Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 41 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ace Attorney anime preview, website updateTopic%20Title

迷探偵

The website of the Ace Attorney anime has been updated, and includes the preview trailer they showed today on TV ater The Kindaichi Casefiles R (which occupies the slot AA will take in April).

http://www.ytv.co.jp/animegyakuten/
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Ace Attorney anime: commercialTopic%20Title

Looks like the official website for the Ace Attorney anime was updated. There's now a short commercial in the Story section of the website (no YouTube yet?). Looks like a preview for the first episode.

Here's the link: http://www.ytv.co.jp/animegyakuten/story/01.html
Vid.me re-upload: https://vid.me/KxkQ

It's a short 15s commercial, but we get a good look at the animation that way. There's also some pictures on the website, but gonna take a little while to get them since website doesn't allow right click so have to work around that. Honestly, there isn't that much, but still.

Staff list also updated, it seems.
ImageImageImage
Re: Ace Attorney anime preview, website updateTopic%20Title

Art Person

For 15 seconds of trailer, It managed to get me hyped!
Seeing Nick on his bike, and him freaking out at the defense bench was pretty funny!

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

All right!!! The animation is looking great!!

For what it's worth, I think Kaji Yuki's voice is fine as Phoenix. I'm satisfied.

I'm hyped :)

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Looks cool! To be honest this wasn't really on my radar but the shot of Nick on the bike made me realize that even if these aren't new stories we'll get to see new stuff in regards to the character's lives and the actual world of AA. Kind of hard to do that stuff with sprites.

Although I don't know why they didn't give him a Segway instead.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Sorry Ash, didn't see your post.

Anyway, looks pretty good so far.
ImageImageImage

Igi ari!

I hope someone translates the video and the updated staff list. Thanks in advance/ :will:

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

AAI2bestAA wrote:
I hope someone translates the video and the updated staff list. Thanks in advance/ :will:

Here you go! :)

The video:

Quote:
異議あり!
僕わ新人弁護士の成歩堂龍一。
依頼人お信じて、無実お無実を証明する!

新番組! 『逆転裁判: その「真実」, 異議あり!』
4月2日土曜夕方の5:30スタート!

Quote:
Objection!
I'm Phoenix Wright, a rookie attorney.
Believe in your client and prove their innocence!

New series! Ace Attorney: Objection to Your "Truth"!
Premiering April 2nd, Saturday at 5:30 PM.

"My name is Phoenix Wright and I'm 18 years old. I'm just a regular 3-year student at the Jafornia Crossroads High School. Never would I have thought that today would be a day, that would alter my life forever...!" Magical Bishonen! Lawyer Princess Phoenix! Justizia's eyes are blind, but mine are set on your crime!

Seriously, that's what this image makes me think. It looks like the beginning to every highschool student turned magical warrior anime, ever.

C-A

Igi ari!

CatMuto wrote:

"My name is Phoenix Wright and I'm 18 years old. I'm just a regular 3-year student at the Jafornia Crossroads High School. Never would I have thought that today would be a day, that would alter my life forever...!" Magical Bishonen! Lawyer Princess Phoenix! Justizia's eyes are blind, but mine are set on your crime!

Seriously, that's what this image makes me think. It looks like the beginning to every highschool student turned magical warrior anime, ever.

C-A

Clearly you haven't heard of normal lawyers in suits riding high school bikes while carrying backpacks, it is an anime classic really. :meekins:

Art Person

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

:moe-laugh: :moe-laugh: :moe-laugh:
A slice-of-life I wouldn't miss for the world! :basil:

I am saddled with unnecessary feelings.

He looks like a dork while riding that bike, and I love it.

I can't wait! I wonder if they are adding new cases. I remember reading they are adapting the the first two in the series but since they didn't show the characters of the second game in the poster, I'm wondering are they holding off for ratings to see if they will adapt the second game. I am hoping for some new cases along with the cases in the game. The first one is definitely the first case but it seems a bit weird if
Spoiler:
mia died so quickly after the first case.

I wonder if there will be an English dub to this series, but since the game was a localization I don't know that it will be as easy seeing more detailed Japan cities/scenery for them to keep pretending it's not Japan.

Igi ari!

Madd wrote:
I can't wait! I wonder if they are adding new cases. I remember reading they are adapting the the first two in the series but since they didn't show the characters of the second game in the poster, I'm wondering are they holding off for ratings to see if they will adapt the second game. I am hoping for some new cases along with the cases in the game. The first one is definitely the first case but it seems a bit weird if
Spoiler:
mia died so quickly after the first case.

I wonder if there will be an English dub to this series, but since the game was a localization I don't know that it will be as easy seeing more detailed Japan cities/scenery for them to keep pretending it's not Japan.

Spoiler:
If handled correctly, Mia dying could be a perfect cliffhanger for an episode. If you haven't watched this season's animes, look at Boku Dake ga Inai Machi aka ERASED. Someone really close to the MC died early and it kept people hooked to the series. Plus people like a roller coaster of emotions. Ace Attorney is a good mix of comedy, drama and mystery. If an anime shows these in the first episode, I am sure it will get you hooked.

A New Chapter of Trials!

Man, I can't wait to watch Phoenix be an animated dork.
Eureka!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Who the heck is that guy in purple? Is he a witness? I mean, he's only the first witness. There's no way he can be the killer, right? That's too obvious. Surely, the director wouldn't pull that one on us. I'm calling that twist!

And what's that blue thing hanging from Ryuuichi's backpack? It looks kinda like a blue oni samurai...
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Call me James

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Who the heck is that guy in purple? Is he a witness? I mean, he's only the first witness. There's no way he can be the killer, right? That's too obvious. Surely, the director wouldn't pull that one on us. I'm calling that twist!

Director's just putting a cheeky cameo of the Happy Mask Salesman in the anime, for laughs. I've seen artwork for the purple guy, it's gotta be! :sahwit:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

I'm not a fan of Kaji, but when it counts, he does a solid job in his roles.

His Phoenix sounds a little better than I imagined, so despite my preferences, I think he'll do fine.

Professor Yoshi wrote:

Director's just putting a cheeky cameo of the Happy Mask Salesman in the anime, for laughs. I've seen artwork for the purple guy, it's gotta be! :sahwit:

Wait, there's artwork of the purple guy and you Sahwit? Please be frank with us.

I need a little help on the staff credits. I'll update this list asap.
Spoiler: Staff credits
Ryuichi Naruhodou (Phoenix Wright) - Yūki Kaji
Mayoi Ayasato (Maya Fey) - Aoi Yūki
Reiji Mitsurugi (Miles Edgeworth) - Masashi Tamaki
Chihiro Ayasato (Mia Fey) - Chie Nakamura
Masashi Yahari (Larry Butz) - Tōru Nara
Keisuke Itonokogiri (Dick Gumshoe) - Masami Iwasaki

Chief Producer: Yuji Kikukawa
Producer: Kouji Nagai
Director: Ayumu Watanabe
Series Composition: Atsuhiro Tomioka
Character Design: Keiko Ota, Kouji Watanabe
Prop Design: Mamoru Sasaki
Art Director: Eiji Iwase
Art Setting: Tsukasa Oohira
Color Planning: Fusako Nakao
Background Director: Ayaka Shimizu
CG Director: Akira Fukuda
Editing: Masaharu Gotou
Audio Director: Katsuyoshi Kobayashi
Music: Kaoru Wada
Original Work / Supervision: Capcom
Animation Production: A-1 Pictures
Series Production: Yomiuri TV & A-1 Pictures

Edit: Thanks again, Ash!

On that thought, I think I also need help with the name of that prosecutor, the one in grey.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

A Kirby and AA fan

On that thought, I think I also need help with the name of that prosecutor, the one in grey.

Ah... I think Phoenix yelled out his name during the trailer.
Iggy Ary, I think it was.

I'm so hyped for this anime (do we know if Crunchyroll is going to have it? Their subs are superior) but that one pic of Phoenix that's on the front page looks... off. I don't know how to put it, he just doesn't quite look like himself. The pachinko stuff looks so much better in comparison to this. This looks a bit more stylized. But seeing Mia? Larry? MAN. I'm hyped.
Spoiler:
I cannot wait for the 'Mia's death' twist. I can't wait for people who've never played the games to lose their collective minds over this twist. It's gonna be hilarious to watch the reactions.

I also want to add- the voice cast has had me SO HYPED for several months, and hearing the voice of Eren Jaegar doing Phoenix in the promo just cements how perfect he is for the role, imo. Now THAT is Phoenix Wright. Not Sam Reigel, damn you, English DD dub.

Aquabreeze wrote:
Spoiler:
I cannot wait for the 'Mia's death' twist. I can't wait for people who've never played the games to lose their collective minds over this twist. It's gonna be hilarious to watch the reactions.

Mia's death was never a twist. For one, you always lose your 'mentor' in videogames. (Or movies) For another, Phoenix pretty much said flat out, at the end of the first case HE NEVER GOT TO TELL MIA the story of how he and Larry met. That's the unsubtlest way of saying "She's dead, Jim".

C-A

迷探偵

I need a little help on the staff credits. I'll update this list asap.

Art Setting: 大平 司 Tsukasa ŌHIRA
Color Planning: 中尾 総子 Fusako NAKAO
CG Director: 福田 陽 Akira FUKUDA
Editing: 後藤 正浩 Masaharu Gotō
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

A Kirby and AA fan

CatMuto wrote:
Mia's death was never a twist. For one, you always lose your 'mentor' in videogames. (Or movies) For another, Phoenix pretty much said flat out, at the end of the first case HE NEVER GOT TO TELL MIA the story of how he and Larry met. That's the unsubtlest way of saying "She's dead, Jim".

When they say it's an unexpected twist, I'm sure they aren't talking about it being unexpected after that quote. They mean it's unexpected at the start of the anime/game

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
For one, you always lose your 'mentor' in videogames.

Phoenix dies in AA6 confirmed.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
For one, you always lose your 'mentor' in videogames.

Phoenix dies in AA6 confirmed.

As I always say, in theory I'd be fine with that as long as it was done in a good way and wasn't just thrown in there for dramatic effect.

Of course, I'm not really ok with that, because without Phoenix the west doesn't get AA games.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Wikia Ace Attorney Wiki admin

CatMuto wrote:

C-A
But Phoenix is a magical warrior. :trucy:

Game On

OMG!!!! I'm so excited!!! Its amazing how even a 15 second trailer can still get me so pumped!!

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Hahaha That's wonderful! watch, that will be the opening and it will turn out to be Nick dreaming XD
Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, See No Evil

What i really liked about the short trailer is that they showed Wright riding a bicycle , maybe it looks like it is something trivial and not important , but the thing is : i am sure they did that cause it was in the original artbook for PW:AA , i highly doubt it is a coincidence

Spoiler:

nice attention to details

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Nurio wrote:

Fool. That is the Japanese word for "Objection!"
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Danksgiving

RayquazaSenpai wrote:

no way

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Nurio wrote:

His name is literally objectionable? My mind has been expanded.

A Kirby and AA fan

RayquazaSenpai wrote:

...I can't tell if you are just playing along or not. I sincerely hope you are.

Igi ari!

we already have a new PV for the anime, 30 secs long. Can someone translate it again please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tACXREk ... e=youtu.be

Plus we have other news from the anime twitter it seems

Igi ari!

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Nurio wrote:

In all seriousness, this speech bubble is Leifa's. I searched a hiragana list and it apparently means "hika eyo". Anyone know what that means?

AAI2bestAA wrote:
RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Nurio wrote:

In all seriousness, this speech bubble is Leifa's. I searched a hiragana list and it apparently means "hika eyo". Anyone know what that means?

Ash explanation here is very exhaustive.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

DGS fucking when..

Ash wrote:

The website of the Ace Attorney anime has been updated, and includes the preview trailer they showed today on TV ater The Kindaichi Casefiles R (which occupies the slot AA will take in April).

http://www.ytv.co.jp/animegyakuten/

Did they seriously gave Nick a backpack? He looks like a grade schooler.. :payne:

Athena Internet Defense Force

Well how else will he carry his stuff around on a bike.

Though I saw an official piece of Ace Attorney art where he bikes with a big sack instead. Looked awkward.

Has anyone found a suitable streaming site for the episodes? It seems Nippon TV has yet to update their schedule. I don't think they're known to provide English subs, but I just want to make sure.

Otherwise, I think we may need a team to sub these episodes, unless Bolt doesn't mind doing everything himself. But, I'd think 27-minute worth of text every week will be tiring to work through.

Has anyone found a suitable streaming site for the episodes? It seems Nippon TV has yet to update their schedule. I don't think they're known to provide English subs, but I just want to make sure.

Otherwise, I think we may need a team to sub these episodes, unless Bolt doesn't mind doing everything himself. But, I'd think 27-minute worth of text every week will be tiring to work through.

Crunchyroll and Funimation are in the process of announcing simulcasts these days, everyday they announce a bunch of shows, you can check them out here and wait for any possible announcement of the anime, if they didn't do that until the airing day then it probably won't simulcast anywhere

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-9 ... ouncements

https://twitter.com/FUNimation
Page 1 of 2 [ 41 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes