Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 2 of 2[ 75 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Turnabout Confusion - a PyWright case (Heavily WIP)Topic%20Title

I could do beta-testing.

Just keep in mind that I can be the biggest dick in the universe if I catch onto something I don't like.

As for the sprites, you are very unlikely* to find someone willing to chip in out of the kindness on their heart these days. It's just the sad truth.

*...Then again, there's always Hessehl, but who knows how much stuff he's got on his plate at this point.
That one guy from AAO that made about a dozen cases that all kinda go off the deep end and fall apart at one point or another.

Totally-Not-Miley Omelia Tigre

Sure. It doesnt matter if youre a dick or not, I could use the criticism. I feel as if I've slightly strayed from the characters personalities a bit but other than that I think I'm ok. I plan for an April 1st release, so I might send it to you a week or so before. Is that ok?
*insert weird signature here*

Sounds fine to me.
That one guy from AAO that made about a dozen cases that all kinda go off the deep end and fall apart at one point or another.

§

I'd be up for beta-testing.

Quick and silly question: Are you working with the latest version of PyWright?

Good luck!
We do what we must because we can.

I'm working with v0.9880, the one for android.
Re: Turnabout Confusion - a PyWright case(Private Beta = 2 dTopic%20Title

Ok, so I'm running the entire case through a final beta-test/proofread/coding process. Gameplay clocks in at around 1 hour. Not an entirely good start to what I was planning, but I suppose we all start somewhere, Wright? :-D

To everybody, I don't have all my sprites done. For Miley Enpirio's sprites, I used a temp char named "Miss Unfinished." But the plot is nearly done.
Re: Turnabout Confusion - Private Beta Released!Topic%20Title

Turnabout Confusion has just been released as private beta to the two beta testers! The beta testing period will last for 1 week, and then once all the kinks are ironed out and the plot holes filled with cement, I plan to actually release this thing. Yey.

The beta testing is nearly done, however just thought I'd drop this in.

I'll put up some screenshots and spoiler it in the op. This is the first box art I made so don't judge too horribly. Credits to HessehlDahl for the Gretta artwork.

*wonk*

hey pal you wont mind if i ask but what did you use to make that box art
yes

I used an image editing app on my phone. Not the best, but I did with what I had.

I got bad news and I got good news.

Bad news: DudeWithAMask noticed a TON of plot holes and story consistencies and bugs, and the other tester, Outbreak95, crashed due to some rather game breaking bugs. [Strikethrough]Microsoft[/strikethrough] Outbreak 95 will also have to beta test things as well.

Good news: I'm rewriting the case and I'm halfway through. Maybe I'll fit in for the first, it may be a week after. But it IS getting released early April, darn it!

That is all.

Scratch spriter

Can't wait to play it! I love ace attorney fangames.

It features your character, Hessehl! :-)

*wonk*

You uh, don't really need to worry about a release date, pal. We are very patient people here at Court Records.

Mostly at least.
yes

It will be done this week.

Alright, here's the status of the game as of now:

Everything is deleted. I mean, the only thing left are the basic art folders (with the characters, bg, and whatnot) and DWaM's outline that he handed me a MONTH ago. I even deleted my intro and data scripts. I realized that my planned "release dates" weren't going to happen at this rate.

I am restarting the scripts though, so don't worry. I'm not cancelling this yet. But I'm also not going to force this thing to come out, either. I have a life, after all, and academics come before play. Not to mention that in the past month I've been distraced by a murderous flower, a spaghetti loving skeleton, and a bonehead comedian who keeps saying that I'm about to have a bad time.

So anyway, what I'm going to do is this: I'm going to work on this in small bits. You see, I thought I could write a playable game in 2-3 weeks. While I was successful, the game was riddled with bugs and consistencies. In my disappointment, I tried making it in a small 2-3 day period. Well, that didn't go so well. So, I'm going focus on things in this order:

Artwork
Characters and Personalities
Script Writing
Release (yey!)

I realize people are looking at this and dismissing it as nothing more than a mere dream. However, if history has taught us anything, it's that with enough hard work, the dream can come true (or something to that effect.)

Bright news, I have 20 days left of school! Once summer vacation hits, I'll have a lot more time to work on the game.

tldr; The game isn't cancelled.

I'll just post this for future reference when you get back to making it.

I wrote:
If you want to make a good case, take as long as you need to take to get it right. There is no schedule and you are not in a race. Take the time to design your game, hit it over the head with countless play testing sessions, and keep working on it until you are convinced that you can’t do anything more to it.

Dracarys!

Fellowzdoomer wrote:
You see, I thought I could write a playable game in 2-3 weeks. While I was successful, the game was riddled with bugs and consistencies. In my disappointment, I tried making it in a small 2-3 day period. Well, that didn't go so well. So, I'm going focus on things in this order:

Artwork
Script Writing
Release (yey!)

I realize people are looking at this and dismissing it as nothing more than a mere dream. However, if history has taught us anything, it's that with enough hard work, the dream can come true (or something to that effect.)

For the record, each of my four big cases has taken around a year to work on, and more than that for the most recent two.

Don't rush the game. I'd much rather wait a year for something enjoyable than a month for something riddled with plot holes. It IS possible to make something good quickly, but more often than not, rushing the game will just end up leaving it sloppy. You've already shown that you not only intend to work on this game, but that you plan to actually listen to your beta-testers in order to finish the game well. That gives me faith in your project and I hope it goes well for you. Good luck.

Also...

Fellowzdoomer wrote:
and will show a few new features not seen in PyWright games, such as Luminol spraying and a "password system"

Darth Wiader wrote:
I'll just post this for future reference when you get back to making it.

I wrote:
If you want to make a good case, take as long as you need to take to get it right. There is no schedule and you are not in a race. Take the time to design your game, hit it over the head with countless play testing sessions, and keep working on it until you are convinced that you can’t do anything more to it.

You see, that quote right there. Thats what I didn't realize. Thanks. (Not sarcasm!)

Ropfa wrote:
Fellowzdoomer wrote:
You see, I thought I could write a playable game in 2-3 weeks. While I was successful, the game was riddled with bugs and consistencies. In my disappointment, I tried making it in a small 2-3 day period. Well, that didn't go so well. So, I'm going focus on things in this order:

Artwork
Script Writing
Release (yey!)

For the record, each of my four big cases has taken around a year to work on, and more than that for the most recent two.

Don't rush the game. I'd much rather wait a year for something enjoyable than a month for something riddled with plot holes. It IS possible to make something good quickly, but more often than not, rushing the game will just end up leaving it sloppy. You've already shown that you not only intend to work on this game, but that you plan to actually listen to your beta-testers in order to finish the game well. That gives me faith in your project and I hope it
goes well for you. Good luck.

Lord Ropfa! I praise thee... er, uh, what I meant to say was, thanks. I wasnt aware of people abusing their beta testers! We MUST make a law against Beta Tester abuse! Fellowzdoomer for president!

Anyway, in all seriousness, I've played your cases and they are all high quality (why do you use the GBA PW music? Why not use the high quality DS ones?).

Ropfa wrote:
Also...

Fellowzdoomer wrote:
and will show a few new features not seen in PyWright games, such as Luminol spraying and a "password system"

Haha, yeah I'm not gonna put those in. Too much coding for a noob like me :-).

Thanks for the support, guys! I'll give another update next month!

Good luck on this. Fangames are hard XD

Fellowzdoomer wrote:
Artwork

There's something I've been wanting to try and nothing to try it with, send me a PM if you'd like a custom background :yogi:
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling

I could use an evidence room. A blueish room with 3 lockers. Think you can do it?

Alright, update My lil prewrite is coming along well. If anyone wants to read it, pm me. This isn't an excuse to see the plot entirely, but to see if everything makes sense as of now. I'm about 30% done with it. Plus, school let's out for me in 3 days so... Yeah!
Re: Turnabout Confusion - In Intensive Planning Stage!Topic%20Title

So, some progress.

First! I have started reworking the investigation! Players (betatesters, specifically) will be able to follow the story with a lot more flow than what I have provided. Currently, Phoenix is examining the crime scene now.

The victim now has a profile, but their face is unknown to the player. Partially because its a nice touch, and mostly 'cause I can't sprite his face out. :p

Added "Testimony Blinkers." I saw something like this in Dual Destinies, and recreating it wasn't that hard to do.

http://i.imgur.com/mOL4ozp.png

When you press a statement, the blinker goes red. I'll also use this for psyche lock sequences.

http://i.imgur.com/EFatgkn.png

Speaking of psyche lock sequences, I kind of realized that PyWright has some built in psychelock macros. I "perfected" those (mostly lock repositioning) and they work like a charm a bit.

Sprites are gathered up, most importantly Miley has talking and blinking animations for the front, the talking animations can be seen in this video.

https://youtu.be/MVM1P1gCXro

Added a seperate list BG for lists, made the little bleep-bloops that the game makes when switching in and out of a scene (in and out of the court records, selecting a topic, etc.)

Found a cheap but effective workaround to show people during the "investigation menu" thingy (Y'know, the one that says Talk, Move, Examine, Present).

Started Miley's prosecutorial sprite.

That does it! Despite this huge wall of text, I still feel as if I was less productive these last two months. I mean, I'm kind of involved with the Geometry Dash community, what with the update hype and whatnot, as well as some personal stuff (meeting my newborn niece :sillytrucy:, summer school, appointments, and the list goes on and on. :p)

Well, progress is progress, though, and hey, slow and steady wins the race.... even though there is no race. Ah, you know what I mean! :-D

(also sillytrucy is the only emote I know. pls halp :sillytrucy:)
Re: Turnabout Confusion - Train Departing! Next Stop,CodingTTopic%20Title

Seems really good! :phoenix:

OK, I'm SERIOUSLY considering asking someone to help me to the prosecutor sprites for Miley Enpirio.

http://i.imgur.com/67tsCXS.png

I like how I did this (traced Maya and Franziska), but Im not sure if iI can use TaJ's DefenseAttorney!Maya as the base or not.

As of now, the game still has quite a few nuts and bolts that need to be fixed and smoothened out. Now, I think, if I can do everything according to my plan, I SHOULD be able to get a public release on this baby out by December. As of now, getting some feedback by the helpful DWaM, it seems as though I need to view things as less of an author's perspective, and more of a player's perspective. I also need to fill in some gaps, leave a bit of clues, rewrite a couple of things, and overall freshen up the game a bit in terms of writing and coding. Plus, I have a laptop now, so I can use a lot more effects in PyWright for PC than I could PyWright for Android.

In terms of art, I don't know if I'm asking the void here, but I could use help in making a flashback scene. If anyone wants to volunteer for sprite help and advice, that could also be great, but the flashback scene is quite, uh... "crappy"

tldr; expect this game to come out late November-some time December. Also, art help, pls :3

Time for yet another monthly update (should I do these so called "updates" a lot less? I have a feeling it is deterring away from any possible future players...)

Everything is near finalized. DrFoster decided to appear out of nowhere and ask if I needed any musical compositions, which I so graciously accepted. His musical pieces will be used in the final. I don't know if I could post any of the links he has shared with me, considering how it's his work.

As I said last time, I am still touching up things and fixing bugs here and there. Particularly game-breaking ones, sound bugs, etc. As for sprites, I've hit a roadblock. I WOULD sketch them on a pad, but I would have no way of scanning them into my laptop, and tracing from there. And the thought of using different characters to get the poses I want for the prosecutor seems rather... iffy, for a lack of a better term. Now, since this is a new project STILL with (what I guess to others seem like) high potential to either succeed or crash and burn, I'm kind of screwed in the spriting department, as I have stated before. I don't want to hit HessehlDahl up too much, as I think he's already bummed with his personal life or is bogged down by the mile long list of requests he has. I also don't like the idea of using a filler character, as I know that players will always associate a character by their sprite and not by their name tag, and I want my prosecutor to be unique in terms of looks and personalities. If it comes time when I fix all the bugs but don't have the sprite work, (which all I need for the prosecutor bench is 3 poses) I will resort to using Franziska as a filler sprite. I have considered rewriting the script, but with the way I have things set up right now plotwise, it wouldn't make sense to the player.

tl;dr, if there are volunteers for spriting that have the time, I would appreciate it if you were to contact me. I have the concept art standing by, so you wouldn't do it blind.

But otherwise, yeah. I will release it before the end of 2016. Maybe at December 31, at 11:59 p.m :basil:

Stay tuned. After this, the next update you guys will get is the one with the download link.

Looking forward to it, I am absolutely terrible when it comes to everything BUT gaming... I can't wait till its released! :acro:
Re: Turnabout Confusion - Now a New Year's Resolution!Topic%20Title

Happy new year!

As far as New Year's resolutions go, we are all different. Most seem to want to drop a few pounds or to gather up the courage to tell their Senpai that they have feelings for them. And then you have some that have the resolution to make a project public, and I am no exception to this one.

So... first, I must apologize. I had said in my last update that I was to release the first part of the game by the end of 2016. This meant, from October 25th, 2016, to December 31st, 2016, you should have had the game's first part. Well, funny how life works. The first couple of days after I had posted the update, everything was going smoothly. I was coding, fixing up plot inconsistencies, and overall trying to make the game a more interactive, fun experience for the player. Then, that is when things started to go downhill. In mid-November, a week before Thanksgiving, I had saved and backed up my game to OneDrive, as my laptop was locked out from me and I lost all of my administrative privileges somehow, which resulted in me not being able to access my OS at all, which in turn caused me to have to reset the laptop to when I first received it. When I went to go download the "backup,: I had realized to my avail that it did not actually save, despite the notification that promised me otherwise. All I had was the very first beta, and my second beta links. While I was recovering, I decided to do quick rewrites, and be done with the thing by December. Again, all went to plan until December 2nd hit, and things went further downhill. As that month started, I was coding as usual, after school when I did my homework, but as the month went on, I was more relied on to pull through personal life issues, not to mention that the last two weeks of December, I was helping my mother recover from a very bad headache that she had recieved. (She is ok, guys. Don't worry.)

TL;DR: When I planned something, it usually ended up in ruin.

I am working on it still. Things are dying down quite a bit on my end and I am more taking my time now with this. Somebody did say to take as long as I need to get it right, so I am following that advice. I have 3 of the scripts rewritten and a few pieces of evidence redone as well, as well as some character developments and some patched up plotholes. All in all, the game should be quite enjoyable once I get it out.

I would like to apologize for my last post. As cocky as I sounded, I truly believed that I could have finished the game before 2016 was done and over with. And I am 100% positive that if things had gone as planned, then you would have had the game by now. But alas, life is quite strange in that respect, and I can react appropriately to whatever is thrown at me. Now, my New Years resolution is to get part one of this out before mid 2017. This I KNOW I can do. Once this is out, I can assure you all that the other parts won't take this long. The main mistake I had for this is that I never really planned all the dialogue out, just bits and pieces that were connected, which resulted in very linear and boring storytelling. Once the part one is out, I will do a lot more planning, which will be much more detailled, and not just a basic point-A-to-point-B plan system that I thought I had.

Once August rolls around, it'll be the third year I've worked on this. That is too long for one part of a fancase. I want to make it worth the wait for you guys, so I hope I don't disappoint all of you who have been very lenient and patient with me when I do release this thing.

I hope you guys had good holidays and a great Happy New Year! I hope that 2017 brings happier outcomes to all of us, more than what 2016 served to us!

Yabba Dabba Doo

Fellowzdoomer wrote:
Happy new year!

As far as New Year's resolutions go, we are all different. Most seem to want to drop a few pounds or to gather up the courage to tell their Senpai that they have feelings for them. And then you have some that have the resolution to make a project public, and I am no exception to this one.

So... first, I must apologize. I had said in my last update that I was to release the first part of the game by the end of 2016. This meant, from October 25th, 2016, to December 31st, 2016, you should have had the game's first part. Well, funny how life works. The first couple of days after I had posted the update, everything was going smoothly. I was coding, fixing up plot inconsistencies, and overall trying to make the game a more interactive, fun experience for the player. Then, that is when things started to go downhill. In mid-November, a week before Thanksgiving, I had saved and backed up my game to OneDrive, as my laptop was locked out from me and I lost all of my administrative privileges somehow, which resulted in me not being able to access my OS at all, which in turn caused me to have to reset the laptop to when I first received it. When I went to go download the "backup,: I had realized to my avail that it did not actually save, despite the notification that promised me otherwise. All I had was the very first beta, and my second beta links. While I was recovering, I decided to do quick rewrites, and be done with the thing by December. Again, all went to plan until December 2nd hit, and things went further downhill. As that month started, I was coding as usual, after school when I did my homework, but as the month went on, I was more relied on to pull through personal life issues, not to mention that the last two weeks of December, I was helping my mother recover from a very bad headache that she had recieved. (She is ok, guys. Don't worry.)

TL;DR: When I planned something, it usually ended up in ruin.

I am working on it still. Things are dying down quite a bit on my end and I am more taking my time now with this. Somebody did say to take as long as I need to get it right, so I am following that advice. I have 3 of the scripts rewritten and a few pieces of evidence redone as well, as well as some character developments and some patched up plotholes. All in all, the game should be quite enjoyable once I get it out.

I would like to apologize for my last post. As cocky as I sounded, I truly believed that I could have finished the game before 2016 was done and over with. And I am 100% positive that if things had gone as planned, then you would have had the game by now. But alas, life is quite strange in that respect, and I can react appropriately to whatever is thrown at me. Now, my New Years resolution is to get part one of this out before mid 2017. This I KNOW I can do. Once this is out, I can assure you all that the other parts won't take this long. The main mistake I had for this is that I never really planned all the dialogue out, just bits and pieces that were connected, which resulted in very linear and boring storytelling. Once the part one is out, I will do a lot more planning, which will be much more detailled, and not just a basic point-A-to-point-B plan system that I thought I had.

Once August rolls around, it'll be the third year I've worked on this. That is too long for one part of a fancase. I want to make it worth the wait for you guys, so I hope I don't disappoint all of you who have been very lenient and patient with me when I do release this thing.

I hope you guys had good holidays and a great Happy New Year! I hope that 2017 brings happier outcomes to all of us, more than what 2016 served to us!

Don't worry, shit like this has happened to other fan cases. As long as the end product is good, the length of time won't matter as much.

Time for another update on the game. I believe it has been long enough to make a progress update.

For the past few months, I have been learning how to make sprites, so spriting won't be that much of an issue. Thanks to SuperAJ, of course! In fact, my avatar is an edited version of the official Miley Enpirio that will be in the game. Here is an un-memified image.

The flow of the story. It has been an issue for a little while, but that is why I have friends to help. One very helpful friend of mine who really loves uncovering plot holes helped me patch up quite a few things that just did not make any sense at all. I have bonked the story over the head quite a few times, so now that everything is nice and shiny, all I have to do is make sure all of the ideas flow together well. I should be able to release this with a fun experience, way more than when I began this project.

When was the last time I posted some screenshots? *checks* Oh... wow. The last thing was the "testimony blinkers" which was on AUGUST 11, 2016 and the last time I showed anything in terms of story was... JANUARY 26?! Holy... I think it's time I fix that!

Spoiler: "Space Saver"

Some evidence icons are also getting a revamp. Music is almost all in order, save for one track.

With all of the progress I have made (feels like so little, to be honest), I think a June/July release is DEFINITELY possible if I do everything right. The opening post will also be getting some new boxart and an update soon, as well.

Oh, nice to know this is still going on. I just have to say, don't try to rush the release date. Everything being completed is more important than releasing it soon.
Signature loading, please wait...

Nah, I am not rushing. I am giving an estimate on when I think it will be suitable for release. Rushing things made this go on way longer than it had to, so I don't intend on repeating that mistake.

Spoiler: Screenshots
"It would certainly explain her odd behavior that she exhibited last night" sounds a bit... awkward. Wouldn't something like "it would certainly explain her behavior from last night", or maybe "certainly explain what her actions", or even "it would certainly explain a thing or two from last night" (and then proceeding to talk about her actions without needing to make it clear he would be talking about her actions; would help the flow of the conversation, I feel, given that it's clear both Gumshoe and Phoenix know who they're talking about).

Either way, good luck and all that jazz.

I actually fixed the "It would certainly explain her odd behavior that she exhibited last night" to "It would certainly explain the odd behavior that she exhibited last night." I have been revising some of the things that I have typed lately, and that was the first thing I noticed
Page 2 of 2 [ 75 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Present Evidence » Games