Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 3 of 8[ 320 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Re: Unpopular Video Game OpinionsTopic%20Title

Elohim Essaim Elohim Essaim

I personally found Ace Attorney Investigations to be really boring. *gets shot*

Like, I don't know. I got to the 4th case, and I was just done with it. All the guilty people are extremely annoying, roaming is limited (which is a real shame, like, why even bother giving characters walking animations and then restrict where they can go so much?), and It's just... just... bad in my opinion. The only good thing is that you get to play as Edgeqorth, but they make him have as much bad luck as Maggey Byrde! It's infuriating, and really, it could have been so much better. School Days is better than AAI. There, I said it.

I'm not even sure if this opinion is unpopular though...
"I'm in lesbians with you" - Scott Pilgrim

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Yeah, you really aren't in the minority there. AAI was not considered the franchise's finest moment. Although ironically, its sequel is considered one of the best, if not THE best, games in the series.

TheMoonlitAttorney wrote:

Like, I don't know. I got to the 4th case, and I was just done with it.

I personally enjoyed GK, but only cause it had lots of Edgeworth.

Though the last case is shit. It takes too long and the "big bad" is a disappointment, then proceeds to begin a Filibuster. As Hii'mdaisy's AAI comic said: "MY EXTRATERRITORIAL POWERS ARE TOO BIG TO LET THIS GAME END!!" or something along those lines. Honestly, when the rebuttal came for when the big bad supposedly saw the performance as his alibi, I knew instantly that he'd mention seeing the spear move, meaning he didn't watch it, cause the spear broke pre-performance and they had to change things.

Like, guys. If you're gonna make a Filibuster, at least make both candidates hot or interesting enough to listen to. Especially about something stupid like this. Also, get the fuck rid of Kay, she was pointless. Edgeworth doesn't NEED a teenage sidekick. He already has Gumshoe AND Franziska.

Spoiler: AAI
I STILL don't understand why Albus took the fake statue in, to supposedly keep himself from being suspected... The statue in the other building would've been seen as a fake and no power change would've happened.

C-A

Like, I don't know. I got to the 4th case, and I was just done with it. All the guilty people are extremely annoying, roaming is limited (which is a real shame, like, why even bother giving characters walking animations and then restrict where they can go so much?), and It's just... just... bad in my opinion. The only good thing is that you get to play as Edgeqorth, but they make him have as much bad luck as Maggey Byrde! It's infuriating, and really, it could have been so much better. School Days is better than AAI. There, I said it.

I'm not even sure if this opinion is unpopular though...

That's not really an unpopular opinion. AAI2 is usually considered great, though. You should play and see that the AAI writer can actually come up with something great.
Signature loading, please wait...

cesar26100 wrote:
You should play and see that the AAI writer can actually come up with something great.

Like the great revelation that the prosecutor to Karma's time was corrupted? Uh... yeah that wasn't a revelation. That was pretty much admitted in a flashback of 1-4. :ron:

Unpopular opinion, I hate Princess Peach. I much prefer Daisy, once she was given the more tomboyish treatment.

C-A

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I hate Super Mario 64. The camera and controls are wonky and the objectives involve a lot of searching the level instead of just reaching the end of the level.

I'm not sure what would be considered more unpopular, but I think AAI1 and AJ are the worst games in the series. AAI2, however, is one of the best.

CatMuto wrote:
cesar26100 wrote:
You should play and see that the AAI writer can actually come up with something great.

Like the great revelation that the prosecutor to Karma's time was corrupted? Uh... yeah that wasn't a revelation. That was pretty much admitted in a flashback of 1-4. :ron:

Unpopular opinion, I hate Princess Peach. I much prefer Daisy, once she was given the more tomboyish treatment.

C-A

Yeah, there's totally nothing else in the story of that game other than stuff related to the DL-6 incident.
Signature loading, please wait...

Gardevoir lover

I actually like Ace Attorney investigations....
*slowly walks away*

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

cesar26100 wrote:
Yeah, there's totally nothing else in the story of that game other than stuff related to the DL-6 incident.

Of course there isn't. Edgeworth's entire past is made up of DL-6, which was the only thing that could have had any effect on him to turn him into the person that he is today. And by extention, this means his father, who died during DL-6, has nothing to go for him other than DL-6, since he had no past prior to it. And we all know Karma is nothing but DL-6. Wait, I'm not sure if I wanted that to be in the sarcasm-orange color...

Quote:
I actually like Ace Attorney investigations....
*slowly walks away*

I enjoy it, too. Yeah, it has some... major... flaws. But I overall still enjoy it, because Edgeworth is more intelligent than Phoenix. Also, logic. LOGIC AS A FREAKING GAME MECHANIC, WHOOOOOP!! Now if only it allowed me to go from Point A to D, as I am wont to correctly do a lot, and make cases shorter than having to go their slow-ass route...

C-A

Kind of been offline for a while

Sir Duke wrote:
Yoshi's New World has to be one of the worst sequels in gaming. It took everything amazing from the series and soiled it. The graphics were ugly and had no charm, the gameplay difficulty fluctuates, but...the music. It's so abysmal, so atrociously awful it hurts my ears to listen.

Not entirely sure that's a very unpopular opinion, In fact, It's quite a common one.
Personally, I think that Majora's Mask was too short. Now, I'm not saying it needed to be as long as ALttP, but it could've had more content, Maybe an extra dungeon or two, and maybe even some more days and events. maybe to avoid going against the theme of stages of greif, they could add in a stage based on guilt, or something like that. I enjoyed what I played, it just felt too short to be a Zelda game. oh, and better dungeon music. a few banshee screams in the background of Woodfall temple wasn't exactly music to my ears.

ThatoneJimmy wrote:
Personally, I think that Majora's Mask was too short. Now, I'm not saying it needed to be as long as ALttP, but it could've had more content, Maybe an extra dungeon or two, and maybe even some more days and events. maybe to avoid going against the theme of stages of greif, they could add in a stage based on guilt, or something like that. I enjoyed what I played, it just felt too short to be a Zelda game. oh, and better dungeon music. a few banshee screams in the background of Woodfall temple wasn't exactly music to my ears.

I don't recall Nintendo ever stating that grief stages was their actual intent with Majora. Pretty sure that's just a theory that some players have cooked up and decided to treat it as canon. You know, just like those timelines.

But I agree. I personally hate Majora, but I think it could've been a more enjoyable game, had there been more dungeons... or better though out ones. Face it, the Woodfall Temple is not all that interesting, the Stone Temple is "do this temple technically twice, only this time it's upside-down" and the Great Bay Temple is basically Water Temple, only instead of water levels via music, you fiddled with pipes. I always wanted to play a game that made me feel like a plumber! The Snow Temple is... it's okay, but not great. The mechanics are nice, but the designs were pretty boring... I've said it before, but just look at the Ancient Cistern in Skyward! It's gorgeous! I wouldn't say the mechanics in it entirely were amazing, but the design and theme of it was wonderful. (Especially once I learned a trick to skip majority of the basement part, cause fuck that slow place.)

C-A

ThatoneJimmy wrote:
Personally, I think that Majora's Mask was too short. Now, I'm not saying it needed to be as long as ALttP

um...

Majora's Mask takes considerably longer to beat than Link to the Past, especially if you're getting everything.

Unless you speedrun them, in which case they take about the same amount of time.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
ThatoneJimmy wrote:
Personally, I think that Majora's Mask was too short. Now, I'm not saying it needed to be as long as ALttP

um...

Majora's Mask takes considerably longer to beat than Link to the Past, especially if you're getting everything.

Unless you speedrun them, in which case they take about the same amount of time.

Practically any game can take very long if you go for everything.

I believe ToJ was talking about the time it took to start the game, get past the introduction and complete all plot necessary things to finish the game.

C-A

Even doing that, I think it'd still take longer than if you did the same in LttP unless you knew exactly what to do in the former and had no clue in the latter. LttP might have more dungeons than MM but they're significantly shorter.

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
cesar26100 wrote:

Of course there isn't. Edgeworth's entire past is made up of DL-6, which was the only thing that could have had any effect on him to turn him into the person that he is today. And by extention, this means his father, who died during DL-6, has nothing to go for him other than DL-6, since he had no past prior to it. And we all know Karma is nothing but DL-6. Wait, I'm not sure if I wanted that to be in the sarcasm-orange color...

Yes, the musings of someone who never finished the game are totally accurate to the entire story and in no way biased. Seriously, DL-6 is relevant for all of one case. The game has its own story.
CatMuto wrote:
I don't recall Nintendo ever stating that grief stages was their actual intent with Majora. Pretty sure that's just a theory that some players have cooked up and decided to treat it as canon. You know, just like those timelines.

You linked the wrong trope.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Even doing that, I think it'd still take longer than if you did the same in LttP unless you knew exactly what to do in the former and had no clue in the latter. LttP might have more dungeons than MM but they're significantly shorter.

Not only that, but the lead up to each of the dungeons is quite longer than any dungeon in a LttP. You usually have to go out of the way to complete a mini-dungeon or accomplish some progressive quests before you can enter a dungeon. In LttP, 99% of the time, you can just waltz right in. Sure you traverse from one dungeon to the next, but it's still quicker as the overworld is a whole lot smaller.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Not only that, but the lead up to each of the dungeons is quite longer than any dungeon in a LttP. You usually have to go out of the way to complete a mini-dungeon or accomplish some progressive quests before you can enter a dungeon. In LttP, 99% of the time, you can just waltz right in. Sure you traverse from one dungeon to the next, but it's still quicker as the overworld is a whole lot smaller.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Elohim Essaim Elohim Essaim

Majora's Mask is short due to having only a year for programming. I thought everyone knew that... but in reality, they should have added a lot more to MM3D. They had a buttload of time and fan support. Why not add more to such a good game?
"I'm in lesbians with you" - Scott Pilgrim

Kind of been offline for a while

When i said the game was short, I meant it really felt like it didn't have enough dungeons, and most of the tedious waiting is removed in MM: 3d. when i say extra dungeon or two, I mean Optional ones, Not required ones. maybe make the pacing for getting to the dungeons faster, have some optional dungeons, and an actual soundtrack for dungeons, as well as better dungeons, and it would have been a much better game.

Majora's Mask is short due to having only a year for programming. I thought everyone knew that... but in reality, they should have added a lot more to MM3D. They had a buttload of time and fan support. Why not add more to such a good game?

Why would a year of programming resort in a shorter game? That's not going to determine the length, they built it off of OoT, which is a bit more lengthy than LttP, but because they spent a year modifying that into a new game, it automatically makes it shorter of a game?

I agree with Jimmy that only having 4 main dungeons makes the game feel shorter than a LttP, but even going through the games normally, LttP is much easier to beat in one afternoon where MM may take me a couple of days. The pacing is quicker, the overworld is smaller, and the dungeons are much shorter in LttP compared to MM. MM is just a longer game because it's much more fleshed out and things take much more time where LttP is much more basic in design, allowing things to go by quicker.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

sumguy28 wrote:
Yes, the musings of someone who never finished the game are totally accurate to the entire story and in no way biased. Seriously, DL-6 is relevant for all of one case. The game has its own story.

It's an AA game. Their "stories" are not intricate enough to be impossible to understand, unless you play them. Also, I read about the entire story. Basically, the big things happened cause someone has severe daddy issues and daddy is a giant dick. By the way, the thing with the head prosecutor I mentioned, I only mentioned it cause I kept reading how people thought it was a super surprise.
How can it be a surprise, if it was revealed in 1-4, years ago?

Quote:
Why not add more to such a good game?

But that would've CHANGED things! And we don't like change! We don't like change! We don't like change! *throws tantrum on floor* (I will use this pink shade from now on, in order to convey extreme immature behavior and words)

Though if I were to list what they could've done to make me like Majora... get rid of the NPCs, I don't want to have to help people to proceed for goddamn stupid masks. Majority of them being pointless to have, anyway. (Yes, Lightning Returns also has me helping NPCs a lot, but there it makes more sense cause I get parameter increases for doing quests. That's a useful reward. And not a stupid mask that looks boring and manipulates people into being nice, just so I can have a goddamn heart piece)

Also, really change up the dungeons... maybe add more. Oh, and PLEASE, for the love of crap, remove the Mikau scene. (Yes, you can heal him just fine without talking to him when he collapses and skip that stupid scene, but it's such a stupid scene...) Kindly remove any talk of how the SkullKid is a poor fwightened widdle boy. Yeah, I'll forgive him for knocking me down, stealing my shit and horse, because he's just a widdle chyyyyld. And make Majora more present, please. Majora is among the easy forgettable villains cause they're never AROUND, doing anything.

To get away from Zelda: I hate how Baby Bowser is often the boss in Yoshi-based games. Why!? Okay, I sort of understood it in Yoshi's Island, because it seemed to be focusing on baby versions, so okay. But Wooly World? WHY!? Why not Kamek? She (He, I forget?) is mostly there as the big threat, anyway, often the one starting the problems. And then, after I've chased Kamek over several worlds, suddenly Baby Bowser appears.

Also, why only 6 Worlds in Wooly World!? Even ignoring the extra level in each world, if you collect that world's entire Flower collection, it's still pretty dang short. Where are world 7 and 8?

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
It's an AA game. Their "stories" are not intricate enough to be impossible to understand, unless you play them. Also, I read about the entire story. Basically, the big things happened cause someone has severe daddy issues and daddy is a giant dick.

My point was that DL-6 was only tangentially related, but you seemed to insist otherwise.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Enoshima Junko-chan!

The Wii U is the best console for this generation. It was backwards compatible from the start, you don't need to install games in order to play them, and its primary purpose is to play games.

Surf's Up!

AAI is my favourite AA game, and I liked PM: Sticker Star.

MBr wrote:
I hate Super Mario 64. The camera and controls are wonky and the objectives involve a lot of searching the level instead of just reaching the end of the level.

You do know it's a 3D platform game, and not a 2D one right? All 3D platformers do that, otherwise being able to move in 3D would be pointless.

I've felt worse.

NinjaMonkey wrote:
AAI is my favourite AA game, and I liked PM: Sticker Star.

MBr wrote:

You do know it's a 3D platform game, and not a 2D one right? All 3D platformers do that, otherwise being able to move in 3D would be pointless.

Crash Bandicoot.

sumguy28 wrote:
NinjaMonkey wrote:
MBr wrote:

Crash Bandicoot.

Buzz Lightyear of Star Command (back during the days when Disney still made halfway decent licensed games)

Yay

My unpopular opinion: Halo 3 sucks. It is not a good game, or a good shooter. Why people keep saying it is amazing? Really, it is not, it's shit. The gameplay is repetitive and the characters are dumb. Some part of the soundtrack is good but that's about it.

*wonk*

If I had to say a game, my best guess would be Tetris.

I don't know, I find the game boring. :nick: Mainly because the game spawns the first block that comes to its mind regardless of the blocks already on the screen.
yes

CowboyKing wrote:
My unpopular opinion: Halo 3 sucks. It is not a good game, or a good shooter. Why people keep saying it is amazing? Really, it is not, it's shit. The gameplay is repetitive and the characters are dumb. Some part of the soundtrack is good but that's about it.

Halo in general sucks. Ditto Call of Duty. Ditto... majority of shooters. I guess shooters for me are like... a puzzle game with a story behind it. It makes no sense to have it there, especially since the gameplay will overall not care about the story and go on as it is. What does it matter WHO I am shooting - the rebels against the government, the government's army itself or an opposing country's infiltrating army - I'm just gonna shoot them, anyway, and get points/rewards for it! Ditto with, like, Tetris Attack. A Yoshi Tetris-like game where the story is something-or-other-with-Bowser, doesn't fucking matter, you're just gonna be too concerned with pushing blocks.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
I guess shooters for me are like... a puzzle game with a story behind it. It makes no sense to have it there, especially since the gameplay will overall not care about the story and go on as it is.

Uncharted.

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
I guess shooters for me are like... a puzzle game with a story behind it. It makes no sense to have it there, especially since the gameplay will overall not care about the story and go on as it is.

Uncharted.

I see your Uncharted, and raise you Portal 1 & 2.

TheDoctor wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Uncharted.

I see your Uncharted, and raise you Portal 1 & 2.

Portal needs no story. I don't care what the story behind GLaDOS is, I just wanna hear her talk more. I like her voice.

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

MBr wrote:
The Wii U is the best console for this generation. It was backwards compatible from the start, you don't need to install games in order to play them, and its primary purpose is to play games.

I agree with you completely. It sucks that it didn't sell better.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Great Revival

dimentiorules wrote:
MBr wrote:

I also agree, I mean...Sm4sh alone makes it one of the best consoles ever.

Oliver wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:
MBr wrote:

I also agree, I mean...Sm4sh alone makes it one of the best consoles ever.

A crossover game should not be the sole reason why a console would be great. Overall a decent library is good, but if it the first party sole franchise games are good, that's a better reason for saying the console is good.

C-A

Great Revival

Meh, well then, Mario 3D World, the new Zelda coming out, all the indie games, Bayinetta 1&2 *fifty years later* and finally, Super Mario Maker.

Oliver wrote:
Meh, well then, Mario 3D World, the new Zelda coming out, all the indie games, Bayinetta 1&2 *fifty years later* and finally, Super Mario Maker.

.........yeah, sure. :ron:

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

I consider Ghost Trick to be Shu Takumi's magnum opus. That's right, not one of the Ace Attorney games, Ghost Trick. This is coming from someone who's a huge Ace Attorney fan, if I wasnt, I wouldn't be here, would I? Ghost Trick is an absolute masterpiece that is honestly one of the best games I've ever played, its storyline is compelling, and there's never anything that feels like filler, unlike the GS series. The ending is quite possibly the best ending of any game I've ever played, I honestly think it's better than any of the GS games. It's the best game that Takumi's ever worked on, IMHO.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

I actually agree with you there.

Great Revival

dimentiorules wrote:
I consider Ghost Trick to be Shu Takumi's magnum opus. That's right, not one of the Ace Attorney games, Ghost Trick. This is coming from someone who's a huge Ace Attorney fan, if I wasnt, I wouldn't be here, would I? Ghost Trick is an absolute masterpiece that is honestly one of the best games I've ever played, its storyline is compelling, and there's never anything that feels like filler, unlike the GS series. The ending is quite possibly the best ending of any game I've ever played, I honestly think it's better than any of the GS games. It's the best game that Takumi's ever worked on, IMHO.

I think that's actually a pretty popular opinion...
Page 3 of 8 [ 320 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station