Board index » Hosted » Chicken Kitchen

Page 1 of 1[ 19 posts ]

Ghost trick contradictionsTopic%20Title

Stepladders are a type of ladder so.....

So I've recently started playing/replaying ghost trick (I didn't complete it on my first playthrough since I've only played it on iOS and my brother deleted the app) and like how there are a few plot holes and contradictions in ace attorney, there are also some in ghost trick. I've noticed two so far.

Spoiler:
1. When Missile got shot how come nobody heard? There's no way neighbours could not have heard that gunshot. Heck, if that lady next door was going berserk at Missile barking, how could she not have heard that loud, decisive, bang. She may be quite the character, but you can tell she's not stupid.

2. Can Sissel see people through telephone lines or not? So basically when Sissel gets back to the junkyard, he mentions to Ray that 'Lynne sounded distressed'. But at the start of the story when he was in the phone line for first time, he says that he SAW the face of the man that ordered him dead. So could he see what we saw, or not?

So those are just two that I noticed, feel free to add however if about the ending or something close to it could you mark it as a spoiler please?
Re: Ghost trick contradictionsTopic%20Title

You Spinda right round...

According to the first time Sissel saves Lynne, you appear at the place where the body was located when you hopped into it. However, in Chapter 16/17 as well as the Final Chapter when you hop into Jowd's or Lynne's body, you shouldn't appear in the same room - after all, it was moving all that time and was in completely different spot 4 minutes ago! Also, you hop into Yomiel's body while it's under the sea, but you appear in the park.

The biggest contradiction I found (not sure if it's a real contradiction) it's in the ending...
Spoiler:
Why the hell the first time Missile died (10 years before) there was Yomiel with the hitman (at Lynne's house, when Missile gained Ghost Trick power), and 10 years later (after Missile waited the time to pass when he went back to Yomiel's death in the park), there's only the hitman when Missile is going to die again?

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Slammer wrote:
The biggest contradiction I found (not sure if it's a real contradiction) it's in the ending...
Spoiler:
Why the hell the first time Missile died (10 years before) there was Yomiel with the hitman (at Lynne's house, when Missile gained Ghost Trick power), and 10 years later (after Missile waited the time to pass when he went back to Yomiel's death in the park), there's only the hitman when Missile is going to die again?

Spoiler: Response to the Spoiler
Yomiel had to act like he was dead after he made Lynne shoot him because a murder without a body would be quite weird.

Spinda wrote:
Slammer wrote:
Spoiler:

Yomiel had to act like he was dead after he made Lynne shoot him because a murder without a body would be quite weird.

Spoiler:
So, the first time, he didn't made Lynne to shoot him and then he was there at Lynne's house with the hitman, 'cause he hadn't faked his death?

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Slammer wrote:
Spinda wrote:
Slammer wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
So, the first time, he didn't made Lynne to shoot him and then he was there at Lynne's house with the hitman, 'cause he hadn't faked his death?

Spoiler:
Oops, you're right! In that case, I have no clue why that happens, after all, the time lines only really split after Sissel decided not to save Lynne. That is a contradiction then.

Last edited by Spinda on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winter Flag Trademark

^ Fix it please, the spoiler is openly public.

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
^ Fix it please, the spoiler is openly public.

My bad, fixed now.

Oh, I remembered another one... it's not a contradiction I think, but rather a question
Spoiler:
Why did Sissel have Ghost powers at the end? He's in a new timeline now, where the meteorite didn't hurt anyone, so nobody should have Ghost Tricks.

Winter Flag Trademark

Slammer wrote:
Oh, I remembered another one... it's not a contradiction I think, but rather a question
Spoiler:
Why did Sissel have Ghost powers at the end? He's in a new timeline now, where the meteorite didn't hurt anyone, so nobody should have Ghost Tricks.

Spoiler:
Also, the black cat right there in the scene is Sissel. So, I don't think he should be getting any one of those ghost powers. Get it?

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Slammer wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The meteorite went through Jowd's knee and "killed" Sissel. That's why he didn't age in those 10 years.

Spinda wrote:
Slammer wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The meteorite went through Jowd's knee and "killed" Sissel. That's why he didn't age in those 10 years.

Spoiler:
But, if Sissel is dead in the new timeline, why can he move his body? I don't think he can manipulate living beings...

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Not a contradiction, but an interesting fact:
Spoiler:
If Lynne died her first death without Sissel doing anything, she would get ghost powers. Because she would die in the presence of Temsik radiation, emanating from YOMIEL'S BODY.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Slammer wrote:
Spinda wrote:
Slammer wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
But, if Sissel is dead in the new timeline, why can he move his body? I don't think he can manipulate living beings...

Spoiler:
Yomiel could also move his body even though he was "killed" by the meteorite shard. Sissel's body is now cycling between life and death as well.

Spinda wrote:

Spoiler:
Yomiel could also move his body even though he was "killed" by the meteorite shard. Sissel's body is now cycling between life and death as well.

Spoiler:
But he had the power to manipulate living beings, Sissel didn't!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

What was my interesting fact, chopped liver? :nick:
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: Multiple topics
I suppose the explanation that Lynne didn't get her powers after being shot the Nearsighted Jeego is simply because she was out of range. Remember Cabanela was shot at point blank range by Yomiel but didn't get any ghost powers.

From what I remember, Yomiel went to Lynne's apartment to retrieve the box with Alma's murder weapon inside. What I don't get is why he didn't go there in the timeline in which Sissel prevented Lynne's death. He was aware of Sissel saving Lynne throughout the game, so I guess that played a part, but it seems to be unexplained. Perhaps seeing Sissel use his ghost tricks to save Lynne ended up changing Yomiel's plans.
Edit: If that's the case, I wonder why Yomiel was aware of Sissel saving Lynne, but made no mention him saving Cabanela or the superintendent.

It's a pretty huge stretch to believe that Yomiel survived both getting pierced through the back and then having his legs crushed by the giant rock, completely without Temsik aid.

And lastly, Sissel at the end of the game is in the same position that Yomiel was. He was killed by the meteorite but now inhabits a body that never ages, since the fragment is still in him.

MBr wrote:
Spoiler: Multiple topics
From what I remember, Yomiel went to Lynne's apartment to retrieve the box with Alma's murder weapon inside. What I don't get is why he didn't go there in the timeline in which Sissel prevented Lynne's death. He was aware of Sissel saving Lynne throughout the game, so I guess that played a part, but it seems to be unexplained. Perhaps seeing Sissel use his ghost tricks to save Lynne ended up changing Yomiel's plans.
Edit: If that's the case, I wonder why Yomiel was aware of Sissel saving Lynne, but made no mention him saving Cabanela or the superintendent.

I've got it!
Spoiler:
Cabanela said that he recognized the doctor as a fraud right away, and paid him off to take Yomiel's body away, which was why he wasn't in the apartment to give Missile his Ghost Tricks. The first time, I imagine he was too distraught about Lynne's death, and didn't notice anything, which was why the "doctor" could get away with the body.

And about that other thing, when Sissel saved Lynne, he wasn't very careful about hiding his presence, so Yomiel knew (since he knew about the Powers of the Dead). When you save Cabanela and the superintendent, you go out of your way to avoid him finding out about it, so it's likely he just didn't know about it.

There. How's that?

Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

Enoshima Junko-chan!

That clears up everything nicely! :edgey:
Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » Hosted » Chicken Kitchen