Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 17 of 18[ 718 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title

[Whip the cream!]

Well, well. Not a parental reaction, but since people including myself have been talking about friends and other relatives...

Was visiting my mom for a few days during easter. Had this lazy afternoon, was rewatching a playthrough of DD and the sound was on really quietly. My little kid sister came to sit on the couch, noticed the sound of Simon whistling to Taka, smiling when he did. She walked up to me to see what was going on. Ah, a guy with skunk hair. She said he was... fine/pretty/nice looking, the word is a bit hard to translate. She liked the skunk, she said. But Athena looked "annoying". I do think that my sis would like the personality of her, though. She went back, grinning each time she heard him whistling.
And apparently she asked a few questions about the skunk when she saw my Skype picture (of the skunk, that is) when she joined another sibling of mine by the computer a few weeks later. Smiled. A smile-inducing skunk.

Said sister drew a wonderful little picture of Phoenix some year ago. Think it was when I visited during christmas. It was the best, that picture. A cute little kiddie-drawing of Wright. I remember that his tie looked really good. And she gave the drawing to me. :acro:

Edit: Found it!

Spoiler:

A friend of mine thought that AA seemed like some kind of safety blanket for me when I was feeling stressed. Well, yes, one could say that, it can be very calming. So it's "my alternative safety blanket" apart from my e-cig, according to her. Yeah.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

The Enigma

My sister refuses to play AA because there's too much reading and she rathers action/platform games.

My mother, on the other hand, loves murders and mysteries and whenever I tell her about a case, she goes "Ooh! I have to watch you play it!" Problem is, she gets mixed up too easily. So she'll occasionally stop me and say, "what just happened" or "so was the witness lying?" She also doesn't understand that the games take place in the future, so when she first saw Athena using analytical psychology, she said "but that stuff isn't around in the courtrooms!" and I had to explain to her that Los Angeles jury proceedings have come a long way since then.

Funny story: I actually got my mother to play a case of AAI. She wasn't even halfway through the first testimony when she said, "screw this. I'm just going to implicate everybody. EVERYBODY IS THE MURDERER." I had to take my DS away before she threw it against a wall. She's not allowed to play AAI (or any other game) for that matter. So instead I just tell her about the murders and that satisfies her.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

[Whip the cream!]

My kid sister continuing being cute about Simon Skunk. Have been visiting mom's home this weekend, and lil' sis just came home from a camping trip. Wrote a heart underneath a little doodle of the Skunk, then wanted to learn some more about him.
-What is his name?
-Read it yourself.
-S-i-m-o-n. Like my "brother"! (It's not her brother by blood.) Does he have a brother or sister?
-A sister.
-What's her name? Can you show me a picture?
-Aura. *shows picture*
-She's cool! She's the coolest and he's the cutest. I want to be her and you to be him.
-Hehe, that sounds good. (She wants to see a picture that's next to the google image of her - the space center-picture, asks who Metis is.)
-A person who she worked with, a friend that she was in love with.
-Aha, was she in love with boys too?
-I don't know.
Then a little more talk about Aura being cool. Then she wanted to see pictures of Skunk.
-Why does he have that iron-things around his wrists?
-He was a prisoner so he had to.
-Why was he in prison?
-Because he said he did a very stupid thing.
-Why did he do that?
-He thought he had to.
Then she squeed about some gifs. He was so cute when he laughed, from the front and very much when he was petting Taka. And he was really funny when he spat the feather.

She said she wanted to play the games when she was older and I encouraged her. :edgey:

The Enigma

Your sister sounds adorable! How old is she? Must be nice to have another AA fan in the family :)
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

[Whip the cream!]

She is! She really, really is. She's eight years old. :edgey:

And another younger sibling of mine actually introduced me to the games.

Last edited by WaitingforGodot on Sun May 17, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Enigma

Wow you got her starting early haha d'awwwww

[Whip the cream!]

Yes, haha! As for now she seem to squee about some characters with me and the sibling who introduced me, so she has her influences until she starts playing herself. :sillytrucy:

Edit: Now she wanted to draw the Skunk for me! :acro:

Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!

Not completely a parental interaction, but:

I got my younger sister hooked on Ace Attorney a few weeks ago after I told her that basically every female assistant in the series acts like her. And it's completely true.

She's playing through the mobile version and she's halfway through 1-5. So far, Maya is her favorite character. It's fun texting with her about the plot but it's super difficult to not give spoilers for the later games.

And because my sister doesn't want any spoilers, I usually vented those out via texts to my mom, whom I honestly can't tell if she's interested in them. She probably is though because she's a huge murder mystery fan.

The Thinker

When I told my dad about it he was like "Oh! So you're thinking about becoming an attorney?" and I went "Not really..."

The video game boy; the one who wins

Mum came into my room as I was talking to Will Powers in detention:
- I hope that's not the hot lawyer.
- It's not.
- What are you supposed to do with him?
- He's my client.
- Your client? Oh, he's guilty. One can tell. Mr Wright, yeah right. (He was saying something like "Oh, mr Wright" right then)
Seems like she's as judging as Maya was.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

I'm laughing out loud! Oh, ma! :welly:

If my little sister becomes a member of Court records when she's older, she will have Simon as her avatar, she told me.

[Whip the cream!]

Oh, d'aww. :edgey:

Speaking of such matters: sis almost broke mom's iPad (while trying to take it from me when I visited and borrowed it) because she wanted to look at pictures of The Skunk. Apparently it was very urgent.

Redd White X Redd White is my OTP

I told my mother about the concept of a Lawyer game and she said that it sounded interesting, but I think she'd stop playing as soon as she saw The thinker dripping blood/ Cindy's dead body/Sahwit saying dammit or Mia's *ahem* ample bust.

My stepmother is training to be a lawyer so she might enjoy it. I told my father about it as well but he didn't show much reaction, I think he'd enjoy it though but I'm not sure.

I also forced one of my friends to play 1-1, he enjoyed it but said it was "really long" so I don't think there's much hope for him.

The penguin is MINE

My little sister and I are both huge fans of Ace Attorney (I introduced my sister to Ace Attorney a couple years ago), and a while ago our dad eventually asked about the series when we were playing Prosecutor's Path. We showed him the first game, and he really enjoyed it. Now, he's played through the first trilogy and Apollo, and he's in the middle of Turnabout Reclaimed. My sister and I usually sit down with him and help him out whenever he has questions or anything. It's really fun to see his reactions to different twists (particularly his reaction to the cape/bust thing in Turnabout Big Top). Once he's done with the main series, he said he's gonna try the Investigations games.

guilty for stealing all of the oreos.

Oooh, let me think. When I was younger and lived with my parents, there was the odd comment towards the games. My mother would comment on how spiky Phoenix's hair was or ask me why I liked them so much. Neither of my parents really had much of an interest, the nearest I've ever got my family to games is my mother once expressed interest in "the top hat gentleman game" and was happy when there was a crossover with PW for Layton, that's about it.

I did manage to get my housemate hooked onto the AA series though...she's technically like a sister! But she's just started the fifth game and she's hooked. (I lent her the first game sometime last year)

My parents know I love it and my father told me that Ace Attorney is full of weirdos... They're OK with me shouting OBJECTION! HOLD IT! TAKE THAT! while slamming whatever it's close to me in any situation which involves debating.

[Whip the cream!]

Going for Miles wrote:
If my little sister becomes a member of Court records when she's older, she will have Simon as her avatar, she told me.

Now she says that she wants to have Aura as an avatar, haha.

"Is she a cat? Or I mean... she has cat-hair. :shoe: "

That's good.

Scratch spriter

My mom just play it once, and said that Phoenix is attractive.

That's sweet.

Great Revival

I tried to get my dad to play...The second he saw text he quit, I tried showing him Pearl and he said "Oh, a creepy child...just like my son" :sadshoe:

The Enigma

Well, that wasn't very nice...

earthlings on fire

I didn't realize my mom still remembered how much I love this game because I haven't really talked about it at home in years. But a few weeks ago we were talking about the different things I was into over the years, and she said to me "What about that lawyer game? Objection!" she did the finger point. I was proud.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

[Whip the cream!]

Awww! :edgey:

Troll, may I cross your bridge?

Dad: *upon showing him a picture of Edgeworth* He looks like one of those guys from that Japanese show you watch- you know, the one where the people are countries?

Basically, my father is convinced that Miles Edgeworth is from Hetalia.

Nerd Processor

I think my Dad thinks I've gone mad.

We've not talked that much about Ace Attorney yet but the other day were in the middle of one of our inane conversations which resulted in him saying that all lids in the world are made by the same person: Mr Lid, first name Flippa.

And I just said 'that sounds like the name of an Ace Attoreny character!' (Though obviously I was thinking it was a she not a he... Flippa Lid.... flip her lid :bellboy: )

:oops:
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

Great Revival

Ahah, and I think it's because you said Attoreny. As always, not. A. Joke.

Nerd Processor

Oliver wrote:
Ahah, and I think it's because you said Attoreny. As always, not. A. Joke.

Ack! How did I not notice that typo? I blame Larry.

Great Revival

I already did. Why do you think he cries so often? :larry:

[Whip the cream!]

Poor Butz. :sadshoe:

[Whip the cream!]

Mama basically thinks the games are good for me, haha. Through the phone: "You're such a worrywart, you need to relax... Lean back and... play those lawyer games you bought, aren't those quite funny and you have to concentrate a bit? It'll do you good." :edgey:

The Enigma

Mom advice. You should always listen to it :godot:

[Whip the cream!]

Yah! (Or... when it makes sense... haha.) :godot: She's got some good ideas when it comes to stress relief!

Great Revival

Recently I've errr....been screaming :objection: and one time I said it was our dog's birthday just to mess with my dad and he just looks me in the eye, slams his desk and screams :objection: ...So that's neat.

Nerd Processor

WaitingforGodot wrote:
Mama basically thinks the games are good for me, haha. Through the phone: "You're such a worrywart, you need to relax... Lean back and... play those lawyer games you bought, aren't those quite funny and you have to concentrate a bit? It'll do you good." :edgey:

Sounds like great advice to me. :redd:

My copy of Apollo Justice arrived yesterday. Neither Mum or Dad really batted an eyelid at it. Thinking I might play it when we're on holiday so we'll see whether I get any comments then. (If I use the DS mic I suspect it would be along the lines of 'why on earth are you shouting objection out loud?' we'll see. :edgey: )

Great Revival

Nerdowl wrote:
WaitingforGodot wrote:

My copy of Apollo Justice arrived yesterday. Neither Mum or Dad really batted an eyelid at it. Thinking I might play it when we're on holiday so we'll see whether I get any comments then. (If I use the DS mic I suspect it would be along the lines of 'why on earth are you shouting objection out loud?' we'll see. :edgey: )

My dad's usally fine with me screaming Objection, in fact, sometimes we'll have an objection war to see who screams louder...

A Kirby and AA fan

Am I the only one then who doesn't do Ace Attorney things (pointing, desk slamming, shouting Objection), especially around others, even less my parents? If I did that, I'd probably be told to stop immediately, and I honestly don't blame them

Great Revival

Well I'm a stupid kid. My parents are used to me being...stupid. That's my excuse. :yogi:

[Whip the cream!]

Nerdowl wrote:

Hahah, yeah, most definitely! :edgey:
Nurio wrote:
Am I the only one then who doesn't do Ace Attorney things (pointing, desk slamming, shouting Objection), especially around others, even less my parents? If I did that, I'd probably be told to stop immediately, and I honestly don't blame them

Well, I never did that and I'd never do that.

Last edited by WaitingforGodot on Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Page 17 of 18 [ 718 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby