Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 2[ 60 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

C-R D&D (and/or other tabletop games)Topic%20Title

aka Ami <3

This first post will be the information post. We're going to find a game, make a campaign, invite people to play it, and then we're going to play it. For now, we're going to work out the details using this thread. Post your interest, input, etc. here as well!

I'm Geno (aka Ami), your master of ceremonies, and soon GM for the first campaign! (use whichever name you like)

UPDATE: WHAT SORT OF ROLEPLAY DO YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH US WITH? VOICE YOUR OPINION!

1.) D&D 3.5
2.) Legend of the Five Rings (basically samurai roleplay)
3.) World of darkness (various different modern day fantasy settings like "American Werewolf in London".)
4.) Firefly universe (basically a space western)

Votes:
1.) 0
2.) 0
3.) 1
4.) 0

Last edited by genodragon1 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: C-R D&D (and/or other tabletop games)Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Count me in.

I have books for d&d 3.5, legend of the five rings (basically samurai roleplay) and lots of world of darkness (various different modern day fantasy settings like "American Werewolf in London".)

Soon maybe tomorrow I'll have the materials necessary to play Firefly the roleplay (literal space cowboys).

Committed to helping however I can. If I have yo gm I guess I could try and learn but this will probably be a Learning process for everyone so bear with us.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

In Justice We Trust

I'm somewhat familiar with D & D 3.5 thanks to Neverwinter Nights 2 and Order of the Stick, so I'll probably have the easiest time with that.

I presume we'll be relying on Skype or something similar as a means of communication?
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
I'm somewhat familiar with D & D 3.5 thanks to Neverwinter Nights 2 and Order of the Stick, so I'll probably have the easiest time with that.

I presume we'll be relying on Skype or something similar as a means of communication?

I reckon it'd be best also while we should try sessions if we can do it sort of turn based as well because time zones an all.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

aka Ami <3

Pierre wrote:
Count me in.

I have books for d&d 3.5, legend of the five rings (basically samurai roleplay) and lots of world of darkness (various different modern day fantasy settings like "American Werewolf in London".)

Soon maybe tomorrow I'll have the materials necessary to play Firefly the roleplay (literal space cowboys).

Committed to helping however I can. If I have yo gm I guess I could try and learn but this will probably be a Learning process for everyone so bear with us.

Hm... I'd like to hear people's opinions. I'll add those choices to the OP.

General Luigi wrote:

We can skype, we could use that site Pierre suggested, or...

Pierre wrote:
General Luigi wrote:

I reckon it'd be best also while we should try sessions if we can do it sort of turn based as well because time zones an all.

This, to me, is ideal given the situation.

In Justice We Trust

Of course. Skype or another chat program is simply for the best-case scenario (i. e. all players are available at a certain time).

Ace Explorer

Ironically (considering this is an Ace Attorney site) I have no objections. I've always wanted to try out a 'formal' roleplay, but was always afraid I wouldn't know what the heck I was doing.

Unfortunately, I don't know how available I'd be because college.
Well? Are we going or what?

aka Ami <3

Alonso Swift wrote:
Ironically (considering this is an Ace Attorney site) I have no objections. I've always wanted to try out a 'formal' roleplay, but was always afraid I wouldn't know what the heck I was doing.

Unfortunately, I don't know how available I'd be because college.

Don't worry, Alonso, we're going to be doing this turn-based on the forums. This might make things stretch a bit, but it'll keep us from missing one another. I mean, if you don't post in a week, you might have your character left behind, but... I don't foresee that happening at the time. (not to say that you should procrastinate that long)

You know, a Mario game!

By "modern fantasy", do you mean things that have both fantasy elements like swords and magic, and technology, like robots and lasers? Something akin to Xenoblade Chronicles or the Final Fantasy series starting from VI? If so, that's what I would want. Here's my character I've designed.

Character Name: Isaac Blackthorne
Sex: Male
Class: Dark Mage
Bio: A priest of a strange shadowy cult who worships beings of darkness and evil. He speaks in an eerily polite manner, calling people "my friend" if they're male and "my dear" if they're female. He keeps a polite monotone even when telling people that he's going to kill them and other terrible things. He'd say something like "I'm terribly sorry, my friend, but I cannot allow your life to continue any further." He uses dark magic from the depths of the underworld to take down his enemies. One of his major abilities is being able to create shadowy copies of anything or anyone he chooses.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

aka Ami <3

dimentiorules wrote:
By "modern fantasy", do you mean things that have both fantasy elements like swords and magic, and technology, like robots and lasers? Something akin to Xenoblade Chronicles or the Final Fantasy series starting from VI? If so, that's what I would want. Here's my character I've designed.

Bio: A priest of a strange shadowy cult who worships beings of darkness and evil. He speaks in an eerily polite manner, calling people "my friend" if they're male and "my dear" if they're female. He keeps a polite monotone even when telling people that he's going to kill them and other terrible things. He'd say something like "I'm terribly sorry, my friend, but I cannot allow your life to continue any further." He uses dark magic from the depths of the underworld to take down his enemies. One of his major abilities is being able to create shadowy copies of anything or anyone he chooses.

You'll have to ask Pierre, whose material is borrowing.

As for the profile, it's a bit... premature? I'm not sure if the setting (when chosen) will even have magic. Also, while I like your bio, these tabletop games take it a step above with stats and abilities and stuff. We'll be playing an RPG instead of an RP. I should've made that clearer, I'm sorry. :adrian:

An Enigma Among Humans

World of darkness sounds fun.

You know, a Mario game!

genodragon1 wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

As for the profile, it's a bit... premature? I'm not sure if the setting (when chosen) will even have magic. Also, while I like your bio, these tabletop games take it a step above with stats and abilities and stuff. We'll be playing an RPG instead of an RP. I should've made that clearer, I'm sorry. :adrian:

Ah, okay, I'll wait until the setting and everything is chosen before I post any more specifics.
My Twitter Account

aka Ami <3

Lord Doitsu wrote:
World of darkness sounds fun.

One vote for World of Darkness. Updating OP.

dimentiorules wrote:
genodragon1 wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

Ah, okay, I'll wait until the setting and everything is chosen before I post any more specifics.

Cool. Again, I'm sorry about the misconception, but I appreciate the enthusiasm. That said, which game would you like to play the most?

An Enigma Among Humans

Sorry. I posted this in random conversations. I should have posted here.

- Name: Lord Doitsu
- Days/Times available (translated into Eastern Standard Time): I have a very awkward shedcual, but I feel that I can typically submit between 7:30 am and 3:30 pm. After that, it is just random.
- Playstyle: Assuming that something isn't the "style that beats everything", what do you prefer to be? Again, I am new to this, so I will need you you elaborate on that.
Warriors, mages, rogues, niche classes? Do you prefer damage, defense, range, support? Mage, defiantly.
Technology/alchemy, a blade/gun, or magic? If magic, what kind? If tech, what kind? If fighting, what kind? Alchemy sounds fun.
- Roles: What do you like to be? The sneaky jerk, or a paragon of virtue? Do you prefer playing by society's rules, or not? I have a bit of a psychotic side, so, I go back and forth with believing in the system we call “society” and dissing it every chance I get. I am mostly sophisticated, until I get in the heat of battle, after which I basically turn into Juri Han.
- Settings: Since D&D isn't the only choice, what are you favorite settings? The future? The past? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Cyberpunk? As I said, that World of Darkness sound fun, but in the end, I’m indifferent.

Also saying, not sure if I can do Skype. All I can say in that my lifestyle won't allow it; I don't think. BUT if anyone wants to add me, my name is Daniel DeVor. I've posted my picture enough around here. Y'all should know what I look like.

Gettin' Old!

Oh I've also got "13th age" Which is a fantasy setting like D&D but less bogged down in ultra-specific rules and gives more narrative control to the player (allowing you to say "I did this" instead of "Ok roll a die to see if you did that successfully"). It's a smaller game considering it's newer.

Also I should specify, there are a lot of flavours of World of Darkness (or nWOD).

The specifics of nWOD games share a lot of the same mechanics but they are tweaked for each different 'universe'. The world's (as far as I know) don't cross over as such so each one is separate.

Lets see what I have:
Core World of Darkness (Basic mechanics, modern humans in dark times.)
Changeling- The Lost: Magically-blessed and tortured humans on the run from their Faerie masters.
Hunter - The Vigil: A group or team of human hunters dedicated to fighting the monsters in the shadows.
Mage - The Awakening: Mages, masters of all things dealing with the path to enlightenment and those that threaten the universe.
Werewolf- The Forsaken: PLAY AS A MOTHERFLIPPIN WEREWOLF!
Vampire- The Requiem: PLAY AS A MOTHERFLIPPIN VAMPIRE!
Mummy - The Curse: Play as a recently awakened Mummy brought back in order to fulfil a purpose.
Geist - The Sin-Eaters: I'm not too sure....play as a Ghost I think.
Promethean- The Created: Even more not sure, play as Frankenstein's monster I think

Oh and while I'm not sure it's a game in itself:
Changing Breeds: Rules for being pretty much "Were-anything" My old GM bashed it as being "for furries" but he isn't the most pleasant person. :ron:

So yeah, each one of World of Darkness is essentially it's own game. I'm fine with whatever the now, frankly it's just exciting to think a project like this could work so if you want to vote for world of darkness bear in mind there's a fair selection.

Also as these worlds don't cross over bear in mind you won't be able to have a werewolf and a vampire or something like that in the same team.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

An Enigma Among Humans

I admit, that 13th age sounds fun.

If I had to pick, though, The Forsaken, The Requiem, The Sin-Eaters and The Awakening each sound equally fun.

You know, a Mario game!

Modern Fantasy is the setting I want. It sounds interesting, although ALL of them sound interesting.
My Twitter Account

Gettin' Old!

dimentiorules wrote:
Modern Fantasy is the setting I want. It sounds interesting, although ALL of them sound interesting.

Modern fantasy is basically the way the world is now, just...maybe with supernatural elements. Hell the tools are there you could run it without supernatural elements and it'd just be like Sin City.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

aka Ami <3

Seems most of the vocal people are going for something modern-day? Then that's what we'll be going with. Since the same people don't seem too vocal on which specific modern-day setting, I'm-a choose one that appeals to me. :franny:

To tropes! :gant:

An Enigma Among Humans

Go ahead. I just think the World of Darkness seems to appeal better to my Jekyll/Hyde persona.

aka Ami <3

Hm... so far, my favorites are Promethean, Changelings, and Hunters. Promethean might be a bit much, as it really requires a lot of "blessed with suck". So, with practically-minded thinking, that probably won't fly with first-timers, nor with people that like their characters.

Changelings seems to provide more flexibility. You can be a tree-thing, a griffin, or even a regular person but modified to be super-sexy. Lots of room for creativity.

Hunters seems to be more easily related to. You're at most a meta-human or some sort of patchwork human, and mostly it's just choosing your affiliation... as splats aren't that clear from the tropes page.

Wondering what to go with at the moment. Thoughts?

An Enigma Among Humans

Hmmmm. I admit, I think I like Hunters the best.

Gettin' Old!

Well hunters is alright, the game I played was extremely limited in options so as to achieve a specific atmosphere.

Though I'm impressed you learned about them so quick Geno, TV tropes that handy?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Chocolateholic of CR

Pardon me for asking but are we talking bout an actual game on the internet?
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

aka Ami <3

Pierre wrote:
Well hunters is alright, the game I played was extremely limited in options so as to achieve a specific atmosphere.

Though I'm impressed you learned about them so quick Geno, TV tropes that handy?

More or less. It doesn't go into exact details in many things, but I know a lot about Geist (I remember stumbling upon it earlier) with its keys and sin-eaters and manifestations. Not everything, but enough that I could probably fake a short conversation (like I can with Chekov, Stanislovsky, and a number of historical figures).

And yeah, that's the impression I got from Hunters. I would've gone with mages, but it's a decidedly "you're doing stupid things to the universe and vague descriptions of magic" sorta game? Also, apparently these games aren't as far apart as you once described- they seem to be much in the same universe, but playing with one book very much precludes you from doing things that you would be able to do in others.

Anthony wrote:
Pardon me for asking but are we talking bout an actual game on the internet?

We're talking about playing tabletop games using the reference books provided by Pierre, but played out on the forums.

Gettin' Old!

Well yes perhaps they can all interact. The Old World of Darkness actually had an overarching plot that tied every continuity into one another (and Werewolves were basically aggressive eco-warriors back then XD).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

My vote still goes to D & D 3.5.

aka Ami <3

General Luigi wrote:
My vote still goes to D & D 3.5.

Me too, but I'd rather work with the players as a whole as much as possible before I have to go into GM mode and say "no, you cannot have a character that kills anything in one hit", or "no, you can't use diplomacy to make someone do that, ew." And thus far, overwhelming opinion is for a more modern setting. Perhaps in the next campaign, non? I don't plan to keep using one universe more than once (I may revisit it again due to popularity, but never consecutively).

Gettin' Old!

In any case we should establish Skype in order to dish out the materials. Though D+D is totally a breakable game at character gen XD
Made by Chesu+Zombee

aka Ami <3

Pierre wrote:
In any case we should establish Skype in order to dish out the materials. Though D+D is totally a breakable game at character gen XD

I thought you, I and, General Luigi said that this'd work best on the forums, due to time zones?

The Real Human Being

Be Aggressive.

Gettin' Old!

genodragon1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I thought you, I and, General Luigi said that this'd work best on the forums, due to time zones?

Agreed but I'm not sure how else I'd actually pass you the reading materials.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

aka Ami <3

Pierre wrote:
genodragon1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Oh, that's what you mean. Okay, I'll PM you contact details. Hold up.

The Real Human Being

Pierre wrote:
genodragon1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

An Enigma Among Humans

I had an idea for doing the game on the forum (again, never have played an Table Top RPG before, but this is an idea I had).

What if, when we take turns, someone doesn't appear within 24 hours of it being their "turn", the GM decides what happens; whether they take their turn for them, or they just skip em'.

Gettin' Old!

Lord Doitsu wrote:
I had an idea for doing the game on the forum (again, never have played an Table Top RPG before, but this is an idea I had).

What if, when we take turns, someone doesn't appear within 24 hours of it being their "turn", the GM decides what happens; whether they take their turn for them, or they just skip em'.

Lets not set any hard time limits just yet. 24 hours can be surprisingly difficult to manage at the worst of times. Plus allowing the GM to kick you in the butt now and then can go really badly.

It's more important that we settle on a format to play.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

An Enigma Among Humans

Just putting out ideas here.

An Enigma Among Humans

Just a quick question: Can I have a cross Warrior/Mage(Alchemist) character?

Gettin' Old!

Lord Doitsu wrote:
Just a quick question: Can I have a cross Warrior/Mage(Alchemist) character?

Depends on the format.

For 13th Age? Almost definitely.
For D&D? Might be a bit complex but probably doable.
For Word of Darkness, perhaps think more about modern situations as there's not exactly 'classes' for that. You just make your characters and skills fit a background.

So for a Warrior/Alchemist you could take a University Student who studies chemistry and does Boxing or some other form of martial art as a hobby. Then you just dish out your specialisations and stats as you see fit. There's less in the way of 'specific' classes.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

An Enigma Among Humans

That sounds cool. Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 [ 60 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices