Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street

Page 1 of 2[ 47 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

DGS ripsTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

See further down in this thread for full-game rips.

So while I was on vacation I took the opportunity to tinker around with dumping and unpacking the DGS demo. While I didn't have a lot of time to look things over, here's some takeaways. Bear in mind this is all based off the demo; the final game might have its files laid out differently.

• The game's scripts are uncompressed; just take a look in something like Notepad++ with UTF-8 encoding and they're clear as day, if still drowning in control codes and with little indication of order like any script dump. (Of note: some extra evidence-examination dialogue is present that can't be seen in the demo, though it's just Holmes explaining the newspaper articles to Ryuunosuke and Susato. Also, the global script file has "Matta!", "Igiari!", "Kurae!", "Chotto!", "Koko da!", and "Hai!" shouts - seems like there aren't any other new shouts this game besides "Hai!")
  • The game's music seems to be in a modified MCA format; MCA was used in Resident Evil: Revelations and AA5, and while the vgmstream decoder can handle those, it produces significant noise and distortion with these (though the original song can be heard underneath the mess.) So with some tweaking, music/sound rips might be possible. (This may be a little moot given the OST's releasing barely a week after the game.)
  • There's all manner of texture files, but I'm not familiar enough with the 3DS formats to convert them.

I think I'm pretty much set up to be able to decrypt DGS once it's released - or, more likely, someone will beat me to it. Who knows? Maybe we can dredge up some interesting stuff when the game comes out.

If you want to poke around the demo yourself, you can download the unpacked files here.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: DGS rips (demo only at the moment)Topic%20Title

Winter Flag Trademark

Quote:
there aren't any other new shouts this game besides "Hai!")

Is that a greeting? :pearlshock:

Quote:
The game's music seems to be in a modified MCA format; MCA was used in Resident Evil: Revelations and AA5, and while the vgmstream decoder can handle those, it produces significant noise and distortion with these (though the original song can be heard underneath the mess.) So with some tweaking, music/sound rips might be possible. (This may be a little moot given the OST's releasing barely a week after the game.)

So it's kinda like a remixed version of an Action Game and Dual Destinies... Maybe they also added "People-Killing" part in this game? What you think?

Quote:
I think I'm pretty much set up to be able to decrypt DGS once it's released - or, more likely, someone will beat me to it. Who knows? Maybe we can dredge up some interesting stuff when the game comes out.

*ahem* The game itself is on Japanese, remember? :junie:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Hey there. Been on this forums for a long time, but finaly decided to register. Sorry if my english might be a little of, since it's not my main language.

But anyway, to the point.
Thanks for uploading those!
The music actually can be easily "fixed". Just delete 8 null bytes somewhere around offsets 000000A0-000000B0 and it's working. Tested on 2-3 files, works as charm. Guess they just added some new variables.

Edit: It looks like the arc files might be unencrypted. So... if anyone interested in those...

Edit2: I've uploaded already converted music files. Here is the link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKI1zVsk7A3MTYzRUFXX2JiSGc/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by Satoshi54 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Ace Pointer wrote:
Quote:
there aren't any other new shouts this game besides "Hai!")

Is that a greeting? :pearlshock:

Nope - it's essentially like he's yelling "SIR!" Ryuunosuke uses it throughout the first case, when he's still just a student in a big-time courtroom.

Quote:
So it's kinda like a remixed version of an Action Game and Dual Destinies... Maybe they also added "People-Killing" part in this game? What you think?

...I certainly hope Capcom isn't basing their genres off their music file formats. :yogi:

Quote:
*ahem* The game itself is on Japanese, remember? :junie:

...Yes, it is. I'm not really sure what you're saying here.

Satoshi54 wrote:
Hey there. Been on this forums for a long time, but finaly decided to register. Sorry if my english might be a little of, since it's not my main language.

But anyway, to the point.
Thanks for uploading those!
The music actually can be easily "fixed". Just delete 8 null bytes somewhere around offsets 000000A0-000000B0 and it's working. Tested on 2-3 files, works as charm. Guess they just added some new variables.

Edit: It looks like the arc files might be unencrypted. So... if anyone interested in those...

Edit2: I've uploaded already converted music files. Here is the link
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByKI1zVsk7A3MTYzRUFXX2JiSGc

Nice! I didn't have a ton of time to look into the files. Interested to see if the final game ever makes use of those extra bytes. That said, you've left that link on private - you'll have to generate a shareable link.

Also interesting: the voice clips seem to use yet another variation of MCA - tweaking the spacer of nulls a bit into the file will make the output more legible, but still corrupt.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Bolt Storm wrote:
That said, you've left that link on private - you'll have to generate a shareable link.

Whoops, my bad! Never used google for file storage before. :oops: Should work now.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKI1zVsk7A3MTYzRUFXX2JiSGc/view?usp=sharing

Bolt Storm wrote:
Also interesting: the voice clips seem to use yet another variation of MCA - tweaking the spacer of nulls a bit into the file will make the output more legible, but still corrupt.

Deleting 24 bytes "fixed" them for me.

Winter Flag Trademark

Sorry for the long delay, Bolt.

Quote:
...Yes, it is. I'm not really sure what you're saying here.

Just said in case if you know Japanese or not. Otherwise it would've been impossible to rip Materials out of Dai Gyakuten Saiban. Or no Foreign Language Experience is needed and only Programming Skills is required for Ripping them? :lana:

元・超会社員級の管理人

Satoshi54 wrote:
Deleting 24 bytes "fixed" them for me.

Cool - I'll take a look.

Ace Pointer wrote:
Just said in case if you know Japanese or not. Otherwise it would've been impossible to rip Materials out of Dai Gyakuten Saiban. Or no Foreign Language Experience is needed and only Programming Skills is required for Ripping them? :lana:

Ah! Well, I do speak Japanese pretty well, but when it comes to something like this, knowing language of the game you're ripping isn't a necessity. It can help, since oftentimes filenames and the like will be left in their original language, but most of the work has to do with programming knowledge.

Also, I'm digging into the game a bit more. The .arc files it uses are also used in GS5, and seem to be a simple filestructure (no compression on the contained files, as far as I can tell, but I haven't actually written a script to unpack them.) But more interestingly, there's some stuff I've found poking around various files:

Spoiler: Possible spoilers
"table.arc" has references to "scenario00" - "scenario10". While I doubt there's actually 11 episodes in the game, between this and the fact they've shown us 4 episodes already, I wonder if DGS is going for more, shorter episodes?

"snd_script_jpn.arc" has references to various characters' shouts:
  • Ryuunosuke has "Igiari!" "Igiari! (novice)", "Matta!", "Kurae!", "Chotto!", "Koko da!", and "Hai!"
  • Holmes has "Igiari!" and "Matta!"
  • Susato has "Igiari!" and "Matta!"

Will continue digging a little later...

Well, I was able to pull out the MCA files in the voice clip archive, but these ones really don't want to play nice with vgstream. I wonder if there's some additional compression on them (though that would be strange, since the header parts of these MCA are uncompressed.) If someone wants to take a crack at them, I've uploaded them here.

(Note I haven't written a full ARC extractor for DGS - this was a special case I could do since the only thing in that ARC was MCA files.)

Wooster wrote:

From what we've seen so far, I agree that the cases in this game could be shorter but higher in number. E.g. in case 2 there doesn't seem to be any court scene whatsoever and in case 3 I haven't seen a single screen that suggests there is an investigation. I think case 4 could be the first full length case in the game (with two trial days).

I expect at least 6 cases now, but there could be more. Takumi also said in the interview that he likes the first 12 Sherlock Holmes short stories the most.

Art Person

Wait... there are rips! :basil:
*eagerly downloads the files*
Have you guys got any 3D models? Or am I getting ahead of myself?
Also I kinda want to read the script. I played the demo on a friend's 3DS, but it was hard for me to read, so having the scripts'd be handy!

元・超会社員級の管理人

SuperAj3 wrote:
Wait... there are rips! :basil:
*eagerly downloads the files*
Have you guys got any 3D models? Or am I getting ahead of myself?
Also I kinda want to read the script. I played the demo on a friend's 3DS, but it was hard for me to read, so having the scripts'd be handy!

Easy there! The models and textures are still packed away in archive files that need to be extracted, and then we'd need a way to actually convert the models/textures into something that can be used on your average PC.

That said, the script is easily readable - just open up the files in the "script" directory and view them with UTF-8 encoding. (Use something like Notepad++).

Wooster wrote:

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

If I can say one thing about the musical rips, I can say that if this is the quality in the DEMO then the music of the actual OST when it'll be released/ripped will be astronomical.
The tracks themselves are very well made, the usage of the strings in each song is bar excellent. The track called holmes_suiri stands out to me as the main violin duets with what I can assume a cello, leading to a very well made theme.

Overall these are absolutely breath-taking to the amount of detail and care that were put into these tracks, I have high hopes for the official soundtrack.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Stayed up later than I should have decrypting the final game. Haven't had much chance to look around, but the music's all there! Will start posting rips tomorrow night, hopefully.

Wooster wrote:

Oh right, this was a thing.

I seriously can't wait. Also can you sort the music in folders? Trial themes, character themes, spoiler themes, etc? Would be nice.
~UltrawaveStudios~

mca to wav audio rip came out to about 1.4gb for me

Scripts still look to be in plain-text too

Art Person

Bolt Storm wrote:
Stayed up later than I should have decrypting the final game. Haven't had much chance to look around, but the music's all there! Will start posting rips tomorrow night, hopefully.

Ooh! Thank you so much Bolt! I've been itchin' to hear the music!

Sherlock Holmes moved here.

Last edited by CE53 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Beautiful flower

Very neat, thank you for posting these! :maya:
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread

Winter Flag Trademark

@CE53: #NowGoAheadAndMakeASpriteThread

CE53 wrote:
Have some Sherlock Holmes. Use him for whatever just please give credit.

IDLE:

TALKING:

How did you do that?!!! That's awesome!! How did you do that? Do you have any more? Is it the arc files? Does that mean we can do the same for Dual Destinies? Because, you know, Simon Blackquill sprites/models...

Art Person

CE53 wrote:
Have some Sherlock Holmes. Use him for whatever just please give credit.

IDLE:
*Various animations of awesomeness*

You sir, are a god.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Sorry for the delay on this. Sound rips! (Though the OST is scheduled to release in a day or two anyway...)

WAV format
MP3 format
MCA format - eg. direct from the rom

Wooster wrote:

*wonk*

Bolt Storm wrote:
Sorry for the delay on this. Sound rips! (Though the OST is scheduled to release in a day or two anyway...)

WAV format
MP3 format

Hey uh... would it be possible if someone translated some of the song names? Sorry if asking too much. :payne:

Thanks anyway, Bolt! You're a blessing!
yes

Tilemaxosbra wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

WAV format
MP3 format

Hey uh... would it be possible if someone translated some of the song names? Sorry if asking too much. :payne:

Thanks anyway, Bolt! You're a blessing!

I'm uploading the translated titles now. I guess Bolt left out some spoiler songs, seeing how some songs from a YouTube channel don't appear to be on it, so I guess you don't have to worry about that.
~UltrawaveStudios~

元・超会社員級の管理人

...? I think I missed two small musical bits in the wav/MP3 package related to a breakdown, but all the full songs should be there that were in the sound\stream\bgm folder.

Wooster wrote:

*wonk*

UltrawaveStudios wrote:
I'm uploading the translated titles now. I guess Bolt left out some spoiler songs, seeing how some songs from a YouTube channel don't appear to be on it, so I guess you don't have to worry about that.

Ah, thanks a bunch!
yes

http://www.mediafire.com/download/htn3t ... TE_RIP.zip
Enjoy. There are some songs that have their titles untouched, but they're character themes, and I just forgot their full names.
~UltrawaveStudios~

UltrawaveStudios wrote:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/htn3t6deg891b4f/COMPLETE_RIP.zip
Enjoy. There are some songs that have their titles untouched, but they're character themes, and I just forgot their full names.

The files have been taken down.
Signature loading, please wait...

cesar26100 wrote:
UltrawaveStudios wrote:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/htn3t6deg891b4f/COMPLETE_RIP.zip

The files have been taken down.

My files? They look okay, at least for me...
~UltrawaveStudios~

It says it was blocked due to a violation of the terms of service...
Signature loading, please wait...

cesar26100 wrote:
It says it was blocked due to a violation of the terms of service...

Well damn.
~UltrawaveStudios~
Re: DGS ripsTopic%20Title

Asougi moved here.

Last edited by CE53 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winter Flag Trademark

You really should start creating a sprite thread, CE53.

Ace Pointer wrote:
You really should start creating a sprite thread, CE53.

When I first posted this stuff, I was told to place it here and not a sprite thread gg :/

Winter Flag Trademark

Understood.
Post in here and to your own sprite thread as well. :wave:

"CE53's DGS Sprite Rips" Lol.

Kinda Necroing but was anyone able to extract any of the sound effects yet?

Sound effects? Textures? Models? Anyone?
~UltrawaveStudios~

Art Person

UltrawaveStudios wrote:

People haven't started on DD yet, so I don't think there's an easy way to rip those sorts of things let alone convert them into a useful format.

Tea time.

SuperAj3 wrote:
UltrawaveStudios wrote:

People haven't started on DD yet, so I don't think there's an easy way to rip those sorts of things let alone convert them into a useful format.

We have actually, at least the Textures and models. Here's one I rendered.

The best part is they have facial flexes and they're already skinned. I'll be porting Athena & Trucy into Source Film Maker soon.

Few things to note, there are tons of extra model limbs such as extra fingers, extra facial masks. For example the pointing finger is extremely large, probably for more of a stylized effect from our camera point of view.

Digits (Fingers) aren't completely skinned, as they're switched out to pre-made hand gestures

Bones aren't IK rigged (of course since they're ripped straight from the game)

Black Outline effects are present

DLC Models are still in the process of being converted, we have models just not the textures from what I was told

元・超会社員級の管理人

That's actually very cool! When you say 'we', what group are you talking about? Something on GBATemp? Elsewhere? While it wouldn't be exactly the same as in-game, we could look into adding that work to the main site (with credit) if y'all're interested.

More on-topic: DGS event cuts, character/evidence sprites, and voice clips have been ripped, just not added to the site yet. Stay tuned...

Wooster wrote:

Art Person

dirtypantsdan wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
UltrawaveStudios wrote:

We have actually, at least the Textures and models. Here's one I rendered.

The best part is they have facial flexes and they're already skinned. I'll be porting Athena & Trucy into Source Film Maker soon.

Few things to note, there are tons of extra model limbs such as extra fingers, extra facial masks. For example the pointing finger is extremely large, probably for more of a stylized effect from our camera point of view.

Digits (Fingers) aren't completely skinned, as they're switched out to pre-made hand gestures

Bones aren't IK rigged (of course since they're ripped straight from the game)

Black Outline effects are present

DLC Models are still in the process of being converted, we have models just not the textures from what I was told

Oh wow! Where are these up for download? I've been longing for someone to post this in the DD resources page in the sprite thread, but to no avail... It's seems the time has come! :acro:
Page 1 of 2 [ 47 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street