Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 29 of 30[ 1173 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is MagicTopic%20Title

Holding the Mega Drive controller!

Okay, a decent quality of "Equestria Girls" has been dumped early, which has distracted me from packing my things for my holiday (thanks ponies :P).

Let's just say the film surprised me. It basically had the things the episodes have, but in an 1 hour length movie (why does spell checker say this word is spelt wrong <_<).

Don't get me wrong, it's not the best film, but compared to "The Spongebob Square Movie", "Totally Spies: The Movie" and "Pokémon: The First Movie", it wipes the floor clean with them (did I just say that with a 'girls' film 0_0).

I might actually go and import the DVD of it.

For my quick opinion, check below:
Spoiler:
I was a bit disappointed with the reason that Twilight's friend could not go into the human world, but I did find it clever how she had to get her human-counter part friends to become friends again. Also, it took a while to introduce human Rainbow Dash to the show. In fact, I felt her screen time was small compared to the rest of the mane cast.

Like the episodes, the film was funny, and by funny, made me laugh. Twilight getting use to her human body was surprising funny. Seeing the Cutie Mark Crusaders use YouTube was amusing, reading the comments (so true, damn you trolls).

Spotting the other ponies was interesting. Some obvious, some not. There was DJ Pon3, Photo Finish, Great & Powerful Trixie (her cameo was great, but I felt they could have done something better, like show off her magic), Mr. & Mrs. Cake, and the list goes on.

I personally felt that Sunset Shimmer (aka the villain) was a bit bland. The moments in the film, just felt forgettable (minus the ending, but I'll get to that). What I'm trying to say is, she didn't feel interesting as a villain, compared to Discord & Queen Chrysalis. Snips & Snails as her assistants (I can't think of the correct word) was a brilliant idea and made up for the bland villain.

To be honest, I wish "The Great & Powerful Trixie" was the main villain. Her personality would have been so much better and the reason for taking the crown would have made more sense (I'ms ure she would have been jealous of her becoming a princess). Oh well, her cameo will have to do.

As for the songs, what can I say. Unlike the bloody "The Spongebob Square Movie" where the songs were IRRITATING and HAD NO PURPOSE, like the MLP:FiM episodes, they were written well and fitted in with the storyline (aka Disney style). Other background music was good as well. Andrew Williams and Daniel Ingram deserve cookies.

I'm still not a big fan of the human designs and their cloths seem a bit... 80s? Thinking about it, they did have to keep to the design of the ponies, but did the designs have to be so similar (long boots, skirts etc)?

As for that ending, while sort of predictable, was EPIC! I would have never thought a pony (well a pony that became a human) would turn into a demon of all things would make an appearance in a My Little Pony film, so awesome. 20% cooler! She should have done more damage to the buildings.

Dracarys!

RadioShadow wrote:
For my quick opinion, check below:
Spoiler:
To be honest, I wish "The Great & Powerful Trixie" was the main villain. Her personality would have been so much better and the reason for taking the crown would have made more sense (I'ms ure she would have been jealous of her becoming a princess). Oh well, her cameo will have to do.

Spoiler:
She was already redeemed in season three though, so it wouldn't make much sense to have her suddenly show up as a major antagonist. I agree with you though that SS was kind of bland. She felt too much like a stereotypical high school alpha bitch.

Just made this. I searched Google to see if one had already been made, but didn't see anything (at least not for the shrug pose). You can all feel free to use it as much as you like.

What do you think? Does he maybe need a badge or something?

Last edited by Ropfa on Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by Smithee on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dracarys!

I did think she was a bit weak, but she was much better than the evil unicorn in the season 3 premiere (whose name currently escapes me). At least SS had dialogue and a personality.

Last edited by Smithee on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dracarys!

When I say "a bit weak", I really just mean "weak." Don't read too much into those extra words.

I wouldn't really say the flukey manner in which he lost should be given in his favor, considering that every single major villain so far has gone down extremely quickly. Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis, Sombra, and now Sunset Shimmer have all gone down in basically one hit, via the power of friendship/the power of love. This dude was destined be thoroughly curbstomped into his place simply due to the fact that he was an antagonist in a show about magic ponies whose target audience is young children.

But you know what? I'm perfectly fine with that. I'm not watching this show to see epic battle scenes. I'm watching it for the quirky characters. With the villains here, it's all about the journey to the final showdown with them, rather than the showdown itself. Everybody loves Discord because of how much personality he had. Sombra, on the other hand, was not a quirky character. He was, like you said, a Sauron-esque being with maybe two lines. While this works in Lord of the Rings, it doesn't quite work here, because... well... My Little Pony is just a tad different.

And even though SS WAS just a mashup of NMM and Trixie, my point was that she at least had this going for her. Even a recycled personality is better than a nonexistent one. You might even make the point that she had a teensy bit of character development at the end. (She doesn't have any friends! That means it's OKAY for her to blow up schools and make mind slaves out of everybody!)

Sombra is... uh... evil... and he likes crystals, maybe. Heck, the dragon in Dragonshy had more personality and he got half the screentime of Sombra.

I don't know why I'm defending Sunset Shimmer though. As I said, I didn't even like her that much.

zydrate comes in a little glass vial~

Oh god, Equestria girls affirmed my worst fears.
I was somewhat hyped about it when i heard about about it, i mean the potential!
and then when it happened, it fell flat on its face.
First of all, the humanoid ponies look really weird and anatomically incorrect, especially their faces.
It was also unbelievably cliched, i was cringing pretty much the whole way through. Sunset was absolutely horrible. She might have been interesting as a pony, but she's just a bitch full stop as a human, no redeeming qualities, just your run of the mill high-school bully. Which is unbelievably boring.
The songs are just terrible too. :Pizza2:
It turned a fairly remarkable show into shit. Completely mundane, weekday afternoon tv show shit.

Urgh, MLP:FiM should stay FirMly away from doing humans.

Last edited by Smithee on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

The final installment of Turnabout Storm is up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIwsXWPr8ew

Johnny Rotan wrote:
The final installment of Turnabout Storm is up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIwsXWPr8ew

FINALLY :redd:
It feels like forever since we got the last part

I don't mean to offend anyone, but when you guys praise this television show, are you actually serious?

The Real Human Being

dangerousoffender wrote:
I don't mean to offend anyone, but when you guys praise this television show, are you actually serious?

>are you actually serious?
>serious

Yes, now get out.

dangerousoffender wrote:

Well I like the show because it's got interesting characters and good morals. I mean it's not everyone's cup of tea but yeah, most of us are pretty serious about liking the show.
I also like it on a more personal level as i loved playing with the ponies as a kid and it's nice to see that the franchise live on beyond just being a crappy kiddy show and franchise :phoenix:

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

dangerousoffender wrote:

Yes.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Which MLP and Ace Attorney villains are similar considering their use of love?

Spoiler:

EDIT: Some possible screenshots of Ep. 1 were leaked: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/11/s ... sible.html

They might be fake, but I don't think so. Apparently Entertainment Weekly's trailer will be out tomorrow so we'll see.

Whatever the case: Build up the defenses around your feels, because the first 2 episodes are going to be an all out assault on them.
Why? One of the screenshots:
Spoiler: A real spoiler
Have some depressing music to go with it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4rXbSnk2ng

Last edited by Smithee on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

So what do think of S4 so far? All of the episodes have been pretty good. Last week's was hilarious (FLUTTERSHY... SMASH!).
One thing's for sure: It's been an all out attack on headcannon and fanfiction. We know how the 1st battles with Nightmare Moon and Discord played out, Daring Do is an actual pony, Scootaloo isn't homeless, and other stuff. And needless to say we're gonna' see more destruction of headcannon and fanfiction in the months to come (just sit back and watch the whining and raging :godot: ).

EDIT: OMG. The synopsis for Ep. 11 has been released:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/e ... opsis.html
It's finally happening.
Spoiler: who's appearing in the episode

:edgey: :gant: :will: :basil:

Oh and the best meme to come out of the season so far:

FWEET CLICK FWEET

MY LITTLE PONY ROCK AND TEAM FLUTTRERSHY

yay my favorite is fluttrershy yay

Don't call me Shirley

I just recently learned about the show's huge popularity on the internet (and about the show itself, I might add :eh?: ), and I have to admit I'm a bit puzzled about its success, too. Is it really a random kid show, or does it just deceptively look like one ? I'm not coming to hasty conclusions, mind you, after all at first I hated spongebog and after giving it a chance I realized how clever and funny it was :shoe:

USA Today has posted a clip of the upcoming episode with Pinkie and
Spoiler:

EDIT: There's another MLP/AA crossover under way. It takes place after Turnabout Storm, and now Trixie is a defense attorney. And this time it uses GMOD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... sLzAR9E0dw

Wait til' you see who the judge is. And the prosecutor. XD

Shtak wrote:
I just recently learned about the show's huge popularity on the internet (and about the show itself, I might add :eh?: ), and I have to admit I'm a bit puzzled about its success, too. Is it really a random kid show, or does it just deceptively look like one ? I'm not coming to hasty conclusions, mind you, after all at first I hated spongebog and after giving it a chance I realized how clever and funny it was :shoe:

Don't let the cute colourful ponies fool ya! In a nutshell:
- The English voice actors are excellent
- The plot story lines are written well so anyone can enjoy them
- The flash animation is surprisingly good!
- Contains references that kids won't get
- The cartoon makes me laugh (coming from the guy who dislikes "Spongebob", "Ed, Edd & Eddy" & "Cow and Chicken")
- You actually learn something at the end of the episodes (most of the time)
- Far better than the previous My Little Pony series
- The songs are surprisingly good (think Disney good), are catchy and have a purpose!

But don't let my words let you decide. Go and watch one and see what you think. I would say watch Season 2: Episodes 1-2. If you're a fan of Star Trek, you might recognize a certain voice actor.
- SE201: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgBCnny9XO0
- SE202: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2X6vUB8h3A

Don't call me Shirley

RadioShadow wrote:
Shtak wrote:

Don't let the cute colourful ponies fool ya! In a nutshell:
- The English voice actors are excellent
- The plot story lines are written well so anyone can enjoy them
- The flash animation is surprisingly good!
- Contains references that kids won't get
- The cartoon makes me laugh (coming from the guy who dislikes "Spongebob", "Ed, Edd & Eddy" & "Cow and Chicken")
- You actually learn something at the end of the episodes (most of the time)
- Far better than the previous My Little Pony series
- The songs are surprisingly good (think Disney good), are catchy and have a purpose!

But don't let my words let you decide. Go and watch one and see what you think. I would say watch Season 2: Episodes 1-2. If you're a fan of Star Trek, you might recognize a certain voice actor.
- SE201: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgBCnny9XO0
- SE202: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2X6vUB8h3A

Looks like it's at least worth a try then :shoe: the episodes you posted have been deleted awfully quick though, hope there are a couple others on YT. Thanks for your answer.

Just google "Yay Ponies" and click on the first link. That's all I can say. Just make sure you install:
- http://www.cccp-project.net/
- http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

For a more legal way, iTunes (both USA & Australia) have them. If you have Netflix account and change the DNS to load the USA videos, they have Season 1-3.

Or if you're man enough, order one of the volume sets (have 6 episodes) from amazon.

Don't call me Shirley

Currently looking at a couple episodes. It feels like I'm missing quite a few of the jokes :udgey: I guess I'll start at the beginning.

The final part of Turnabout Spa is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa6py7Ph2-U#t=1109

On another note: I'm starting to dislike the brony fandom more and more. The one thing I was hoping would never become an issue in it is happening: Shipping wars. Not like the ones that happened in this fandom though. In this case many fans seem to feel none of the mane 6 deserve to have any type of pairing... except with their OC's. :meekins: Flash Sentry appeared for a few seconds in the latest episode, and some of the fans went ape shit because of it. All because of him and Twilight in Equestria Girls. By appearing in the show, it makes EqG canon to them, which means their waifu has a chance of being stolen. :lana: Here's an example: http://courageous-of-light.deviantart.c ... -429560195

And that's not it. On top of that rage, there's already more brewing with the release of the synopsis for Ep. 13 "Simple Ways":
Spoiler:
"Hoping to garner the attention of handsome travel writer Trenderhoof, Rarity decides to present him with her ideas for the Ponyville Days Festival, but her plans are dashed when Trenderhoof makes his infatuation with Applejack known. "

So now AJ and Rarity fans are flipping their shit. I will admit it's fun to watch this drama unfold though.

Another reason was the whole thng over the Ask Princess Molestia blog. That was the biggest black eye to the fandom yet.

And in other news, there's this:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/m ... -fund.html

A 13 year old kid tried to commit suicide because he was bullied for being a brony. :zenny: They caught him, but he has severe brain damage. And there's a fundraiser already underway.

Finally Hasbro's website has been hacked. Going there redirects you to a site with a trojan.

Last edited by Smithee on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smithee wrote:
S4's been great so far. Castle Mane-ia (BORING!!!) and Rainbow Falls (SPITFIRE = OOC!!!) have been exceptions, though.

Johnny Rotan wrote:
And in other news, there's this:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/m ... -fund.html

A 13 year old kid tried to commit suicide because he was bullied for being a brony. :zenny: They caught him, but he has severe brain damage. And there's a fundraiser already underway.

My reaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm9teEV1wEc

Does said fundraiser have a website?

Here's a Facebook post by Red Talent Management (handles some of the VA's for MLP) that has links:

Quote:
At this time, RED Talent Management is focusing our healing energies to 11 year old Michael Morones - a dedicated 'Brony' who attempted to take his life last Thursday. Please take a moment to read the message below and please consider donating to his recovery. Thank you.

Michael Morones is an 11 year old boy from North Carolina that was bullied in school because he is a Brony. On Thursday he attempted to take his life by hanging himself. He has suffered brain damage due to the lack of oxygen and the family is not sure what his state will be should he recover.

Below is a link to his Facebook page

https://m.facebook.com/michael.morones. ... 7641093713

There are also several places that people can donate money to help his recovery:

Money can be donated at any State Employees Credit Union – under the Michael Morones recovery fund
By mailing a chaque payable to The Michael Morones Recovery Fund c/o Team Trivia Inc, 1380 Woodvine Way, Alpharetta Georgia, 30005
Though PayPal – email funds to csuttle3@gmail.com

RED Management is proud to have several My Little Pony cast members on our roster. These include Andrea Libman, Tabitha St.Germain, Peter New, Brenda Crichlow, Sam Vincent, Vincent Tong, Maryke Hendrikse and Michael Daingerfield. Our prayers are with Michael and his family.

EDIT: 3-7-14
The people who created Turnabout Storm want to make it into a game using PWLib: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keGfIJwwy4M
They're looking for help.

Someone found a theme song for Maud Pie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOP2rnHpToM

Well season 4 is over. We now have to wait until next year for S5. :sadshoe:

At least it ended with a bang. literally. By bringing back Tirek they've connected the original G1 MLP cartoon with G4.

If the S4 finale will be remembered for anything; it will be for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH5oPZ1Bk7g

:adrian: :gant:

I think it's time we see a game or animation using ponified AA characters:

http://odekar.deviantart.com/art/Franzi ... -462823091

Johnny Rotan wrote:

At least it ended with a bang. literally. By bringing back Tirek they've connected the original G1 MLP cartoon with G4.

I've never watched the old MLP, so I don't really get why people where hyped about Tirek? He was pretty badass however.

We got "Equestria Girls 2" this September to look forward to. Not sure if this is getting a a cinema release, not that it will get showed in the UK. Well the last did, on one weekend, in selected cinema's, when I was on holiday. :edgeworth:

RadioShadow wrote:
Johnny Rotan wrote:

I've never watched the old MLP, so I don't really get why people where hyped about Tirek? He was pretty badass however.

We got "Equestria Girls 2" this September to look forward to. Not sure if this is getting a a cinema release, not that it will get showed in the UK. Well the last did, on one weekend, in selected cinema's, when I was on holiday. :edgeworth:

I just saw something on Equestria Daily about it getting a cinema release:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/07/u ... d-for.html

This is by far the cutest pony versions of these two yet:
http://howlsinthedistance.deviantart.co ... -398852244

Another AA/MLP crossover is on the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luAUyKAwB_A

Looks like Edgey is involved this time. :gant:

Not much longer until Season 5.

I LOVE MLP!!! I got into it kinda late, as I started watching it around late 2011 when I was in my first year of college. But I never thought I'd be into a show like My Little Pony. I'm a girl but I never liked some of the girl shows on TV. I was more into stuff like Pokemon or Digimon or Drake and Josh or iCarly. But people kept saying it was a good show, so I thought "why not?" and decided to check it out. I saw "Suited for Success" and "Feeling Pinkie Keen," but wasn't hooked. "Sonic Rainboom" got me hooked for real, and ever since then, I've been a proud MLP fan! I can't wait for season five! :will:

Smithee wrote:
Not much longer until S5.

April 4th isn't very far off.

The season opener is already looking good.

Spoiler: The new face of evil
Starlight Glimmer.

Last edited by Smithee on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ep. 100 was awesome. So much pandering to the fans. :godot:
Seriously many people were pissed about it. After 99 eps. I think they're entitled to splurge on one.

Some of the best scenes was Gummy thinking to himself, Twilicane, Vinyl and Octavia's music session and literally jumping a shark with the "wub cart", Luna and Celestia bickering, Berry Punch carrying a barrel of cider or punch... Just too much to list.

And have another piece of ponified :pearl: and :maya: art:

http://v0jelly.deviantart.com/art/Kurai ... -539002782

Edit: Check out this psyche lock animation using ponies (caution: my browser almost froze up due to the size of it):
http://thealjavis.deviantart.com/art/Ps ... -541852054

I think it's a test for an upcoming game.

EDIT: The synopsis for episode 15 has been released:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/08/e ... #idc-cover

Please let there be an Ace Attorney reference. Even just one. :gant:

Season 5 seems to be off to a fresh (re)start after the hiatus.

Last edited by Smithee on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Page 29 of 30 [ 1173 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios