Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club

Page 1 of 1[ 21 posts ]

Most Disliked Christmas SongTopic%20Title

From November to December, sometimes even prior to those months, you begin to hear Christmas songs being played on the radio or over the systems in carols. Nice as some of them might be, there is one - or more - that you don't like hearing. Either it's too sappy, you don't like the melody or you got tired of it, cause it gets played so often.

While I overall can't stand Christmas songs, period, as anyone who has worked retail over Christmas knows how annoyingly frequent those songs become, I think I have to pick Last Christmas. It's such a sappy, whiney song and whaaa, you dumped up around/after Christmas! (Though statistics show that break ups between couples tend to happen more frequently after Christmas) And it's been over a year and now I'm still whining about it, whaaa.

C-A
Re: Most Disliked Christmas SongTopic%20Title

Well, if we ignore the usual suspects/commonly disliked Christmas songs (such as those obnoxcious 12 Days Of Christmas, or Feed The World), and focus more on songs that I hate, personally, although they seem to be popular with everyone I know, I'm gonna have to say Feliz Navidad. It's just horribly, horribly repetitive in my opinion. I mean, there's one version that at least has a few additional lyrics, but the version played everywhere I go is usually the one consisting of two sentences.

And then, there's something that's not a specific song, but a style in which many Christmas (and other) songs seem to be sung these days. I'm speaking of that oh-so-popular "I drank three bottles of Whisky, and now I think I'm the lovechild of Shakira and Whitney Houston" style where they whine and howl out their lyrics as if they're passing a kidney stone while recording it. Why on Earth is that so popular? I don't get it.
Same for the "I know this song has a rhythm and a melody, but I'm going to deliberately miss them as much as possible", where they have once heard someone highlighting the last part of a song by going an octave higher or holding one note a bit longer, and now think that singing out of pace and out of tune are the keys to success. Ugh! Hate it.

Gettin' Old!

Pessimistic_Fool wrote:
Well, if we ignore the usual suspects/commonly disliked Christmas songs (such as those obnoxcious 12 Days Of Christmas, or Feed The World), .

Ahem...,you might not want to write off those songs as universally disliked yet.

I love both of them and haven't heard of this potent hatred for them before you mentioned it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Red string of fate tied me to manilla

Sika by Juice Leskinen.

It's a Finnish song... About feeding a pig all year and eating it at Christmas. It's really weird and I don't like it. It was composed in the 70's I think...

Pierre wrote:
Pessimistic_Fool wrote:
Well, if we ignore the usual suspects/commonly disliked Christmas songs (such as those obnoxcious 12 Days Of Christmas, or Feed The World), .

Ahem...,you might not want to write off those songs as universally disliked yet.

I love both of them and haven't heard of this potent hatred for them before you mentioned it.

Personally, I prefer 12 Days Of Christmas when it's parodied. Like with The Simpsons.

C-A

Pierre wrote:
Pessimistic_Fool wrote:

I didn't. I said "commonly". Like them as you may, but they are disliked by a lot of people. I know because I've read similar threads to this one in several forums, and there are a few songs (such as the two mentioned) that get mentioned quite a lot.

As for parodies, I do like the 12 Pains Of Christmas. Partly because they change lines up a bit, and partly because it hasn't been played to death for me yet.

You know, a Mario game!

Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer. Just watch Todd In The Shadows' One Hit Wonderland video on it, as his thoughts on it pretty much mirror mine.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

ASCEND

I don't like "Sleigh Ride" for some reason. I'm not sure why. I think it was as a result of some kind of traumatic childhood experience.

dimentiorules wrote:
Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.

Also this.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

The Twisted Samurai

I'm going with the popular choice of Last Christmas by Wham.

Considering it ain't even an actual Christmas song only makes it worse and I cringe everytime I hear it nowadays...
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

I've felt worse.

Siiimply haaaving a wonderful Christmas time. S̢̩̻̯̩̱i̠͈̣͖̥̠̹i̱̫͇̘̠̣͍im͖̘͟p̪͎͈̘͝l̘͕͔y̱̫̹̦͎͈ ̢h͎̲a̱̼̜̱̬̠̫a͈̪͇̠̟̪a̴̮̺̳̜̞ͅv̸̻̤i͎͎͈͚̰̪ͅņ͎g̮̟͠

Mostly because of the terrible cover versions that keep playing on the radio.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:

Considering it ain't even an actual Christmas song only makes it worse and I cringe everytime I hear it nowadays...

Wait how is last Christmas not a Christmas song?

Its got jingle bells in it and Christmas in the title.

I do like the nice instrumental version of it with the saxophone though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The video game boy; the one who wins

"Rockin' around the Christmas tree" because I've always found it really shady.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

Ugh, yeah, I don't like that one either. Can't really pinpoint the one I dislike the most though... So many cheesy ones.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

The Twisted Samurai

Pierre wrote:
Coffee Prosecutor wrote:

It merely uses the word "Christmas".
You could replace the word "Christmas" with "Halloween" and nothing much would change.

Gettin' Old!

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Coffee Prosecutor wrote:

It merely uses the word "Christmas".
You could replace the word "Christmas" with "Halloween" and nothing much would change.

Well it wouldn't change the "christmas" melody of bells being used throughout the song to create the allusion to Christmas via Sleigh Bells.

Plus the whole concept of the song is about 'gift giving', something traditionally done at Christmas.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Enigma

I can't stand a lot of them! Mainly It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas, Here Comes Santa Claus, and Walking in a Winter Wonderland
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

The Twisted Samurai

@Pierre: Present giving *wink, wink*, yet, it doesn't really count as one to me, but heck.

Also, it is funny how I hardly ever heard some of the songs mentioned here.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

A couple weeks late, I know, but my least favorite would have to be "Hey, Sanna!" The spelling of "Santa" as "Sanna" is intentional, although I doubt the same is true for their mispronunciation. The other one that really irks me would have to be "Santa Baby."

I dislike the aforementioned "Last Christmas," although only when it's sung by anyone aside from the original artists. It's also very hard for me to like any version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," "Here Comes Santa Claus," "All I Want for Christmas is You," "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus," or "Wonderful Christmas Time."

I'd like Feliz Navidad more if it was shorter. Like, maybe if it only repeated itself four times or less.

There are plenty of Christmas Songs I like, but half the time it seems the radio stations only play the ones I dislike.

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

1. "Baby It's Cold Outside"
2. "All I Want for Christmas is You"
3. "Santa Baby"

Yeah, I like "old-timey" Christmas songs better. You know, the kind that Josh Groban sings or the ones they do during Catholic services. :godot:
The execution rests, Your Honor.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Santa Baby, since its most popular recording is of an annoying nasally woman trying to sound flirty.

The one I hate the most is Santa Baby like many others, I hate it because it sounds to sexual for a Christmas song, Christmas is mostly a kids holiday and kids shouldn't be hearing sexual stuff like this.
Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club