Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 1[ 21 posts ]

Wanting Maya Fey In Ace Attorney 6Topic%20Title

What's a Court Records?

Alright, I'll be serious this time. At present, it hasn't been confirmed whether or not she'll be in the game. Even if the game takes place in the kingdom of Kurain, while it makes it more likely that she'll appear, doesn't mean that she actually is. However, I am hoping that she will make an appearance in the game, but I am kind of worried that it will possibly end up like what was done with Edgeworth in Ace Attorney 5 and have her show up just for the final case.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord
Re: Wanting Maya Fey In Ace Attorney 6Topic%20Title

Gardevoir lover

I wouldn't mind if she showed up in the last case, but only if she has a larger role than Edgeworth in DD.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Great Revival

Honestly, I want her to appear only in the final case, I'll quote my case idea for the final case.
Oliver wrote:
Maya visits in the final case, being the one who told Phoenix about the country off screen, Leifa is actually an old friend of hers, and Maya begs for Phoenix to defend her, but he actually believes she did it, until he investigates some more...

What's a Court Records?

Oliver wrote:
Honestly, I want her to appear only in the final case, I'll quote my case idea for the final case.
Oliver wrote:
Maya visits in the final case, being the one who told Phoenix about the country off screen, Leifa is actually an old friend of hers, and Maya begs for Phoenix to defend her, but he actually believes she did it, until he investigates some more...

That actually sounds pretty interesting.
Why am I even here?

Racing through the sky like a Missile

It seems to me the thought of my being able to predict the future has led me to feel a little... ambitious.

I had mentioned several times in the trailer thread in Trial Minutes about this "conspiracy theory" regarding the two Kurains. Let me explain here in more detail.

Supposing the two names being similar is not mere coincidence, they must have had some shared point in histories past from whence they originated. Interestingly, during the demo playthrough at TGS, the Kurain people prayed to a historical figure, which they simply referred to as the "founder". Certainly, this would refer to the founder of their country; the forefather (or foremother?), if you will.

As we've been informed, the one who founded the Fey clan's signature Kurain Channeling Technique was someone by the name of Ami Fey centuries ago. She was the founder of the Fey clan and the beginning of their rise to power in Japan.

Now, considering how close the names of the two Kurains are, there is bound to be some correlation drawn between the two. There would also be people taking sides in the ensuing debate over which Kurain deserves to be referred as such. That is, which Kurain is the "true" Kurain, the source of spirit channeling power under this name? Each side has its own history, and proving which one will be difficult.

Why would there even be a debate at all, you ask? Because muddled histories have always been under debate. Real world applications, man.

It is possible that the Kurain royal family and the leader of the Fey clan have once met before to discuss matters over this issue. However, while compromises were being discussed, the Master of Kurain from then somehow got mixed up in a murder case that left a stain on their clan's reputation, and the entire clan fell out of favor. In some ways, this was a good thing for the kingdom, as it seemed to suggest they were the ones in the right all along. However, ever since it was proven that Misty Fey was innocent of fraud, namely that her powers were genuine, the same issue has risen once again. Now it's Maya's turn to settle the issue, and to do that, they have to meet again. In this case, Princess Leyfa, being the almighty oracle princess of the country, will be the one she meets.

Well, if discussions prove effective, they'll hit some sort of compromise. However, if they don't... well, since Maya's going to be the one visiting, things aren't going to look good in her favor.

Cue the infamous Phoenix wrench. Gosh, this guy is always around just when people don't want him to be. Sometimes even he doesn't want himself to be.

Honestly, I don't believe his mission in this country has anything to do with Maya's mission. He just happens to be around when she is. Naturally, the two meet at some point and exchange news, and Phoenix agrees to help her... indirectly, at least. After all, if things lead into Phoenix somehow attempting to reform the courts, he's gonna be at odds with the princess anyway. That both he and Maya could work together again like old times is more of a bonus to the plot; rather than the plot itself.

Aaand, I think I'll stop here before I go mad with speculation about hidden revolutionary groups and crime syndicates in this country. This dearth of info has not been sitting well with me. I'm just hoping I'm on the mark with some things, not all - or I'm disappearing from this forum and joining Capcom.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Just a cute lil' bun-bun

Unless she has a very minor role as a simple throwback to the original trilogy like Edgeworth in DD, I'd rather they wouldn't bring Maya back. Like, just move on with your lives Capcom :P

Great Revival

Broocevelt wrote:
Unless she has a very minor role as a simple throwback to the original trilogy like Edgeworth in DD, I'd rather they wouldn't bring Maya back. Like, just move on with your lives Capcom :P

I'll be honest, I like these once a game characters like Edgeworth, Larry, etc. who come just for the last episode most of the time. Edgeworth especially, however, I will admit his DD appearance was horrible compared to the ones in JFA and T&T.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I liked Edgeworth's role in the story, but darn, his characterization was bonkers in DD.
Spoiler:
"My interest in this case is to bring the dark age of law to a close, by proving Blackquill wasn't the culprit, but now that we're in court im throwing out every principle for the sake of being a bad prosecutor again." he even accuses Athena which is painful to watch, because if the problem is the supposed Dark Age caused by mistrust due to corrupt members of the court, what exactly is proven when you declare a previously convicted prosecutor innocent at the expense of another defense attorney?

This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Great Revival

linkenski wrote:
I liked Edgeworth's role in the story, but darn, his characterization was bonkers in DD.
Spoiler:
"My interest in this case is to bring the dark age of law to a close, by proving Blackquill wasn't the culprit, but now that we're in court im throwing out every principle for the sake of being a bad prosecutor again." he even accuses Athena which is painful to watch, because if the problem is the supposed Dark Age caused by mistrust due to corrupt members of the court, what exactly is proven when you declare a previously convicted prosecutor innocent at the expense of another defense attorney?

Spoiler:
It was especially weird, because the incident was near identical to DL-6

Broocevelt wrote:

No, see that doesn't work at all. You're forgetting that the key issue people have had with Phoenix since AA4 is that Maya just pretty much disappeared. It's not necessarily just the character, it's the dynamic that's been missing. If Phoenix wasn't around either, it wouldn't exactly be a problem, but then it has been 2 mainlane games and Phoenix has been notably lacking something that just up and vanished.

Just bringing her back as a minor character is kind of missing the point of whole issue completely.

linkenski wrote:
Spoiler:

What exactly about accussing the person he thinks commited the crime is wrong according to Edgeworth's principles? Just because he fights for the truth doesn't mean he can't be ruthless when he needs. Do I need to quote what he told Adrián in 2-4?

The stupid part was making it all a 'just a planned', if you ask me.

Last edited by luck on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great Revival

luck wrote:
linkenski wrote:
Spoiler:

What exactly about accussing the person he thinks commited the crime is wrong according to Edgeworth's principles? Just because he fights for the truth doesn't mean he can't be ruthless when he needs. Do I need to quote what he told Adrián in 2-4?

Exactly. But at the same time, other than this, it's never been explored how he'd react to a case similar to DL-6, where a child committed the crime.

Just a cute lil' bun-bun

whoknowscran wrote:
Broocevelt wrote:

No, see that doesn't work at all. You're forgetting that the key issue people have had with Phoenix since AA4 is that Maya just pretty much disappeared. It's not necessarily just the character, it's the dynamic that's been missing. If Phoenix wasn't around either, it wouldn't exactly be a problem, but then it has been 2 mainlane games and Phoenix has been notably lacking something that just up and vanished.

Just bringing her back as a minor character is kind of missing the point of whole issue completely.

My point is I pretty much don't care about Maya anymore, she should stay as a character from the original trilogy and that's it. I'd rather have another character have a different dynamic with Phoenix. Also most people seem to forget they will absolutely ruin her character if they bring her back, just like Trucy. I don't get the point, at all. Nope.

So basically one character doesn't get used the way you expected to, thus you want nobody else to have anything? Also inadvertently demanding that an entire trilogy of character development is deep-sixed for your gripe, which rather ironically is about missed character development of a different character.

If you're going to complain about issues, it's probably better to keep them as mutually exclusive issues. You'll only frustrate yourself more otherwise.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Maya Fey is a very important character for the Ace Attorney series. She did get mentioned in Dual Destinies, so it would make sense for her to appear in this game, too. Many don't realize that Maya was in EVERY SINGLE ACE ATTORNEY GAME, minus DGS.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Just a cute lil' bun-bun

whoknowscran wrote:
So basically one character doesn't get used the way you expected to, thus you want nobody else to have anything? Also inadvertently demanding that an entire trilogy of character development is deep-sixed for your gripe, which rather ironically is about missed character development of a different character.

If you're going to complain about issues, it's probably better to keep them as mutually exclusive issues. You'll only frustrate yourself more otherwise.

It's not only what I wanted, it's what Takumi wanted. He wanted to be done witj the trilogy for a goddamned long time. In fact, AJ was more of a fresh start he could work with, albeit Phoenix ended up taking a bit of the spotlight.

If Takumi thought that way, it's for a reason. It's an arc, that's it. There's not much more even he believed he could get out of it, everything added up nicely. At this point, anything else is mostly fanboyism.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

luck wrote:
linkenski wrote:
Spoiler:

The stupid part was making it all a 'just a planned', if you ask me.

Spoiler:
I think you missed the point. Edgeworth isn't just in it to "find the truth". He clearly states before the trial that all of this he set in motion (you heard that right, Edgeworth basically sets the plot of DD in motion by getting Nick back in the game) is to reopen Athena/Blackquill's case as a means to shed light into the "Dark Age of Law". The problem he's trying to solve is that Blackquill or more importantly, a prosecutor has been convicted wrongly, and exchanging his conviction for a defense attorney's should've been a no-no, his love of the truth be damned IMO :/

I can see why Edgeworth would've been all about the truth as usual, but when it goes against the thing he so clearly says he wants to achieve, it's kind of off-putting to me, and either way, I just felt like the situation could've been handled with a lot more subtlety, if anything.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

The Enigma

Eh...I'm not really sure what I want honestly :oops: I'm just gonna play the game when it comes out. If she's in...yay! *fangasm* If not then...well. Aww, okay. Too bad.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Broocevelt wrote:
whoknowscran wrote:

It's not only what I wanted, it's what Takumi wanted. He wanted to be done witj the trilogy for a goddamned long time. In fact, AJ was more of a fresh start he could work with, albeit Phoenix ended up taking a bit of the spotlight.

If Takumi thought that way, it's for a reason. It's an arc, that's it. There's not much more even he believed he could get out of it, everything added up nicely. At this point, anything else is mostly fanboyism.

Fanboyism or not, even Takumi has conformed to popular opinion at Capcom, which basically forces Phoenix Wright into a game somehow, either as a major role or a brief cameo or the inspiration behind a major character... right down to bringing in his own ancestor so Takumi gets to write about the Sherlock Holmes game he always wanted to do.

He may be trying to break away from the main series, but it's mainly because Eshiro & co. already stepped up all over it. He's not gonna try to barge in and demand anything from them. Giving another team a chance to work on the series gives it a new perspective that Takumi himself wouldn't have considered, and he respected that. In any case, even during his interview with Famitsu about DGS, he admitted he may have been too quick to judge on Phoenix's exit from the series. The truth remains blunt: nothing will rip Phoenix apart from this franchise. He IS the franchise.

And by extension, so is Maya.

linkenski wrote:
Spoiler:
I think you missed the point. Edgeworth isn't just in it to "find the truth". He clearly states before the trial that all of this he set in motion (you heard that right, Edgeworth basically sets the plot of DD in motion by getting Nick back in the game) is to reopen Athena/Blackquill's case as a means to shed light into the "Dark Age of Law". The problem he's trying to solve is that Blackquill or more importantly, a prosecutor has been convicted wrongly, and exchanging his conviction for a defense attorney's should've been a no-no, his love of the truth be damned IMO :/

I can see why Edgeworth would've been all about the truth as usual, but when it goes against the thing he so clearly says he wants to achieve, it's kind of off-putting to me, and either way, I just felt like the situation could've been handled with a lot more subtlety, if anything.

For someone who basically set the entire game in motion by getting Phoenix back on track, he sure didn't plan out everything and based his conclusions solely on a suspicion he had. He had little reason to believe Aura's testimony out of the UR-1 incident, but he stuck with it anyway, in the case it turned out to be the truth. It's what Nick would have done, right? :D

Well, I don't doubt he did have a plan, but as to what the details entailed, even he couldn't have anticipated. He certainly didn't expect Aura to take the hostage route, though it did give him an excuse to stand in court again and face off against Phoenix in what comes out to be a mock trial in of itself. No holds barred, and none by the law. In a way, I really admired that parallel they made with 5-3, but it was cute in 5-3. By 5-5, it was ridiculous. But hey, FANSERVICE! :ron-jazz:

Bramimond wrote:
Eh...I'm not really sure what I want honestly :oops: I'm just gonna play the game when it comes out. If she's in...yay! *fangasm* If not then...well. Aww, okay. Too bad.

Same here. I'm not nearly as insane or vehement as I come off to be, guys. :3
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
linkenski wrote:
Spoiler:

For someone who basically set the entire game in motion by getting Phoenix back on track, he sure didn't plan out everything and based his conclusions solely on a suspicion he had. He had little reason to believe Aura's testimony out of the UR-1 incident, but he stuck with it anyway, in the case it turned out to be the truth. It's what Nick would have done, right? :D

Well, I don't doubt he did have a plan, but as to what the details entailed, even he couldn't have anticipated. He certainly didn't expect Aura to take the hostage route, though it did give him an excuse to stand in court again and face off against Phoenix in what comes out to be a mock trial in of itself. No holds barred, and none by the law. In a way, I really admired that parallel they made with 5-3, but it was cute in 5-3. By 5-5, it was ridiculous. But hey, FANSERVICE! :ron-jazz:

And don't forget that he didn't actually do anything until the day before Blackquill's execution, and in the end Aura had to force him to step up. Way to solve the case, Edgey. At least Athena had the excuse that she probably didn't know.

It's Edgeworth setting the plot of DD what doesn't make any sense in the first place, but that has nothing to do with his characterization, I think. That's what I meant.

And the worst part is that it wasn't even necessary. I'm pretty sure they only did it so Phoenix could have that phone conversation in the prologue and get the hype up.

What's a Court Records?

Honestly, we're just going to have to live with whatever they end up doing. Whether or not most of the characters are new, or how the series doesn't really have a story arc anymore... I really want a game to clear up some of the stuff from Apollo Justice, but I'm probably just going to have to wait...
Why am I even here?

Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)