Board index » Hosted » Chicken Kitchen

Page 1 of 1[ 18 posts ]

Ghost Trick Sequel and Anime AdaptationTopic%20Title

Does anyone think that this game warrants a sequel? Do you think that we could ever use Sissel's ghost tricks on the 3DS? :edgy:

On a side note, does anyone think that the story of Ghost Trick would be perfect as an anime? :udgy:
Re: Ghost Trick Sequel and Anime AdaptationTopic%20Title

I think a Ghost Trick 2 is unecessary. The game doesn't have any plotholes, the story is wrapped up perfectly, no, I don't see why and how could they make another game. The only possibility is that they create another set of characters with a totally different story, but I really don't think we need it. Ghost Trick was made to be a one-shot, not a series, I'm almost afraid a sequel would ternish the notoriety of the first game.

As for an anime, I don't really care about it but if it helps gaining more popularity towards the game, then why not ?
Image Image

Yeah, I was sort of thinking the same thing. There should be something, though, to keep the Ghost Trick series alive like an anime or manga. I wouldn't want such a great game to fall into obscurity. :sadshoe: Perhaps sometime down the road we'll see an HD remake with voice acting or something. :phoenix:

I would LOVE to see another Ghost Trick!
Let me explain something first: I know Ghost Trick didn't leave any plotholes open. So what? AA (the first) didn't have any sequel hook either, except for the small mention that Phoenix wasn't going to quit. The plot was rapped up, and wasn't given any extra sidenotes untill the sequels came allong. If AA had ended with just Phoenix Wright; Ace Attorney, none of us would have thought the story was "unresolved".
And there is merit to continue Ghost Trick as a series: there is still so much potential with it! The cause-and-effect, trial-and-error gameplay is unique and intuitive; you never felt like things were too "Game-y". At the same time, there are still so many ways left for people to die! :redd: It'd be a waste to let it go now.
Also, if Ghost Trick 2 is made, there's the added bonus that it'll likely be developed by Takumi again (as he likely hasn't gotten completely sick of it yet as he did with AA :yogi: ), so we could expect a top-notched story once again!

And then there's the Anime question. Personaly, I don't think there's much chance of that, and I wouldn't want it either (though I'd still watch it). Part of Ghost Trick's uniqueness comes from the way it involves it's interactive bits in the story. At the same time, I really can't imagine how the Powers of the Dead would translate into an Anime.
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

Good point. :phoenix: Technically, the whole Ace Attorney series could have ended at the first one. :yuusaku: Even still, I'm not sure how Takumi could continue Ghost Trick. With Ace Attorney you could potentially go on indefinitely. :udgy:

I guess the anime adaption will never happen though. The game is pretty niche as it is. :sadshoe:

The difference is that in AA you are a lawyer, you can always add more cases, if you think about it, the story of AA could be endless, as long as you have ideas, because the context of the series is easier to manipulate. We cannot say the same about Ghost Trick.
Image Image

Believe me, if Takumi wants to continue with Ghost Trick, he'll find a way. It even ended with a complete universal reboot, which I've heard is something story writers dream of when thinking up sequels.

Ghost Trick may seem like a pretty thoroughly worked out package, but there's plenty of room to add some new things, which is really the only thing it needs to be able to continue.
The plotpoints introduced in the game were all worked out, yes; it would've been a pretty crap game if they weren't. But that doesn't mean that everything has been used up. For one, we still don't know much about the Powers of the Dead themselves, nor about Temsik.
It's easy to get trapped by the fact that all the characters in the game had their stories worked out by the end; that's just these characters, and that was even in another reality! (see what I mean with writers dreaming about reboots?)
There's still so much stuff left to explore, if you think to look outside the box.

