Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 16 of 16[ 633 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Re: Pokemon 6th Generation: X and YTopic%20Title

So, I rather like Milotic and wanted to see if Feebas was available in X/Y. It isn't. Well, okay, I still have Omega Ruby on my 3DS, I can just catch a Feebas there, give it to my husband and ask him to trade it to my Y character.

But, in order to change Feebas into Milotic, since the contests and stuff isn't in X/Y, I need to trade it with a Prism Scale attached. Well... Okay, where can I find the Prism Scale? In X/Y. So, the only way to get a Milotic in X/Y, unless I am lucky and get it via Wondertrade, is to get a Pokémon from a different game, give it the scale that is only available in my game and TRADE IT AWAY? Are you guys fucking high? Like hell I'll do that shit. I want a Milotic, not give it away to someone else!

No, I don't have friends who play Pokémon, no, I don't live in a crowded city like Tokyo and I do not trust people via online-trades. This is what I absolutely hate about Pokémon. Why should I have to trade pokémon away to get them to evolve? Especially if I'm the one trying to use them or get my Pokédex filled. It's not like I get the evolved Pokémon back or it's listed in my dex then. THIS is why I prefer the randomizer for Pokémon, where one of the options I can pick is "Change Impossible Evolutions" (yes, this is mostly meant for ROMs, where you cannot trade with people, but it's still a damn good option) which makes trade evolutions or similar to "Level up/Evolution Stone/Level up + this Skill" type of evolutions. Which I much prefer, I don't need to rely on other people.

I don't like relying on other people, I want to do this thing myself.

...that turned into more of a rant than I had intended. I'll go look at the clothes the female trainer can buy...

C-A

PS: You might ask, "Why not just get a Milotic traded to begin with?" but then I wouldn't have Feebas in my dex...

CatMuto wrote:
I don't like relying on other people, I want to do this thing myself.

C-A

I can give you a Feebas if you want.

Or, like, you could catch one in OR, trade it to Y, put the Scale on it, then trade it back to OR and to Y again.

I dunno if that works... can I have two 3DSes with the same account on it? No... probably can't... well, I do have two SD Cards... could I put OR onto another SD Card, then trade 'to myself' (with two 3DS consoles) between OR and Y? If so, that'd be cool, if not, well... I'm only at the beginning of Y (again), so it's not something I immediately need.

C-A

I think I figured out, why I dislike the beginning of Y so much - what it's three biggest problems were.
1. The pacing between Gym 1 and Gym 2 is enormous. Half of that stuff could be cut, it would make no impact.

2. You need to get to Gym 2 Town to actually really start with your trainer customization. The default clothes are already sporty and Cyllage town gives sporty clothes. I prefer Exotic or just something different, but I need to get through half the game, just to get to Laverre town with Gym 6, just so I can get other clothes types.

3. Absolutely pointless romance scene with Shauna. Like, either REALLY do something with a potential romance subplot or cut it out entirely. The entire premise of the Perfume Palace and awakening Snorlax is dumb. It's just padding - which I overall wouldn't mind, if it had some point to it. The romance idea with Shauna is only that one scene (and not even romantic, if you play as the girl), so it's not like they started up a subplot that was gonna go anywhere.

Actually, instead of having me traps through Perfume Palace to find a Furfrou, so I can get a damn flute, why not cut that out entirely and focus on something more important? Like, oh, AZ'S BACKGROUND? Instead of wasting my time with something this stupid, why not do something with all the potential they had but didn't use? (That's my main flaw with X/Y, it had such potential in various aspects, but didn't use it properly. ...was the game mentioned to have been rushed?)

C-A

Elohim Essaim Elohim Essaim

CatMuto wrote:
I think I figured out, why I dislike the beginning of Y so much - what it's three biggest problems were.
1. The pacing between Gym 1 and Gym 2 is enormous. Half of that stuff could be cut, it would make no impact.

2. You need to get to Gym 2 Town to actually really start with your trainer customization. The default clothes are already sporty and Cyllage town gives sporty clothes. I prefer Exotic or just something different, but I need to get through half the game, just to get to Laverre town with Gym 6, just so I can get other clothes types.

3. Absolutely pointless romance scene with Shauna. Like, either REALLY do something with a potential romance subplot or cut it out entirely. The entire premise of the Perfume Palace and awakening Snorlax is dumb. It's just padding - which I overall wouldn't mind, if it had some point to it. The romance idea with Shauna is only that one scene (and not even romantic, if you play as the girl), so it's not like they started up a subplot that was gonna go anywhere.

Actually, instead of having me traps through Perfume Palace to find a Furfrou, so I can get a damn flute, why not cut that out entirely and focus on something more important? Like, oh, AZ'S BACKGROUND? Instead of wasting my time with something this stupid, why not do something with all the potential they had but didn't use? (That's my main flaw with X/Y, it had such potential in various aspects, but didn't use it properly. ...was the game mentioned to have been rushed?)

C-A

I don't think so, but it does feel rather rushed, doesn't it? Maybe it'll be fixed when they come out with Pokemon Z (hopefully). But I still like one thing about gen 6 that I can always remember. When I first played it, it gave me a huge wave of nostalgia because it felt like I was actually playing a completely new game! It reminded me of when I first played pokemon (I started with gen 2) and that's why I like gen 6. So basically, I really like the opening. Well, not the "rivals".
Hmm... well I'm sure you understand what I mean.
"I'm in lesbians with you" - Scott Pilgrim

Great Revival

I'm not sure if this is a thread for ORAS too, but since it's 6 Gen I'll put it here.

I've not played my copy in a while and I was in the middle of the Delta episode, can someone tell me what all the objectives are so I can try and remember what I'm supposed to do?

Crescent Moon wrote:
I don't think so, but it does feel rather rushed, doesn't it? Maybe it'll be fixed when they come out with Pokemon Z (hopefully).

Highly doubt it. X/Y refers to the axis (...axi?) on the Quadrat, so there's no really connection to make Z.

I hope that, when they bring 7th Gen out - or remakes of Gen IV cause we all know that's coming, they keep a few mechanics and improve others. For example, trainer customization. When people complained that the customization was lacking in X/Y, we don't mean remove it entirely! Just improve it, more clothes types for the male trainer... more hairdos... an option for crazier haircolors, like blue, pink, purple, green... an option to not wear a hat or change the head accessory to a headband, tiny hat, ribbon, etc.

Also, heavier emphasis on the Fairy type again. ORAS felt so boring cause Fairy type was like... eh. Practically nonexistent. I want a Fairy Gym again - or a Fairy Elite. You know, make Poison and Steel pokémon more important. You had a Poison Gym, keep going with that.

Quote:
Well, not the "rivals".

There are no rivals in X/Y. Only extremely girly men kids.

Quote:
I've not played my copy in a while and I was in the middle of the Delta episode, can someone tell me what all the objectives are so I can try and remember what I'm supposed to do?

Unfortunately can't help, I may have seen the beginning, but don't care about the Delta episode, nor am I inclined to take care of it. I only went post-game to trade a few pokémon with my husband. All I remember is getting tickets for some meteor shower or something.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Highly doubt it. X/Y refers to the axis (...axi?) on the Quadrat, so there's no really connection to make Z.

The Cartesian coordinate system has a z-axis as well. :ron:
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

was literally just going to post that

Plus with the new Zygarde forms Nintendo's all but flat-out confirmed there's going to be a Pokemon Z.

I'd be all for more customization, though. Not having it in ORAS really killed a lot of my interest to keep playing.

Gardevoir lover

Oliver wrote:
I'm not sure if this is a thread for ORAS too, but since it's 6 Gen I'll put it here.

I can't remember the exact order off the top of my head so here's the order off of Serebii.
http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/deltaepisode.shtml

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Great Revival

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Oliver wrote:

I can't remember the exact order off the top of my head so here's the order off of Serebii.
http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/deltaepisode.shtml

Thanks!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
I'd be all for more customization, though. Not having it in ORAS really killed a lot of my interest to keep playing.

True. I mean, I got OR cause I thought, hey, watching Patterrz or PBG go through OR/AS, respectively, was fun enough. Then I played the game, Fairy types were practically nonexistent and ignored, no customization on the trainer*, you have to go through majority of the game to unlock Eevee as a potential encounter... and the story was as stupid as ever.

* I may understand not putting it in, to keep it akin to Gen III, but THIS IS A REMAKE! It means you enhance things and don't throw everything you recently put into the previous games away. (And why the hell did they not just bring out Theta Emerald or Lambda Emerald or whatever the fuck? Just give us Emerald's enhanced version, I rather would like to see Wallace as the champion)

Quote:
The Cartesian coordinate system has a z-axis as well. :ron:

...I suck at math, okay?!

C-A

PS: My main issue right now is, I want to get Eevee's friendship up ASAP and just exited Stonehenge Geosenge Town. I don't want to keep leveling it up, I don't want to miss shit for it to turn into Umbreon. (- Def + Sp Def nature) Urgh, why can't they just make Eevee turn into Umbreon with a Moonstone and Espeon with a Dawn/Sun Stone? If I get an Eevee, I wanna try to evolve it ASAP.

If you have the Soothe Bell, give it to Eevee and just ride around on the bike for a few minutes. Even if you don't have it, I think riding around still works but it might take a bit longer.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
If you have the Soothe Bell, give it to Eevee and just ride around on the bike for a few minutes. Even if you don't have it, I think riding around still works but it might take a bit longer.

Too far away. Yes, I consider Shalour City too far away from Route 10, where I can catch Eevee.

C-A

Danksgiving

just gonna drop this here

Sleeping is my life.

Well, it's not confirmed about whether these new titles are official. I guess we have to wait until the Nintendo Direct tomorrow.

Well, the 'info' I saw was obviously talking about the Gen I... re-releases, I guess I'd call them. They aren't remakes, just put onto the 3DS... Personally, I am not sure if those logos look 'legit'. Might be the little symbol next to them. We'll see.

C-A

Master of sharp things!

Rioichi Cooper wrote:
Well, it's not confirmed about whether these new titles are official. I guess we have to wait until the Nintendo Direct tomorrow.

It's official from the European trademark offices, as seen here. Of course, Nintendo has trademarked several names over the years that they've never used (Pokémon Brown and Pokémon Amethyst, for example), likely for the sake of protecting themselves from copycats. What seals the deal for Sun/Moon, however, is that Nintendo has also claimed several domain names that complement these new trademarks and redirect directly to Pokémon's main website. It's pretty much all but officially confirmed.

Sleeping is my life.

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Rioichi Cooper wrote:

It's official from the European trademark offices, as seen here. Of course, Nintendo has trademarked several names over the years that they've never used (Pokémon Brown and Pokémon Amethyst, for example), likely for the sake of protecting themselves from copycats. What seals the deal for Sun/Moon, however, is that Nintendo has also claimed several domain names that complement these new trademarks and redirect directly to Pokémon's main website. It's pretty much all but officially confirmed.

But still, whether these are official or not... We still don't KNOW what Pokémon news will be discussed in tomorrow's Nintendo Direct. Probably to celebrate 20 years of Pokémon.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I'm curious what all they'll cover considering from stuff I've read, the Direct is supposed to last only 5 minutes.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
I'm curious what all they'll cover considering from stuff I've read, the Direct is supposed to last only 5 minutes.

Basically they'll only announce Pokémon Sun & Moon and then "see you at the next Direct!"

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Gardevoir lover

Masuda made a tweet that mentions the sun and the moon in it, that pretty much confirms it don't it?

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Danksgiving

i looked out my window and the sun was there

pokemon sun/moon confirmed

ASCEND

I don't know. It seems unlikely that Sun and Moon would be the next Pokémon games. That would mean that Zygarde's alternate forms would be appearing in the Generation after the one Zygarde was introduced in. I think it seems more likely that they'd announce the new Pokémon games as well as the last Gen VI game which would come out more recently. After all, I doubt they'd celebrate the 20th anniverssary with a five minute long direct revealing one game.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Mia Payne

I say that Sun and Moon are going to be spin-offs. I just have that feeling...

I'm glad it we're not getting a Pokémon Z or DP remakes any time soon. I'd much rather a new set of games, and in an age where patches and dlc exist, a 3rd version really isn't necessary. Plus I feel it's too early for gen 4 remakes, and remaking a remake is gonna start feeling like a cash grab in my opinion.

Though with the small roster of gen 6 Pokémon, I wonder if sun and moon will introduce new Pokémon, yet still count as gen 6 with the new mons being patched into XYORAS. It would be unprecedented, which is what the Pokémon franchise seems to enjoy doing nowadays.

Mister Gruel wrote:
i looked out my window and the sun was there

pokemon sun/moon confirmed

I was awake at 3:30 AM and had to look for the moon for a second.

pokemon moon semi-confirmed.

C-A

Danksgiving

CatMuto wrote:
I was awake at 3:30 AM and had to look for the moon for a second.

pokemon moon semi-confirmed.

C-A

crap maybe theyre not doing a european release

ASCEND

lonechallenger wrote:
Though with the small roster of gen 6 Pokémon, I wonder if sun and moon will introduce new Pokémon, yet still count as gen 6 with the new mons being patched into XYORAS. It would be unprecedented, which is what the Pokémon franchise seems to enjoy doing nowadays.

Well, the trailer said the games would take place in a "new world", implying that they're taking place in a new region. So I doubt they're going to be part of Generation VI.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Gettin' Old!

Planetbox wrote:
lonechallenger wrote:

Well, the trailer said the games would take place in a "new world", implying that they're taking place in a new region. So I doubt they're going to be part of Generation VI.

Or maybe it's the alternate-dimension, gritty reboot I've been waiting for for a long time.

Lieutenant Surge: *lights a cigar* You weren't there kid...in the Johto Wars...my Raichu took the scalps of 50 Pikachu that day. I tried to stop him, tried to recall him but he shocked me and just continued killing. That thing is a monster, yours is just a pokemon.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Or maybe it's the alternate-dimension, gritty reboot I've been waiting for for a long time.

Dear god, no. Even if Pokémon wasn't a kids' game first and foremost, that sounds horrible. Especially since gritty means nothing but very boring brown and gray landscapes nowadays, maybe with a bit of forest around, and unnecessarily sad stuff that stops being sad, because there's just too much of it. (Like the NPCs in Lightning Returns, yes, your life of 500+ years has been total crap, no need to tell me, just be glad I'm about to help you get out of this doomed world)

You can do something dark or mature, without being 'gritty'. I mean, even the Pokemon hack Snakewood - zombie apocalypse, the story is kinda interesting and some of the Pokemon changes are neat, but also disgustingly creepy. (Snorlax with a person popping out of its stomach alien-style...) Or even Black/White. They managed a pretty grim atmosphere, without being too gritty.

C-A

ASCEND

Pierre wrote:

Lieutenant Surge: *lights a cigar* You weren't there kid...in the Johto Wars...my Raichu took the scalps of 50 Pikachu that day. I tried to stop him, tried to recall him but he shocked me and just continued killing. That thing is a monster, yours is just a

That's what fan fiction is for!

Seriously, if that isn't a thing somewhere I will be disappointed.

Y Nuzlocke current case: just left Geosenge Town and heading to Reflection Cave. I lost my Grass Starter, Walnut, AND my Wartortle, Bowser, in the SAME battle! Uurgh. Ok, Walnut was my fault, I accidentally clicked the Super Potion on the wrong Pokémon (why does it not automatically go for the Pokémon with the least current HP in the party?) and the Bowser got hit by Rollout. Fuck you, Azumarill! AND I lost my Kadabra...! Maaan...!

I got a Snubull, though, and a Drifloon. Drifloon = amazing against Korrina's Lucarios. They couldn't do anything but Swords Dance or Metal Sound. Still would've preferred getting a Level 19 Eevee...

C-A
Page 16 of 16 [ 633 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station