Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 1 of 2[ 77 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 


The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3040

This thread is dedicated to the animations ripped from Dual Destinies. In order to complete a library of animations, we need your help! Currently the ones made have been from recordings of the iOS version, however if you can record them from the 3DS version, make sure they are consistent with the animations already made for that character.

Here is a tutorial on how to make DS styled sprites for those who own the iOS version of Dual Destinies.
The method I use is with Photoshop, however if you have other image editing software, this is still doable, but a few workarounds may be needed (Which I will explain.)

Spoiler: Tutorial
  • First off, you'll need to have the iOS application installed onto your iDevice, and (depending on what character you want to make sprites of) have bought the relevant cases.
  • Then, you will need a method of recording your iPad screen. I use an app called 'iRec' which isn't on the app store, but if you would like to find it, google search for 'emu4ios' with your iDevice, and you should find where to download the app.
  • Begin recording:(iRec users need to go into Settings and turn on 'AssistiveTouch' for the recording to work)
    Image

    *From user wetsver:
    "By the way, Mac users can record their gameplay with just using Quicktime. I think this is only applicable for Yosemite x iOS8.
    1. Connect the iDevice with iOS8 to the Mac running Yosemite with the lightning cable (USB cable).
    2. Open Quicktime. Click on File > New Movie Recording.
    3. Beside the recording button, click the down arrow and choose your iPad as the Camera to record and the microphone to record from.
    4. Click on the record button only from the point of the scene you want to record from.
    The New Movie Recording screen disappears after stopping the recording, so repeat steps 2-4. I think that resizing the Quicktime screen affects the original resolution of the game (I occurred this problem while importing sprites) so leave it as it is.
    "
  • When done, export. (Or save if you are using an AirPlay program like Reflector, where you're recording your computer's screen mirroring the iDevice.)
    Image

    (iRec MAY NOT EXPORT. If this happens you'll need to plug your iDevice into your computer and either copy the app to your desktop, and "Show package contents" for mac, or unpack on windows, and locate the "Documents" folder. I use iTools as it's less messy :maya: )
    Image
    Image
  • Now that you have the recording on your computer (Which took me longer than it should :larry: ), you can now open Photoshop and then open your recording inside the program.
    Image

    If you're not using Photoshop, open the video in a video program like QuickTime or VLC, which you can manually view each frame (QuickTime e.g lets you move frame by frame if you press the left and right keys on the keyboard.)
    Use this to view each frame, and then screenshot each one

  • Use the Lasso tool to select the character (I used the 'Polygonal Lasso Tool' on photoshop, as it's easier to select with than trying to trace with the standard tool.)
    Image

    Other programs should have a lasso tool if not, just select the pose, and then try to keep each frame as consistent as possible. It'll take some time, but try to find a clean method so that each frame moves cleanly from one to the other, when all frames have been cut out.
  • Now this is the tedious part. Copy the main pose into a new document, and then use the arrows to move to each next frame, and copy the next part of the pose, and paste it into your new document.
    Image
    (Note how each layer is a new part of the pose. Copy all the poses using the same outline as the first, so as to keep everything consistent.)
  • Now, with all other frames except the first, cut out all the outer edges, leaving only the parts that move (The eyes, mouth and the chin.) This is to keep each frame clean and consistent.
    Image + Image = Image

    Do this for all frames.
  • Next is to make each layer into frames, in Photoshop, open up the "Actions" toolbar, and click the dropdown button in the top right of the toolbar and select "Make frames from layers".
    *Make sure you TURN LAYER 1 OFF THEN ON in the first frame in order for it to appear for all frames, so there isn't a floating head in the rest of the frames, as seen above :redd:
    If you're not using Photoshop, You'll need to first decrease each frame of the animation to 16%, and use a GIF animation software to animate each frame. (Unless your program can also make gifs.)
  • Go into "Image" -> "Image Size" and decrease to 16% (This may vary slightly for each character. Try resizing once, then compare it to the size of an actual AA sprite to see if they're roughly the same height.)
    Image
  • Next is to make the Canvas size "256px X 192px" (The size of the DS' screens) (If using Photoshop, follow the settings in this screen.)
    Image
  • Now that your image is the size of a DS sprite, you need to make sure each edge is clean. Go over the outline of the sprite with the pencil tool, and trace around it using the relevant colours. Then use a pencil eraser or selection tool to delete all the translucent pixels around the edges. (Use a coloured background to see them, like Green for e.g)
    Image -Image
    (Clean them up! :godot: )
  • If you think you've cleaned it all up, it's now time to export your GIF. Make sure you've got the animation loop set to "Forever" and each mouth movement will move 0.15 sec. (each frame's times) and the blinks moving at 0.1 sec. (for each blinking frame.) Of course, test to make sure it's all moving smoothly. You'll notice one frame has a 0.0sec. delay, that's just to keep the animation moving at the same speed.
    Image
  • Lastly, you'll need to save your GIF. In Photoshop, go to 'File' -> 'Save for Web' (Save for Web and Devices in older versions) and follow the settings here (If you think you can improve their look, feel free to change the settings, or else these are just for those who're unsure what each option does.)

    Image
  • And that's it! Your sprite animation is now complete! (Make sure you open up the sprite animation AGAIN after exporting to make sure all those translucent dots are cleaned up)
    Image <- Nasty dots! :dahlia:

    Completed animation:
    Image


Current Animations:
Main Characters:
Spoiler: Apollo Justice
iOS Sized (SuperAj3) LINK

Spoiler: Trucy Wright
3DS Sized (wetsver): Album of animations:LINK
Image

DS Sized(wetsver): Album of animations: LINK
Image

Spoiler: Bobby Fulbright
Album of animations: Link
Image

iOS Sized: HERE

Spoiler: Simon Blackquill
3DS sized(wetsver): Album of animations: LINK
Image
Bench animations:
http://imgur.com/a/8kMux

Spoiler: Miles Edgeworth
DS Sized (wetsver):
Image
3DS Sized (wetsver)::
Image
iOS Sized (wetsver):LINK

Case 1:

Case 2:
Spoiler: Damian Tenma
Image

Spoiler: Florent L'Belle
iOS Sized (SuperAj3): LINK

Case 3:
Spoiler: Hugh O'Connor
http://imgur.com/a/3RvJ4

Case 4:
Spoiler: Yuri Cosmos
ImageImage

Case 5:

DLC:
Spoiler: Herman Crab
iOS sized (Mijumaru):
LINK


Fan Sprites:
Please give credit to the spriters who made these!
Main Characters:
Spoiler: Phoenix Wright
Defense Bench Sprites (Rajin): LINK

Witness sprites (Hesseldahl):
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image

Spoiler: Apollo Justice
Co-council(MercurialSK):LINK
Witness (Hesseldahl):
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image

Spoiler: Athena Cykes
Defense Bench Sprites (Rajin, Mijumaru): LINK
Front (Rajin):LINK
Front/Co-Council (MercurialSK, Rajin): LINK

Spoiler: Simon Blackquill
LINK
Rajin and ThatOneJimmy

Spoiler: Miles Edgeworth
Witness (Hesseldahl):
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image


Case 1:

Case 2:

Case 3:

Case 4:

Case 5:

DLC:


Last edited by SuperAj3 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:20 am, edited 28 times in total.
Re: TUTORIAL: How to make 'sprites' from Dual Destinies iOSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Scratch spriter

Gender: Male

Location: Mexico

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am

Posts: 323

Mijamaru, I think you should reduce the colors to make it look like a sprite, if I remember correctly, the maximum of colors are 33.
Re: TUTORIAL: How to make 'sprites' from Dual Destinies iOSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3040

Hesseldahl wrote:
Mijamaru, I think you should reduce the colors to make it look like a sprite, if I remember correctly, the maximum of colors are 33.

As I recorded video footage, when I tried decreasing colour, it lost some detail and the colours messed up a little. (The recordings lose some of the image's quality), So I left it at 256 and kept it looking DD style. If you want to make them look like they are DS Sprites, then yeah, I know GK has a max of 128 colours, and the original AA went up to 16. I could try experimenting with colours to get a better result, and if it works, I'll update this.

I decreased colours to 33 and removed some mouth animations and here's the result:
Image


Last edited by SuperAj3 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: TUTORIAL: How to make 'sprites' from Dual Destinies iOSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Scratch spriter

Gender: Male

Location: Mexico

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am

Posts: 323

Mijumaru wrote:
Hesseldahl wrote:
Mijamaru, I think you should reduce the colors to make it look like a sprite, if I remember correctly, the maximum of colors are 33.

As I recorded video footage, when I tried decreasing colour, it lost some detail and the colours messed up a little. (The recordings lose some of the image's quality), So I left it at 256 and kept it looking DD style. If you want to make them look like they are DS Sprites, then yeah, I know GK has a max of 128 colours, and the original AA went up to 16. I could try experimenting with colours to get a better result, and if it works, I'll update this.

You know what would be interesing?Apollo Justice sprites with 16 colours or GK too
Re: TUTORIAL: How to make 'sprites' from Dual Destinies iOSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3040

Oops! I edited my post as you were commenting :bellboy:
I made the Trucy animation 33 colours (updated my last post) I guess with some editing it'd look better, but what do you think?
Re: TUTORIAL: How to make 'sprites' from Dual Destinies iOSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Scratch spriter

Gender: Male

Location: Mexico

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am

Posts: 323

I have a question, can you take the colors of something and replace it ?
Actually I think I prefer the original colors :sahwit-2:
Re: TUTORIAL: How to make 'sprites' from Dual Destinies iOSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 924

I think the issue here is that Photoshop does a terrible job at deciding which colors to keep and where to put them. If one were to manually recolor the sprite, it would likely turn out a lot better provided that person knows what he/she's doing.
Image
Re: TUTORIAL: How to make 'sprites' from Dual Destinies iOSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3040

TheDoctor wrote:
I think the issue here is that Photoshop does a terrible job at deciding which colors to keep and where to put them. If one were to manually recolor the sprite, it would likely turn out a lot better provided that person knows what he/she's doing.

Yeah, that's true. I admit, I'm not that good at changing and picking the more appropriate colours, and how to do so, so I'm just sticking to 256 colours for now.

Hessehldahl wrote:
I have a question, can you take the colors of something and replace it ?
Actually I think I prefer the original colors

I can, when you save for web in photoshop, you can manually edit the pallette. Do you mean original colours as in Trucy's AJ colours? or the 256 colour version?

I made one of Damian Tenma. This time I tried downscaling using "Nearest Neighbor" instead of "Bibulic" as it looks like it came out cleaner this way.
Image


Last edited by SuperAj3 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: TUTORIAL: How to make 'sprites' from Dual Destinies iOSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am

Posts: 214

This is very cool. It'd definitely help for sure. though it does mean that a lot of the work I've done over the past couple of months suddenly became invalid...

I don't think that colour optimisation will be easy with these, though I might have a shot at it when I make some time. What if instead of 32 colours (probably too few) or the full 256 (too high-quality/file size concern imo), there's a "fan DD standard" of some sort - perhaps 64 or 128? Whatever number is just enough colours to still look good when colour reduced automatically but still few enough to look more like a sprite than a model.

(Also, some of the poses in DD are actually anatomically incorrect due to model restrictions, such as Apollo's crossed-arms one. It might be worth mentioning that poses like those exist and maybe that they will need additional touchups.)
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
Re: TUTORIAL: How to make 'sprites' from Dual Destinies iOSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3040

mercurialSK wrote:
This is very cool. It'd definitely help for sure. though it does mean that a lot of the work I've done over the past couple of months suddenly became invalid...

I don't think that colour optimisation will be easy with these, though I might have a shot at it when I make some time. What if instead of 32 colours (probably too few) or the full 256 (too high-quality/file size concern imo), there's a "fan DD standard" of some sort - perhaps 64 or 128? Whatever number is just enough colours to still look good when colour reduced automatically but still few enough to look more like a sprite than a model.

(Also, some of the poses in DD are actually anatomically incorrect due to model restrictions, such as Apollo's crossed-arms one. It might be worth mentioning that poses like those exist and maybe that they will need additional touchups.)

Don't forget Tonate's hands when holding the bomb! (How he can bend his fingers like that I'll never know!)

Trust me, custom sprites are a lot better for fan cases in terms of consistency with art style, so your work's not redundant at all! And I was intending on making these for the DD animations in their style. (People didn't downgrade AJ or AAI sprites to use them with PW sprites, so why decrease colours with the DD ones?)

These however can be used as bases for spriters to draw over them in the AJ/PW sprite style. If we can get the colour downscaling working, then it'd be much easier to match previous games' sprites style.
Re: TUTORIAL: How to make 'sprites' from Dual Destinies iOSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 924

Exactly, I'd much rather use custom sprites for consistency's sake than the ripped models; however, ripping the models is still useful if you want to make a case with DD only characters or if you want to use them as a base for making AA/AJ styled sprites.

And I'll be honest with you, if there's a character I really want to use, I'm going to use that character regardless of whether or not the colors are consistent. For example, I wouldn't have to have custom Professor Layton sprites if I wanted to use him alongside AA characters.
Image
Re: TUTORIAL: How to make 'sprites' from Dual Destinies iOSTopic%20Title

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:36 am

Posts: 1

Well... Can you reupload your photos? I really want to make some sprites from DD :trucy: (And thanks for inspiration!)
Re: TUTORIAL: How to make 'sprites' from Dual Destinies iOSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3040

Aeolus wrote:
Well... Can you reupload your photos? I really want to make some sprites from DD :trucy: (And thanks for inspiration!)

Re-uploaded the images! :basil:
Re: TUTORIAL: How to make 'sprites' from Dual Destinies iOSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3040

I've made some of Cosmos:
Image Image

If anyone else is willing to make these, please post so here, and I'll make a topic for everyone to post their rips. (Hopefully it'll get stickied so anyone can view it.)
Re: TUTORIAL: How to make 'sprites' from Dual Destinies iOSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3040

It posted twice...
Re: TUTORIAL: How to make 'sprites' from Dual Destinies iOSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

So... Is anybody planning to do the sprites for a certain white-suited detective?

Just curious.
Re: TUTORIAL: How to make 'sprites' from Dual Destinies iOSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3040

Ropfa wrote:
So... Is anybody planning to do the sprites for a certain white-suited detective?

Just curious.

I have a feeling I've posted this topic in vain... Although there is interest to do them.
With Bobby, If no one's gotten around to making them after I've finished my Athena sprites, I'll start working on these DD animations bit by bit. I'll make sure I do Fulbright first then!
Re: TUTORIAL: How to make 'sprites' from Dual Destinies iOSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am

Posts: 214

Maybe rename the thread? We can make this the "compilation and creation of all DD characters' sprites project" thread or something instead of just a tutorial, and then have the tutorial be there for anyone who wants to help as well. It would make synchronising sprites easier. Although listing sprites may be a bit difficult depending on if artists have any specific permissions.
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
Re: TUTORIAL: How to make 'sprites' from Dual Destinies iOSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3040

mercurialSK wrote:
Maybe rename the thread? We can make this the "compilation and creation of all DD characters' sprites project" thread or something instead of just a tutorial, and then have the tutorial be there for anyone who wants to help as well. It would make synchronising sprites easier. Although listing sprites may be a bit difficult depending on if artists have any specific permissions.

OK. I'll change the thread title :edgey: . I was initially going to make a separate thread for collecting the animations people had posted here (There's still not enough to begin collecting them, as I've only made 4 and that's it.) but I guess we can organise that if we get more people making these.

Seeing as this topic is for essentially ripping the official animations, I think that for these rips, permission shouldn't be needed as these are official animations and not fanmade sprites. Credit, however, is something I think should be given for the hard work of the animators. We could however have a separate thread for fanmade DD Sprites? In which case permission is something that we'd have to take into account. Or would that be too much? :ron:
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am

Posts: 214

Oh, I thought this one thread would be for both fanmade and rips? I was referring to the fanmade ones in regards to permissions, though anyone who rips should be given optional credit for doing that too I think. Since C-R kind of does that for the media section already, listing the rips with usernames, but people who use them don't necessarily leave credit.

Basically something where we can discuss everything DD graphics related in one place instead of kind of scattering it in individual threads and all, if that makes sense.
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3040

Ah OK. I had made this thread as a tutorial for rips only :payne: I guess we could add fan sprites as well.

Also, I've started on Fulbright:
http://imgur.com/a/33zW2
I'll put this album link up top for ease.
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

Lovin' this thread! If anyone can do sprites for Prosecutor Blackquill, that would be awesome.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am

Posts: 214

Mijumaru wrote:
Ah OK. I had made this thread as a tutorial for rips only :payne: I guess we could add fan sprites as well.

Sorry, you don't have to, it was just a suggestion XD I just thought it might be easier. It's not necessary though, a rip thread is ok too.

What's kind of troublesome is that only people with the game on an iOS can perform the first few steps, though.
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3040

mercurialSK wrote:
Mijumaru wrote:
Ah OK. I had made this thread as a tutorial for rips only :payne: I guess we could add fan sprites as well.

Sorry, you don't have to, it was just a suggestion XD I just thought it might be easier. It's not necessary though, a rip thread is ok too.

What's kind of troublesome is that only people with the game on an iOS can perform the first few steps, though.

I'm not saying we can't add the fan sprites here, by all means! (where's the means smiley when you need one XD) :basil:
I'll add a tab to the first post for fan sprites.

And if you have a 3DS with a capture card, you can use the software that's related with that to capture footage, or heaps of screenshots. Unfortunately, that costs like, $280 for us Aussies to get done, and that's only for regular 3DS's, so it's not the cheapest option :acro: .Thankfully in the iOS version, case 1 is free, so anyone with an iDevice can rip those characters!
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Do the impossible. See the invisible.

Gender: Male

Location: Los Tokyo Angeles

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:36 pm

Posts: 517

If anybody has the full stills of the characters ripped, I'd love to help animate them to help the progress go by faster. I just don't have an iDevice to rip anything myself.
Image
"Rule #1 of Lawyer Stuff: If it's in the Court Record, it's gonna show up in the trial somewhere"
Credit to Tajiri Ami for the Phoenix sprite and Cup_of_Law for the Payne sprite in my signature.
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Meow

Gender: Female

Location: Labyrinthia

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:05 pm

Posts: 14

Is this topic still alive?? :eh?: I have a question, I thought 3DS' top screen size is 400x240? :ron:
I've made Blackquill (without the blinking animation and cropped, doesn't have the actual background size) with Trucy Wright (only done with non-movement parts)
:beef: Tata :paynehair:
Blackquill (not sure if I'm redoing):http://psykhelogialove.tumblr.com/post/103193024152
Trucy (1):http://psykhelogialove.tumblr.com/post/103974286217
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3040

wetsver wrote:
Is this topic still alive?? :eh?: I have a question, I thought 3DS' top screen size is 400x240? :ron:
I've made Blackquill (without the blinking animation and cropped, doesn't have the actual background size) with Trucy Wright (only done with non-movement parts)
:beef: Tata :paynehair:
Blackquill (not sure if I'm redoing):http://psykhelogialove.tumblr.com/post/103193024152
Trucy (1):http://psykhelogialove.tumblr.com/post/103974286217

The topic's still going, just been on a standstill for a while. Thanks a lot for making these! If you don't mind, can I add these to the first post?

The 3DS's screen size is 400x240, but most people are asking for "Sprites" to use in fangames, and fancase makers like AAO and PYWright use the DS dimensions (256x192).
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Meow

Gender: Female

Location: Labyrinthia

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:05 pm

Posts: 14

Mijumaru wrote:
The topic's still going, just been on a standstill for a while. Thanks a lot for making these! If you don't mind, can I add these to the first post?

The 3DS's screen size is 400x240, but most people are asking for "Sprites" to use in fangames, and fancase makers like AAO and PYWright use the DS dimensions (256x192).

Ahh, I see, but these sprites I've made are 400x240 ._. Would you want to resize them before using though? (I have the iOS version on mediafire, link in posts)

By the way how do I remove those white bits from saving? It looks fine on photoshop but I don't know why it turns out like that ._.
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3040

wetsver wrote:
Mijumaru wrote:
The topic's still going, just been on a standstill for a while. Thanks a lot for making these! If you don't mind, can I add these to the first post?

The 3DS's screen size is 400x240, but most people are asking for "Sprites" to use in fangames, and fancase makers like AAO and PYWright use the DS dimensions (256x192).

Ahh, I see, but these sprites I've made are 400x240 ._. Would you want to resize them before using though? (I have the iOS version on mediafire, link in posts)

By the way how do I remove those white bits from saving? It looks fine on photoshop but I don't know why it turns out like that ._.
If you want to, sure! This way it's all consistent with what's already been made.

With removing the white around the edges, make a layer with a dark colour behind all the frames, and use the magic select tool (with contiguous unchecked to make it a bit faster) to select all the outer white parts (or just the standard select tool) and manually delete them. I had this problem too. When you resize, unless you're using "Nearest Neighbor", it causes a bit of fuzz around it to smoothen the image. This turns into full-coloured pixels when you make them into a .gif.
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Meow

Gender: Female

Location: Labyrinthia

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:05 pm

Posts: 14

Mijumaru wrote:
If you want to, sure! This way it's all consistent with what's already been made.

With removing the white around the edges, make a layer with a dark colour behind all the frames, and use the magic select tool (with contiguous unchecked to make it a bit faster) to select all the outer white parts (or just the standard select tool) and manually delete them. I had this problem too. When you resize, unless you're using "Nearest Neighbor", it causes a bit of fuzz around it to smoothen the image. This turns into full-coloured pixels when you make them into a .gif.

I've fixed Trucy's with nearest neighbour. By the way, this is a bonus:
Image
I've made this quite a while but I was planning to put it together with the set that she has movements with (it's 1mb ._.)
Others: http://imgur.com/a/wpkak
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Meow

Gender: Female

Location: Labyrinthia

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:05 pm

Posts: 14

By the way, Mac users can record their gameplay with just using Quicktime. I think this is only applicable for Yosemite x iOS8.
1. Connect the iDevice with iOS8 to the Mac running Yosemite with the lightning cable (USB cable).
2. Open Quicktime. Click on File > New Movie Recording.
3. Beside the recording button, click the down arrow and choose your iPad as the Camera to record and the microphone to record from.
4. Click on the record button only from the point of the scene you want to record from.
The New Movie Recording screen disappears after stopping the recording, so repeat steps 2-4. I think that resizing the Quicktime screen affects the original resolution of the game (I occurred this problem while importing sprites) so leave it as it is.
:jake:
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3040

Oh cool! I'll add that how-to to the main post as well. (I'm still on iOS7 and Mavericks, my Mac can't update any further :acro: )
wetsver wrote:
I've fixed Trucy's with nearest neighbour. By the way, this is a bonus:
Image
I've made this quite a while but I was planning to put it together with the set that she has movements with (it's 1mb ._.)
Others: http://imgur.com/a/wpkak

Thanks a bunch! added to the first post!
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Meow

Gender: Female

Location: Labyrinthia

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:05 pm

Posts: 14

Mijumaru wrote:
Oh cool! I'll add that how-to to the main post as well. (I'm still on iOS7 and Mavericks, my Mac can't update any further :acro: )

Well you could try... and see if it works? I don't have any old Macs to test though
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Meow

Gender: Female

Location: Labyrinthia

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:05 pm

Posts: 14

Hmm.. Did a cleanup for the first sprite (3DS size) and this was the result (not that perfect though):
Image
I don't mind if anyone wants to help me clean them!! (for 3DS). For DS I can resize it with bicubic before sending in. I've gotten requests for Blackquill (In court), Edgeworth, Athena and Fulbright as well, will try to finish them and post it.
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3040

wetsver wrote:
Hmm.. Did a cleanup for the first sprite (3DS size) and this was the result (not that perfect though):
Image
I don't mind if anyone wants to help me clean them!! (for 3DS). For DS I can resize it with bicubic before sending in. I've gotten requests for Blackquill (In court), Edgeworth, Athena and Fulbright as well, will try to finish them and post it.

Thanks! I think the current Trucy ones are good as they are, They're clean around the edges.
I'm currently doing Fulbright on request by someone on AAO, so you can leave that one to me (I've recorded each frame, I just have to get to making them. :sillytrucy: )
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Meow

Gender: Female

Location: Labyrinthia

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:05 pm

Posts: 14

Mijumaru wrote:
Thanks! I think the current Trucy ones are good as they are, They're clean around the edges.
I'm currently doing Fulbright on request by someone on AAO, so you can leave that one to me (I've recorded each frame, I just have to get to making them. :sillytrucy: )

Hmm but as I reduced with Nearest Neighbour I find that some of the pixels on the face/body look... weird? But I guess it should be okay since it's for DS-sized games :larry2:
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3040

wetsver wrote:
Mijumaru wrote:
Thanks! I think the current Trucy ones are good as they are, They're clean around the edges.
I'm currently doing Fulbright on request by someone on AAO, so you can leave that one to me (I've recorded each frame, I just have to get to making them. :sillytrucy: )

Hmm but as I reduced with Nearest Neighbour I find that some of the pixels on the face/body look... weird? But I guess it should be okay since it's for DS-sized games :larry2:

Yeah, it's because it's not smoothing out the features as you resize. I you want, you could always re-do them, and match the way I did my one. I used Bibulic (I think), and then cleaned up the outlines, and drew them in with the pencil tool. But it's a lot of hassle, so it's up to you!
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Do the impossible. See the invisible.

Gender: Male

Location: Los Tokyo Angeles

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:36 pm

Posts: 517

Heeeeeey lemme help with animating these. We could totally get these all out faster if multiple people were animating the frames you've ripped or whatever.
Image
"Rule #1 of Lawyer Stuff: If it's in the Court Record, it's gonna show up in the trial somewhere"
Credit to Tajiri Ami for the Phoenix sprite and Cup_of_Law for the Payne sprite in my signature.
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3040

Volty wrote:
Heeeeeey lemme help with animating these. We could totally get these all out faster if multiple people were animating the frames you've ripped or whatever.

Reckon 'course ya can! :lotta-smug:
Have any characters you'd want to rip? I have recordings currently of Damian Tenma and Yuri Cosmos' animations, I could upload one of those recording and send it to you? (Not sure what the best method is, but I guess if you can download from YouTube, I could upload there.)
Re: The Dual Destinies Animation Collection! (WITH HOW-TO)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Do the impossible. See the invisible.

Gender: Male

Location: Los Tokyo Angeles

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:36 pm

Posts: 517

Mijumaru wrote:
Volty wrote:
Heeeeeey lemme help with animating these. We could totally get these all out faster if multiple people were animating the frames you've ripped or whatever.

Reckon 'course ya can! :lotta-smug:
Have any characters you'd want to rip? I have recordings currently of Damian Tenma and Yuri Cosmos' animations, I could upload one of those recording and send it to you? (Not sure what the best method is, but I guess if you can download from YouTube, I could upload there.)



I don't really have a preference of characters (aside from Fulbright, but I hear you're already on the case with that one.) So I guess you can just send me whatever you're NOT working on. Are you just gonna upload the raw files somewhere and send them to me? Like, you could either PM me here or on YouTube, whatever you prefer.

OH. And also, how would you feel about these DD sprites being animated in the "Classic" Ace Attorney style? Like, the 3-frame talking style? I feel like that could be very beneficial to the community and stuff, as well.
Image
"Rule #1 of Lawyer Stuff: If it's in the Court Record, it's gonna show up in the trial somewhere"
Credit to Tajiri Ami for the Phoenix sprite and Cup_of_Law for the Payne sprite in my signature.
Page 1 of 2 [ 77 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], SuperAj3, Yandex [Bot?] and 4 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO