Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 1 of 1[ 13 posts ]

Splodey's SpritesTopic%20Title

I like to pretend I can art.

I've sort of been a lurker for a while, been trying my hand at sprite editing once I got involved in a blog with an Ace Attorney theme and the different mods have needed different reactions. I'm opening this thread to dump what I have and maybe get ideas on how to improve and future projects.

Since the Wright Mod used his coffee sprite to react to all fan love, my first goal was to make a coffee sprite for every character that represented a mod on the blog. Be forewarned these vary wildly in quality and I'm already working on remaking at least half of them. In no particular order...
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

I animated Phoenix's Nightmare Judge, made a Young Gumshoe coloured "lost" animation, and made a set of Manfred front sprites without him holing anything (though I know I'm not even close to the first to do so)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

A reaction animations I made for the blog (mostly Edgeworth because I'm the Edgeworth mod).
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Edgeworth and Wright with weirdly-coloured hair because I got bored one night.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage

Gumworth (who looks great) and Edgeshoe (who looks really misproportioned but I swear is the same size as Edgeworth's normal sprites.)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage

Any finally, a couple Phoenix sprites doing Edgeworth animations.
Spoiler:
ImageImage

I know these aren't the best things in the world but I'm really proud of (most of) them, which is a strange feeling for me. I just wanted to get my work out there. No need to credit me if you want to do anything with them. If there's anything glaringly wrong with any of them, except the coffee sprites I already know those are wrong, please point it out. I'm happy to receive criticism and I'm more than willing to take requests.

Edit: 7-7-15, added more images

Last edited by Splodey_Goat on Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Splodey's SpritesTopic%20Title

Art Person

First of all Welcome! :basil:
You shouldn't talk yourself down so much! I think your edits all look great! (I love the ones of Phoenix doing Edgey's poses!)

You edited the coffee cups into their hands really well too! (Most people try to scratch sprite a hand and botch it, but you cleverly picked the frames and they work really well!)

You have every right to be proud too! I'm the same. I feel proud when I finish a sprite, and sometimes I can't believe I made it XD

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I'm particularly a fan of Gumshoe in Edgeworth's outfit. Change the palette a bit, remove the bandage, and alter a couple of facial features (namely, the nose and mouth), and you'd have a pretty sweet OC on your hands.

SuperAj3 wrote:
You shouldn't talk yourself down so much! I think your edits all look great! (I love the ones of Phoenix doing Edgey's poses!)

You edited the coffee cups into their hands really well too! (Most people try to scratch sprite a hand and botch it, but you cleverly picked the frames and they work really well!)

You have every right to be proud too! I'm the same. I feel proud when I finish a sprite, and sometimes I can't believe I made it XD

I've been here for an hour or so trying to figure out how to say thank you. I'm always so scared to show anyone my work, so this really means a lot to me, especially coming from someone talented like you. If you ever need anything, sprite-wise at least, I'm at your disposal.

Art Person

Splodey_Goat wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:

I've been here for an hour or so trying to figure out how to say thank you. I'm always so scared to show anyone my work, so this really means a lot to me, especially coming from someone talented like you. If you ever need anything, sprite-wise at least, I'm at your disposal.

Thanks! But I'm not talented at all :sahwit: I'm still learning a lot. And don't be afraid! The best way to learn and improve is to share your works!

Thanks for the offer! And if you need any tips/help with spriting, my door's always open :godot:

I can't draw hands to save my life.

Location: Watching you make sprites from outside your window.

These are great!

I especially like the Phoenix doing Edgey poses sprites.

You're really good! Keep up the awesome spriting!

Winter Flag Trademark

Amazing Sprites, Yo! :wave:
I like them all... Mmm, a great sprite editor. I never saw an amazing spriter in my life. Happy Spriting, and if you are in trouble on CR... Keep Calm and Ask the Superiors. :gant-clap:

If you got spriting issues, ask SuperAj3, Backburner, MercurialSK or TheDoctor about it. I recommend you talk about it to Mij (SuperAj3), as he is a good spriter. :basil:

Keep it up!! :jake:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Eh, I'm really not that great with spriting. My Thought Routes are really more animated backgrounds than sprites, and the majority of my sprite edits are only minor touch ups.

Thank you for the complement though.

I've been focusing more on original art and characters lately, which I will probably never post here unless I get around to making an AA fan game, but I wanted to update this because I have made a few more sprites for the blog recently.

New Mods means new coffee gifs
ImageImageImage
(Let me tell you those last two took longer than you think)

And a couple extra reaction images for Edgeworth, which I'll probably never use.
Getting pecked Image and desk slamming extra dramatically Image

Art Person

Great work! Edgey being pecked at is priceless XD

That edgey one is so funny XD
You did a good job with these, especially with the Vera one !

An attorney with iluminaty powers!

Nice spries! I like them!:will:

I think all of the characters need coffee(?)

And edgey looks so funny being pecked xD
"The law has a lot of contradictions, but we're going to fix the law!"

ohzaru97 wrote:
Nice spries! I like them!:will:

I think all of the characters need coffee(?)

And edgey looks so funny being pecked xD

Up next on my list are Wocky Kitaki and Ron DeLite, then I plan on cleaning up my older coffee sprites, but eventually, eventually I'll do one for everyone.
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites