Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 36 of 41[ 1610 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 41  Next

Re: Rate the Last Movie you SawTopic%20Title

I've felt worse.

*sigh* A day when the family can get together and watch a movie and what movie do we watch?

The Interview

Really? This is the movie that sparked such controversy? This bloody predictable attempt at comedy? I haven't watched many comedic movies recently, but this one was just painfully obvious. You go in, and you know which jokes they will try, which obvious twists they will pull, which gags will go on far longer than they should, etc. There wasn't even much satirizing of North Korea in it. You could replace North Korea with any other poor country ruled by a tyrant who spends too much money on warfare* and not much would have changed. There were two moments in the entire movie that came close to actually being funny:
Spoiler:
-"Won't they just get another chubby Asian dude to take his place?"
-After the guy who isn't played by James Franco obtains the capsule containing the replacement poison, he finds a message that reads "two in case you fuck up again."

Maybe someone who likes to see James Franco overact might enjoy this, but I wouldn't recommend it.

4/10

*not that I really know of any other poor country ruled by a tyrant who spends too much money on warfare
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

This whole The Interview thing makes me forget that it's even supposedly labelled Comedy. Actually, the whole controversy about it, despite being comedy, makes me wonder what's so terrible about it...

C-A

Last movie I saw was on Christmas with Dawn on our anniversary and that movie was The Gambler. It was funny because we decided to choose a movie at random and I wanted to see it so we ended up watching it. The movie was actually better than I expect without of funny moments as well as suspenseful moments

8/10
Was a great movie worth watching since there is slot of crap movies out now xD

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I saw the final Hobbit movie today. Personally I believe it should have been 2 movies (like it was originally planned), but nonetheless I still thought it was great. 9/10, there are plenty of feels to be had.

Gettin' Old!

MBr wrote:
I saw the final Hobbit movie today. Personally I believe it should have been 2 movies (like it was originally planned), but nonetheless I still thought it was great. 9/10, there are plenty of feels to be had.

Really how do you figure it should have been 2 movies? Frankly I'm amazed there's really enough left for one movie with a little condensing they could a covered this book in one or two.
Spoiler: The Hobbit
All that's left to do is for the guy to kill Smaug and the big battle to begin. Frodo gets knocked out at the start and wakes up having missed the battle. Go home be happy simple.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler:
I think when they got to Lake-Town the movie spent way too much time there. Ending the first part after they leave Mirkwood would make sense to me, although there needs to be a climax at the end to justify getting that far (which I think the second film lacked. I think separating Smaug's introduction and death was the wrong thing to do).

Gettin' Old!

MBr wrote:
Spoiler:
I think when they got to Lake-Town the movie spent way too much time there. Ending the first part after they leave Mirkwood would make sense to me, although there needs to be a climax at the end to justify getting that far (which I think the second film lacked. I think separating Smaug's introduction and death was the wrong thing to do).

Spoiler:
Yeah if they'd ended the second one with Smaug's Death and then some serious speech about how the Lake Towners are going to reclaim their gold it would have been a climactic enough cliffhanger. Worse thing is they COULD have done that, the whole bit at the end where the Dwarves 'battle' Smaug inside the halls never happened. They could have swapped it out if they wanted to.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The King of All

12 Angry Men (10/10): timeless classic, everything from the acting to the story was flawless.

Boyz n the Hood (10/10): Saw this without any background knowledge, amazed with how good it was. Powerful story, writing, and social and political commentary. Outstanding.

Unbroken (6/10): It was alright, nothing particularly grand or thought provoking like the previous two films.
The king of all, Sir Duke

Don't call me Shirley

The wind rises, 8/10. Not my favourite Miyazaki and it felt a tad disjointed at times, but it quickly erased my doubts that Miyazaki could do a more or less realistic movie and yet make it just as atmospheric as his past efforts.

Quote:
The Interview

Really? This is the movie that sparked such controversy? This bloody predictable attempt at comedy?

Well technically, all we know for sure is that North Korea disapproved of the movie, there's still no evidence they were behind the hacking. Actually all leads we have point toward the culprit not being NK.

The Chocolateholic of CR

Justice League Throne Of Atlantis.

10. It was actually good.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Guardians of the Galaxy

Grade: 10 out of 10

Enjoyed the story even though since I didn't read the comics I didn't know too much about their backstories, but at least the movie gave a brief concept of their back stories which was a good thing.

Action sequences were pretty amazing and enjoyed a lot of the funny moments that came about from those moments. The jokes in the movie were pretty funny if you got some of the old school music references.

Looking forward to watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2 when it comes out and maybe Ill read the comics. :butzthumbs:

~Die-Hard Gavinners Fan~

The last I watched was an anime movie called Hal.

It was a really heart warming emotional narrative that punches you in the feelings at the end. It was a GREAT movie. The downsides were that it was literally only 60 minutes long, and that it had a really interesting setting but it didn't really delve into it much in the movie, so you kinda felt like they made this beautiful world that was like an Alternate universe Japan, but it never gets explored in the detail you wanted.

I'd give it an 8, it was a great movie regardless~ :redd:
Rhythm Heaven+Ace Attorney. Uncle Ray and Klavier Gavin need to be in court together. <3

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion

I...uh...I don't...but...why...what...

Rating pending, this is the most conflicted I've felt about a movie in ages.

~Die-Hard Gavinners Fan~

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

:eh?: Does that mean the movie was kinda mediocre, but you love the Puella Magi series too much too outwardly hate it? If so, I feel your pain... :sad-maya: When it's not exactly a TERRIBLE film, but it just doesn't do the series justice.

That's why you always gotta be careful with anime movie adaptations unfortunately :shy:
Rhythm Heaven+Ace Attorney. Uncle Ray and Klavier Gavin need to be in court together. <3

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

I think my husband had a similar reaction when he had to watch the movie before putting a rating on it for the cinema he was working in at the time. He just watched and kept commenting how weird it is and fucked up.

C-A

Misokrattz wrote:
:eh?: Does that mean the movie was kinda mediocre, but you love the Puella Magi series too much too outwardly hate it? If so, I feel your pain... :sad-maya: When it's not exactly a TERRIBLE film, but it just doesn't do the series justice.

I guess that's an accurate statement now that I've had time to think about what the hell I watched.

CatMuto wrote:
I think my husband had a similar reaction when he had to watch the movie before putting a rating on it for the cinema he was working in at the time. He just watched and kept commenting how weird it is and fucked up.

C-A

Well, Madoka Magica is pretty weird and fucked up anyway, but half of Rebellion doesn't even make sense when going by the rules the original series laid out.

Spoiler: Massive spoilers for the series and movie
The biggest question I have for most things is "how."

Okay. At the end of the TV series, Madoka forms a contract with Kyubey by wishing to personally destroy every witch to ever come into existence the instant it's born. This has the side effect of turning Madoka into an omnipotent, omnipresent being since that's the only way that wish could be possible. In the context of the show, it makes perfect sense that she would be able to make that kind of wish since it's established that a person with greater value to the world as a whole can make greater wishes and therefore become a greater magical girl, and thanks to Homura's constant screwing around with the timeline for Madoka's sake, Madoka basically becomes the most important person in the universe. So Madoka becomes a god and uses that power to rewrite the rules of the universe. Fine so far.

Then Rebellion comes along, Homura becomes a witch, Madoka comes to end her suffering, and Homura pretty much rips Madoka out of her higher existence and rewrites the rules of the universe again, essentially putting herself in charge of her ideal world.

HOW.

Madoka was a GOD, on a totally different plane of existence, and Homura rewrites the reality Madoka established more or less because she feels like it. How did Homura get that kind of power, especially without using a contract with Kyubey to get it? "Love" isn't a sufficient answer (not to mention saying Homura "loves" Madoka is questionable at best at this point, and if I get into how disappointed I am in that Homura's relationship to Madoka went from sweet, selfless, and devotional in the TV series to creepy, obsessive, possessive in the movie, I'll really get sidetracked (though I guess it makes sense as far as "the greater the magic girl, the more terrible the witch.")) How did Homura even physically interact with Madoka, anyway? Like I keep saying, higher plane, this was made very clear in the show, nobody should have been able to interact with Madoka and vice versa. For that matter, how did Madoka take on a physical form inside Homura's labyrinth? If she was able to do that, why wouldn't she have done so to see her friends? Does being a god just sort of go away because you forget about it? How did Kyubey go from not even knowing about Madoka at the end of the series (it even flat-out admits there isn't any way to prove Madoka exists) to building a forcefield that can TRAP A GOD INSIDE a short time later?

And now to mix it up a bit with some "whys." Why is Sayaka alive again at the end of the movie? Why can she summon her witch form to fight for her? Are witches like Stands now? And I can understand Godoka enlisting Sayaka's help to get Homura out of her labyrinth, but why in the hell, out of all the other dead magical girls, did she decide to call on the one that most recently murdered Mami? (I know the real reason; fans love Charlotte, but that's not what I mean.)

Basically it felt like the movie was trying way too hard to pander to the fans and be crazy; too many questions left unanswered and half the cast may as well have not even been there for all they contributed to the plot, this was 95% Homura's story. The TV series ending was bittersweet but felt like something was really accomplished, especially as far as Madoka's character development, which was really lacking for most of the show. The movie kind of spits on Madoka's sacrifice and puts her back to being not so much an important character herself as a prize for Homura and Kyubey to fight over.

Uh, I did like that scene where Sayaka talked to Kyoko about having regrets, though. That was really cute.

Final score - 5/10

Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!

Raising Arizona - 7/10

I liked it, but I bet I'll enjoy it more when I become a father.

Also, the Huggies chase might be one of the greatest sequences ever put to film.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Whiplash: 10/10
Great flow and conflict. It's unexpectedly funny and the characters develop in subtle ways.

Kingsman: The Secret Service - 9/10

The previews did not accurately portray just how balls-to-the-wall INSANE this movie is. And it's beautiful.

Spoiler:
The church brawl in particular is probably going to go down in history as one of the greatest fight scenes of all time.

I've felt worse.

V for Vendetta

If this movie was a typical tale of a man rallying the people to rise up against a corrupt government, then it was alright. If it was a political message, it failed horribly. And I'm pretty sure this movie was trying to be the latter. The movie kept throwing around the idea that extreme methods are needed to take out a figurative monster, and that anarchy is better solution than a government with too much control. That's all fine. What isn't fine is making everything so black and white. Up until the end, the movie kept trying to make the audience see that V's methods were the solution, but at the same time, the government was portrayed as evil to the point of parody. I can't take a message seriously if you're can't portray it any better than a propaganda cartoon.

If you're expecting something meaningful, this movie is not the place. But maybe it works as a mindless thriller.

5/10
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

[Whip the cream!]

I definitely agree with you about that movie.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Airplane-10/10

I dunno what else to say about this movie.I tried to make a reference to it in this post but most of its jokes need someone to say something first... :ron:
Signature loading, please wait...

cesar26100 wrote:
Airplane-10/10

I dunno what else to say about this movie.I tried to make a reference to it in this post but most of its jokes need someone to say something first... :ron:

You can't quote anything? Surely you can't be serious. you're welcome

I AM serious.

Oh,sorry,you wanted me to make a joke? Nah,that's fine,I don't really want to anymore.
Signature loading, please wait...

cesar26100 wrote:
Airplane-10/10

*shakes* What do you mean, you can't make quote-jokes? But don't worry! It's okay! Just stay calm! *slap* Everything will be alright! *slap*

I watched that movie, well it was playing when I was very sick, so I ended up sleeping through most of it...

C-A

[Whip the cream!]

Haha, oh dear, Airplane... second-hand nostalgia or what to say, one of my dad's favourites. :hobohodo:

The last movie I watched was Persona - I hadn't watched it in a few years. It's still one of my favourite movies, so I give it a top rating.

Gettin' Old!

cesar26100 wrote:
Airplane-10/10

Pfft just straight up link the jokes then:

Would you care for some coffee?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Jupiter Ascending - 8/10

This movie is a mess. It's full of plot threads that don't go anywhere, holes you could drive a truck through, and some of the hammiest acting this side of a 60's Batman episode. But that's precisely why I enjoyed it. Plus, when the movie got exciting, it got really freaking exciting.

The best way I can think of to describe it is that it's like a big-budget fan fiction for a series that doesn't exist.

Also, it was fun watching Eddie Redmayne basically screaming his lines and thinking, "This man just won an Oscar."

[Whip the cream!]

Guybrush Threepwood wrote:
The best way I can think of to describe it is that it's like a big-budget fan fiction for a series that doesn't exist.

Don't think that would be my type of movie, but that description alone almost makes me want to watch it.

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Dead Tone

1 / 10
It's good to watch when you're bored and feeling lazy. Other than that, it's terrible. Ffs Flavor Flav is in the beginning introducing the film. That alone made it awful and not able to take it seriously.
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Ernest & Celestine - 9/10

Essentially Warm and Fuzzy Feelings: The Movie, despite the fact that it essentially focuses on two fugitives. The animation is absolutely gorgeous. The whole film looks like a children's book come to life.

Gettin' Old!

Avengers 2: Avenge Harder! - 7/10

It was a good film don't get me wrong but it has plenty of things that just niggle and wriggle and squiggle at me as "No that's not right."

1: The Black Widow/Hulk romance thing? They had no chemistry in the previous movie and it sort of comes out of nowhere here. It's just not that interesting.

2: Hawkeye is cool and becomes a more interesting character an all, he sure has a winning personality. Unfortunately I don't think his powers are really sufficient for this kind of thing. The movie is asking me to suspend a lot of disbelief when I watch him pop arrows in the head of robots and they go down real easily. He even lampshades it at one point complaining about fighting super robots with a bow and arrow. I get he's a great shot and he's a cool dude but no man your arrows aren't doing crap against these robots. Except maybe the explosive and electric ones but we see regular ones being just as effective.

For comparison while he takes out a robot with a headshot, Captain America the super human smashes the same kind of robot twice with his shield. Stabs it through the neck with his shield and has to actively kick it through the robot's neck severing the head before his one actually dies.

Don't buy it movie.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Isn't it called... Age of Ultron? My husband went to watch it and he liked it. (Then again I don't quite know his sense of movies well. We both enjoy Men In Tights, which is good enough for me!)

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Isn't it called... Age of Ultron? My husband went to watch it and he liked it. (Then again I don't quite know his sense of movies well. We both enjoy Men In Tights, which is good enough for me!)

C-A

Yeah it's Age of Ultron I was just messing around.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

迷探偵

Pierre wrote:
1: The Black Widow/Hulk romance thing? They had no chemistry in the previous movie and it sort of comes out of nowhere here. It's just not that interesting.

But a Black Widow romcom would be great!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

eyyyy

Mulan II 9/10
seen it many times before but this has always been my rating for it. I mean, it's a good film, but I don't think it's as good as the first.

C0SM1C-ECL1PSE wrote:
Mulan II 9/10
seen it many times before but this has always been my rating for it. I mean, it's a good film, but I don't think it's as good as the first.

Part of Mulan's talk about how arranged marriages are a bad idea makes no sense to me, considering that was what she was prepared for in the first one... then again, Mulan 2 does the misunderstanding that breaks people up, I find it a terrible thing...

C-A

eyyyy

CatMuto wrote:
Part of Mulan's talk about how arranged marriages are a bad idea makes no sense to me, considering that was what she was prepared for in the first one... then again, Mulan 2 does the misunderstanding that breaks people up, I find it a terrible thing...

C-A

Mhmm. Thats what bugged me. I just couldn't put it into words for some reason. Must've been tired. :oops:

Mad Max: Fury Road - 10/10

A two-hour shot of adrenaline. Easily the best movie I've seen this year.

[Whip the cream!]

^
Watched the same movie yesterday. Visited my dad, and he wanted to see it when we were visiting the cinema. I was a bit reluctant; well, alright, this might be fun, but those films aren't up my alley. But anyhow, it can be fun to step out of one's comfort zone once in a while. Perhaps it will be entertaining. Expectations - null.

I was very surprised when I quickly realized that I genuinely liked it! The atmosphere is very... odd in a good way, and it's filmed in an interesting way. I'd give it 4/5, and I guess it is good to step out of one's comfort zone once in a while, because this is a film I never would have picked up myself. And then I'd miss out on something very nice.
Page 36 of 41 [ 1610 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 41  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios