Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 2[ 49 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

What's Your Favorite Game of All Time?Topic%20Title

You know, a Mario game!

Mine is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year door. Everything about it is amazing, the art style is amazing, the soundtrack is amazing, the story is amazing, the characters are amazing, and the gameplay is amazing. I really hope the next Paper Mario game goes back to the format of the first 2. Super Paper Mario was great, but its predecessor beats it by the smallest of margins, and don't even get me started on the atrocity that is Sticker Star.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: What's Your Favorite Game of All Time?Topic%20Title

I don't have one, mostly because I don't think I encountered a game that I felt was so great. And especially not one I'd call "of all times" because I always take into possiblity that there could be a game released in hundreds of years that would be even better than the one I labelled best.
*takes her party pooper hat and leaves*

C-A

Ultimate Troll

My favorite game ought to be Bravely Default.
Everything about the game is great (maybe eexcept the repetiveness in chapter 5-8)
The four main characters are very interesting, the sidequests are probablyvtge best sidequests ever and the final plot twist... <3
dimentiorules wrote:
Mine is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year door. Everything about it is amazing, the art style is amazing, the soundtrack is amazing, the story is amazing, the characters are amazing, and the gameplay is amazing. I really hope the next Paper Mario game goes back to the format of the first 2. Super Paper Mario was great, but its predecessor beats it by the smallest of margins, and don't even get me started on the atrocity that is Sticker Star.

I can't agree more with you. TTYD is an extraordinary game, the characters are great, the dialogue is some of the best I've seen, and the story is fantastic.
Sticker Star is terrible.
Welcome.... to the velvet room...

ImageImage

Our friends in Paradiso are far too quiet...

The King of All

Mine is Elite Beat Agents, it's still a game that's unlike anything else I've ever played and I loved every minute of it when I first played it.

I still think EVERYTHING about the game is phenomenal, especially the story and music.
The king of all, Sir Duke

The Chocolateholic of CR

I dont just have a favorite game more like favorite games. But the one right now is Fire Emblem Awakening.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

I've felt worse.

@Cat obligatory clip, you know the one

Well, since this thread is labeled "favorite" and not "objectively best", I'll go with Ōkami. Yeah, you've probably heard this a million times before, but I'll say it anyways: the art style is beautiful, the brush mechanic works wonders (literally), the world is beautiful and the gameplay is just so damn satisfying. Of course, I recognize it's spoilerrific faults, but I still enjoy it greatly.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Ultimate Troll

sumguy28 wrote:

Well, since this thread is labeled "favorite" and not "objectively best", I'll go with Ōkami. Yeah, you've probably heard this a million times before, but I'll say it anyways: the art style is beautiful, the brush mechanic works wonders (literally), the world is beautiful and the gameplay is just so damn satisfying. Of course, I recognize it's spoilerrific faults, but I still enjoy it greatly.

PS2, Wii or PS3?
Welcome.... to the velvet room...

ImageImage

Our friends in Paradiso are far too quiet...

I've felt worse.

SquareMelonBread wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

PS2, Wii or PS3?

They're all mostly the same, but only the PS2 version had Reset playing during the end credits. So, PS2.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Call me James

I have several, so I can't really make a definitive choice for "all time favourite". One that I can place as (in my opinion) the greatest game of all time is probably Metroid Prime. All and all a perfect game, for myself. It just kind of sucks that the co-creator of the franchise considers the entire Prime trilogy non-canon :maggey: Because Other M totally deserves to be placed in the official canon instead, amirite? :gregory:

But yeah, Prime is just Godlike. I can go back to it again and again. Be it just a regular playthrough or a low-percent run.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

I'm also partial to Thousand Year Door. I play that game at least once a year and it never gets old. It's a fucking masterpiece in my eyes and the only flaw I can say about it is that it doesn't have much postgame content. It's a shame that it has two abysmal sequels, one of them being my least favorite game of all time

Other games that I like are SSBM, the Ace Attorney series (specifically AAI2 and the original), 999, 3D Zelda Series, Super Mario Galaxy (ONLY the original), Sly Cooper, Braid, Shadow of the Colossus, Heavy Rain, GOW Series (people hate on the third but I fucking love it. Ascension is shit, though), The Last of Us, and Shadow of the Colussus

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gardevoir lover

A tie between Pokemon Sapphire and Wind waker.

You can't believe my happiness at both games getting remakes this gen.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

The video game boy; the one who wins

Gameplay mechanics and innovation aside I'll just go ahead and say Ace Attorney. It has definitely been the game (or game series for that matter) that I've been the most engaged in and invested the most time outside playing the game itself (such as hanging around here, drawing fanart, looking up information etc.). Although Ghost trick and the first Super Mario Bros. comes to mind as well. Ghost trick is just special and generally cool and innovative both in story, looks and idea (as far as I know anyway); the complete package, and SMB is so complete in its simplicity and has a cultural importance, but it's still a very good game by today's standards (also nostalgic for me).
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

You know, a Mario game!

