Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 2[ 45 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

What Apollo Says In the Extended Trailer... worries me...Topic%20Title

What's a Court Records?

At the end of the extended trailer, Apollo says: "I'm fine! Even if Mr. Wright's not here, I can fight! I have to win... even if that person is my opponent...!"
What really catches my attention is "Even if Mr. Wright's not here". Just what exactly does Apollo mean by that? Did the two of them just come at separate times and Apollo isn't aware that Phoenix is around or did Phoenix... die? I'd really hope it isn't the latter, since Capcom knows that he's the one that "prints money" and killing him off would make very little sense because of that. Even so, that line kind of worries me...
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord
Re: What Apollo Says In the Extended Trailer... worries me..Topic%20Title

Great Revival

Phoenix is probably just working on a case or something.

The cape is self-fluttering

Dollarluigi wrote:
At the end of the extended trailer, Apollo says: "I'm fine! Even if Mr. Wright's not here, I can fight! I have to win... even if that person is my opponent...!"
What really catches my attention is "Even if Mr. Wright's not here". Just what exactly does Apollo mean by that? Did the two of them just come at separate times and Apollo isn't aware that Phoenix is around or did Phoenix... die? I'd really hope it isn't the latter, since Capcom knows that he's the one that "prints money" and killing him off would make very little sense because of that. Even so, that line kind of worries me...

He probably just means that Phoenix is not currently in the courtroom. For what reason, not sure yet, but there's a difference between saying "even if Mr. Wright's not here" and saying "even though Mr. Wright is no longer with us." I highly doubt the latter is the case.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

What's a Court Records?

Jean Descole wrote:
Dollarluigi wrote:

He probably just means that Phoenix is not currently in the courtroom. For what reason, not sure yet, but there's a difference between saying "even if Mr. Wright's not here" and saying "even though Mr. Wright is no longer with us." I highly doubt the latter is the case.

I never wanted to believe the latter was the case, anyways. But I am still curious as to what Apollo was getting at... :ron:

NOTE: I didn't think I'd make the mistake I've hitting "PM" again instead of "Quote".
Why am I even here?

New~

After some thinking..it is scary though. Apollo is already experienced enough to be quite independent without Phoenix's guidance. He never once mentioned "even if mr wright isn't here." in past cases. So unless I AM wrong about that statement had been stated in past cases of Apollo. This IS quite scary.

Take it with grain of salt though.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Dollarluigi wrote:
Did the two of them just come at separate times and Apollo isn't aware that Phoenix is around or did Phoenix... die?

Plot twist: Yamazaki pulls a Shyamalan. Phoenix was dead all along and being channeled by Maya wearing his clothes.

No, it doesn't mean anything like that. It does suggest that Apollo will be taking his own cases without Nick having to watch him at work, which brings up interesting prospects... What if Apollo and Nick are taking two different cases at the same time? It could explain why Nick couldn't show up in that trial, but if he finishes it up first, he could show up anyway.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

D_Albertz wrote:
After some thinking..it is scary though. Apollo is already experienced enough to be quite independent without Phoenix's guidance. He never once mentioned "even if mr wright isn't here." in past cases. So unless I AM wrong about that statement had been stated in past cases of Apollo. This IS quite scary.

Take it with grain of salt though.

Or it's just shoddy writing.

#cynicsleuth

¡Protesto!

I think that Phoenix is arrested or something else.

Art Person

Dollarluigi wrote:
What really catches my attention is "Even if Mr. Wright's not here". Just what exactly does Apollo mean by that? Did the two of them just come at separate times and Apollo isn't aware that Phoenix is around or did Phoenix... die?

Why would they kill off Nick? It's stupid seeing as how they just forced him back into law in DD. If they wanted him dead DD would've been Apollo's game and Nick never got his badge back, leading to that tragic end of the 2nd trilogy in this game.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Like most good trailers it makes you anxious or excited to know what's actually happening in the game, so I think it's a play on the idea that Wright may be dead (but we all know he isn't)

I think what's happening is A) The music and vision is hazy in the Apollo part B) He's talking about Wright not being "here"... so my deduction is either A) that Apollo is dead and we're seeing him take part in an otherworldly trial through that ghost mirror, only being able to communicate to him like Mia (fitting since Nick is his mentor), that B) It's the opposite of that, so Wright's Dead and watching Apollo from inside the spirit world (I really doubt this) or C) That Apollo is somehow trapped inside a mystical spirit-world, maybe in a dream or vision...

...or maybe we're just watching Apollo having a trial in the courtroom from a remote location. Perhaps Nick is arrested in this game. Perhaps Kristoph is getting his revenge... again?

Either way, it's interesting and something is going on here, but I just doubt they'd kill Nick when the whole point of this game is to milk the crap out of him.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Gettin' Old!

Maybe in that scenario Nick was meant to be there but is being held up so he can gather more important evidence/make a dramatic entrance when things look bad.

Either way there's no chance Phoenix is dead. There's more chance of Maya not showing up than Phoenix being dead.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

What's a Court Records?

You all make good points. Phoenix ending up dead would be the least likely; I believe that we can all agree on that. But what Apollo's getting at... I certainly hope it just means that Phoenix isn't there at that exact moment.

....Or maybe Phoenix just dumped him there and left him behind to figure everything out on his own! XD
Why am I even here?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

linkenski wrote:
C) That Apollo is somehow trapped inside a mystical spirit-world

:holdit:
Did you say "spirit world"?!

...Ace Attorney X Avatar crossover. Make it happen, Capcom!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

linkenski wrote:
...or maybe we're just watching Apollo having a trial in the courtroom from a remote location. Perhaps Nick is arrested in this game. Perhaps Kristoph is getting his revenge... again?

:kristoph: "I know! I'll break out of prison and head to the far west of Asia! No defense attorney will be able to confound my plans ever again!"
> Nick & Apollo arrive via plane
:Kristoph-hair:

So uh... what would be Kristoph's plan if he somehow is there?

Dollarluigi wrote:
....Or maybe Phoenix just dumped him there and left him behind to figure everything out on his own! XD

Even sadder if Athena and Trucy aren't even around to support him.

I really like the idea of two different trials happening at once, and each of them take on a case. And due to the nature of Yamazaki's scenarios, they're gonna connect somehow.

Buuut, I think it's just a case of Phoenix being held up, either in prison (what did he do? maybe piss off Leyfa too many times?) or is out doing last-minute investigations because they couldn't find enough before the trial starts. Worse case scenario, instead of Maya, it's him who gets assaulted and he's stuck back on a bed.

...Hopefully he didn't fall on or off or around a bridge again.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Well, apparently Phoenix is in Kurain for 'a certain goal', so it wouldn't be surprising if he's just too busy to take all the cases.

迷探偵

Phoenix loses the first case, gets thrown in jail. Six months later, Apollo arrives to save Phoenix (who hasn't had a haircut in the whole year) from prison.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Great Revival

Ash wrote:
Phoenix loses the first case, gets thrown in jail. Six months later, Apollo arrives to save Phoenix (who hasn't had a haircut in the whole year) from prison.

Hobo Phoenix 2: Electric Boogaloo
Yeah... That might be interesting to see, actually.

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
linkenski wrote:

:kristoph: "I know! I'll break out of prison and head to the far west of Asia! No defense attorney will be able to confound my plans ever again!"

Insanity :P

What's a Court Records?

linkenski wrote:

Dollarluigi wrote:

Even sadder if Athena and Trucy aren't even around to support him.

I really like the idea of two different trials happening at once, and each of them take on a case. And due to the nature of Yamazaki's scenarios, they're gonna connect somehow.

Buuut, I think it's just a case of Phoenix being held up, either in prison (what did he do? maybe piss off Leyfa too many times?) or is out doing last-minute investigations because they couldn't find enough before the trial starts. Worse case scenario, instead of Maya, it's him who gets assaulted and he's stuck back on a bed.

...Hopefully he didn't fall on or off or around a bridge again.

I certainly hope Trucy and Athena can come. Well, just Trucy, at least. :P
Why am I even here?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

And speaking of the trailer, I added my own subbed version:

Spoiler:
In the far parts of West Asia...

A mystic country
The Kingdom of Kurain

The country's judicial system...
...consists of "hopeless trials".

Bokto: I... I didn't kill anyone! Help... Please, help me...

The laws of Kurain dictate that trials be held...
WITHOUT LAWYERS

Judge: That's enough. In this country, there is not a single lawyer who can help you.

:objection:

Phoenix: Not a single lawyer who can help the defendant, huh? Well, I blatantly disagree, Your Honor!

A Traveling Attorney
Phoenix Wright

Judge: Who... Who are you?!

Phoenix: Me? I'm a lawyer who happens to be visiting. And a verdict without a proper defense is unacceptable in my book!

ENOUGH!

Leifa: How foolish, foreigner. Your kind is not welcome in our court system.

Kurain's Mystic Princess
Leifa Padma Kurain

Here, only my first-class spiritual powers are capable of deciding the verdict.

Spirit Vision

Behold...

A sacred technique that reveals the victim's final moments before their death

Leifa: Just before the victim died, he saw the defendant bring the weapon down!

Phoenix: What the--! That really IS decisive!

An all-new country, an all-new courtroom...

Phoenix Wright faces his greatest challenge yet!

The Spiritual Court is now in session!

Phoenix: Even if that's the case, I still won't give up!

ACE ATTORNEY 6

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

What's a Court Records?

What has been recently confirmed is that Apollo will be taking on cases in Japanifornia while Phoenix is in Kurain. But I'm still curious about the trailer, since Apollo was shown in the Kurain court...
Why am I even here?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Dollarluigi wrote:
What has been recently confirmed is that Apollo will be taking on cases in Japanifornia while Phoenix is in Kurain. But I'm still curious about the trailer, since Apollo was shown in the Kurain court...

Remember those Dual Destinies pre-release screenshots of Edgeworth? They were in a normal courtroom, but Edgeworth's in-court appearance was in the destroyed Courtroom No. 4. And don't lecture me about late-game spoilers, DD was released two years ago. (Which reminds me, next week, it'll be EXACTLY two years since DD's release in the West.)

If there's going to be two protagonists (assuming Athena's not playable this time around- at least not in the main game), I could see them doing something along these lines:

Case 1- Phoenix (Kurain)
Case 2- Apollo (Japanifornia)
Case 3- Phoenix (K)
Case 4- Apollo (J)
Case 5- The two storylines converge in some way (Apollo has to go to Kurain? A single case spread across two countries?)

But yeah, it's possible that it's a misleading shot in the trailer.

Great Revival

Nausicaa wrote:
If there's going to be two protagonists (assuming Athena's not playable this time around- at least not in the main game), I could see them doing something along these lines:

Case 1- Phoenix (Kurain)
Case 3- Phoenix (K)
Case 4- Apollo (J)
Case 5- The two storylines converge in some way (Apollo has to go to Kurain? A single case spread across two countries?)

I was going to suggest the last case be in two embassies, but that'd be too similar to GK-5, wouldn't it?

What's a Court Records?

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Maybe Capcom will surprise us with something.
Why am I even here?

Oliver wrote:
Nausicaa wrote:

Case 1- Phoenix (Kurain)
Case 3- Phoenix (K)
Case 4- Apollo (J)

I was going to suggest the last case be in two embassies, but that'd be too similar to GK-5, wouldn't it?

Just for the fact that internationality is already a theme, I've been fearing something like this will eventually happen ever since this game was unveiled. Please, please, please, please, please, DON'T ever try to take ideas shared by AAI-5, EVER! :basil:

Great Revival

linkenski wrote:
Oliver wrote:
Nausicaa wrote:

Case 1- Phoenix (Kurain)
Case 3- Phoenix (K)
Case 4- Apollo (J)

Just for the fact that internationality is already a theme, I've been fearing something like this will eventually happen ever since this game was unveiled. Please, please, please, please, please, DON'T ever try to take ideas shared by AAI-5, EVER! :basil:

Hey, they can take one idea...
The Steel Samurai and Pink Princess help solve the case. :yogi:

Uuuuuughhhh :sadshoe: :nick-sweat: :edgeworth: :whip: :pizza2:

The only thing they should be taking from that case is the international theme and that's it... and maybe just a little cameo for that one forensics guy who spoke up.

Actually, they don't even need that international theme. We just need Phoenix out of the way to force Apollo to take his place in Kurain.

Great Revival

The only thing they should be taking from that case is the international theme and that's it... and maybe just a little cameo for that one forensics guy who spoke up.

Actually, they don't even need that international theme. We just need Phoenix out of the way to force Apollo to take his place in Kurain.

AND the Steel Samurai.

What's a Court Records?

What we need is Phoenix to just sit back and make Apollo do ALL of the work. XD
Why am I even here?

Going back to what Apollo says here, it does suggest that it's actually a line he says during a case in Japanifornia, where Mr. Wright is overseas and therefore unable to fly back there to help Apollo.

Then again, it's also possible that it's suggesting Apollo has turned off his cell to avoid any of Phoenix and Maya's beatboxing across international waves.

New~

But that requires him being...well..with Mia. :sadshoe:

Great Revival

D_Albertz wrote:

But that requires him being...well..with Mia. :sadshoe:

Not necessarily. I hope they won't use the kidnapping or being trapped plot again, but he could be kidnapped or trapped or something like that.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Or he ends gets injured or something (though, that'd be a bit like 3-5). Or thrown in jail.

Great Revival

I'd like for it to maybe be that he's a witness, but even that'd be too much like PLvPW with Luke.

Nausicaa wrote:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Or he ends gets injured or something (though, that'd be a bit like 3-5). Or thrown in jail.

Still gunning for that last one. Come on, arguing against the spiritual leader of the country and princess at that about mistaken practices that have since become law? That's gotta get him into some potential trouble.

I have never been happier to talk about sending a lawyer unjustly to prison than now. ^^

The cape is self-fluttering

Then again, it's also possible that it's suggesting Apollo has turned off his cell to avoid any of Phoenix and Maya's beatboxing across international waves.

Unacceptable! :simon:
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Great Revival

Jean Descole wrote:

Unacceptable! :simon:

People say they want Apollo accused of murder, but this is a far greater crime.
He doesn't even deserve a lawyer. :edgeworth:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

For a second there, I thought he said "He doesn't deserve to be a lawyer".
Page 1 of 2 [ 45 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)