Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 22 posts ]

58 (AA/PL inspired game)Topic%20Title

I am currently working on a game inspired by Ace Attorney and Professor Layton using a program called Adventure Game Studio. The following synopsis and (temporary) screenshots is taken from my post in the AGS forum's Games in Production thread.
Story

Another headline; ‘58 murders and still no sign of ‘The Count’’. Another victim, huh? And for what? What have they got against society?

Thrust into a bizarre and complex mystery through fate, 60 strangers are split into groups by a shady and corrupt General and have to combine their wits to complete his mysterious task.
Play through six unique, interlinking story-lines as six of these strangers to unmask his plot and escape, preferably alive.

Game Play Features

Investigate, among other locations, Area 58 via a first person view to solve puzzles and talk with the 9 intriguing characters in your party and discover more details about your situation.
Fight against the clock for your very own life in the surreal and intense PANIC! mini-games, which crop up at various points during all 6 story-lines.

Screenshots of the upcoming demo build as of 31 Jul 2014;

EDIT:

Download Demo

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o7a42 ... dz4/58.exe

[b]Winsetup for Demo[b]
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c2p02 ... nsetup.exe

[b]Note[b]
You need to right click on the start screen until you get the look icon.
The demo consists of the opening investigation and the first PANIC! section of the 'Journalist' story-line.

There will be an updated and improved demo in the near future.

Here is the AGS forum thread for more info:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/fo ... ic=50788.0
Re: 58 (AA/PL inspired game)Topic%20Title

what

Procella Games

The idea and concept's there, but the aesthetics are looking a little rough. You could consider searching places like Lemma Soft (and here) for artists who might be interested.

Last edited by sjgriffiths on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well,the concept looks interesting,but the screenshots look...weird,I guess.

Have not played the demo yet.Probably gonna try it later.
Signature loading, please wait...

yeah I played the demo

I just don't understand what on earth I'm supposed to be doing or what anything is or why is this face so big help me

I will admit that, at the moment, the game is in a very early stage and that I am planning to redraw the graphics, hopefully in the near future.

The game's current state, which is a little further than the tech demo, addresses the issue with the vagueness of the objective slightly.

I posted the game onto this forum in order to gain some extra critique aside from the AGS forums, so thanks for informing me about the faces issue. I'll redrew them at a later date. I guess I will be very busy next week then.

Quick update.

After an OS downgrade from Windows 8 to XP (as I find it a lot more comfortable and easier to use), the game is back out of its brief hiatus. Priority one is redesigning the graphics to a higher standard (fixing the size of the mugshots, cleaning up the graphics generally etc. etc.).

Although it may be slightly early to discuss such a topic, are there any suggestions for improvements on gameplay mechanics and presentation as a whole.

One that I have planned to implement is a morale system similar to the Kyle Hyde games. This will allow for alternative 'game over' endings through-out each campaign, although you will need to get the real ending in every campaign in order to unlock the final campaign.

...That's the end of my 'quick' update.

Sir Demon (Prosecutor)

@jkghjkhk: Honestly-- just stop. :edgeworth: I understand the graphics are of poor quality, but saying "what the fuck is this shit", rather than giving constructive, non-emotional criticism is -- allow me to be blunt -- infantile. Even saying "I really don't like these graphics at all" would be less like childish blubber than what you posted. Be respectful. Be helpful. Don't be like a child. That's how (constructive) criticism should be done.

I'll apologize on jkghjkhk's behalf, alphadalekben. That must have really been a blow to your ego. While I'm not interested in this project for the time being, I know ridiculousness when I see it. I hope you're alright.

Cheers, buddy. Yeah, it was quite out of order, but these things happen occasionally, huh? Anyway, there's good and bad news. The bad news is that I've lost all of the original files, but the good news is that I've found a proper artist (who is way better than my 10 minute Paint jobs). So, the game is now back in production (for real this time). I do agree with the criticism point though.

Dracarys!

Surely an intelligent and rational person such as yourself is able to contribute more than a few stock reaction images. I mean, even as trolling, I'd have a hard time even giving that a D-grade. At least use pictures that we haven't all seen a million times before already.

I'm assuming you're referring to jkghjkhk's reaction?

Sadly I have decided to cancel the game.

Bad to hear that.Why id you decide to do that,though? If you don't mind me asking.

Well, it boils down to three things; lack of any progress for about 3 months, A levels and the fact that I'm now involved in another game project (Neofeud, in case you want to look it up and support the cause). I am planning to restart the project afterwards though.

Last edited by alphadalekben on Sun May 17, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh. Well, anyway, the prospect sounded pretty cool. I'll check out Neofeud soon, but if you'd like any help with sprites or artwork for this game in the future, feel free to contact me.

@milaza Would you want me to send what I have of the storyline so far and start getting some ideas going, ready for when I restart the project? If so, could you PM me your email address please, just so we have an easier way of communicating? As for art style, I was thinking of something along the lines of Ghost Trick with the colour palette and silky-smooth animations, if you're up for that gargantuan task.

Cheers for the interest,
alphadalekben

PS. Neofeud is being developed on a game design program called 'Adventure Game Studio'. Here's the link to its forum topic http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=51084.0

Hey,that project looks interesting? Hve you thought about advertising it here,in the Press Conference section?

alright! I've sent a PM c:

@cesar26100 I'll talk to SilverSpook (the project leader) about the possibility first, but I'm all for it personally.

@milaza I've sent a PM with a few more details for you.

Cheers,
alphadalekben

EDIT: He's okay with it. I'll put it up on the CR forums later.

EDIT #2: @milaza Could you make an AGS forum account or PM me your Facebook details, just to make it easier for me to communicate with as few methods as possible (if that makes sense).

EDIT #3: Here's the Neofeud thread in the Press Conference forum: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31154&p=1304064#p1304064

Here's the new recruitment thread if anyone wants to get a spot: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=52170.0

We're currently coding in gameplay mechanics for the trials. Would anybody be interested in playtesting the segment (with placeholder graphics)?
Page 1 of 1 [ 22 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games