Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)

Page 1 of 1[ 21 posts ]

Justine...(SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Always a hostile witness

Does anyone else think she should have been arrested or stripped of her title? I played through the whole game, and, while she came around in the beginning, we had to deal with three cases of her BS and outright illegal behavior.

Why is it that when Justine was revealed to be a person of interest in Case 4 with Jill's death, she wasn't immediately accused of trying to pin the crime on Kay? She got off way to easy.
Re: Justine...(SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

What behavior was illegal? She was opposing Edgeworth because his behavior was breaching his powers as a Prosecutor

1000% Knight

She has friends in high places. Problem explained :)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Always a hostile witness

JesusMonroe wrote:
What behavior was illegal? She was opposing Edgeworth because his behavior was breaching his powers as a Prosecutor

Well, there's the whole pinning the crime on Larry in Case 3, the hiding of the evidence in Case 4 (when even a child could see the inconsistency of the letter as evidence), and, as I mentioned, covering up her own actions and trying to pin Jill's death on Kay. Not to mention, when Edgeworth did her job for her and solved the case, she just acted like a total bitch.

It was so satisfying to watch Edgeworth, Ray, or Franziska take her down a peg.

None of those actions are illegal

Always a hostile witness

JesusMonroe wrote:
None of those actions are illegal

It's legal to hide evidence and immediately excuse yourself as a suspect?

Matt620 wrote:
It's legal to hide evidence

No, but she didn't. As soon as Edgeworth brought up the ID Card list, she said she was one of the names on it

Quote:
and immediately excuse yourself as a suspect?

This is legal and the ID list was hardly enough to warrant her as a suspect

Always a hostile witness

JesusMonroe wrote:
Matt620 wrote:
It's legal to hide evidence

No, but she didn't. As soon as Edgeworth brought up the ID Card list, she said she was one of the names on it

When she brought him the ID card list, she didn't do this.

Quote:
and immediately excuse yourself as a suspect?

This is legal and the ID list was hardly enough to warrant her as a suspect

She's rushed to convict people (i.e, Larry in Case 3) with less. It's also highly and massively illegal to excuse yourself as a suspect in a murder.

She brought him the ID list, but once Edgeworth mentioned that the murderer had to enter the room before the victim did, she admitted it. She didn't confess until it was relevant to the case, so she never lied. She even brings up after that what she was doing was confidential and the fact that she has no motive. Accusing Larry wasn't illegal. In the AA series, people get charged for murder on flimsy evidence all the time, but there's a difference between accusing a high ranking Judge and a painter with a criminal history

It's not "massively illegal" to excuse yourself as a suspect in a murder? Constitutional right, actually. It's the 4th amendment. If you say it's illegal, name the law she's breaking

What point are you trying to make, though?

I can't be the only one with this ship?

Thats the fifth amendment

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I don't know if she should've been stripped of her title, but yeah she was full of BS. I think she's one of the worst main characters ever in an Ace Attorney game. Completely bland.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

EdgeworthxOldbag wrote:
Thats the fifth amendment

Fourth amendment. Fifth amendment is the right to refuse to offer information that could incriminate yourself. Fourth amendment covers a lot of areas, mostly under unreasonable searches and seizures. If the police (or Edgeworth) doesn't have enough evidence to issue an arrest warrant on Justine, then she has the absolute right to waive his accusations and "excuse" herself of being a suspect

Servant of the Goddess of Law

linkenski wrote:
I don't know if she should've been stripped of her title, but yeah she was full of BS. I think she's one of the worst main characters ever in an Ace Attorney game. Completely bland.

I wouldn't go that far, I for one absolutely adored her

I liked her as well. It seemed like they were going the predictable route with her but she ended up being on the law's side all along. She wanted the truth and to get her own boss the justice he deserved. She's pretty admirable. Sure, she wasn't as entertaining as Lang or Debeste, but she was still a very good rival and a great character

A Kirby and AA fan

I always presumed that Justine did all these objectionable things because she was ordered to do so by Blaise. Justine had no choice but to play along until she finally saw the moment to turn against him (which she did in Case 4).
She waited all this time for Edgeworth to get to the point where he'd suspect Blaise of wrongdoings, and when he was close, Justine even tried to help Edgeworth while trying to make Blaise not notice it.

Matt620 wrote:
Not to mention, when Edgeworth did her job for her and solved the case

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a judge's job to solve cases.

Always a hostile witness

JesusMonroe wrote:
She brought him the ID list, but once Edgeworth mentioned that the murderer had to enter the room before the victim did, she admitted it. She didn't confess until it was relevant to the case, so she never lied. She even brings up after that what she was doing was confidential and the fact that she has no motive. Accusing Larry wasn't illegal. In the AA series, people get charged for murder on flimsy evidence all the time, but there's a difference between accusing a high ranking Judge and a painter with a criminal history

It's not "massively illegal" to excuse yourself as a suspect in a murder? Constitutional right, actually. It's the 4th amendment. If you say it's illegal, name the law she's breaking

What point are you trying to make, though?

Larry actually doesn't have a criminal history: He's been relieved of charges each and every time.

Having no motive is not an excuse: By that point, it's already been proven Kay's motive relies upon fabricated evidence.

Being a judge is not an excuse.

Only the police gets to decide who is not a suspect and who isn't. She cannot be arrested without cause, but, as a person of interest, she would be immediately removed from authority on the case, and, given that she has introduced fabricated evidence, be punished for it. Her excuse boils down to "I am a judge", which is pathetic.

I know you like the character, but what she did was illegal.

1000% Knight

dat necro

Matt620 wrote:
Only the police gets to decide who is not a suspect and who isn't. She cannot be arrested without cause, but, as a person of interest, she would be immediately removed from authority on the case, and, given that she has introduced fabricated evidence, be punished for it. Her excuse boils down to "I am a judge", which is pathetic.

I know you like the character, but what she did was illegal.

It's clearly not illegal in the AA legal system
(just like perjury)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gettin' Old!

At the time Edgeworth had less authority than she did to make an arrest seeing how she was under investigation. Besides Edgeworth didn't have enough of a case to warrant it.

It'd be entirely against Edgeworth's philosophy to arrest someone at relative random then build the case on them later.

The ID thing wasn't enough to go on. If she excuses herself and Edgeworth chooses not to pursue legal pathways its because its not really beneficial.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

It's not like she actually arrested someone for any murder. She just accused them, and normally with a reasoning behind it(pretty weak, yes, but we've seen people put on trial with a weakest case. 1-3, 4-3, etc.).

And don't forget that technically Sebastian was the one in charge and she was just counseling him. He would be probably the one to pay the consequences for any fishy actions.

Always a hostile witness

luck wrote:
It's not like she actually arrested someone for any murder. She just accused them, and normally with a reasoning behind it(pretty weak, yes, but we've seen people put on trial with a weakest case. 1-3, 4-3, etc.).

And don't forget that technically Sebastian was the one in charge and she was just counseling him. He would be probably the one to pay the consequences for any fishy actions.

Actually, she did. She arrests Kay in Case 4, despite the fact that the evidence was forged (more importantly, it was evidence she introduced. As a suspect in the case, the fact that she fingers someone else with false evidence is incredibly damning. Phoenix was disbarred for less.

As for Sebastian, he did not introduce the evidence. Justine did. Sebastian did his job, Justine committed a crime.

Matt620 wrote:
luck wrote:

Actually, she did. She arrests Kay in Case 4, despite the fact that the evidence was forged (more importantly, it was evidence she introduced. As a suspect in the case, the fact that she fingers someone else with false evidence is incredibly damning. Phoenix was disbarred for less.

As for Sebastian, he did not introduce the evidence. Justine did. Sebastian did his job, Justine committed a crime.

She didn't arrest Kay, she just told Blaise that she was the main suspect and he arrested her. And the arrest was based in a lot more than the fake letter. Said letter was found in the crime scene, presumably by a police officer, so it was legal evidence. And all she did was introducing it in an unofficial discussion about the case when nobody knew that it was forged and before becoming a suspect. Nothing of that is illegal.
Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)