Oh, and yeah, AA could theoraticly go on forever, but so could Ghost Trick. We're literaly dealing with immortal souls here, after all.
--------------

Hopefully Takumi-san will think of SOME way to continue Ghost Trick. Be that in anime, manga, sequel, prequel, or reboot form. :will: It would be a shame if such a great game fell into obscurity. :sadshoe:

Takumi said in an interview that he'd work on more Ghost Trick if the fans demanded it, and really, I think we should, for reasons I already outlined earlier. You're right about it being a shame to let this thing die or fade away, and we shouldn't let it happen.
I think the main reason fans haven't really voiced their demand for more Ghost Trick is because of the same reasons you displayed: they feel the game is good as it is, and they're afraid that a sequel will somehow deminish the original.
Let me be clear here: It won't. Any sequel, no matter how crap, is not going to re-write the original. It's not going to make the story any worse, because of how nicely contained it is. Even if it's crap, we can just ignore it and enjoy the original for what it is.
It's common when dealing with situations like this, where a great new IP comes out with no clear plans or ideas about it's future, for it's fans to adopt a "We should just be happy with what we got" stance, but I think that's the wrong idea here. We should make it clear to Capcom and Takumi how much we enjoyed Ghost Trick if we want them to do anything new with it.

Personaly, I think Ghost Trick is the future for Takumi's work, more than Ace Attorney. AA is a great series, but after all this time it's starting to age a bit. It's still great, but the constant demand of it's fans for more has boiled it down a bit, leading to stupid fan-service games like AAI. (nothing against AAI, by the way, but... yeah, it was mostly there to give the fans what they wanted. Ema, anyone?)
I think that what its fans are really asking for every time they demand a sequel is not really a return of the characters and stories of the old games, but rather another great combination of story and gameplay that the series provideded when it introduced those. Ghost Trick is still young, and can provide that kind of experience with a greater ease than Ace Attorney can.
We shouldn't be afraid to demand more. In fact, we would be stupid not to. A sequel isn't going to kill Ghost Trick, I'm sure of that.
Letting it go, leaving it at this to slip away into obscurity and fade from memory is what's going to kill it. We can't, and shouldn't, let that happen.
Takumi is going to work on other things at some point, and Capcom is going to give up on Ghost Trick at some point. If we want this to happen, we have to make it clear to Capcom what we think of Ghost Trick fast.
So let it be heard: We want more!
--------------

Well said! :will: As fans of Takumi's games we definitely should let our voices be heard!

1000% Knight

It's not like Ghost Trick left a giant (or any, for that matter) sequel hook at the end, but on the other hand it's not like it's impossible to create a sequel.

If there is a sequel, though, I doubt we'll hear anything about it until AA5 is out (or getting close to its release, at least)

EDIT: Actually, I just thought of a difficulty with a Ghost Trick sequel...
It would be difficult to create a Ghost Trick sequel that doesn't spoil some of the major twists from GT right at the beginning. (The one I specifically have in mind is
Spoiler: GT
that Sissel is a cat
)

...Well, I guess it could be avoided if they switched protagonists, but...
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
It's not like Ghost Trick left a giant (or any, for that matter) sequel hook at the end, but on the other hand it's not like it's impossible to create a sequel.

If there is a sequel, though, I doubt we'll hear anything about it until AA5 is out (or getting close to its release, at least)

EDIT: Actually, I just thought of a difficulty with a Ghost Trick sequel...
It would be difficult to create a Ghost Trick sequel that doesn't spoil some of the major twists from GT right at the beginning. (The one I specifically have in mind is
Spoiler: GT
that Sissel is a cat
)

...Well, I guess it could be avoided if they switched protagonists, but...

I think that Sissel's story is over. A sequel would likely focus on a new protagonist, but perhaps have references and/or returning characters from the original. It would be like Apollo Justice to Phoenix Wright. Or Virtue's Last Reward (which I haven't played due to not owning a 3DS or Vita) to 999. Or Steins;Gate to Chaos;Head. There are many examples of games taking place in the same universe, but with different characters. I don't think that a possible sequel would pose a problem.

As for the anime adaptation, I think that it would be better suited as an OVA rather than a series. Ace Attorney on the other hand would make a fantastic anime series. Why hasn't this happend yet? Everyone thought the live-action movie would fail, but it was a success. An anime of Ace Attorney would have had even better chances.

The man of ice

There are a few loose ends that need tying up. This one could promote another character:

Spoiler:
Detective Jowd has a piece of the Temsik in his knee right? (Unless it was removed) Anyways, he could kill someone while on the job, and they were near him. That victim was a criminal who did MANY bad deeds. When he died, he was within the Temsik radiation, and therefor, have the powers of the dead. He realizes that he has done wrong in his life, so he decides to make up for it by using the powers of the dead. He saves many lives and does a lot of good things. Btw, a way he could find out the powers of the dead is also another character. Who knows, it could be Sissel. (Since he does have the Powers of the Dead) Then maybe, the man realizes there is much more going on in the world than everyone knows. Then he saves people and stuff. Remember this is just a rough idea.

I think it would be cool. :karma:

coolzzzzzz wrote:
There are a few loose ends that need tying up. This one could promote another character:

Spoiler:
Detective Jowd has a piece of the Temsik in his knee right? (Unless it was removed) Anyways, he could kill someone while on the job, and they were near him. That victim was a criminal who did MANY bad deeds. When he died, he was within the Temsik radiation, and therefor, have the powers of the dead. He realizes that he has done wrong in his life, so he decides to make up for it by using the powers of the dead. He saves many lives and does a lot of good things. Btw, a way he could find out the powers of the dead is also another character. Who knows, it could be Sissel. (Since he does have the Powers of the Dead) Then maybe, the man realizes there is much more going on in the world than everyone knows. Then he saves people and stuff. Remember this is just a rough idea.

I think it would be cool. :karma:

Spoiler:
No, the meteorite shard went through Jowd's knee; it's the one that ended up in Sissel. Interesting idea, thogh.

Based on the ending you could still have the same cast and have it based in the future from where the ending leaves off since Sissel at the end says
Spoiler:
"And it looks like.. ill have plenty to watch here for quite a while.."

A Seeker of Truth

If I were in Takumi's shoes and someone asked me about a sequel I would throw my pen to the floor and just tell everyone 'It's no use... it can't be done, so don't ask any more about it.". That said, I'm NOT in Takumi's shoes and very excellent sequels have been made to stories and video games with 'closed' endings such as this, so if it COULD be done, I would want to see it :phoenix: And an anime; though perhaps not as a series, but as a movie? :yuusaku:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

I don't think a sequel should be completely out of the question. Yes, Sissel's story is over, but that doesn't mean there couldn't be another game based on the ghost trick powers. I'd honestly like to see the game go into more detail about the meteorite. Where did it come from? What's with the radiation that caused the powers? Could be a fragment of some sort of powerful alien homeworld? Not to mention that we never really saw what happened to the true villains from the game, so even in the new timeline, they could still be up to something. Plus, I'd like to see what other sort of powers that the creators can come up. Sure, being able to manipulate and switch objects was fun, but I'm sure there are plenty of other tricks that could be done. Also, if the game took place in the same time period and area, that could allow supporting characters such as Inspector Cabanela and Det. Jowd to make appearances (and since Jowd would know about the the meteorite's true powers, he would be a big asset to whoever is trying to study it).

Spoiler:
And who knows, maybe Sissel could even make a small cameo in the beginning of the game to help the new protagonist along? After all, he does retain his ghost powers and his memories of what happened in the old timeline, so he would obviously know all about them.

The legend. The myth. The hedgehog.

Well...

Spoiler:
The Temsik meteor still fell, meaning that the whole subplot with the park as a "silent battlefield" still exists. If someone dies in the park anywhere near where it hit, it will give them the powers of the dead. Now, here's what I would do with this. Someone were to do research on the meteor, only to be killed by someone who was trying to sabotage them. Meteor gets blown up in the process, bam, Ghost tricks. Player gets up (with the power to manipulate bodies) and tries to figure out just what happened. Now, here's where the game mechanics change a little. It takes place in a semi-3D perspective (think the same style as the previous game, but the camera can be spun), and have the ability to move your character. The puzzles now revolve more around gaining access to various areas and people with an added open-world aspect due to a free-moving character. You can do various things to get different endings. The tradition of being able to use others with different powers returns, and different choices get different helpers. This would add re-playability to the game. At some point early on, you would meet Sissel, who would walk the player through the early stages of the game (much like how Ray AKA Missile walked you through the early parts of Phantom Detective. The problem with him appearing could be fixed by simply telling the player what happened, but not going into great detail.
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 

Board index » Hosted » Chicken Kitchen