Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 7[ 257 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and MoonTopic%20Title

Master of sharp things!

Arriving holiday 2016. See the announcement trailer here.

Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and MoonTopic%20Title

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Looks interesting. I wonder if it's supposed to be an actual 7th gen game, or if it's still 6th gen like X/Y were.

Sleeping is my life.

Well, I'm surprised. Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are official. At first, I didn't think they are the real deal, until I saw the announcement trailer for the games.

Dude! GameFreak, I don't care what the cities look like. What do the player characters look like? Can I adjust their clothes or appearance? Will you retain the longer input of letters for names? Is the probably-necessary-to-appear villain team a huge improvement, compared to Team Flare?

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Dude! GameFreak, I don't care what the cities look like. What do the player characters look like? Can I adjust their clothes or appearance? Will you retain the longer input of letters for names? Is the probably-necessary-to-appear villain team a huge improvement, compared to Team Flare?

C-A

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When I first heard rumors of this yesterday, I thought it was fake but hey I quess I was wrong. But anyway I'm excited for Sun and Moon!

Gardevoir lover

I'm more concerned with whenever or not it will be a continuation to gen 6's storyline, it feels like XYORAS was building up to something and it'd be a shame if there wasn't some kind of machine.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

I've felt worse.

What are the odds of this being a New 3DS exclusive?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

ASCEND

The tweet calls Sun and Moon "the next era of Pokémon games", so I kind of doubt that it's going to be a continuation of Generation VI.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I'm more concerned with whenever or not it will be a continuation to gen 6's storyline, it feels like XYORAS was building up to something and it'd be a shame if there wasn't some kind of machine.

What's there to continue in X/Y? Maybe AZ's story, but that would just prove how his story had more potential than Flare from the get-go. Nothing was really left... open. And ORAS? That felt pretty self-contained as a Gen III remake.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But hey! We can pick between 9 different languages to play in!

You know, between Sun and Moon, I'm probably more inclined to get Moon... can't say why.

C-A

1000% Knight

They can always continue Gen VI's story in Gen VII--it's what they did for Gens I and II.

I'm not surprised that Sun and Moon are Gen VII, rather than Pokemon Z... but I am pretty confused now how Pokemon Z is going to fit into the whole release schedule and whatnot.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

sumguy28 wrote:
What are the odds of this being a New 3DS exclusive?

0%, the end of the trailer mentions New 3DS, 3DS, and 2DS

It'd be very, very stupid of Nintendo to make Pokemon unplayable on a 2DS anyway

Gardevoir lover

CatMuto wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

What's there to continue in X/Y? Maybe AZ's story, but that would just prove how his story had more potential than Flare from the get-go. Nothing was really left... open. And ORAS? That felt pretty self-contained as a Gen III remake.

You know, between Sun and Moon, I'm probably more inclined to get Moon... can't say why.

C-A

It's more with just Kalos overall not really the story itself.
Mysterious noises being heard in Lumiose.

The blocked off power plants.

The fact that XY's data seems to indicate that there should have been one more gen 6 game before gen 7.

The freaking ghost girl who shows up in both XY and ORAS!?

I need answers to these things dammit!

Also i'll probably end up getting Moon, mainly OCD because the other versions of Pokemon i have on 3DS are blue (AS X) it would stick out on my shelf if i got Sun.

Sleeping is my life.

I'm thinking of getting Pokémon Moon, just because blue's my favorite color.

Gardevoir lover

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

I am so excited for that feature.

yeah can't wait for those no guard fissure machamps

Gardevoir lover

The metagame will never be the same again.

Danksgiving

finally

i can put Teleport on my competitive butterfree

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Does this mean we can finally get Missingno. into the current competitive scene?
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

In Justice We Trust

I've had fun designing regions of my own from time to time, so I'm looking forward to learning what part of the world the new region will be based on.
I'll always love you, Max.

Quote:
Mysterious noises being heard in Lumiose.

The what noises?

Quote:
The freaking ghost girl who shows up in both XY and ORAS!?

...what ghost girl?

Quote:
The fact that XY's data seems to indicate that there should have been one more gen 6 game before gen 7.

Well, this might have to do with XY turning out to be a bit rushed...?

Quote:
I've had fun designing regions of my own from time to time, so I'm looking forward to learning what part of the world the new region will be based on.

Hmmm, BW/BW2 seemed to be based on New York; Hoenn was likely based on Hawaii or tropical areas and Kalos is France-based... maybe a European area? I doubt they'll do something middle-eastern based, but it might be neat to see something like that. Mmhh, an Egypt-theme would be nice. Or beach-themed, but more like California.

C-A

迷探偵

CatMuto wrote:
Hoenn was likely based on Hawaii or tropical areas

Hoenn was based on Kyushu, the most southern of Japan's main islands (+surrounding islands).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Iirc, Gens 1-4 are all based off of various parts of Japan. It wasn't until Gens 5 and 6 that they started to base them off of other countries/areas.

As for the ghost girl in the Gen VI games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLgP1Iwmixs <--- Her in ORAS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyzrvfbw-VU <--- Her in XY

I'm kinda guessing the ghost girl thing in Pokemon has started to become some kind of running trend, though I'm unsure. I recall there being a ghost girl in the Gen 5 games as well on one of the bridges.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gardevoir lover

dullahan1 wrote:
Iirc, Gens 1-4 are all based off of various parts of Japan. It wasn't until Gens 5 and 6 that they started to base them off of other countries/areas.

As for the ghost girl in the Gen VI games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLgP1Iwmixs <--- Her in ORAS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyzrvfbw-VU <--- Her in XY

I'm kinda guessing the ghost girl thing in Pokemon has started to become some kind of running trend, though I'm unsure. I recall there being a ghost girl in the Gen 5 games as well on one of the bridges.

The ghost girl in BW actually had a bit of an arc though, she was foreshadowed in BW but you actually went to the play she died in BW2, f*ck you Darkrai.

CatMuto wrote:
...what ghost girl?

Did you not see all the discussions about the ghost girl when XY and ORAS were released and what the heck she's talking about?
Maybe the SUNMOON trainer will be "the one"

Danksgiving

you guys need to get with the program its obvious who this ghost girl is

see she owned the old chateau in sinnoh with her butler, Jeeves, before Gardenia, her landlord, kicked her out. then she bought a house in the desert in unova and made up the darkrai story to commit insurance fraud before a series of lawsuits from the people trapped inside the house made her sell it and relocate to kalos. she lived in a lumoise city apartment for a bit but the rent was so high that she went to hoenn to live with phoebe until she "gets back on her feet"

truly the most deep and saddening story in all of pokemon

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Did you not see all the discussions about the ghost girl when XY and ORAS were released and what the heck she's talking about?

I didn't get XY or ORAS until at least a year after they released, nor did I spend time on any forum checking out their threads. :ron:
Also never encountered any ghost girl in my games.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

CatMuto wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

I didn't get XY or ORAS until at least a year after they released, nor did I spend time on any forum checking out their threads. :ron:
Also never encountered any ghost girl in my games.

C-A

She's kind of tucked away in the side, in an empty building in Lumiose when you walk into one of the floors a cutscene will play where the music goes silent and a girl in black appears behind you, she floats in front of you before saying "Your not the one" and floats off.
A similar thing will happen with a character with the same model that's in MT Pyre in ORAS, she will say the same thing.
She's saying that the XY and ORAS trainer is not the person she's looking for, maybe the one in Sun and moon is the one?

I generally don't go out of my way in Pokémon. Especially not in Lumiose, once I unlock the botique. That place is obnoxious to traverse.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

CatMuto wrote:
I generally don't go out of my way in Pokémon. Especially not in Lumiose, once I unlock the botique. That place is obnoxious to traverse.

C-A

Well that explains a lot.

I think there's a huge chance that the ghost girl is there just to scare/troll people. They probably did it for the laughs in XY and since the girl became so popular, they added it to ORAS.

Gardevoir lover

luck wrote:
I think there's a huge chance that the ghost girl is there just to scare/troll people. They probably did it for the laughs in XY and since the girl became so popular, they added it to ORAS.

But the other ghosts at least have a backstory, The lumiose ghost girl is just there.

That's why I say it's there just for the scare. Maybe they ran out of ideas of how to fill the buildings in Lumiose (since it's so big), and they put a jumpscare. That's what I think, at least.

ASCEND

CatMuto wrote:
Hmmm, BW/BW2 seemed to be based on New York; Hoenn was likely based on Hawaii or tropical areas and Kalos is France-based... maybe a European area? I doubt they'll do something middle-eastern based, but it might be neat to see something like that. Mmhh, an Egypt-theme would be nice. Or beach-themed, but more like California.

There should totally be an Antarctica region.
Actually that's a terrible idea. I think an Egypt region would be pretty cool. Or perhaps a region based on China.

Mister Gruel wrote:
see she owned the old chateau in sinnoh with her butler, Jeeves, before Gardenia, her landlord, kicked her out. then she bought a house in the desert in unova and made up the darkrai story to commit insurance fraud before a series of lawsuits from the people trapped inside the house made her sell it and relocate to kalos. she lived in a lumoise city apartment for a bit but the rent was so high that she went to hoenn to live with phoebe until she "gets back on her feet"

That's canon actually. They confirmed it on April 41st last year.

Seriously though, there's plenty of stuff in Pokemon that they never explain. Like that writing on the back of the sign in Lumiose station. And then there's the greatest mystery of all, the mysteriously disappearing dancing people in Black and White. I doubt the Ghost Girl will be any different.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Gardevoir lover

Planetbox wrote:

Seriously though, there's plenty of stuff in Pokemon that they never explain. Like that writing on the back of the sign in Lumiose station. And then there's the greatest mystery of all, the mysteriously disappearing dancing people in Black and White. I doubt the Ghost Girl will be any different.

The dancing people in BW was more of a joke though...

And the things scattered in XY feel like they were deliberately put there to foreshadow future things. The strange souvenir supports this because if the Sun/Moon hawaii theory is correct then that just means they were planning sun and moon since 2012.

ASCEND

Klonoahedgehog wrote:

And the things scattered in XY feel like they were deliberately put there to foreshadow future things. The strange souvenir supports this because if the Sun/Moon hawaii theory is correct then that just means they were planning sun and moon since 2012.

But when you think about it, it's really bizarre! A group of people who all look exactly alike, dancing in front of an main intersection without letting anyone going past! And while they're doing so, they all say the same thing, all foretelling their eventual disappearance, never to be mentioned on the game again! I refuse to believe that that was just a lazy, shoe-horned excuse to keep you from moving to the next area early.

Also, what do you mean by the strange souvenir? I'm not sure I've heard of that one...

Gardevoir lover

Planetbox wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

But when you think about it, it's really bizarre! A group of people who all look exactly alike, dancing in front of an main intersection without letting anyone going past! And while they're doing so, they all say the same thing, all foretelling their eventual disappearance, never to be mentioned on the game again! I refuse to believe that that was just a lazy, shoe-horned excuse to keep you from moving to the next area early.

Also, what do you mean by the strange souvenir? I'm not sure I've heard of that one...

The strange souvenir was an item shaped like a tiki head you got by talking to a guy staying at the various different hotels throughout Kalos.

He goes on and on saying that his home region "Has a battle facility that'll blow your mind!" and "It has some beautiful waterfalls!" he also goes to say that the region isn't Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh or Unova. So it's gotta be Sun and Moon's region right?

Planetbox wrote:
There should totally be an Antarctica region.
Actually that's a terrible idea. I think an Egypt region would be pretty cool. Or perhaps a region based on China.

Well, I didn't mention a snowy area, because Platinum was already overly snowy... though a russian setting would be neat.

Quote:

Wow, must've been a kickass day, that I don't remember it existing. :will:

Quote:
So it's gotta be Sun and Moon's region right?

Or it's just some random talking that never actually means anything. An NPC in Tales of Symphonia refers to a flowergirl in the slums - clearly, a reference to Aerith. But she doesn't appear in the game, so whatever.

C-A

ASCEND

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
So it's gotta be Sun and Moon's region right?

Or it's just some random talking that never actually means anything. An NPC in Tales of Symphonia refers to a flowergirl in the slums - clearly, a reference to Aerith. But she doesn't appear in the game, so whatever.

C-A

Exactly. There are plenty of regions in the Pokemon world, so even though it would be cool if we went to his region, it could also be a ragion that we never go to.

Gardevoir lover

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Why is it that whenever you post something it always seems to be something heavily negative towards me?

Besides when they reference regions like this they usually bring up regions that we went too before, the fact that you have to go so out of your way for the strange souvenir makes me think it's gonna be brought up again in Sun and Moon.

Page 1 of 7 [ 257 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station