Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 6 of 8[ 282 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

No love for the Payne brothers? "Turnabout Payne" just sounds so cool.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Can I hear an "Objection!"?

Dammit... Despite all I did to hide this crime, was it enough? He'll know I did it. He'll figure it out somehow. That genius prosecutor who has solved more murders than I can count is on his way here to the crime scene. ...Miles Edgeworth...
But if I run now, I'll look guilty.

Doors open. Payne brothers walk in on their new investigation debut.

*Breathes sigh of relief*
Mr. Edgeworth, do you realize if we played by the rules, we'd be in court right now?

(My father spent three years restoring this car...)

迷探偵

linkenski wrote:
How would you react if GK3, like GS5 is about three protagonists? It could be Edgeworth, Franziska and Klavier.

It would seriously sound kinda bad to me. I don't have a thing to multiple protagonists per se, but it should serve a purpose and only be done if the story demands that more people be playable. One of the major gripes I had with GS5 was that I thought the game would have been a lot better streamlined if they had simply focused on Apollo (+Phoenix for the rift) for most of the game, and just used Athena as the client for the last case... But if they had a story that actually needed three different protagonists in a meaningful way for GK3...

I still think Payne would work better as the opponent in a Columb-esque inverted mystery though!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:

The Painful Turnabout would be more fitting to the emotions I would go through having to play as a Payne character >__>, nuh-uh :wellington:
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Y'know

Nearavex wrote:
I honestly don't really support the idea of a protagonist change. Edgeworth fits just barely, which is also only because his character pretty much regressed to be a picture of what is pretty much a non-bluffing, more serious and proud Nick. That is also exactly why we can't have a DD-era GK3 - there are no fitting prosecutors, really.

Klavier is a glimmerous fop and as a character, even the game doesn't treat him seriously. Blackquill... I honestly don't see him working well as a protagonist, his character just really doesn't fit the role. Perhaps during his rookie days, if anything.

Actually, Blackquill's appearance in GK3 could be a good idea. It wouldn't spoil too much, maybe aside from the fact that Blackquill wasn't always a dark samurai. He could play the role somewhat similar to Franziska - a young, but important prosecutor, tightly connected to the government... It gives me a certain idea, I think I've seen somewhere before - a polite young man, agent from the government - while he would not be an agent, but a prosecutor, it's pretty much what he was, since he was let on the whole phantom investigation. To me it sounds pretty good, he could even be Edgeworth's rival for a scene or two (kind of like Lang in GK2-5).

We could also place the setting in April-May period, which was the time Phoenix was disbarred in and finally cross this barrier that the first 2 spin-off games tried to avoid so hard, that it got unnaturally tight. While needed less desperately due to Dual Destinies's damage control, I'd still like to see Nick in his time disbarred, with his life filled up, instead of just a blank 7 years of empty space.

Relevant, I think.

You know, a Mario game!

I think it would be interesting if GK3's plot took place over an extended amount of time. Case 1 would take place shortly after GK2, and would feature Edgeworth finding out about Phoenix's disbarring. Then there would be a time skip of a couple of years after each case, with the final case taking place after GS5. The game would also show Edgeworth's journey of becoming chief prosecutor, with him finally obtaining his goal in case 4. Also, I don't want any flashback cases. It bugs me how every single game has a flashback case. I just want one game with a linear story that doesn't have the cases in an order other than the chronological order. GS5 was very confusing with its case order.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
I just want one game with a linear story that doesn't have the cases in an order other than the chronological order

Phoenix Wright, Apollo Justice, and Ace Attorney Investigations 2
Ash wrote:

It would seriously sound kinda bad to me. I don't have a thing to multiple protagonists per se, but it should serve a purpose and only be done if the story demands that more people be playable. One of the major gripes I had with GS5 was that I thought the game would have been a lot better streamlined if they had simply focused on Apollo (+Phoenix for the rift) for most of the game, and just used Athena as the client for the last case... But if they had a story that actually needed three different protagonists in a meaningful way for GK3...

B-B-But...Think of the Klavier/Ema fanservice!

Y'know

What Klavier/Ema fanservice could there be? She hates the guy.

I've felt worse.

Nearavex wrote:

"B-but, hate is just another form of love!"
The above sentence is a joke and may not reflect the actual opinions of the forum member who posted it.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Nearavex wrote:

*ka-tonk*
That's what.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Nearavex wrote:

JesusMonroe wrote:
If Klavier is playable, though, I'd love to see a young Klavier and young Ema on their first case together. It would be cool to see an investigation duo with complete animosity towards each other

It's not fanservice in the traditional sense of romance. It's actual service to the fans, like I-4 was. Edgeworth and Gumshoe (with a clean coat) on their first case, the return of Von Karma, playing as Bratworth, investigating with a young Franziska with a riding crop, and interrogating the Judge

Near the end of the case, Ema could even say, "You're nothing like Mr. Edgeworth! Y-You're...Y-You're...You're just a glimmerous fop! I'm glad I'll never have to work with you ever again! *Yamazaki then heavily winks and brutely nudges the audience*" Klavier can even go to a vending machine and buy Ema her first pack of snackoos
sumguy28 wrote:
The above sentence is a joke and may not reflect the actual opinions of the forum member who posted it.

It doesn't, though Rubia makes a strong point with Ema snackooing Klavier

If Payne gets his own game, opening the court record should show this

Prosecutor's Badge:
My Prosecutor's badge. Proof of my profession, but nobody believes it anyway...

The video game boy; the one who wins

:payne:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

The cape is self-fluttering

JesusMonroe wrote:

If Payne gets his own game, opening the court record should show this

Prosecutor's Badge:
My Prosecutor's badge. Proof of my profession, but nobody believes it anyway...

Hahaha.

I wonder what it would say under Miles Edgeworth's profile: "A gifted but confused prosecutor. Sometimes asks me to empty his wastebasket!"
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Profile Ideas for an "Edgeworth-Blackquill Tag Team" GK3:
Spoiler: Edgeworth
Simon Blackquill
My subordinate, who has the power to get into people's heads. I was partially responsible for clearing his murder conviction.

Spoiler: Blackquill
Miles Edgeworth
My superior, and the chief prosecutor. He was partially responsible for clearing my murder conviction.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Gardevoir lover

JesusMonroe wrote:
Near the end of the case, Ema could even say, "You're nothing like Mr. Edgeworth! Y-You're...Y-You're...You're just a glimmerous fop! I'm glad I'll never have to work with you ever again! *Yamazaki then heavily winks and brutely nudges the audience*" Klavier can even go to a vending machine and buy Ema her first pack of snackoos

I'd actually like to see that. :gant:

I want to see a whole game focusing on Klavier, i want to see more of the guy, and i can totally picture an Objection theme being a remix of the Gavinners theme.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Money / More Money / Most Money

We clearly need Sebastian/Yumihiko to star in his own heart-pounding, amazing adventure with Courtney/Mikagami (or another partner to help him out during investigations if she's unavailable for any reason)! Watch as he receives the same amount of respect, or lack of thereof, as your average Wright Anything Agency defense attorney! Scream as you've already solved the entire mystery within the first five minutes of the case while Sebastian is still way behind! His amazing logic will baffle even the cleverest of witnesses and rivals!

aaand now I should really go to sleep

Last edited by Vivi on Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Klavier already has enough character development (beside the fact that he's an glimmerous fop that nobody likes). Maybe Edgeworth, Blackquill, and Robin from 5-3 would be a good choice.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

If there's one AA game I won't buy, it's one about Robin Newman

You know, a Mario game!

JesusMonroe wrote:

Why not? Don't you like her? She wouldn't be the worst choice for a playable character.

Anyways, I don't think having a character other than Edgeworth as a playable character in a GK game would work unless you removed the Logic mechanic. Edgeworth's the only character that mechanic makes since for, as he's the only one who really focuses on logic. Logic certainly wouldn't work for Klavier or Blackquill.
My Twitter Account

The video game boy; the one who wins

No, they let their hearts decide.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

dimentiorules wrote:
Anyways, I don't think having a character other than Edgeworth as a playable character in a GK game would work unless you removed the Logic mechanic. Edgeworth's the only character that mechanic makes since for, as he's the only one who really focuses on logic. Logic certainly wouldn't work for Klavier or Blackquill.

Yes, they took all their notes from Edgeworth and are actually substitute actors for him in court and on crime scenes. Apparently, Edgeworth was delirious from lack of sleep when he wrote the prosecution's case during 4-3. The poor man deserves a vacation already.

...On second thought, a case springing up from a vacation overseas could be interesting. It'd be an unexpected visit from a well-reputed prosecutor, so the criminal wouldn't expect to have to face him (her?) in a battle of wits. And when it comes to it, the criminal is still quite adaptable.

dimentiorules wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

Why not? Don't you like her? She wouldn't be the worst choice for a playable character.

I like her but I don't think she'd be that interesting as a playable character or the Prosecutor in GS6. I wouldn't mind her recurring in later games but as it stands, I think a game starring her would be fairly B-O-R-I-N-G

Can I hear an "Objection!"?

JesusMonroe wrote:

Personally, I'd rather play as Orla.
Mr. Edgeworth, do you realize if we played by the rules, we'd be in court right now?

(My father spent three years restoring this car...)

Servant of the Goddess of Law

You know I kinda hop in GK3 they add prosecuting mechanics where you are actually prosecuting a case. It could work since flashback cases are nothing new to either of the two Ace Attorney series.

You know, a Mario game!

Gammalad wrote:
You know I kinda hope in GK3 they add prosecuting mechanics where you are actually prosecuting a case. It could work since flashback cases are nothing new to either of the two Ace Attorney series.

I was hoping the same thing! In fact, after playing GK1 for the first time, I was quite disappointed they didn't do that. The problem would be, how would this work in terms of gameplay mechanics? Would there be cross examinations? I don't think so, as in the GS universe only defense attorneys are able to cross examine for some reason.
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
Gammalad wrote:
You know I kinda hope in GK3 they add prosecuting mechanics where you are actually prosecuting a case. It could work since flashback cases are nothing new to either of the two Ace Attorney series.

I was hoping the same thing! In fact, after playing GK1 for the first time, I was quite disappointed they didn't do that. The problem would be, how would this work in terms of gameplay mechanics? Would there be cross examinations? I don't think so, as in the GS universe only defense attorneys are able to cross examine for some reason.

There is a very good reason why these games don't let you play as the prosecution in court. After all your efforts to find and capture the suspect, the only thing left is the trial, and the confrontation with the defense wouldn't be nearly as exciting without Nick or his gang. And should they be there, well, you've already uncovered the entire case... unless it's a rehash of the events of 2-4. In that case, I'd rather play as Detective Gumshoe in hot pursuit of the assassin.

The cross-examination mechanics only work for the defense in these games because the prosecution is the one calling all the witnesses. Meanwhile, I wouldn't be too worried about defending my witnesses when the defense has no basis for its claims in the first place. Being able to use a whip or finger sword would be fun, though. Maybe that way, the prosecution could actually get penalties if you strike at the wrong time...

迷探偵

I seriously wouldn't mind a more administrative version of GK (AKA the management sim). Have Edgeworth act as the supervisor of multiple police investigations and have some of those deduction quiz-esque short short scenarios as little brain training extras.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

You know, a Mario game!

Ash wrote:
I seriously wouldn't mind a more administrative version of GK (AKA the management sim). Have Edgeworth act as the supervisor of multiple police investigations and have some of those deduction quiz-esque short short scenarios as little brain training extras.

That sounds pretty cool! I'd love to see that, it would add extra depth to the gameplay!
My Twitter Account

Ash wrote:

The more we discuss this, the more appealing it sounds, doesn't it? The problem would be justifying the use of these random quiz cards/memos/whatnot. Could they be part of a bigger mystery? Could there be yet another mastermind behind the several murders highlighted in this game?

Ah, the possibilities...

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

venser wrote:
Personally, I'd rather play as Orla.

If we had an Orla game, we'd need a "Fweet!" interjection.

迷探偵

The more we discuss this, the more appealing it sounds, doesn't it? The problem would be justifying the use of these random quiz cards/memos/whatnot. Could they be part of a bigger mystery? Could there be yet another mastermind behind the several murders highlighted in this game?

Ah, the possibilities...

If I was in charge, I would keep those quiz-like extras just that, extras. So not connected to each other or the main storyline. I think it would distract from the main chapters and the whole basic idea of the concept (being a prosecutor in charge of multiple investigations at the same time). They could work as to 'deepen' the in-universe world though, like how Will Powers in all but name appeared in one of GS5's quizzes. For example, have a murder happen in a mall in the main game, and a small deduction quiz about some robbery that happened in another store in that mall.

Of course, if I was in charge, I'd make a Gyakuten Kanshikan, Gyakuten Keiji and Gyakuten Koutsuujunshiin after GK3 and then make Gyakuten Avengers.

You know, a Mario game!

Ash wrote:

Ah, the possibilities...

If I was in charge, I would keep those quiz-like extras just that, extras. So not connected to each other or the main storyline. I think it would distract from the main chapters and the whole basic idea of the concept (being a prosecutor in charge of multiple investigations at the same time). They could work as to 'deepen' the in-universe world though, like how Will Powers in all but name appeared in one of GS5's quizzes. For example, have a murder happen in a mall in the main game, and a small deduction quiz about some robbery that happened in another store in that mall.

Of course, if I was in charge, I'd make a Gyakuten Kanshikan, Gyakuten Keiji and Gyakuten Koutsuujunshiin after GK3 and then make Gyakuten Avengers.

I know that "keiji" means "detective", but what do the other 2 words mean? Also, would you mean a game starring Gumshoe? Isn't he a little too stupid to be a main character?
My Twitter Account

You know, a Mario game!

Ash wrote:

Ah, the possibilities...

I know that "keiji" means "detective", but what do the other 2 words mean? Also, would you mean a game starring Gumshoe? Isn't he a little too stupid to be a main character?
My Twitter Account

Ash wrote:

Ah, the possibilities...

Basically, we'd have Layton puzzles in an Investigations game.

I'm not against it, but I'm not sure how it'd fit into everything without, ya know, their being so completely random.

"I'll catch up with you later, Detective. There's something else I must do first."
*sneaks into corner and slips out quiz card from behind a bookshelf or something*
('A true gentleman never leaves any puzzle unsolved.' ...or so the saying goes. Let's see what we have here...)

Quote:

Ash, if you could somehow apply for a job at Capcom, the world would be a better place.

dimentiorules wrote:

kanshikan = detention officer
koutsuujunshiin = traffic/patrol officer

Together with their brilliant Detective leader, who remains unnamed for now, they'll leave no criminal, no case, and no receipts unturned!

迷探偵

Ah, (un?)fortunate typo! I meant to write Gyakuten Kanshikikan (forensic specialist).

Oh... wait, that's brilliant! Now with the four of them, they can make up the cover of Gyakuten Avengers!

Now all we need is a plot.

I want an Investigations game where you actually play in court as a prosecutor. I don't know how they would make it, but it would be cool, dammit!

Deception&&contradiction

dimentiorules wrote:
I think it would be interesting if GK3's plot took place over an extended amount of time. Case 1 would take place shortly after GK2, and would feature Edgeworth finding out about Phoenix's disbarring. Then there would be a time skip of a couple of years after each case, with the final case taking place after GS5. The game would also show Edgeworth's journey of becoming chief prosecutor, with him finally obtaining his goal in case 4. Also, I don't want any flashback cases. It bugs me how every single game has a flashback case. I just want one game with a linear story that doesn't have the cases in an order other than the chronological order. GS5 was very confusing with its case order.

I am almost in full agreement. I think the game should end with Edgeworth's promotion to Chief Prosecutor partially due to the final case and his competency as well. It brings his character to a crowning point how being harsh but fair can lead to success. I actually would've loved a Lana cameo but the timeline kinda disallowed that. It'd be nice to see how they worked in office (maybe in a flashback case?) I think rather than Toning down cameos, they should pick cameos that are relevant. Cameos do help make it feel like an interconnected world tho' GK has used it kinda excessively. Since, they can do DLC cases, the 6th case could be Blackquill-Edgeworth focused and showing us a day in his life as head prosecutor. Basically a nice epilogue to tie off the GK saga in a nice ribbon. :jake:

That being said I've always wanted Dedicated Detective game for years :eh?: to join the ranks of Perfect Prosecutor...

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I'll only buy it if the game is called "Ace Attorney Investigations: Simon Blackquill". :simon:
Page 6 of 8 [ 282 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps