Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 2 of 5[ 186 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Fighting game fanatics Unite!Topic%20Title

High level play

Just had a 7 win streak with Marvel vs Capcom 3. It has been way too long since I felt that I can properly play this game... I'm genuinely happy that my ranking is starting to climb instead of dropping fast.

Yoshi, which days would be most convenient for you to play UMVC3? I'd like to play you before my Xbox live subscription expires.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Oh how I wished they made Heroes and Heralds an online mode you could play with friends. I just couldn't bring myself to grind for cards I could only use against computers and ugly looking Herald skins that I would never use.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

High level play

Blak The Great wrote:
Oh how I wished they made Heroes and Heralds an online mode you could play with friends. I just couldn't bring myself to grind for cards I could only use against computers and ugly looking Herald skins that I would never use.

Yeah, H&H is fun with friends, but a complete nightmare online. That mode has such ridiculous broken combinations that it leaves you crying in a corner.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Call me James

Sjibbey wrote:
Just had a 7 win streak with Marvel vs Capcom 3. It has been way too long since I felt that I can properly play this game... I'm genuinely happy that my ranking is starting to climb instead of dropping fast.

Yoshi, which days would be most convenient for you to play UMVC3? I'd like to play you before my Xbox live subscription expires.

Tomorrow is fine, since I have my annual leave for work now. That'd be tuesday, since it's still monday here in jolly old England :gymshoe: Not quite sure what time, just let me know what time it is on your end and we can figure out when we can play.

As for myself, I've been stuck at 7th Lord for quite a while. Granted, I've not played for months, but still.

And yeah, H+H is broken as hell. There's that one combo that pretty much makes you invincible, healing red and regular health REALLY fast or some shit. Fought against it a few times on my first attempt at the game mode, no more H+H for me thanks. Eventually you just stop caring if the opponent can just run away for a little while and boom full health again.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

High level play

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:

Tomorrow is fine, since I have my annual leave for work now. That'd be tuesday, since it's still monday here in jolly old England :gymshoe: Not quite sure what time, just let me know what time it is on your end and we can figure out when we can play.

As for myself, I've been stuck at 7th Lord for quite a while. Granted, I've not played for months, but still.

And yeah, H+H is broken as hell. There's that one combo that pretty much makes you invincible, healing red and regular health REALLY fast or some shit. Fought against it a few times on my first attempt at the game mode, no more H+H for me thanks. Eventually you just stop caring if the opponent can just run away for a little while and boom full health again.

Great! I'll go online this afternoon, the timezone difference between England and The Netherlands is 1 hour I believe. Does 2pm (3 for me) suit you? I'll be online around this time.

Also imagine picking hulk with H&H. Ridiculous health with super armored moves :larry:

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
Professor Yoshi wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:

Great! I'll go online this afternoon, the timezone difference between England and The Netherlands is 1 hour I believe. Does 2pm (3 for me) suit you? I'll be online around this time.

Also imagine picking hulk with H&H. Ridiculous health with super armored moves :larry:

Uh I couldn't bear fighting the Hulk, he just bears in with that huge overhand Heavy attack then launches you then drops a meteor on you or air combos you it's just so painful.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Call me James

Sjibbey wrote:
Professor Yoshi wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:

Sounds perfect :butzthumbs: Looking forward to it!

And yeah, that's why I stopped giving a damn about that mode once I'd collected the Ace Attorney/Ghost Trick cards :nick-sweat:

High level play

Man, I got my ass handed to me! Great games dude!

Call me James

Sjibbey wrote:
Man, I got my ass handed to me! Great games dude!

Haha, even now, I still cannot fight Phoenix Wright. I need to learn to respect the objection :oops:

You know your tech, though! :godot: Calling the Maya super to prevent the unblockable setup from my own maya super...

Great games, still gonna have nightmares over how scary your Zero is XD

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Professor Yoshi wrote:

Is he able to do Lightning Loops? I can respect people that have that down.

High level play

Blak The Great wrote:
Professor Yoshi wrote:

Is he able to do Lightning Loops? I can respect people that have that down.

I can't. If I played mayor tournaments I'd practice it, but that high end technique combined with lag is just a nightmare. I haven't given it a serious try though.

Gettin' Old!

:( Terribly sad I can't join you Xboxers.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Call me James

Pierre wrote:

You're really not missing much. Aside from a few guys you know and the odd cool guy online, Mahvel online for Xbox is full of asswipes :ron: Just played a really good set with a random guy online, was having a great time and on the last game, he wins, teabags, then exits and sends troll/hatemail :ron: It's like...I thought he was pretty legit, but then he showed his true colours :gumshoe:

For anyone interested, the message related to him beating my ass (final score was 10-9 in his favour, so I dunno what he must consider 10-0 to him. Probably straight up must have an orgasm or something), and how I'm blocked so don't bother replying.

Xbox, people! :meekins:

High level play

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Pierre wrote:

You're really not missing much. Aside from a few guys you know and the odd cool guy online, Mahvel online for Xbox is full of asswipes :ron: Just played a really good set with a random guy online, was having a great time and on the last game, he wins, teabags, then exits and sends troll/hatemail :ron: It's like...I thought he was pretty legit, but then he showed his true colours :gumshoe:

For anyone interested, the message related to him beating my ass (final score was 10-9 in his favour, so I dunno what he must consider 10-0 to him. Probably straight up must have an orgasm or something), and how I'm blocked so don't bother replying.

Yeah the scumbag factor is high within that game. I mean, when I play against a high or cosmic lord and lose (I'm currently 8th) they T-bag and taunt. I'm like, you must be real proud of yourself to beat someone of a significantly lower rank.

Call me James

Sjibbey wrote:
Professor Yoshi wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Yeah the scumbag factor is high within that game. I mean, when I play against a high or cosmic lord and lose (I'm currently 8th) they T-bag and taunt. I'm like, you must be real proud of yourself to beat someone of a significantly lower rank.

I find it's the guys with the "omgtoptierimsogood" teams that act like that, the ones that have developed an attitude that they cannot be beaten. Or guys that have only just started the game, and it's pretty much baby's first teabag/taunt.

High level play

Just a reminder for people with Xbox gold, you have 1 week left to freely download Streetfighter 4 AE! Although Ultra SF4 recently came out it's still worth a look for free right?

I've been trying to get the hang of Elena in USF4, but her normals are very weird and her combo's are pretty hard to do for low damage. It's funny getting back at a stage where I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing and the opponent has to deal with all the resulting randomness.

Gettin' Old!

Ugh it's a shame you guys are all on Xbox, we should get some Steam Fighting Games going where we can play. KOF is totally my scene anyway.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Ugh it's a shame you guys are all on Xbox, we should get some Steam Fighting Games going where we can play. KOF is totally my scene anyway.

Dude you missed out on the Skullgirls flash sale. And the community didn't want to vote for the Fighting Games deals >:|
I want KOF dammit

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Dude you missed out on the Skullgirls flash sale. And the community didn't want to vote for the Fighting Games deals >:|
I want KOF dammit

Gotta get my Ralf fix, was pretty awesome when he was used in the Evo finals few years back.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I want KOF dammit

Gotta get my Ralf fix, was pretty awesome when he was used in the Evo finals few years back.

Yeah KOF was pretty hype back then. Neither I nor my friend played it, but it looked hype as hell and we both enjoyed the finals a lot.

Gettin' Old!

Oh man it was so awesome that year (2012?) I stayed up till like 3:40am just to see the finale as it got so exciting with the bracket being reset and people pulling things back...sadly the Koreans won (nothing really against Koreans personally I just like an underdog and they seem to dominate a lot of e-sports) but it was an amazing victory and journey there.

Though yeah KOF seems kinda fun, Guilty Gear is better but because of some monster rigging brackets they don't do it at Evo anymore I hear. :sadshoe:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I mostly play Skullgirls, I like the Marvel formula but don't like Marvel, mainly due to the fact that it's more tier based than other games so if you want to remotely have a chance of winning you need to disregard half the cast, also I don't have a console.

I play a bit of 3rd Strike and some doujin fighters from time to time.

Call me James

Welp, pack it up, guys. Marvel's kicked the bucket, finally.

You can play as three of the same character by hacking the game, and it's damn easy to do apparently, as I've run into this several times. Dante with Jam session, Morrigan with two doom assists, and the worst of it all is that you can actually hack the game so you can play as Galactus. With hidden missiles/lariat. What the fuck...

It's over, fellas. Magneto was right from the beginning. The dream is dead.

Gettin' Old!

Professor Yoshi wrote:

You can play as three of the same character by hacking the game, and it's damn easy to do apparently, as I've run into this several times. Dante with Jam session, Morrigan with two doom assists, and the worst of it all is that you can actually hack the game so you can play as Galactus. With hidden missiles/lariat. What the fuck...

How'd they pull this off? Got an article?

Also has anyone seen any of the CEO tournament going on in the buildup to EVO?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:
Professor Yoshi wrote:

How'd they pull this off? Got an article?

Also has anyone seen any of the CEO tournament going on in the buildup to EVO?

Here's how you do it. It's a relative simple glitch, you only need an USB stick and know what to read within the code.

Sad thing is that Galactus has infinites and I believe a one hit kill punch. This makes it even harder to have a fair fight.

Call me James

I think it's a pretty funny glitch/hack, when you're just messing around with your friends or what have you, but when you start taking this shit to ranked (like what I encountered), I think we can all safely say things are going too far.

The only time I didn't think to myself that Mahvel's doomed is when Lythero and Uglywhen had a sextuplet lawyer battle with each other and had some really great fun :object: But then again, using Phoenix Wright is as fair as it gets. When Galactus starts being used (with OP assists, too), I think it's time to call it quits :gumshoe: I used to dissolve my salt by saying at least they're using characters and setups that are in the game, and not actually hacking, like in Dark Souls or something. But I guess Marvel is the new Dark Souls when it come to hacks.

Gardevoir lover

So... Has anyone here ever played Cartoon network Punch time explosion? I got it today. It's not as good as the series it's ripping off but i think it's an okay game.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

High level play

Professor Yoshi wrote:
I think it's a pretty funny glitch/hack, when you're just messing around with your friends or what have you, but when you start taking this shit to ranked (like what I encountered), I think we can all safely say things are going too far.

The only time I didn't think to myself that Mahvel's doomed is when Lythero and Uglywhen had a sextuplet lawyer battle with each other and had some really great fun :object: But then again, using Phoenix Wright is as fair as it gets. When Galactus starts being used (with OP assists, too), I think it's time to call it quits :gumshoe: I used to dissolve my salt by saying at least they're using characters and setups that are in the game, and not actually hacking, like in Dark Souls or something. But I guess Marvel is the new Dark Souls when it come to hacks.

I'm not to familiar with Dark Souls myself but I agree this glitch/hack is game breaking. Where before the worst thing you could encounter online was a cosmic lord or a bad connection, now you have to worry about Galactus or triple Virgils or stuff like that. The worst thing is that this problem sounds not too hard to patch, but Capcom lost the licence to Marvel so no more patches can be made.

*cough*If a patch was made nerf Virgil and buff Phoenix Wright while you're at it *cough*

Probably Marvel will die out after the EVO is done. On that matter, will other people be watching EVO live (stream)?

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
So... Has anyone here ever played Cartoon network Punch time explosion? I got it today. It's not as good as the series it's ripping off but i think it's an okay game.

I never played that game, but let us know what you think about it after you played it for a couple of hours.

Gettin' Old!

I know I'll certainly be trying to watch a great deal of Evo. Maybe not so much MVC but there's other games I like.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:
I know I'll certainly be trying to watch a great deal of Evo. Maybe not so much MVC but there's other games I like.

I'm guessing KOF? That game was pretty darn hype last year.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I'm guessing KOF? That game was pretty darn hype last year.

Yeah man I LOVE KOF but I'm also keeping my eye out for Blazblue stuff.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Call me James

Sjibbey wrote:
Professor Yoshi wrote:

I'm not to familiar with Dark Souls myself but I agree this glitch/hack is game breaking. Where before the worst thing you could encounter online was a cosmic lord or a bad connection, now you have to worry about Galactus or triple Virgils or stuff like that. The worst thing is that this problem sounds not too hard to patch, but Capcom lost the licence to Marvel so no more patches can be made.

*cough*If a patch was made nerf Virgil and buff Phoenix Wright while you're at it *cough*

Probably Marvel will die out after the EVO is done. On that matter, will other people be watching EVO live (stream)?

Dark Souls is the king of hackers/cheaters. Step into any PvP area, and you'll most likely be facing off against a guy using either unlimited health, unlimited stamina, a modded weapon that one shots you, a modded weapon that teleports you a random place and kills you via fall damage or probably all of this :Hoboright:

But yeah, I'm seeing way too much of this hack online. And since I live out in the sticks in good ol' South Yorkshire, I'm not going to tournaments anytime soon. Sorry, Marvel. I love you and all, but there's only so much I can take :maggey:

I'll probably watch Marvel at EVO, then not play Marvel anymore. I mean, shit. I came back after a long hiatus from the game, started to have fun, then this happens. Just makes me wonder why I even did come back. Ultimate's done. Hopefully it won't take as long for the next installment, so we can see if they include Phoenix again, and maybe not make Zero so freaking broken. It's like "Oh, hey. You blocked my mix-up? Have 7 more!"

High level play

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:
Professor Yoshi wrote:

Dark Souls is the king of hackers/cheaters. Step into any PvP area, and you'll most likely be facing off against a guy using either unlimited health, unlimited stamina, a modded weapon that one shots you, a modded weapon that teleports you a random place and kills you via fall damage or probably all of this :Hoboright:

But yeah, I'm seeing way too much of this hack online. And since I live out in the sticks in good ol' South Yorkshire, I'm not going to tournaments anytime soon. Sorry, Marvel. I love you and all, but there's only so much I can take :maggey:

I'll probably watch Marvel at EVO, then not play Marvel anymore. I mean, shit. I came back after a long hiatus from the game, started to have fun, then this happens. Just makes me wonder why I even did come back. Ultimate's done. Hopefully it won't take as long for the next installment, so we can see if they include Phoenix again, and maybe not make Zero so freaking broken. It's like "Oh, hey. You blocked my mix-up? Have 7 more!"

ehhehehe... yeah Zero... :sahwit:

I agree that the lightning loop is ridiculous though. And he has other broken stuff, but I'm not good enough a player to abuse it. If ever want another set first to 10 or something always feel free to PM me though.

Gardevoir lover

So playing more of Cn punch time explosion.
I think it's story mode is better than the subspace emissary, but i think some of it's scenarios are stupid, like Flapjack fighting against Vilgax... I had to raise an eyebrow at that part.
I think it's an okay Clone of smash brothers and you can tell they were really trying with this game but the fact that it's a low budget game ruins it a bit.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Call me James

Sjibbey wrote:

ehhehehe... yeah Zero... :sahwit:

I agree that the lightning loop is ridiculous though. And he has other broken stuff, but I'm not good enough a player to abuse it. If ever want another set first to 10 or something always feel free to PM me though.

Haha, there's nothing wrong with a decent Zero, it's just I'm not a fan of popping in Marvel just so I can get hit by Zero who can confirm off literally anything, then get hit with a mix-up that I can't possibly avoid, then watch the same movie again.

And sure, will do :phoenix: Got some time off later this week, so I'll keep it in mind :gymshoe:

Gettin' Old!

You pro guys will need to enlighten me a bit more again with your lingo.

What's this about Zero's "Lightning Loop"?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Call me James

Pierre wrote:
You pro guys will need to enlighten me a bit more again with your lingo.

What's this about Zero's "Lightning Loop"?

Zero, after activating Sougenmu (his lvl 1 hyper combo that creates a shadowy copy of himself that performs the same move he does, after he does it) can launch anyone in a small knockdown in the corner (e.i. connecting with a Lv. 3 buster shot), then with Sougenmu activated you can rapidly spam a move called Raikousen in small jumps at a 45 degree angle for a corner loop. This is made possible only during Sougenmu as both Zero and his copy can perform Raikousen. So basically, if a guy who's got this down touches you with Zero, drop the controller. You're dead, and you have to wait until he's doing looping you.

I think that's how it works anyway, I can barely remember any of Zero's moves, but this is it, pretty sure.

Call me James

So EVO is very nearly here, and for the first time, Lythero is attending. Or as he puts it, "stumbling into EVO". For those unfamiliar, he's regarded as one of the best Irish Marvel players, with a team of Phoenix Wright/Viewtiful Joe/Dante (which surprisingly kinda looks like Nick/Larry/Edgeworth). Best of luck to him, against the army of Zero/Dante/Derpgil teams and Morrigan/Missiles/Satan teams :meekins:

Also wondering if Uglywhen will make an appearance, since he did actually make top 32 at last year's EVO. Massive respect to him for that. Wolfstreet also put in work with Nick last year, too. So let's go, guys! Show 'em who's boss! :object:

High level play

Professor Yoshi wrote:
So EVO is very nearly here, and for the first time, Lythero is attending. Or as he puts it, "stumbling into EVO". For those unfamiliar, he's regarded as one of the best Irish Marvel players, with a team of Phoenix Wright/Viewtiful Joe/Dante (which surprisingly kinda looks like Nick/Larry/Edgeworth). Best of luck to him, against the army of Zero/Dante/Derpgil teams and Morrigan/Missiles/Satan teams :meekins:

Also wondering if Uglywhen will make an appearance, since he did actually make top 32 at last year's EVO. Massive respect to him for that. Wolfstreet also put in work with Nick last year, too. So let's go, guys! Show 'em who's boss! :object:

Yeah, Viewtiful Joe totally has the same vibe as the Butz! I'll be watching for sure and I hope Lythero at least makes it to the stream.

Gettin' Old!

Professor Yoshi wrote:

Oh man that'd be amazing if he did he made such a great tutorial video for Nick as well. Really high class stuff!
Can't wait for EVO.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 2 of 5 [ 186 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station