Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 23 posts ]

Godot: Turnabout JazzTopic%20Title

I need collaborators for a case I'm making for Godot called Turnabout Jazz. The main idea for the project is that its a case for Godot and It replaces all the back ground music to jazz versions. I need anyone who can handle animations and designs like through gimp or photoshop, or someone to atleast try lol and also help me out on the story ideas and grammar.

I had this idea for quite a while, I'm looking for anyone who is willing to help for the sake of :godot: . Percentage wise how far I am to finishing the game is like 45% if I don't add any other ideas.
I'm no liar I actually worked on the project, part of it is done on ace attorney online if you wanna check it out just ask me its not entirely done so its in demo.

I feel like Capcom made it too sad for Godot and he needs something to redeem himself so that's what this case is for.

Story so far
Spoiler:
After the last case from Trials and Tribulations Godot returns to be an attorney and takes on a case with Phoenix, your defendent is a famous jazz musician who is accused of murdering another famous jazz musician. The prosecutor for the case is young Klavier Gavin, The best old cool vs new cool battle.
Re: Godot: Turnabout JazzTopic%20Title

Quick Update:

The guy who made the sprites is yklavi, I couldnt find him at first. But now since I looked it up its just a really really old post where he edited them. All i did was crop them. Thats better im not a jerk.
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

Last edited by invaderdimz on Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Winter Flag Trademark

Those Young Klavier sprites look pretty cool! ...Except if I remember, I probably have seen sprites like those somewhere before. Are you sure you're not stealing their arts? I mean... Come on, they have published this art on the Custom Sprites thread there at the CR.net. Wait, but that one had two poses, but exactly like these, remember..?

Just hoping you're not stealing sprites. Stealing Sprites is an Offense itself, so if I were you, I'd credit them. :maya-thought:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Done, I would probably be boned on that case if it wasnt for that guy's sprites. Wanted to have Godot and klavier meet face to face.

Newer update, A Teaser for the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5IGge4hTaw

Winter Flag Trademark

Hmm... Granted, but you'll need to explain to the audience later how Godot became a Defense Attorney, and on top of that... got out from Jail, especially since he was sent to prison as the murderer of Elise Deauxnim on 3-5.

In other words, he was sent to prison in 2019, when Prosecutor Gavin decided to go for the court.

Dracarys!

invaderdimz wrote:
Newer update, A Teaser for the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5IGge4hTaw

I'd highly recommend spell checking before you officially release the case.

That was just a test really, the teaser. I was thinking converting the case to pywright, but does it have glitches as well compared to AAO?

Ace Pointer wrote:
Hmm... Granted, but you'll need to explain to the audience later how Godot became a Defense Attorney, and on top of that... got out from Jail, especially since he was sent to prison as the murderer of Elise Deauxnim on 3-5.

In other words, he was sent to prison in 2019, when Prosecutor Gavin decided to go for the court.

If they really said he went to prison i'm cadoodled.

I think I will just make a flashback explaining it:
Spoiler:
Phoenix defended Godot after the Elise Deauxnim case and got a not guilty verdict through self defense, but Godot still sickened about himself quits being a prosecutor and takes a leave of absence for about 4 months.

Neither PyWright or AAO really have "glitches" (if you're careful enough and test things through) - it's just a matter of what you want.

AAO is great if you have no experience in coding and lets you do things relatively fast, but lacks the customization and the level of polish you'd want to have (that's not to say it has no polish at all - it's gotten quite far in terms of that, actually, but still not quite there). Another downside would be that you'd have to upload all the custom content somewhere. But in return, people wouldn't have anything to download, which could potentially help you reach a wider audience.

Now, PyWright is there if you WANT to have everything in one "package" and not have to rely on hosting services. In addition, you can do some really cool stuff presentation-wise. How fast you go on PyWright really depends on you. Keep in mind that unlike AAO, you'd probably have to do a lot of testing a scene checking yourself (because... it's all code). In addition, you can probably do some neater stuff in terms of gameplay (like minigames and etc. - those are still possible in AAO but also require coding and a lot of custom content to be uploaded, so I'd say it's generally a better idea to do them in PyWright).

Still - on Ropfa's point - it's BECAUSE it's a preview that you should pay attention to the grammar and spelling and whatnot. It'll show people early on that's what they can expect from the finished product and put faith into your project. If you don't, then they will expect the exact opposite, which isn't really good for anyone.
That one guy from AAO that made about a dozen cases that all kinda go off the deep end and fall apart at one point or another.

Ace Pointer wrote:

I don't see them officially saying he went to jail. So I'm good

DudeWithAMask wrote:
Neither PyWright or AAO really have "glitches" (if you're careful enough and test things through) - it's just a matter of what you want.

I mean glitches as like on AAO as you can see from the teaser Godot twitches when he was shaking his head and he also flooo across the screen.
I seen like alot of glitches on AAO for example when I tried to play Mia Fey - Ace Spirit Attorney on AAO it was super glitchy with like mia being in the same bench as payne.

I know it will take longer to code because I used renpy before and I took a coding class recently, but I want to know if it will be solid and not have funny glitches.

And I already made part of the case on AAO like a big part of it :spit:

Winter Flag Trademark

invaderdimz wrote:
Ace Pointer wrote:

I don't see them officially saying he went to jail. So I'm good

NO. They said it in such a matter so that noone would be able to understand. You just didn't understand. Tell you what, take a look at THIS! Look what I got from the AA Wikia:

Godot's Biodata, Ace Attorney Wikia wrote:
Names in other languages
=======================
Japanese 神乃木荘龍 (Souryuu Kaminogi) / ゴドー (Godot)
French Diego Armando / Godot
German Diego Armando / Godot
Spanish Diego Armando / Godot
Italian Diego Armando / Godot
=======================
Biological information
==============
Designated birth year(s)? 1985-1986
Deduced birthday range Feb. 17 - Aug. 27, 1985
Age 27 - 33
Status Alive (arrested)
Eye color Unknown (originally brown)
Hair color White (originally black)
Height 6'1"; 185 cm
==============

The Bio itself said "Arrested".

Proof positive to say Godot has been sent to Jail. Speaking of which, if he wasn't sent to Jail, why he didn't made an appearance in the Credits? Huh? Why didn't he? Just try answering that question, Lunatic. And if you're gonna ask about Franziska, she did. On the previous game. Even Edgeworth did on the first game. But lookie-lookie. No Godot in T&T Credits. Proof saying that the prosecutor was sent to Jail.

How glitchy the PyWright case is will probably depend entirely on you and your attention to detail.

(That's not to say everything in PyWright works perfectly - it doesn't, but there are always ways around it).

Also, I think the "glitch" in the preview is just you setting the timer a bit longer than it should be. The slight "head-turn" is just the animation re-setting, but then being cut off with the coffee drinking one. (At least, I think so - I'm not entirely sure).

@Ace Pointer:
Geez, there you go with the "lunatic" thing again.

The AA wiki is made by people who played the games. Now, the games never intended for it to continue or to have Godot set free or something. So, yes, judging by the games alone, it's merely logical to assume he's been sent to jail. What he's doing is adding more stuff to the canon. It's not like he's the writer of AA and he didn't set-up this game in the credits of the actual game...
That one guy from AAO that made about a dozen cases that all kinda go off the deep end and fall apart at one point or another.

Ace Pointer wrote:
Proof positive to say Godot has been sent to Jail. Speaking of which, if he wasn't sent to Jail, why he didn't made an appearance in the Credits? Huh? Why didn't he? Just try answering that question, Lunatic. And if you're gonna ask about Franziska, she did. On the previous game. Even Edgeworth did on the first game. But lookie-lookie. No Godot in T&T Credits. Proof saying that the prosecutor was sent to Jail.

Hold it! I would not support the wikia as full proof. And they still never officially said what happened to him, and not including him into the credits makes it even more mysterious.

Winter Flag Trademark

That still doesn't make any sense! He was sent to prison for being a murderer. Replay 3-5, and this time, read all the words line-by-line, by detail-by-detail. Godot was sent to prison for murder. Besides, if that's what not really happened, then someone made a really good fangame that you should really want to try out, then how did they could create that fangame?

Look, it's probably me or you're someone who thinks Godot, a murderer but a gentleman, was set free. Once again. They officially said Godot was sent to prison. After all, in the final trial in 3-5, they said it. As for not appearing to the credits... I don't need to say WHY.

Before I call you a Lunatic once again, replay 3-5 for accept my words. Besides, I'm pretty damn sure the Wikia itself is accurate. :dahlia:

DudeWithAMask wrote:
Also, I think the "glitch" in the preview is just you setting the timer a bit longer than it should be. The slight "head-turn" is just the animation re-setting, but then being cut off with the coffee drinking one. (At least, I think so - I'm not entirely sure).

I tried many things when I was doing that teaser to do the whole animation of the cup sliding to him and him shaking his head. Its inconsistent sometimes he would shake his head and other times he wouldn't, every time I reloaded the trial random animations wouldn't go through properly. One time the judge just turned in his head a little bit and then stopped lol.

He simply thought Godot went to jail? Unless you provide full Proof without a shadow of doubt he went to jail, than my plot still works. And the case already broke :payne: It froze when Klavier slammed his fist to the wall.

Winter Flag Trademark

Really now.

I'm still in my fact. Godot was sent in prison, and you're contradicting Post-T&T. Meh, if that's what you want, be my guest, but don't bother whining when people later ask you why and how he became a defense attorney, especially since he had to be prison that time, blahblahblah...

I'm still staying with my fact, and with my FACT!
...I rest my case, your honor.

*Curtsies and Leaves*

Ace Pointer wrote:
Really now.

I'm still in my fact. Godot was sent in prison, and you're contradicting Post-T&T. Meh, if that's what you want, be my guest, but don't bother whining when people later ask you why and how he became a defense attorney, especially since he had to be prison that time, blahblahblah...

I'm still staying with my fact, and with my FACT!
...I rest my case, your honor.

*Curtsies and Leaves*

The whole case is a what if anyways and alot of people make what if cases, the case you just showed is what if Godot had a trial with klavier and edgeworth.

I'm Just making this case because no1 else gave Godot a second chance or made a case for him, playing as him. :larry: his story was too sad.

Newer newer update: I finished editing the other klavier gifs by yklavi, but I need help with the scripting for klavier.

Yayer editing skills getting better. I made a Godot removed mask sprite and im going to make more of em, I used Kasu's Godot face from her sprite and changed the colors, here's her forum for her sprites http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13592 but here's her and my sprites side by side.
Spoiler:
Image Image

I was also thinking since i can't find or make a jazz version of Klaviers theme, I was thinking maybe to use the cowboy bebop intro or Black magic woman but no vocals

Gonna use this post to update on my godot sprites, So ill be editing this one post frequently :) so check it out often.
Heres a few more finished Godot sprites.. :L Tell me what ya think.
Spoiler:
Image Image Image ImageImage
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games