JesusMonroe wrote:
I'm also partial to Thousand Year Door. I play that game at least once a year and it never gets old. It's a fucking masterpiece in my eyes and the only flaw I can say about it is that it doesn't have much postgame content. It's a shame that it has two abysmal sequels, one of them being my least favorite game of all time

Other games that I like are SSBM, the Ace Attorney series (specifically AAI2 and the original), 999, 3D Zelda Series, Super Mario Galaxy (ONLY the original), Sly Cooper, Braid, Shadow of the Colossus, Heavy Rain, GOW Series (people hate on the third but I fucking love it. Ascension is shit, though), The Last of Us, and Shadow of the Colussus

Please tell me that it's sticker star that's your least favorite game of all time and not Super Paper Mario. SPM was amazing, the only reason people hate it is because it's different!
My Twitter Account

Sticker Star is my least favorite but I also hate SPM. And no, I don't hate it because it's "different." I liked the humor, music, and story, but the gameplay and overworked were just generally being and the game felt pretty padded. At least the gameplay wasn't flat out badly designed like Sticker Star

As for the "people hate it because it's different" argument, why do you hate Sticker Star? Because it's different, right?

Sticker Star is horrible but it IS a turn based RPG and does use the paper elements well. SPM doesn't have either of that. It's not a horrible game and I dot regret playing if (nowhere near the amount of replayability as TTYD, though) but it has absolutely no right to bear the name "Paper Mario" in its title

TTYD was just perfection and it was designed so well, that it's essentially timeless. It's a little too easy, but not if you're new to games/RPGs, and there are ways to play the game to make it harder (I'm doing a level zero run now). TTYD is literally the most well designed thing since...cars

Ace Explorer

JesusMonroe wrote:
As for the "people hate it because it's different" argument, why do you hate Sticker Star? Because it's different, right?

I know I don't speak for everyone, but I personally felt that the lack of story to Sticker Star was just... awful.

(Hurhur, Bowser kidnapped Peach! And Bowser doesn't talk in this game! Hell, only one or two relevant NPCs do talk!)

And if anyone's gonna try to use the 'complaining about the story being poor = complaining because it's different' fallacy, then they're just shutting off any sort of debate.
Well? Are we going or what?

I thought the story, gameplay, characters, and humor were poor in Sticker Star

Thing is, I think the gameplay and overworlds in SPM were incredibly boring (2D platform we with added tedium of backtracking. Wonderful) but if I complain about that, it's not because it's different. I agree with you that complaining about a poor story isn't complaining about a different story, but complaining about poor gameplay isn't complaining about different gameplay, either

You know, a Mario game!

There was only one memorable moment in Paper Mario Sticker Star, and that was Kersti calling Kamek a hipster. That made me laugh, but nearly everything else about that game sucks.
My Twitter Account

The Thinker

My favorite game of all time is Portal. It was like nothing I'd ever played before and I was so obsessed with it when I was done that I went back and played it tons of times, and after that, was still left wanting more.

I love a lot of series,but a game that definitely needs to be mentioned is Shadow of the Colossus.It's just so epic an different from other games...
Signature loading, please wait...

Hates Teen Titan justice

Xenosaga episode 1

Love it
"They won't find the generators Robin and they can't see me they can't see the truth Robin even when it's right in front of them."-Slade

Elohim Essaim Elohim Essaim

Probably a bit cliché, but my favorite game is LoZ Majora's Mask.
"I'm in lesbians with you" - Scott Pilgrim

The Enigma

Fire Emblem Blazing Sword. Brings back such great memories.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Winter Flag Trademark

Touhou.

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

[Whip the cream!]

I haven't played many games at all in my life. Ace Attorney is the first ones I've really been into. So I'll just go ahead and say Trials and Tribulations.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Surf's Up!

I like Sticker Star.

Anyway, mine is Super Mario 64.

[Whip the cream!]

Mentioned Trials and Tribulations earlier. Shares the first place with 999 now.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Great Revival

AAI2, and New Super Mario Bros Wii tie.

FWEET CLICK FWEET

My Favorite game of all time is

....... Ghost Trick Phantom Detective

That Felt like a Year ago not sure When Not A Clue

I Could Even Do a Top 5 of my Favorite Video Games of All Time

oh 1 per franchise unless their is only 2 games in the series

5. Both Seasons of TellTale The Walking Dead: Probably the MOST SADDEST GAME OF ALL TIME You Have to go though an idiotic high school kid A some what Nazi of a father to one of the characters A Crazy Person who DOSE NOT WANT TO LEAVE ANYONE Behind so much they will kidnap people and take people hostage so good

4. Mortal Kombat X: I am not a fighting game fan and to be honest I just needed a 5th game in here

3. Ghost Trick Phantom Detective: Amazing Game second best Soundtrack on this list great characters and a fantastic gameplay mechanics

2. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Dual Destinies: You guys know This game would make it on here dual destines I can only Say one thing In the DLC Case Phoenix Defends A Orca Whale THE ACE ATTORNEY SERIES DOSE NOT GIVE A ****

1. Call of Duty Black Ops 3: Best Call of Duty Game to date (papasbuddy 2015)

Last edited by papasbuddy on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Great Revival

I have another 2 games so now I have 4 games tying as my favorite games of all time...
9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors, it just has such a deep story, and sticks with you.
And Virtues Last Reward for pretty much the same reasons.
And I bet I'll have 5 favorite games tying when ZE3 comes out.

Alexander James

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective.

It's unique, mind-bending and really makes you think about strategies.
It's also about the big chicken and nice character designs.
And the story is perfect.

If you haven't played it yet, make sure you play it, you won't regret it.
If all of them are happy, then I shall be happy too.

The end of nonsense is near.

Winter Flag Trademark

AJtheprogrammer wrote:
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective.

It's unique, mind-bending and really makes you think about strategies.
It's also about the big chicken and nice character designs.
And the story is perfect.

If you haven't played it yet, make sure you play it, you won't regret it.

I thought you'd say "osu!" to be honest. I mean, you like rhythm games, or so you've said yourself. But yes, I'll have to agree, GT:PD was an awesome game indeed. I finished it within a week though, and replayed at least twice before I got tired of the game.

Alexander James

I have one more to add.

Cytus.

One of the most famous rhythm games ever made by one of the most famous developers, in Taiwan.
Rayark's Cytus has over 200 songs in it. That's right, 200 songs of awesomeness!
You think it is pronounced "saei-twos" but really, it's pronounced "kai-twos". I'm not kidding.
I love the illustrations and the musics, they're all awesome.
And also, the gameplay is pretty good.

It's a rotated version of DJMax Technika. Yes, except Cytus is much better.

The scan line system is a unique rhythm game concept. It is even better than Guitar Hero.

I must say, Cytus is one of my favorite games, if not, my most favorite game.
If all of them are happy, then I shall be happy too.

The end of nonsense is near.

Winter Flag Trademark

...Man, you sure seem to like Musical Games, as the only musical game I really like is "Touhou Rhythm Carnival". That, "Project Diva" and "osu!" are the only musical games I know.

Hello! Hello! *squawk*

I don't know if I can call one game my favorite of all time. Civilization IV is probably the game I play the most.

It's Pokemon Platinum it was my first Pokemon game so, Maybe Nastalgia is just clouding my memory?

The penguin is MINE

Mine is definitely The World Ends With You. I love how unique it is, but also that it has so much more to offer than just a unique way to use the DS's dual screens. The battle system is interesting and never seemed like a chore (I still go back to my file every once in a while just to fight some Noise). Story-wise, it has an outstanding, emotional plot and a ton of memorable characters, and its soundtrack, while unorthodox, fits perfectly. Not to mention all of the well-designed bosses and fun and witty dialogue. My experience playing it for the first time was incredible, and I wish I could play through it again without knowing any spoilers.

ASCEND

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. Not only was it the first game I truly enjoyed, but I think it's music is the best in the series. I also enjoyed the mechanic of controlling Zelda and Link at the same time. Other than that, I'm not sure why I really like the game. It's just special to me I suppose.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

Chrono Trigger. Loved the solid time travel storyline. We had this for the SNES on emulator before.

I dare say it's quite better than some Final Fantasies.

cyanoscarlet wrote:
Chrono Trigger. Loved the solid time travel storyline.

Except that whole fiasco early on, where Marle disappears cause the search for her ancestor was called off when she fell into the past, meaning said ancestor would eventually be killed and all of Marle's ancestors, and herself, would not be born and Marle then re-appeared some delayed time after you rescued Queen Leene. Which never made sense to me, because I think Marle should never have disappeared to begin with, as long as Leene was still alive. Once Leene was actually dead, then it would make sense for Marle to disappear.

But that part was apparently created before the rest, so the 'rules' weren't set. Which is weird, why was it not changed? (Though I agree, the rest makes sense)

C-A

Super Mario World. The controls feel so smooth and natural to me, it makes me want to do all these trick jumps I wouldn't do in any other platformer. I can't be satisfied just playing to the ending either, every playthrough has to be a 96-exit run, and I couldn't have it any other way. Even graphic-wise, I'm not too fond of the CG look of the New Super Mario series, and I adore the colorful simplistic cartoony style of this game. Plus no ground pound, I don't like it when I accidentally hit the ground pound button in the new games…
Page 1 of 2 [ 49 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station