Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 2 of 8[ 320 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I hate it when people refer to the handheld KH games as spinoffs, spinoff to me implies that the game is in a different genre, but these are all the same genre and contribute to the story in some way.

In media, a spin-off is a radio program, television program, video game, film, or any narrative work, derived from one or more already existing works, that focuses, in particular, in more detail on one aspect of that original work (e.g. a particular topic, character, or event).
That's the Wiki's definition of a spin-off.

For me, a spin-off is something that takes place in the same world of the original and has appearance of the original cast, but does not actively focus on them (a whole lot). For me, Knight of Ratatosk is a spin-off to Tales of Symphonia and not a sequel - it doesn't answer questions I had at the end of Symphonia, it doesn't add much to Symphonia's original story, the original cast is seen so little that I could call them cameos and the new cast is not interesting enough for me to focus on and make me forget how little the original cast is there.

That last part is particularly bad for me. If you can't create a character who is on-par, if not better, than the original, I will not care what is going on around them or is happening to them and I'll just wonder why the original cast is not the main focus. At least there, you have previously established characters so you don't have to work as hard to make me pay attention to them by building them up.

C-A

PS: Other problem with Ratatosk I will list in a longer post later.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I hate Smash. I can't identify myself on the screen when the characters are small and jumping around.

The Sonic Adventure games are not nearly as good as fans say they are. Generations and Colors are among the best in the franchise.

MBr wrote:
I hate Smash. I can't identify myself on the screen when the characters are small and jumping around.

You're trying to identify yourself with a character in a senseless fighting game? :eh?:

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

CatMuto wrote:
MBr wrote:

You're trying to identify yourself with a character in a senseless fighting game? :eh?:

C-A

I think what he meant by that is he couldn't identify which character he was playing as, which is just stupid. I never had any trouble with that, and I don't think anyone else has, either!
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Call me James

dimentiorules wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
MBr wrote:

C-A

I think what he meant by that is he couldn't identify which character he was playing as, which is just stupid. I never had any trouble with that, and I don't think anyone else has, either!

Indeed. Unless you're all playing as the same character (in something wacky like 8 player smash or something), I don't see how you can't identify your character. It's not that small either, in my opinion.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

I've felt worse.

MBr wrote:
Generations and Colors are among the best in the franchise.

I thought this was the popular opinion.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

~Die-Hard Gavinners Fan~

dullahan1 wrote:
I don't really find Tingle annoying.

I don't either, In fact, I actually really REALLY like Tingle. I was actually taken aback when I saw how much disgust there was for him on the internet. :pearlshock:
Rhythm Heaven+Ace Attorney. Uncle Ray and Klavier Gavin need to be in court together. <3

Gardevoir lover

MBr wrote:

The Sonic Adventure games are not nearly as good as fans say they are. Generations and Colors are among the best in the franchise.

I hope your talking about the 3DS one, in which case your complaint makes some ammount of sense.

I actually really like Megaman Battle Network 4, a lot of people i talk to say that's one of the worst ones but i had more fun with this than with 2 and 3 when they came out.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Misokrattz wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:
I don't really find Tingle annoying.

I don't either, In fact, I actually really REALLY like Tingle. I was actually taken aback when I saw how much disgust there was for him on the internet. :pearlshock:

The thing of the matter is, he's never really in your face in the games that he's in either, unlike Link's sidekicks. Sure he's quirky, but he's really not that prevalent in the games he's in when you think about it. The only game I can think is an exception is Four Sword Adventures where he's constantly stealing your Force Gems.

Really, the only thing that I can see that's annoying is he's really just greedy and after your rupees, which is really evident in Wind Waker. But in Majora's Mask, I found him hilarious, with his whole backstory of his father being very disappointed that his 35 year old son is going around in weird tights looking for fairies.

Honestly, I can think of Zelda characters much more annoying than Tingle. No, Navi, Tael, Midna, or Ezlo aren't it either. Link's partners don't annoy me much either and I think their "annoyance" is taken WAY out of proportions.

The only partner that probably bugged me a little bit was Fi. Her constant chatter about percentages and always going on about how low my health is wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but her dances were neat.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Quote:
always going on about how low my health is wasn't exactly my cup of tea,

You do realize she only warned you the first time it happened upon loading, right? :ron: You sound like the people complaining that she's constantly ringing. I checked, she rings 3 times and then stops.

Out of the Final Fantasy games I've played... I'd asy VI and XIII get to share 1st place. It's like the same reason why Abyss and Symphonia are my favorite Tales Of games and why Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are my favorite Zelda games to date: what one of them did horrible, the other did better.

VI had a very large cast, but majority of them were not well developed. XIII has a smaller, better developed cast.
VI had an amazing villain, XIII had villains that were just meh.
XIII had a better battle system, but VI had a more interesting design in some places. (Though I will say I LOVE Lake Bresha in XIII - I love crystallized areas)

C-A

Hey Cat, my unpopular opinion. I didn't care much for Fi. Aside from her dance scenes, I just didn't like her too much.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Enoshima Junko-chan!

dimentiorules wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
MBr wrote:

C-A

Things are simply moving around too much for me to be comfortable with. I mean, you need to focus on your character, as well as all of the others.

sumguy28 wrote:
MBr wrote:
Generations and Colors are among the best in the franchise.

I thought this was the popular opinion.

What I get from most Sonic fans is that the Adventure games are still the best.

dullahan1 wrote:
Hey Cat, my unpopular opinion. I didn't care much for Fi. Aside from her dance scenes, I just didn't like her too much.

I think that's more of a popular opinion really :yogi:

MGS: Twin Snakes was awesome

P3P was by far the best version of Persona 3

Pokémon is just as good as it's always been if not better; people whining about how it's too easy should turn their EXP Share off and realize the older games were never hard either, they just required a lot more grinding than the newer ones do

Speaking of Pokémon, the XY Champion theme is amazing

Quote:
P3P was by far the best version of Persona 3

Persona 3 sucks. (Longer post about this further up) Only decent Persona lately is P4 (PS2) because the battle system isn't slow, compared to the dated P2 and P1.

Quote:

Champion sucked, though.

C-A

@Fran: Really, it was more of a response to Cat, stating that Fi is the only one that slightly annoyed me as a partner whereas other partners in the Zelda games have not. I say it's unpopular because most people will point out Navi, or even Midna and sometimes Ezlo or Tael as annoying when I'm perfectly fine with them. Even then, Fi didn't annoy me overall. Where I see a lot of fans wanting the series to ditch the talkative partners, I'm good with them, and it at least offers something other than just a silent protagonist over the whole game never having any input considering that Zelda is more dungeon and less interacting with others.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

I don't see many people, if any, who say they found Midna annoying.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

I actually agree with that.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

You beat me to it. Seriously, I don't care what people may think about the rest of the game, Midna was one of the best things to come out of Twilight Princess thanks in no small part to how fleshed out she is compared to most other LoZ companions.

TheDoctor wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

You beat me to it. Seriously, I don't care what people may think about the rest of the game, Midna was one of the best things to come out of Twilight Princess thanks in no small part to how fleshed out she is compared to most other LoZ companions.

She's also not annoying or blurting out obvious hints, like pressing a button to opening a door. Midna's advice (if I were to even use it) was on the snarky side.
Like, "Figure it out yourself, jeez!"

C-A

Maybe I'm misinformed as I haven't checked in a while, but I really could have sworn when the game came out, many were comparing Midna to Navi in terms of annoyance. It wasn't the whole advice thing, the complaints I remember seeing were that she talked too much. I just found it stupid at the time. Then again, I remember hearing the same thing about Tael when Majora's Mask came out too and I don't see that anymore.

Of course, it is the internet age now and majority opinions change over time due to exposure. Liking Majora and Wind Waker when they first came out was a very unpopular opinion, but now they're praised out the wazoo.

But, I digress. To keep on topic, I honestly can't get into Pikmin. I'm sure it's a good series, but I just can't get interested.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

I think the bigger complaint I read about Midna is that the story is more about her than about Zelda or Link. It was always Link's adventure, but TP feels like it's focusing more on Midna than someone I'm controlling.

I personally enjoy the first Pikmin game, though I never properly finished it. I just get stuck after a while...

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
I think the bigger complaint I read about Midna is that the story is more about her than about Zelda or Link. It was always Link's adventure, but TP feels like it's focusing more on Midna than someone I'm controlling.

I personally enjoy the first Pikmin game, though I never properly finished it. I just get stuck after a while...

C-A

Huh, I never heard about that before, though it's kind of a dumb complaint when you think about it. It's called Twilight Princess and Midna is the Twilight Princess, so of course I'd think it'd focus on her. Though thinking about it too, it's one of the few Zelda titles where the title is in reference to an actual character and not some plot device ala Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

I'd like to say, I'm sick and tired of the Gym Type orders in the Pokémon games. Rock is the first one several times. And if you get Ice, it's either far back or not until the Elite 4. Where's a nice change up in the order? As I once suggested, why not put Ice or Psychic as the first Gym type? You know, I think the Fairy Gym in X/Y was my favorite - because it was a new type and it wasn't too late or too early. (I liked Black/White's idea of your starter determining which of the types you fight in the 1st Gym)

And you can't tell me Ice shouldn't be the first because it's difficult to find something against it. Fire, people. Fire. That's not difficult. And if they want to prevent everyone from picking the Fire starter Pokémon, make sure you change up the Pokémon you can catch prior to the gym and give something that can fight the Ice types better.

Though I have to say, I'm also sick of the Fire/Water/Grass starter types. Yes, it's an easy triangle formation... but you have OTHER triangle formations, too! Instead of Fire/Water/Grass, why not give out Fighting/Rock/Flying? That's a good triangle formation.

Also, I hope that the next Pokémon games have more emphasis on Fairy type. I was saddened that ORAS was so blasé about fairy types. Yea, it's a remake of an older Gen where Fairy didn't exist, but it's like I don't even know that Fairy types exist in that game. Snubull is fairy type? I couldn't remember right off the bat.

And the Champions are so... disappointing... Diantha was pointless in X/Y. Steven is meh, he can be kinda scary...

C-A

PS: I guess this is why I like Randomizers so much more of the games. Different Pokémon to catch, different pokémon in the gyms and starters. I made a randomizer where Eevee was the only Starter pokémon, to see what would happen.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I get the feeling that the Fire/Grass/Water starters are only kept for tradition's sake. All they do with it now is give the third evolution a different secondary type. Fire/Psychic? Maybe if you love a lot of weaknesses. And from gens 3 to 5 the Fire starter became a Fire/Fighting type.

If I recall correctly, the first gym was Flying in Johto, and I don't know about Kalos, as I never played XY.

One thing I'd like to add is that there's so many legendaries, a few of them are getting redundant. I'm talking about Landorus, Thundurus, and Tornadus. They control the land and storms, which I thought was already taken care of by the Hoenn legendaries.

As for champions, Gary/Blue and Cynthia are tough and have great themes, but the rest are forgettable.

I never saw the Gen I Rival having a "theme" in his team.
I hate the legendaries, too. Or the oh-so-strong Pokémon they're trying to awaken in the plot. They are barely better than my regular Pokémon - my Sylveon and Delphox were better than Ylvetal. That thing basically became a Fly slave...

C-A

Enoshima Junko-chan!

By "theme" I meant theme song. Neither Gary or Cynia had a theme in their teams, although Cynthia always kept her Garchomp.

And I agree with you on the triangle formation for the starters. I think it's vital to keep that at the beginning, as it teaches the player the mechanics of battling. However, different types will accomplish the same goals while adding variety to the starters.

MBr wrote:
By "theme" I meant theme song. Neither Gary or Cynia had a theme in their teams, although Cynthia always kept her Garchomp.

And I agree with you on the triangle formation for the starters. I think it's vital to keep that at the beginning, as it teaches the player the mechanics of battling. However, different types will accomplish the same goals while adding variety to the starters.

Oh, I see. (I don't pay much attention to Pokémon music, all sounds the same to me after a while and I hear several tracks so many times, I tend to mute the game)

Exactly. I understand the triangle of Weakness/Strength is easy with Fire/Water/Grass, but that's also why I suggested Fighting/Rock/Flying, as that is the same type of triangle going on, only the labels are different. I can understand them keeping it for tradition's sake, but... well, can we at least change the Pokémon we encounter early on?

I've had encounters in Randomized Firered where I had an Eevee Starter with only Normal attacks and my first encounter was a Gengar and, of course, I was incapable of causing it any damage. But what with X/Y and ORAS having your starters begin with an elemental attack, that wouldn't be a problem. It'd be neat to start catching pokémon in the game and not be ladden with a team of 1 Starter + 3 or 4 Pokémon that are Normal or Normal/Flying. Or Bugs. (Why do we even HAVE Bug pokémon, considering how easy to lose they are?)

C-A

I'd personally like to see a Dark/Fighting/Psychic beginning triangle myself, but only because I'm not too keen on rock and flying types myself.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
I'd personally like to see a Dark/Fighting/Psychic beginning triangle myself, but only because I'm not too keen on rock and flying types myself.

I like that idea myself, but I couldn't remember what was weak to Dark or strong against Psychic.

C-A

dullahan1 wrote:

Unfortunately having one of the starters completely immune to another's primary STAB would be a little too imba

Cat if your Yveltal is weaker than your Delphox you got one with a horrible nature/stats and/or you're not taking into account the fact that your Delphox is probably several levels higher and certainly has maxed (or close to it) EVs

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Cat if your Yveltal is weaker than your Delphox you got one with a horrible nature/stats and/or you're not taking into account the fact that your Delphox is probably several levels higher and certainly has maxed (or close to it) EVs

Delphox was my starter. And I personally wouldn't know when something has a high or maxed EV if it bit me in the ass. I don't do that breeding or competitive stuff. :ron: I got Ylveltal at Lvl 50 and my Delphox was around that same level. I don't recall what the natur was, but it wasn't supremely awesome no-penalty-in-any-stat nature for either of them.

C-A

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I loved Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, to the point where I did 99 lap races.

EV = effort values. That's what the fandom calls them, anyway; I don't know if Nintendo ever gave them an official name.

Anyway, each Pokemon can have up to 510 total EVs, with up to 252 in each of their six stats (HP, Attack, Defense, etc.) Every four points gives you one extra point in that stat at level 100 (the boosts scale as you level up so they still help at lower levels but you won't see the full effect on their stats until 100.) Each Pokemon you defeat in battle is worth between 1 to 3 points in EVs along with normal EXP. The Super Training minigame also gives you EVs.

tl;dr, A LV50 starter you've been battling with since the start of the game is going to have higher stats than a LV50 you just caught.

The penguin is MINE

MBr wrote:
I loved Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, to the point where I did 99 lap races.

I actually kind of enjoyed Zero Gravity myself too (not to the point of 99-lap races, though). I like how there are multiple pathways that different kinds of vehicles can travel on (flight rings, grind rails, etc.) and the little upgrades you get mid-race by collecting rings. All the upgrades and branching paths make the game very hard to balance though, so admittedly, I don't think the mechanics are as balanced as, say, those of Mario Kart. I still had fun with it, though, and the music's also pretty darn catchy. A part of me actually kind of wished Sega would've put something related to Zero Gravity in Generations, even if I knew it'd never happen (I mean, imagine what they could've done with a level based on Aquatic Capital or MeteorTech Sparkworks or Nightside Rush).

The Enigma

I've played every Fire Emblem game in the series to date and the one I liked the least was Awakening.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

This! Is! SPARDA!!!!!

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is inferior to its predecessor. I have several reasons for this opinion, but the primary one is that Galaxy 2 is essentially an expansion pack of Galaxy 1 masquerading as a fully-fledged game. It's not a bad game, but it would have been better as DLC. Because it doesn't feel like a different game, I prefer to call it "Super Mario Galaxy 1.5" or "Super Mario Galaxy More", both names used during production.
Rule number one of lawyer stuff: if it's in the court record, it's gonna show up in the trial.

Gardevoir lover

I'm not sure if i mentioned this before but i think that the first Mario Galaxy is extremely overrated.

Turnabout Dave wrote:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is inferior to its predecessor. I have several reasons for this opinion, but the primary one is that Galaxy 2 is essentially an expansion pack of Galaxy 1 masquerading as a fully-fledged game. It's not a bad game, but it would have been better as DLC. Because it doesn't feel like a different game, I prefer to call it "Super Mario Galaxy 1.5" or "Super Mario Galaxy More", both names used during production.

Wait, this is an unpopular opinion? I thought majority of people considering Galaxy 2 to be more 1.5... I'll be honest, the concept seems fun in the games, but I realized when watching LPs of them... I can't play the game. I get motion sick and dizzy from just watching, how would I be able to play the game?

My unpopular Pokémon Opinion: Gen V and VI are the only good ones.
V because it actually attempted to have better stories, though Plasma is hypocritical with their "freeing Pokémon" idea, since they use Pokémon in order to fight... yeah, it's just a masquerade, but still. I also love the trainer designs. Finally, a female trainer wearing some freaking pants! And VI is great because of mechanical changes, the addition of the Fairy type, which I think was amazing cause it really gave us some proper balance, especially against Dragons (maybe it's just me, but I didn't encounter many Ice type previously that I could use against them).

And by Gen VI, I mean X/Y and not ORAS, cause ORAS is Gen III with a dumb VI paint job that is chipping.

Yeah the story in X/Y is shit, but... as I've previously said, majority of plots in Pokémon main games were shit until V.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
(maybe it's just me, but I didn't encounter many Ice type previously that I could use against them).

Doesn't help that most Ice types are pretty garbo and most Water types can use Ice Beam anyway (you lose STAB but you don't really need it since most of the stuff you want to hit with Ice Beam is 4x weak to it anyway so w/e)

Most Ice Types that I use if I'm using one in a playthrough are usually dual water/ice types like Lapras. Most Ice Types in general have come off as a Special glass cannon and I'm not too big on those unless they're Psychic types as those tend to find more uses for me than Ice types. But generally, I'll stick to using water types for Ice move coverage since, like Fran said, STAB doesn't matter since most Dragons will have a 4x weakness to it anyways. Except for Kingdra. Kingdra is the reason I'm happy Fairy types exist.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same
Page 2 of 8 [ 320 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station