Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 481 of 481[ 19237 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 477, 478, 479, 480, 481

Re: THE Edgey fan baseTopic%20Title

All shall bow before the mighty Godog!!!

Spoiler:
When I first played the demo and saw Edgeworth and saw him at the very end I screamed so loud my dad and brother thought I was mental. It was so good seeing him and facing him in the courtroom again!!! I noticed that they added more prominent lines at the side of his eyes, which can either be a product of age, or wearing glasses in general (I have those same lines from wearing glasses most my life) or both. But I like this older Edgeworth...just not his voice :ron:

N3OPHYT3 L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

I knew I was going to freak out when he showed up, but my emotional reaction surprised even me. I just... started crying. Like, full-out tears running down my goddamned face. For a half an hour. I cried even harder when
Spoiler:
Phoenix and Miles go head-to-head in court just like old times
and everything was just perfect. More perfect than I could of asked for. I love his new look, I love his glasses, the way he does the glasses push-up thing made me go hhhnnnngghhh and all of his movements are just so smooth and elegant and god I am just so far gone. I even liked his voice and thought it suited him, even if it wasn't what I had pictured, and his objection does sound a little funny. Still... for a while, the world felt and looked truly beautiful, like heaven was shining down on me. That's Ace Attorney for you.

It can be quite overwhelming, can't it?

I was playing the game in class one day and I had to just put it down
Spoiler:
because I got to the part when Pearl came and I was freaking out and smiling like an idiot and I had to just stop playing so people wouldn't look at me and think I was crazy. Gaaah 17 year old Pearl is just.... aaaaaah I love her!!!!! :acro:

N3OPHYT3 L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

I did that too, jjaystar, along with
Spoiler:
tearing up and getting all giddy about the letter Maya sends to Phoenix. I was hoping she'd make a surprise appearance despite all odds, but at least the letter let us know she wasn't dead. I hope we'll see her again soon.

gallowsCalibrator wrote:
I did that too, jjaystar, along with
Spoiler:
tearing up and getting all giddy about the letter Maya sends to Phoenix. I was hoping she'd make a surprise appearance despite all odds, but at least the letter let us know she wasn't dead. I hope we'll see her again soon.

Spoiler:
Yeah I had a couple tears in my eyes reading that and hearing the Steel Samurai music. I would have bawled if they used the turnabout sisters theme though!
Also, side note, I love that Phoenix never changed his ringtone after 9 years.

Game Lovers

i think everything on him is really cool..
his hair style,his charisma,his car,his clothes,even his past and his fear of lift & turbulence..

The video game boy; the one who wins

Oh. Oh. OH!! I've seen the DD cutscenes beforehand so I know I'm getting close to his comeback. I literally had to take a break and get rid of some excess energy. Inhale, exhale...

Edit: Phoenix: He's chief prosecutor now. Pretty soon it'll be a year, right?
Miles: A title is nothing more than a title. Don't we have more pressing issues to discuss?
Talk ---> [Miles Edgeworth]
Good Phoenix. Good, good Phoenix.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

The Twisted Samurai

I am not sure, but didn't "Ngooooooooooh" actually made a return?
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Logic ~ The Way To The Truth

I like Edgeworth because of his calm and collected personality, his deductive skills, his vocabulary, his movements, everything. Especially because I can relate to him in many of his features. Oh, not to mention his chess hobby, which is something we've got in common.
ImageImageImage

Get away from my Miles, you old windbag!

The cape is self-fluttering

I can't believe this topic has 19209 posts and counting.

I'm going to guess and say this is the longest topic, post-wise, in the entire forum.

(Not that I have a problem with this... just making a random observation. :-P )
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

[Whip the cream!]

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
I am not sure, but didn't "Ngooooooooooh" actually made a return?

Yes. Yes it did. :edgey:

Edit: I see that the post I replied to is old, but... Yeah. Sorry. Didn't notice at first.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Well, I randomly replied to the topic after two weeks of inactivity, just to comment on the number of posts, so... *shrugs*
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

[Whip the cream!]

Adrian in black wrote:
Well, I randomly replied to the topic after two weeks of inactivity, just to comment on the number of posts, so... *shrugs*

Yes, well, I just thought that my reply perhaps wasn't all that helpful since it was a reply to a certain post and not a general one, but, ah. Fair enough. :sahwit:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

earthlings on fire

Nineteen thousand posts. That's insane. I can't even comprehend that.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

It's over 9000?! (Sorry, couldn't help myself)

This thread was my home back in 2009, so probably over half of my entire post count is swimming in here.

It used to be SO ACTIVE but kind of fizzled out once crouton and Lunaria left ;-;
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Th-that's so sad... :larry: (Especially with that look of pure despair in Fulbright's eyes)

earthlings on fire

Louise wrote:
This thread was my home back in 2009, so probably over half of my entire post count is swimming in here.

It used to be SO ACTIVE but kind of fizzled out once crouton and Lunaria left ;-;

I remember them! Whatever happened to them?
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

A Seeker of Truth

I LOVE Edgey- well, in a completely normal fanboy hetrosexual way :phoenix: He's refined, intelligent, a gentleman, drinks tea (I do this), plays chess, makes a killer fashion statement and is as determined and moral as they come. Yet he's not perfect; he can be haughty, condescending, smug, overtly serious, narrow-minded, and often takes the loyalty of a certain detective for granted. He's either my favorite or one of my favorite characters in the series; he's just so marvelously written as a character that I just enjoy any game or case that he's in, if only for his involvement :edgey: Alright, fanboy rant over; I'll shut up now :yogi:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

Ahahahaha I have a soft spot for goofballs and Edgeworth is one, no matter how much he denies it. Sure, he can be witty but he's also sometimes so serious to the point of comedy. I played AA2 first, didn't get him, then AA1 and was at first, "Geez....why does everyone like him?" Then
Spoiler:
Case 4 happened and I felt sorry for him but not enough to love him.
Then in AA3 I was all, "Oh my gosh this guy is so hilarious! Why did I not like him before?!"

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

I've always loved Miles, ever since I played the second game and gosh, idk, but I'm just another Edgey fangirl dreaming about him and writing a lot of fanfictions including him..

Yep, I love Miles Edgeworth.

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Experimental Hydroxyacelunodosetrase

Louise wrote:

Ouch. This it home. I would be on here EVERY DAY in 2009. Not to bust out the "When I was your age" but I remember the days of the Edgey Mafia and all the shenanigans that would go on in this thread...

Carly. 19. Ravenclaw. Hell's Belle.

Sir Demon (Prosecutor)

It's funny. I didn't like Edgeworth at first. Whenever he objected when I was playing the HD Trilogy demo, I would groan and say "WHAT NOW?" I'd get so much satisfaction presenting evidence to crush down his attempts at winning. I'm not sure I ever really hated him, however. It was more of a "Goddamn you! noreallyiloveyou--" relationship. He is a great court room rival, and his back story is not just a petty attempt at a 'tragic back story'. Usually, when some characters have a back story, it's like squeezing a lemon into coke -- you squeeze it over and over until it's dry, and in the end; it didn't need the lemon, and it just tastes bad and unfitting. However, more often than that; you have five cups of coke, and you pour an even amount of sugar into three of those cups, but by that time; you've used up all the sugar without putting enough into the other two side-characters. Basically, sometimes certain characters get the short end of the stick, story wise.

What I like about Edgeworth's story is that,

Spoiler: Spoiler just in case
Edgeworth beats himself up over DL-6. However, instead of using some pathetic excuse to say 'that's why he's bitter', they instead give him trivial little phobias, such as elevators and earthquakes.

I like Edgeworth because he's intelligent, unbiased, and quite-frankly; his "think logically, evaluate everything before making a decision has made him a great role model for me.

And by god, is he a good rival!

N3OPHYT3 L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

I'll be honest, I only pop by here occasionally, but I actually think about Miles and talk about him quite often. Uh... it might not be an exaggeration to say that 90% of my brain and heart space is dedicated to Miles. I discuss him in a very personal sense only with close friends that understand how I feel. I know that out of all the places on the internet, this would be the one place that would get me 100%, and I've kind of brought up my issues before, but... come on. You all don't want to read that shit, believe me. It's fucking awful.

So I only post when there's an actual topic of discussion going on.

Ganbatte, minna!

Quote:
Spoiler:
Okay, you're gonna want to go to 'www.youku.com'. It's a Chinese site, so copy/paste this: 宝塚X逆转裁判
in the search box.
Then click on the video that comes up in the results. Then a blue box will come up, and you have to type a password or something. Type 'tgbus', and click on the left button and it SHOULD play.
Edgey's first song is @ about 25 minutes. :3
And no English subtitles. There ARE subtitles, but they're in kanji. But it's still fun to watch.

HOLY JEBUS THANK YOU FOR THISSSS!!!! I found the 2nd and 3rd ones via your reference as well! T^T *can now die happy*

Running in the Shadows.

Oh...Honestly it's kinda hard to say, why do I love him. Well...I'm only finishing the first game, but Miles seems to me like a strong personality. He is like Sherlock a bit. Not quite ordinary man.

Ace GalPal :D

Can I just sayi love the fact that tHis thread is still going? Hello all! I just finished my second playthrough of GK

Siggy Made By Nadindi Avii Made By the Lovely Chloe

A Kirby and AA fan

Allie_Fey wrote:
Can I just sayi love the fact that tHis thread is still going? Hello all! I just finished my second playthrough of GK

Considering the last post was pretty much exactly a year and a half ago, I don't know if that qualifies as "still going"

But by saying it kept going, she kept it going. And now it's going :D

Going for Miles wrote:

Leave it to someone named "Going for Miles" to point that out... :think: :edgey:

...NAILED IT

Heehee. :edgey:

Ace GalPal :D

Nurio wrote:
Considering the last post was pretty much exactly a year and a half ago, I don't know if that qualifies as "still going"

:yogi: technicalities.

Going for Miles wrote:

:edgey: :edgey: indeed!

Siggy Made By Nadindi Avii Made By the Lovely Chloe

So with the anime in full swing, I have to say the hotness factor of Edgey has reached new levels. Not so much in weirdly drawn body proportions, but I really enjoy watching all the awkwardness on screen.

One of my favorite Ace Attorney moments was when Edgeworth returned in 2-4 as a man who had learned much since his disappearance. He acknowledged von Karma as his mentor, but was no longer clinging to the teachings or the desperate need for a perfect win record. He'd gotten his act together, and was willing to help friends and take charge of a bad situation when necessary.

I can't wait to see how the anime handles his return.

...NAILED IT

arsenicCatnip

I started loving him in 1-3. In 1-2 I just thought of him as an 'iin2ufferable priick', and when he objected in 1-3 I thought: 'And what do YOU want again?' and then I was surprised.

Happy Maria

Aw hell yea. Amazingly well developed character and definitely one of my favourite AA characters,period. I actually quite like him in the AAI games too,believe it or not. Just great and overall well rounded character imo.

Ultimate Godot Fan

One of my favorites out of the original cast, and the investigations cast. Easily one of the more developed characters, if not the most developed character. :edgeworth:
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over." -Godot, 2019.

His character development in the trilogy is amazing and resonated with me a lot the first time I went through the trilogy as an 18-year-old. AAI and AAI2, though... in my opinion, he feels like a stiff cardboard caricature version of what he was in the trilogy to the point where headcanoning him being drunk off his ass in these games will probably make them a lot more enjoyable for me next time I play them. I think the problem is, like so often with Yamazaki, that there's a lack of deeper understanding of the Takumi-created characters resulting in them being reduced to staples of traits rather than more full-fledged characters. That being said, I absolutely think he was redeemed in DD and SoJ, where he feels like a trustworthy companion. Getting to play as him in 3-5 remains my favourite part of that case (and shows what him as a player character could, and in my opinion should, have been in the investigations games). I've probably said most of this before in other places and this thread but it was too long ago since I really thought about Edgeworth. Going through the trilogy according to the dates the cases take place, I long for next year when I'll see him again in 2-4, although I think I'll replay Spirit of Justice before that. So until next time, Edgey.
Page 481 of 481 [ 19237 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 477, 478, 479, 480, 481

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby