Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 1 of 5[ 178 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Sprites (and such), by SKTopic%20Title

Latest Updates wrote:
20/5/16: Young Franziska front (4 + 0 + 0) :viola: :viola: :viola: :viola:
4/5/16: Velvet Valentine usable sprites
2/9/15: GS6 hype Athena Extra release
17/8/15: Some small sprites and stuff and Athena Extended is retired now.

Hello, I'm SK.

I'm a little obsessed with improving, so if there's anything to critique I'm happy to receive (or give, let me know if you're wanting... word of warning, I can get very nitpicky at times).

Sorry, I don't take requests, only commissions.

The Sprites:

Standard use conditions wrote:
- Hotlinking is preferred.
- Using, editing, and redistribution is allowed for non-commercial purposes so long as it is on the permission list.

Getting on the permission list:
- Credit must be present
- Send me a link of where your thing is once it's up (you don't need to ask beforehand) so I can take a look at it and promo you :)
- Linking back isn't required but it is appreciated.

Standard use conditions apply for all sprites in this section, except where specified.
Brackets go (still sprites + startup or animated + miscellaneous).

Public works in progress:
Spoiler: Spriteset: Velvet Valentine -OC- (3/3? + 1/1? + 2/2 & Case Art)
Album: here
Previews:
ImageImage

Entry for C-R's OC Contest 2015 sprite division, won first place. He's fun to sprite and I want to do some co-counsel stuff later XD

Spoiler: Spriteset: AA4-style Apollo Justice Co-Counsel - V2 (3/6 + 0/0 + 0/1)
Preview gifs:
ImageImage

...Almost AA4-style, anyway. Maybe there'll be a v3 in the far future.

Poses are based on flipped (not mirrored) Dual Destinies sprites, and mouth movements referenced off Let's Plays. Sort of, anyway.

Retired/unmaintained:
Spoiler: Spriteset: Young Franziska von Karma (4 + 0 + 0)
Other poses:
ImageImageImage

This was requested by TheDoctor about a year ago, lol. I'd like to get this finished so I can move onto bigger things guilt-free. over two years ago uh yeah...yeah :viola:

Spoiler: Spriteset: Athena Cykes Extra Set (MBr) (7 + 4 + 0)
Previews:
Image Image Image Image

Set commissioned by MBr for their RP blog http://supercykes.tumblr.com/

Spoiler: Spriteset: Athena Cykes Front Extended + Co-Counsel (15 + 1 + 4)
Preview gifs:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

This is a set to extend Rajin's existing Athena Cykes sprites (also included in the album as the original exports by ApolloGrimoire were not correctly aligned). The breakdown is currently (5 + 1) Front and (10 + 0 + 4) Co-Counsel.

These were originally a rush-job for AAO's Bright Age comp. Can't believe I've been doing this for over a year...

Spoiler: Spriteset: "Ranger Justice" (11 + 4 + 2)
Entry for AAO's Bright Age of the Law Spriting Competition, received 2nd place.

Preview gifs:
Image Image Image

This set's conditions are slightly different in that fangames on AAO are exempt from mandatory crediting, because this set has been added to the AAO editor.
Spoiler: Spriteset: Prosecutor Justice (12 + 4 + 3)
Entry for C-R's 2013-2014 Sprite Cup, received 2nd place.

Preview gifs:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Concept wrote:
This is an AU based on one of the Bad Ends from Dual Destinies, where Apollo quits the Wright Anything Agency and doesn't smile again. An obviously false confession where the prosecution did nothing to pursue the truth is not unfamiliar, but when it's in a case that's extremely personal, a lack of answers drives Apollo to disappear.

Five years later, he returns as Prosecutor Justice. He chooses to wear his badge and a tie that resembles his most valuable memento to avoid damaging the real thing; every time he sees his reflection, he's reminded of his failure and his resolution.
"In our legal system, the prosecution holds the power. I'll use it... to close every case the way they should be closed!"

My first sprite set and real entry into Ace Attorney spriting.

Special thanks go to Scent for helping with feedback on just about everything and being awesome. Thanks also go to iKiwed for reminding me about the crossed-arms pose, that ended up replacing something that didn't really work.

I learnt so much from making this set, remake after remake and palette after palette. I'm glad I managed to document it so I can reflect on my progress in the future.

Spoiler: Single sprites
"Hahaha...Athena, you realise ninjas aren't real." (for Kurain-themed comp)

A quick Constance Courte test.

"Neil" A random sprite for this assistant-themed comp. He's an antiquarian that likes collecting pewter spoons and has a generally everywhere fashion sense. He doesn't have a special lawyer sidekick cheating ability(TM) but the judge likes him (they're bald friends) and sometimes he persuades the judge to lighten penalties XD

For the Secret Agent Man comp on AAO. It's just a draw-over so I tried off-setting the laziness by adding at least half an arm. XD

Miscellaneous:
Spoiler: Usable stuff
No need to request permission, credit would be nice (mandatory where specified), show me what you come up with. :)

My sprites are also free to edit as well (unless specified).

A bunch of prosecutor's badges: Image

Blackquill's surcoat (for lx1.ica here) Image Credit mandatory.
(Because I was procrastinating on things, I also added Apollo's head to it and made a progress gif too...)

Spoiler: Old Stuff
Canon:

Dragonslayer Blackquill, saving princesses since 2020. 30 colours, thanks to Rajin for the inspiration. Comes with flavour text.

Once upon a time, Aura Blackquill smiled.

Happy Friday the 13th! 13/12/13
There's not another one until June 2014.

Original:

A hypothetical(wishful thinking) GS6 "first case/last case boss", Reagent Heilbronn. Senior criminalist to Ema (who finally becomes a forensics scientist, more wishful thinking) and pretty much guilty for tampering with the evidence testing process ... because everybody in the games takes forensics to be 100% correct all the time. (32 colours.)
Please ask before using or editing.

Co-counsel base for ApolloGrimoire. Cannot use, but free to edit.

Crossover:
These crossover sprites are drawn in a hybrid of the Ace Attorney style and the original source.

Black★Rock Shooter from Black★Rock Shooter. Didn't get around to adding the flame.

Image Image | Sheet
Cecil Sudo from Wizard Barristers. I didn't end up liking the show.

Fangame things:

No sprites in this section are free to use, edit, or redistribute without first asking for permission.

Spoiler: Commission: Ropfa -- A Super Effective Turnabout (Pokémon crossover, PyWright)
Fangame thread: http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=29686

I was asked to create a set of five animated sprites for a spoiler character. Get the game and play it if you want to see all five animations yourself :)

Here is a teaser.

All non-commercial rights to this set have been given to Ropfa, so please direct any enquiries to him.

Spoiler: Commission: Ropfa -- Conflict of Interest (PyWright)
Fangame thread: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20194

That character's set and a bunch of Perceive graphics.

Spoiler: Collaboration: drvonkitty -- Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney (pre-AJ original series, AAO)

Fangame thread: C-R & AAO | Click to Play

A few of the sprites in this game:
Image Image

Spoiler: Collaboration: drvonkitty -- ??? (post-DD single case, AAO)

Coming soon...

Entry for the Bright Age of the Law Competition at AAO.

Features:
Contains fully-functional Mood Matrix, Mood Matrix - Overload, Perceive and a new game mechanic to perceive, pinpoint and press for the truth: Cross-Examination with Widget 2.0.

...And such:

PSA: For anybody spriting, use high-contrast colours and then recolour them again later. Or use an incredible amount of zoom. If you can, take a break every hour to stare at something in the distance that's not in a screen. I ruined my eyes doing pixel art eight years ago - don't copy my mistakes, please.

Yeah, there used to be stuff here, but it's all old and needed updating. I'll get around to working on the rest of this section eventually.

In the meantime I'll leave the three links that started this section nearly a year ago:

» How To Draw: For Beginners - Check it out to rehash the fundamentals. It's skimmable.
» Tsugumo's Spriting Guide - The theory for emulating full illustrations on a pixel level. Requires prior knowledge of values and shading to fully utilise.
» Adobe CS2 Downloads - with serial numbers, provided by Adobe, which means you can get Photoshop or whatever you want. The only catch is that CS2 is fairly outdated - the only difference is really just that the newer versions are just easier to use and shinier.
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling

Last edited by mercurialSK on Fri May 20, 2016 1:15 pm, edited 59 times in total.
Re: SK's Sprites and suchTopic%20Title

Something seems off about the Pearl one...However, I really FEEL like she actually looks like she got older (could be the kickass hairstyle you chose to utilize).

In justice we trust!

Yeeeah, my technique lacks control, but it's a lot quicker, so that's the tradeoff. I also use pencil/binary to do the lineart and then smooth over the lines later with pen, so you can try that as well. Also... I should... perhaps listen to your advice.... I spend a lot of time squinting at my screen because of spriting, hahaha...

I would say Aura looks the nicest of the three, so a mixed technique might be best? I was thinking of using binary a bit more to help with the shading... Perhaps you could use some darker colours for the lineart on Aura, though. Not on the whole thing, but certain areas... it just sort of feels like the lineart is too light. Also, in some areas the lineart is thicker than should be. But otherwise, damn, that's a really nice sprite.

For Pearl, I notice a lack of shading on her face, and the colours for the details on her face is too light and unsaturated. There are also some lines that are too thick, like that line above her left arm. Also, the line separating her... outer shirt? What is that thing called on the right side is not smooth. And wow her skin is really pale. Did you pick that off her model from DD?

You seem to have a better grasp on hands than I do, hahaha;; I look forward to seeing you produce more! Critiquing my sprites is a-ok for me, so blast off with your comments!

By the way, in your opening paragraph. I think you mean "Learn from my mistakes!" or "Don't copy my mistakes!" XD
Click on Kamila to go to my Sprite Thread!

Apollon Flame

Aura... She looks so... So... Beautiful! You really did an awesome job with her! The shading is spectacular!
A King

in name

alone...

Huddini wrote:
Something seems off about the Pearl one...However, I really FEEL like she actually looks like she got older (could be the kickass hairstyle you chose to utilize).

I suspect it's the fact that the bone structure of her face has been changed, which is why she's aged in canon the way she was. Pearl's main problem is that she was introduced far too young, and Animation Anatomy Ageing doesn't work so well pre-puberty -> post-puberty compared to post -> pre, for accurate bone structure if that makes sense?
The hairstyle is the same as her official one, just altered slightly to frame her face better. Truthfully it's not my favourite of her concept hairstyles, I think she needs longer hair to help express her maturity. (Then again, her sprite set has the same actions and expressions, so maybe she didn't mature at all.)

Thanks for the feedback!

Scent wrote:
Aura... She looks so... So... Beautiful! You really did an awesome job with her! The shading is spectacular!

Thank you! I do wonder how Aura's coat works and where her internal organs have gone to, though.

Spartan-142 wrote:
Yeeeah, my technique lacks control, but it's a lot quicker, so that's the tradeoff. I also use pencil/binary to do the lineart and then smooth over the lines later with pen, so you can try that as well.

Thank you for the feedback (snipped)! That is what I do for the lineart, yeah - pen is far too soft for my liking when it comes to inking. It's also unfortunately part of the reason for the thicker lines, because I line in pencil and soften it with pen - the other reason is because both Pearl and Aura suffered during colour restriction when exporting. What I plan to do in the future is to go back and fix everything manually.

You're absolutely correct about Pearl. Thanks for pointing those things out, I didn't notice the colours were washed (yeah, I took them from her DD art, haha, but I was honestly more interested in trying out your method when I was drawing her). Perhaps I'll fix that all later.

In regards to Aura's darker lineart however, I don't think it's any lighter than PW/AJ sprites, but I'm only going by eye for this and will have to check the values again later. I noticed your Clay sprites have a black outline, which is the DD style, but I'm choosing to emulate the older games for her.

Since you're cool with critique, I'll drop by your thread later with some of my thoughts. And about your hands... I'm not sure, and definitely don't call myself an expert, but I suspect you just need to revise construction some more. Study the bone structure, joints and range of movement (including the wrist), and then grind from life. I'll try to track down some good guides -- the best (that work for me) are those with sketched muscle structure and preferably in different colours.

edit: Try http://www.pinterest.com/characterdesig ... omy-hands/ , there's bound to be one that helps you.

Spartan-142 wrote:
By the way, in your opening paragraph. I think you mean "Learn from my mistakes!" or "Don't copy my mistakes!" XD

...Whoops. Haha. That's been fixed, thanks. :)

And yes, you should stop squinting. Or use different colours. Just zoom in. That's what zoom is for.

In justice we trust!

Yeah, I don't really check my colours when I draw my sprites so they probably use wayyy too many colours than an actual sprite has. The dark lineart for Clay wasn't supposed to be so much DD style as it was just supposed to be an outline for his hair, but I should work on that;;

Also, thanks for the references! I'll be sure to use them :3 I certainly haven't studied hands as much as I should OTL;;
Re: Sprites (and such), by SKTopic%20Title

Spartan-142 wrote:
Yeah, I don't really check my colours when I draw my sprites so they probably use wayyy too many colours than an actual sprite has.

That... is very true. iirc, one of your Clay sprites has 247 colours, which is about ten times what an ordinary sprite would have, and I'm pretty sure both sprites have different colour maps though I'll have to check again for that one.

I actually scrolled up so I could take a look before realising that the notification was for my thread and not yours. Drat, our names are too similar. (Hopefully not any more, because I've changed the title of this one.)

Spartan-142 wrote:
Also, thanks for the references! I'll be sure to use them :3 I certainly haven't studied hands as much as I should OTL;;

No problem. Just keep in mind that drawing from life is much more effective than drawing from someone else who's drawn from life because then you don't assimilate any stylisation/mistakes they might have made. I certainly have to keep practising myself.
Re: Sprites (and such), by SKTopic%20Title

In justice we trust!

mercurialSK wrote:
That... is very true. iirc, one of your Clay sprites has 247 colours, which is about ten times what an ordinary sprite would have, and I'm pretty sure both sprites have different colour maps though I'll have to check again for that one.

Holy shit, that many colours???? W elp...;;;; I guess I should try limiting the colours, but I'm not sure how to go about that... besides redoing the sprites entirely .___. I kind of don't want to go there....
Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 12/4, Prosecutor MechaTopic%20Title

I... revamped everything about the first post because it looks like I'm going to be here for a while.

Latest Updates wrote:
This is Sligneris's idea from here; "a mech with a head made out of the prosecutor's badge". Which I felt like spriting because I haven't AAI sprited before.
AAI sprites are weird, they look isometric but can't be sprited on an isometric grid because their perspective is all wrong. (13 colours, click for larger size)

+ links/resources
Colours and shading:
» Pinkfirefly: How To Colour For Beginners
» PSG Art tutorial

Also, I finally got around to getting a proper avatar and signature. Hello world, this is me.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Niiice Aura! :edgey:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Yaaay, prosecutor mecha once again :D

Apollon Flame

Sligneris wrote:

lol I just had some random thoughts about it actually prosecuting:

"All your cases/defendants are belong to us Mr. Wright."

"My case's argumentative shield's power lover is over 9k, Mr. Wright."

xD~
A King

in name

alone...

Power lover... I lol'd xD

Apollon Flame

Sligneris wrote:

This is what he would respond whenever Phoenix is blown down by his argument:
"Your glucose levels are falling, Mr. Wright. I recommend you savor this sweet victory."
A King

in name

alone...

GoingforMiles wrote:

Thank you!

Sligneris wrote:

Heh, I'm glad you're happy about it. Thanks for the idea, sorry for running off with it.

Scent wrote:
Sligneris wrote:

xD~
Scent wrote:
Sligneris wrote:
"Your glucose levels are falling, Mr. Wright. I recommend you savor this sweet victory."

You can't see me right now, but I'm dying. From laughter. Amazing. That's beautiful, do you mind if I quote it in the opening post?

Apollon Flame

mercurialSK wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:

Thank you!

Sligneris wrote:

Heh, I'm glad you're happy about it. Thanks for the idea, sorry for running off with it.

Scent wrote:
Sligneris wrote:

xD~
Scent wrote:
Sligneris wrote:

You can't see me right now, but I'm dying. From laughter. Amazing. That's beautiful, do you mind if I quote it in the opening post?

lol yeah no problem I can come up with more if you want. xD
Let's see, when summoning a witness, he won't ask them to state their name and occupation, he'll just search in his datebasel, state it for them, remind them what they're going to testify and that's that.

"The witness' name is X McBlabla. His/her occupation is worker of Y company. He/she is going to testify about Z matter."
A King

in name

alone...

Ninja Panda

I love your sprite work, especially your OC and Pearl's sprites. They look awesome! :)
Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 12/8, Prosecutor JusticeTopic%20Title

...Is anybody else not receiving email notifications for anything?

TKinhonipei wrote:
I love your sprite work, especially your OC and Pearl's sprites. They look awesome! :)

Thank you very much! Heh, I might redo that Pearl sprite soon, there are several things I want to change.

--
Latest Updates wrote:
- [Miscellaneous] Scent and Sligneris's quotes added.
- [Prosecutor Justice] The first of several Prosecutor Justice sprites. There's concept/backstory in the "Prosecutor Justice" section if you don't mind reading my writing.
Spoiler: This is a cut
"I am Apollo Justice, Prosecutor."

"This is my duty, Mr. Wright."

-[And Such] Notes on colour counts and random thoughts from me.

Apollon Flame

. . .

:beef:

To be COMPLETELY honest with you, I was expecting something generic like Apollo wearing his overcoat from Dual Destinies and a Prosecutor's Badge, but this is pretty impressive and VERY unique. I also love how the air around his character changes just because you brushed his horns down to his forehead (an upside is that his forehead doesn't look that big anymore, ayup). Other than that, I also love the tie. It looks so cool, something I'd actually buy and wear. Those highlights aside: may I have permission to use it as my avatar? :]

By the way, I was going to ask who that person on your avatar is, but now I know. xD
A King

in name

alone...

Your sprites are simply great! :D

Are you working on a fangame, btw?

Apollon Flame

Sligneris wrote:

You'd have to wonder, though, who would Polly use as a mentor for prosecuting? Edgeworth? Or he's more of a lone wolf type?
A King

in name

alone...

I don't know what to say other than the fact that your sprites are very well done! I am especially impressed with your Aura sprite. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff in the future!

Scent wrote:
. . .

:beef:

To be COMPLETELY honest with you, I was expecting something generic like Apollo wearing his overcoat from Dual Destinies and a Prosecutor's Badge, but this is pretty impressive and VERY unique. I also love how the air around his character changes just because you brushed his horns down to his forehead (an upside is that his forehead doesn't look that big anymore, ayup). Other than that, I also love the tie. It looks so cool, something I'd actually buy and wear. Those highlights aside: may I have permission to use it as my avatar? :]

By the way, I was going to ask who that person on your avatar is, but now I know. xD

Thank you so much for all that feedback! Heh, the hair's actually inspired from one of Apollo's DD concept sketches but evolved from there. I think Apollo should stop wearing that coat because it's getting all frayed at the lower hem, and the tie was designed as something Clay could have bought for Apollo (that Apollo never wore because of how badly it clashed with his waistcoat).

Sure, you can go ahead and use it as your avatar. I would be honoured!
(I have no idea about Apollo's mentor though... I would go with lone wolf but with Klavier occasionally dropping by.)

Sligneris wrote:

Thanks! No, I'm not. I would write something for Prosecutor Justice because I've got the AU all worked out but I'm not a very good writer. Or very good at making jokes so anything I do write isn't funny.

InfamousStepladder wrote:
I don't know what to say other than the fact that your sprites are very well done! I am especially impressed with your Aura sprite. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff in the future!

Thank you, and thanks again for the interest! I might do some more Aura sprites after I finish this set of Prosecutor Justice ones. (Nice username, by the way. That stepladder in your icon looks more like a step stool though, it's tiny.)

Apollon Flame

mercurialSK wrote:
the hair's actually inspired from one of Apollo's DD concept sketches but evolved from there.

Mm... No wonder it looked familiar. Love how you actually put to good use some unused concept art. :butzthumbs:

mercurialSK wrote:
and the tie was designed as something Clay could have bought for Apollo (that Apollo never wore because of how badly it clashed with his waistcoat).

Wow, that's actually pretty deep. Heck, I'm not having a hard time picturing Polly wearing it for his job interview with Kristoph! xD

mercurialSK wrote:
(I have no idea about Apollo's mentor though... I would go with lone wolf but with Klavier occasionally dropping by.)

Hmm... You'd have to wonder, though, if he would ever look up to Klavier. xD
They seemed like rivals in GS4 and 5, becoming a prosecutor would be even more extreme, like: "Let's see who can find the truth in the least time, flop!" :basil:
A King

in name

alone...

If anyone can be a mentor to him, it's OC, the way I see it...

Oh, it took me a while to realise it was you, Scent! There's suddenly so much justice where there used to be samurai.

Scent wrote:
mercurialSK wrote:
and the tie was designed as something Clay could have bought for Apollo (that Apollo never wore because of how badly it clashed with his waistcoat).

Wow, that's actually pretty deep. Heck, I'm not having a hard time picturing Polly wearing it for his job interview with Kristoph! xD

Heh, Prosecutor Justice is completely overthought just for a sprite contest. The ideas came with the concept sketches, too bad I can't write them and I don't have the time to dedicate to making a comic. (Or experience making comics, but that can't be too hard to learn.)

Scent wrote:
mercurialSK wrote:

Hmm... You'd have to wonder, though, if he would ever look up to Klavier. xD
They seemed like rivals in GS4 and 5, becoming a prosecutor would be even more extreme, like: "Let's see who can find the truth in the least time, flop!" :basil:

Apollo always looks up to Klavier, except when Klavier's sitting down.
I think it's more Apollo becoming a workaholic and Klavier dropping by whether the guy likes it or not because there's more to life than just running around prosecuting. (Apollo doesn't do anything the old him does such as voice training, since Clay's so close and bad memories are everywhere.) Rivals, yeah, that's nice. Friendly rivalry.

I'm starting to regret leaving this so late but the design was so hard but now there's too much design and too little spriting. I have discovered some more effective methods though, which I'll document more completely later - after I get some sleep, at least.
Spoiler: My most efficient window set up
Description later, when I update the main post. I use Adobe Photoshop CS5.

@Sligneris It's 5AM and I'll think of a reply after I get some sleep.

Apollon Flame

Oh, he still wears the bracelet, nice.
A King

in name

alone...

5 AM? But it's monday tomorrow... No good, if you've got to go to work or school ._.

But sprite? Great as ever. I think my opinions are sort of dull, due to lack of any meaningful feedback and only positive comments.

Beauty and grace.

GOD your Prosecutor Justice sprites are amazing.

Sligneris wrote:
5 AM? But it's monday tomorrow... No good, if you've got to go to work or school ._.

But sprite? Great as ever. I think my opinions are sort of dull, due to lack of any meaningful feedback and only positive comments.

I'm currently have an open window where there is nothing else for me to do. I didn't actually realise it was so late until it started getting light outside...
Nah, I don't think your ideas are dull, you help keep this thread lively. Plus, Prosecutor Mecha was all you.

By the way, Justice needs no mentor. Justice puns are all he needs. :apollo:

Scent wrote:
Oh, he still wears the bracelet, nice.

There can't be magical lawyer superpowers without easily stealable trinkets. His poses don't have much bracelet in them though since I'm trying to show how different he is - while bench poses resemble his AJ sprites but are changed.
Spoiler: Hastily cropped bench
I'm still fiddling with them because I didn't pay enough attention to my keyframes, which means they all turned out poorly.

scarlet-flowers wrote:
GOD your Prosecutor Justice sprites are amazing.

Thank you, and thank you for dropping by!

Apollon Flame

Y'know, looking at your avatar, Prosecutor Justice looks more like a Men in Black rendition of Jacques Portsman from AAI. xD
I like Prosecutor Justice's sprite version better.
A King

in name

alone...

Scent wrote:
Y'know, looking at your avatar, Prosecutor Justice looks more like a Men in Black rendition of Jacques Portsman from AAI. xD
I like Prosecutor Justice's sprite version better.

Does it? I don't really see it. That extremely obvious fringe is in the way.

--
I've done two more Prosecutor Justice sprites but I'll be remaking everything I've got--the sizing's a bit off on all of them. At least I haven't started cleaning the two new ones yet. I also spent about 14 hours working on a cool "Objection!" for his bench sprite only to realise AA animations aren't like that. Redoing too. :payne:
Bugger, I'm never going to finish anything at this rate.

Apollon Flame

mercurialSK wrote:
Does it? I don't really see it. That extremely obvious fringe is in the way.

Hmm... You're right. :v

mercurialSK wrote:
I've done two more Prosecutor Justice sprites but I'll be remaking everything I've got--the sizing's a bit off on all of them. At least I haven't started cleaning the two new ones yet. I also spent about 14 hours working on a cool "Objection!" for his bench sprite only to realise AA animations aren't like that. Redoing too. :payne:
Bugger, I'm never going to finish anything at this rate.

You should save those sprites for comparisons sake, like share with us your "progress" and changes.
A King

in name

alone...

Scent wrote:
You should save those sprites for comparisons sake, like share with us your "progress" and changes.

Okay. I'll upload the unfinished ones later.

--
Happy Friday the 13th! There's not another until June 2014.
Spoiler: DD spoilers

Miscellaneous Updates wrote:
- [Prosecutor Justice] The first of Prosecutor Justice's v2 sprites are up.
Spoiler: This is a cut
Image Image

- [On colour counts] section renamed to [Spriting Observations] and now includes information on bench sprites from SuperAj3's thread here
- My spriting workspace for maximum efficiency added with explanation.

Apollon Flame

Oh God the Athena sprite... :lana: By the way, I hadn't noticed it was Friday the 13th! :basil:

Personally, I prefer the older Prosecutor Justice sprites. The new ones look bigger and polished, but the older ones look more like an Apollo to me, the other one just looks like a beefed up Apollo, as if he went to the gym during those five years! :basil: Also, the one with the shades shining need some working on the shade's shading (lol).
A King

in name

alone...

Scent wrote:
Personally, I prefer the older Prosecutor Justice sprites. The new ones look bigger and polished, but the older ones look more like an Apollo to me, the other one just looks like a beefed up Apollo, as if he went to the gym during those five years! :basil: Also, the one with the shades shining need some working on the shade's shading (lol).

Hmm. You're right. Thanks for the feedback.

The main reason for the remake is because the old one's proportions don't match the official AA style - I draw necks and limbs longer and thinner, and shade a lot more differently. There were changes to his pose and expression during the remake so he looks less cocky since this is his rest sprite. Also the sprite was too far away, implying that Apollo got a growth spurt... at 23... which doesn't happen... poor guy's doomed to be short forever.
I tried to fix all these problems too far so now everything looks weird in the opposite extreme. Damn.

I've tried thinning him a little and reshading. What about now?
Image Image
v2 / v2 edit

(I'll fix the shades soon.)

Scent wrote:
Oh God the Athena sprite... :lana: By the way, I hadn't noticed it was Friday the 13th! :basil:

Hey, she just wants to help! Heh, I like keeping track of these things. :kristoph:

Apollon Flame

mercurialSK wrote:
Scent wrote:

Hmm. You're right. Thanks for the feedback.

The main reason for the remake is because the old one's proportions don't match the official AA style - I draw necks and limbs longer and thinner, and shade a lot more differently. There were changes to his pose and expression during the remake so he looks less cocky since this is his rest sprite. Also the sprite was too far away, implying that Apollo got a growth spurt... at 23... which doesn't happen... poor guy's doomed to be short forever.
I tried to fix all these problems too far so now everything looks weird in the opposite extreme. Damn.

I've tried thinning him a little and reshading. What about now?
Image Image
v2 / v2 edit

(I'll fix the shades soon.)

YYYEEESSS!!! :DDD Purrrfect! Looks better now~ :damon:
A King

in name

alone...
Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - Happy Friday the 13thTopic%20Title

Prosecutor

I like Prosecutor Justice!
I like revenges!
But sorry for the question.
In Dual Destinies We understood what is his base pose (with crossed arms).
Why don't You draw him with crossed arms? Maybe not like a base pose, but maybe like when He is confident or angry.
Sorry for my English.

Apollon Flame

iKiwed wrote:
I like revenges!
Why don't You draw him with crossed arms? Maybe not like a base pose, but maybe like when He is confident or angry.
Sorry for my English.

His crossed-arms pose while smiling back is also a nod to Kristoph Gavin. Other than that, I would also recommend making two sets of animated sprites: one silent and another one talking.

By the way, your Englihs was OK. :phoenix:
A King

in name

alone...

Prosecutor

Scent wrote:
iKiwed wrote:
I like revenges!
Sorry for my English.

His crossed-arms pose while smiling back is also a nod to Kristoph Gavin. Other than that, I would also recommend making two sets of animated sprites: one silent and another one talking.

By the way, your Englihs was OK. :phoenix:

Yes, I know He was linked with Kristoph Gavin. To be honest, I thought his base pose in Dual Destinies was the same of in his first artwork in Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.
Anyway thank You (don't worry, In little time I will do a grammar error. Or maybe two.)
Page 1 of 5 [ 178 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites