Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 2[ 76 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

A terrible thought just crossed my mind.Topic%20Title

Redd White X Redd White is my OTP

So since this game takes place in Kurain and there's a lot of focus on Spirit mediums, I was thinking about how cool the game will be when I realized.

"WHAT IF THEY MAKE MAYA A VICTIM?"

In hindsight, it makes a small amount of sense, with it being set in Kurain and Maya not being shown in any of the trailers, then again, that's normal, they're probably saving Maya until we see her in-game or she won't appear (which, quite frankly, would be ridiculous). On the other hand they could be saving the shock until the game. The possibility of Maya becoming one of the victims absolutely terrifies me, I hope they don't go down that route because it would be just wrong, just....wrong.

Last edited by Dogtimus Prime on Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: A terrible thought just crossed my mind.Topic%20Title

Great Revival

They wouldn't do that, that's all I have to say on the subject. Even Capcom wouldn't be that stupid.
I posted right after this came up...what the fuck am I even?

I know they wouldn't , I'm just completely paranoid. Also I don't know, what the f*ck are you even?

Last edited by Dogtimus Prime on Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great Revival

Well stop. Problem solved.
Well, I don't know what to say then. She's totally gonna die. My dad is Capcpom.
Totally a spelling error....

The cape is self-fluttering

Definitely won't happen.

If they make Maya the victim of anything besides a drive-by burger theft, they're going to drive away a LOT of fans.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Just a cute lil' bun-bun

Why do you guys keep bringing Maya up @_@ I hope she doesn't appear at all, victim or not, to be honest

The video game boy; the one who wins

I think she'll be the big bad.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Well It's not that I'm one of those people that go "WHERE'S MAYA CAPCOM?" every game, In fact, I was perfectly okay with Maya not being in Dual Destinies, it's just that this game is set in Kurain with Spirit Mediums , and that's like if it was focused entirely on Forensics and Ema didn't appear or get mentioned once.

Winter Flag Trademark

I don't honestly know if you two were roleplaying or have hardcore proof that you two are Capcom's siblings, but... I really don't think they should make Maya the victim on anywhere in GS6. I mean, she's the second crystal of Ace Attorney, and losing one crystal, especially her... :larry:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Is it bad that I think killing her would be great? No, I don't hate her and I know that Capcom would never let any of the writers do that, but killing off canon character would make for a great tragic story if done well.
Signature loading, please wait...

If my Paranoiac visions were to come true, it would make me almost as sad as Sadshoe :sadshoe: . I can sort of see where you're coming from but it would deliver a critical hit to the feels so hard that it would completely shatter my Psyche.

Winter Flag Trademark

cesar26100 wrote:
Is it bad that I think killing her would be great? No, I don't hate her and I know that Capcom would never let any of the writers do that, but killing off canon character would make for a great tragic story if done well.

Why thank you, Cesar. I didn't thought you could be that heartless. But meh, opinions could be different. And if that Capcom ever does, the number of people playing AA would decrease alot. Like I said, she is a crystal of AA. :viola:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Great Revival

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
I don't honestly know if you two were roleplaying or have hardcore proof that you two are Capcom's siblings, but... I really don't think they should make Maya the victim on anywhere in GS6. I mean, she's the second crystal of Ace Attorney, and losing one crystal, especially her... :larry:

...O-Of course we were joking... Also, it's Capcpom.
cesar26100 wrote:

I agree it would be great for the plot, but Capcpom wouldn't do something so dangerous.

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
cesar26100 wrote:

Why thank you, Cesar. I didn't thought you could be that heartless. But meh, opinions could be different. And if that Capcom ever does, the number of people playing AA would decrease alot. Like I said, she is a crystal of AA. :viola:

I never say I would be happy for that, I said it would make for a great tragic plot and very unique to the AA series if they did. But obviously Capcom would never do that, they only care about the sales and they killing off a main character would drive a lot of people off.
Signature loading, please wait...

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Dogtimus Prime wrote:
You're lying, I know because my uncle is Capcom.

"My uncle works for a video game company which worked on a certain video game that I'm hyped for" cliché. (DING)
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I think the first game going for that with Mia was underwhelming. They should have either make the first case an actual decent chapter (rather than a dumb tutorial), or killed Mia off only in the third case.

So yeah, if Maya actually dies? I'd keep that stuff for the fourth/fifth case.

Last edited by Sligneris on Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

I've felt worse.

Sligneris wrote:
So yeah, if Maya actually dies? I'd keep that stuff for the fourth/fifth case.

They would also need to giver her sufficient screen time to make it not look like cheap shock value.
RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Dogtimus Prime wrote:
You're lying, I know because my uncle is Capcom.

"My uncle works for a video game company which worked on a certain video game that I'm hyped for" cliché. (DING)

RayquazaSenpai rips off nitpicking everything for fun from CinemaSins. *ding*
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Considering just how ingrained Maya's existence is into this series, being the second-most iconic character of all time, it's not just the sales that will be hurt. Takumi will be too, and then this franchise will be FOREVER RUINED.

Satirical melodrama aside, I figure a tragic story with such an iconic character will be difficult to pull off, should they consider it. Maya is one of those characters who really can't be replaced if she does go. Though she has yet to return for a game set in AJ+ time, she's still important enough to earn a reference here and a cameo there. And above all, she will never be "obsolete". The story of the Fey Clan? Yes. Maya herself? No. If she's ridden, we might as well rid of Nick or Edgeworth... and on that thought, just restart the entire main series with a new cast like how Apollo Justice was originally meant to be.

No. If Maya is showing up in this game, and it's teased pretty heavily that she will be, she won't be at risk of dying. Being attacked, however, is a completely different story...
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The Enigma

Maya almost dying=possible
Maya actually being kill off=sounds like a sick fanfiction of Yamazaki's (unless he pulls some sort of twist where her death is faked...and it's really a clone)
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Gardevoir lover

I'm honestly kind of curious to see how diehard Maya fans would react to something like that but personally i don't want her to die. Maya probably one of my least favorite assistants but i wouldn't really like it if she died.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Considering just how ingrained Maya's existence is into this series, being the second-most iconic character of all time, it's not just the sales that will be hurt. Takumi will be too, and then this franchise will be FOREVER RUINED.

Satirical melodrama aside, I figure a tragic story with such an iconic character will be difficult to pull off, should they consider it. Maya is one of those characters who really can't be replaced if she does go. Though she has yet to return for a game set in AJ+ time, she's still important enough to earn a reference here and a cameo there. And above all, she will never be "obsolete". The story of the Fey Clan? Yes. Maya herself? No. If she's ridden, we might as well rid of Nick or Edgeworth... and on that thought, just restart the entire main series with a new cast like how Apollo Justice was originally meant to be.

No. If Maya is showing up in this game, and it's teased pretty heavily that she will be, she won't be at risk of dying. Being attacked, however, is a completely different story...

This. And Takumi would kill Yamazaki instead.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

The Real Human Being

>mfw game comes out
>Mfw Medium Murdered
>Mfw if Maya was the victim

They wouldn't do that, they know better.

Trust me.

Alexander James

That would just ruin the story. Of course they wouldn't do that.
If all of them are happy, then I shall be happy too.

The end of nonsense is near.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Given who'll be making AA6 I find it likely that Maya will return wrapped in bandages and were supposed to believe she's gonna have character development, but them you resolve some conflict and she removes the bandages.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Bandages are magic, man.

He's right you know. I mean have you ever noticed that you can get shot and torn to pieces, but wrapping a bandage around your leg instantly makes you feel much better? 'Cause it does.

Totally-Not-Miley Omelia Tigre

Dogtimus Prime wrote:
So since this game takes place in Kurain and there's a lot of focus on Spirit mediums, I was thinking about how cool the game will be when I realized.

"WHAT IF THEY MAKE MAYA A VICTIM?"

In hindsight, it makes a small amount of sense, with it being set in Kurain and Maya not being shown in any of the trailers, then again, that's normal, they're probably saving Maya until we see her in-game or she won't appear (which, quite frankly, would be ridiculous). On the other hand they could be saving the shock until the game. The possibility of Maya becoming one of the victims absolutely terrifies me, I hope they don't go down that route because it would be just wrong, just....wrong.

If she is a victim, so what? Capcom will make her come back with the fact that she "hid herself while she repaired herself."

:jake: :yogi:
*insert weird signature here*

Beware of the Dog

I don't really know, honestly. On the one hand, I think it's kind of to late for her to make a real comeback, and it would be some kind of nice drama, but on the other hand she just... shouldn't die. But it would be quite great if she faked her death, I think. At least if they don't do it in a way that's so totally Edgeworth that everyone will say "How can you be so uncreative?" :ron:

And now a funny thought just crossed my mind. What are the chances that Maya, as a victim, somehow gets injured and recovers alright, but her bandages make her look like Apollo during DD?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

So, Kurain kingdom would have a special sort of bandages looking like Apollo's face? I don't think that's very likely. Also, it would get confusing since Apollo is in GS6 too. :eh?:

Yes, I understood what you meant.

It doesn't need to be like Apollo. She could look like Gumshoe in AAI or Kay in GK2.

Yamazaki sure likes bandages.

Beware of the Dog

Well, it would be like "What the heck...?" I mean, it's kind of very very strange if exactly the same thing happens to not really related characters.

This is probably the way I'd be happiest to see Maya come back, honestly. Immediately, profound emotional stakes in a case, while also being to dredge up a lot of bittersweet memories in the characters I like a great deal more than Maya.

luck wrote:
It doesn't need to be like Apollo. She could look like Gumshoe in AAI or Kay in GK2.

It is one of the essences of shonen or shojo battle manga... well, I can't say I know for sure what Yamazaki used to work for before Capcom.

What I meant was while she would look like Apollo with some sort of eye bandage, but unlike Apollo and Kay, she didn't shut herself up while she was. (And Gumshoe didn't either, but his was merely an accident he caused himself, so it doesn't count.) I want to see Yamazaki write an injured character who isn't only going to mope about his or her failures. Maya is a strong and independent young woman, so make her so.

And besides, it'd be the perfect opportunity for a character with a covered eye to talk like a pirate. Come on, GyakuSai! You know you want this!

Great Revival

If she acted like a pirate it would suit Maya so well.

Yes. And she should get herself a nice pirate name as well, a little bit like when she became "Maya the ironclad" in PLvsPW. (But I still think she should have Apollo's face)

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
luck wrote:

It is one of the essences of shonen or shojo battle manga... well, I can't say I know for sure what Yamazaki used to work for before Capcom.

What I meant was while she would look like Apollo with some sort of eye bandage, but unlike Apollo and Kay, she didn't shut herself up while she was. (And Gumshoe didn't either, but his was merely an accident he caused himself, so it doesn't count.) I want to see Yamazaki write an injured character who isn't only going to mope about his or her failures. Maya is a strong and independent young woman, so make her so.

And besides, it'd be the perfect opportunity for a character with a covered eye to talk like a pirate. Come on, GyakuSai! You know you want this!

I admit, it would be a relief to see Yamazaki pull the whole bandage act again, to then just make the character see the fun in it. "Heey, Nick! Look I've got an eye patch. Arrrr!" :maya:
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Great Revival

Going for Miles wrote:
Yes. And she should get herself a nice pirate name as well, a little bit like when she became "Maya the ironclad" in PLvsPW. (But I still think she should have Apollo's face)

It is I! Feybeard!

Beware of the Dog

I know we are talking about Maya, but isn't she a little bit too... old for this?

Great Revival

Viktoria von Karma wrote:
I know we are talking about Maya, but isn't she a little bit too... old for this?

Maya wouldn't change that much, if you pay close attention to the games, she does have a serious side. She just prefers not to be. It's almost like me, actually. :eh?:
Page 1 of 2 [ 76 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)