmother's aesthetic sense.

dangerousoffender wrote:
I understand what you meant. I don't like the English accent, but it doesn't mean anything to me... Most of my favorite bands are British and I'd never be rude to someone because of their accent.
Though you don't need to take me too seriously. I say exaggerated things without noticing.

No trouble! You haven't personally offended me; I think different perspectives make for more interesting conversation.

I do notice that I've replied to more than one of your posts in a somewhat argumentative way, though, so I hope you didn't take anything to heart! I promise I haven't been singling you out; you just... seem to have a lot of opinions I disagree with, heh.

Whatever the case: I don't mean to assume, but it looks like you're having a bit of a rough time, and I don't want to make it worse at all. I can be careful to back off on your posts, if you'd like?

Art Person

Umm... I have a high voice for my age, and have been confused to be a girl over the phone twice when dealing with inquiries to companies. It causes a lot of hassle, but I always giggle when they say "And you're female?" :D
I'm like the reverse of Adrian Andrews, and my name is also Adrian! :adrian:

Last edited by SuperAj3 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

You know, a Mario game!

Yes, we do call it Canadian Bacon where I'm from, in New Brunswick. I AM from the maritimes, BTW, and I've never heard anyone with a voice like that.
My Twitter Account

Coyote wrote:
No trouble! You haven't personally offended me; I think different perspectives make for more interesting conversation.

I do notice that I've replied to more than one of your posts in a somewhat argumentative way, though, so I hope you didn't take anything to heart! I promise I haven't been singling you out; you just... seem to have a lot of opinions I disagree with, heh.

Relax, you have been very polite and coherent in your arguments. I'd never take an educated conterargument personally.

Quote:
Whatever the case: I don't mean to assume, but it looks like you're having a bit of a rough time, and I don't want to make it worse at all. I can be careful to back off on your posts, if you'd like?

A rough time? No, I don't think so... Probably it is the effect of my Ulquiorra avatar. I actually like when people disagree with me and your opinion about Phoenix' ideals made me re-think about some of my judgements.

dimentiorules wrote:
Yes, we do call it Canadian Bacon where I'm from, in New Brunswick. I AM from the maritimes, BTW, and I've never heard anyone with a voice like that.

Oh, weird. I've only lived in BC, Alberta, and Manitoba, so I concede! I always thought the 'stereotypical Canadian' was a poor attempt at mimicking a Newfie accent, but you'd know better. The more you know!

... Do you really have bagged milk, or is that another misconception?

Quote:
A rough time? No, I don't think so... Probably it is the effect of my Ulquiorra avatar.

Haha, that's probably part of it! He looks pretty fed up with life.

You mentioned on the random chat that winter made you feel down, and I've got SAD - I'm probably projecting some of that onto you. Anyway, you seem like a chill person, so I'm glad we cleared that up.

(We now return to your regular posting schedule of people saying unusual things about themselves.)

You know, a Mario game!

Yes, we do have bagged milk, though we also have carton milk as well. It just differs from person to person. I personally use carton milk.
My Twitter Account

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

I've developed a habit of mixing ketchup and mayo together :hotti:
Now I am pretty much weird. *clap clap*

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Mary Faraday wrote:

pfft pretty late to that club xD

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
Mary Faraday wrote:

... Damnit, I knew it. :grey:

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Mary Faraday wrote:
Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
Mary Faraday wrote:

... Damnit, I knew it. :grey:

Now if you wanna be weird try mayo on rice...Trust me its worth it :nick-heart:

The cape is self-fluttering

Mayonnaise is the devil. :dahlia:

But I won't judge if you mix it with ketchup... unless you mix it with ketchup and have the nerve to call it 'Thousand Island' dressing like the kids at school used to, way back in the day. Seriously, no. It's just destroyed ketchup mayo mixed with ketchup.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Adrian in black wrote:

But I won't judge if you mix it with ketchup... unless you mix it with ketchup and have the nerve to call it 'Thousand Island' dressing like the kids at school used to, way back in the day. Seriously, no. It's just destroyed ketchup mayo mixed with ketchup.

Its actually called secret sauce :P and how can you not like mayo O_O its the greatest thing ever! especially mixed with ketchup :sparkly-maggey:

The cape is self-fluttering

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:

Its actually called secret sauce :P and how can you not like mayo O_O its the greatest thing ever! especially mixed with ketchup :sparkly-maggey:

I personally find it quite disgusting. Which is odd, because as a child, I was trained to eat it with asparagus (I prefer asparagus by itself now, usually roasted).

But it could be the taste/consistency combo. For many years, I didn't mind Miracle Whip (on sandwiches, not with ketchup). For some reason, the taste was just fine for something that thick.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Adrian in black wrote:
Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:

I personally find it quite disgusting. Which is odd, because as a child, I was trained to eat it with asparagus (I prefer asparagus by itself now, usually roasted).

But it could be the taste/consistency combo. For many years, I didn't mind Miracle Whip (on sandwiches, not with ketchup). For some reason, the taste was just fine for something that thick.

Well I have to admit my girlfriend is always disgusted when I eat things with mayonnaise like covering rice with it,mixing it with ketchup to eat my french fries, or even at times pouring it on my hamburgers. I just love the taste of mayo on almost anything which is why I always say Im exactly like Hijikata from "Gintama" :pearl-blush: I never really liked the taste of miricle whip but I do like the Hellmann's brand.

You know, a Mario game!

I'm attracted more to chubby women than to skinny women. I know it's not healthy to be overweight, but I can't help if I'm turned on by a woman with a bit of meat on her bones!
My Twitter Account

Gettin' Old!

dimentiorules wrote:
I'm attracted more to chubby women than to skinny women. I know it's not healthy to be overweight, but I can't help if I'm turned on by a woman with a bit of meat on her bones!

That's not....strange :/
Made by Chesu+Zombee

dimentiorules wrote:

That's not strange. Also being slightly chubby does not immediately mean overweight. And, while I am not a lesbian, I can say it's nicer to cuddle to up some meat, rather than cuddle up to something that is just skin and bones.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

That's not strange. Also being slightly chubby does not immediately mean overweight. And, while I am not a lesbian, I can say it's nicer to cuddle to up some meat, rather than cuddle up to something that is just skin and bones.

C-A

Likewise, you shouldn't act like it's such a crime to like them so.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 5 of 7 [ 259 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices