Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 29 of 32[ 1245 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Re: The Legend of Zelda seriesTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Did they say whether all this was coming to the WiiU version?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

I hope it will be released on Wii U. I don't think my 3DS will run the game very well, but I want to play as Marin! Geez, Nintendo, why are you giving me all of these dilemmas!
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Pierre wrote:
Did they say whether all this was coming to the WiiU version?

The post DID mention 3DS and WiiU DLC.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
HYPE INTENSIFIES

now when can we unloose the groose

Oh, good. She'll fucking SING the enemies to sleep. :ron:
And her Special Attack is probably to turn into a seagull - Oops, spoilers!

C-A

oh wow cat's here to shit on something, I did not anticipate this at all

Yeah all the characters will be available for both versions of the game

http://www.zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/dlc/

Looks like we're getting Linebeck too

Link Between Worlds pack will probably be Ravio and Yuga since Hilda is already a costume for Zelda

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Link Between Worlds pack will probably be Ravio and Yuga since Hilda is already a costume for Zelda

Considering Ravio is Link, it would make much more sense to make him a costume for, say, Young Link when the LBW DLC comes out and includes a map.

C-A

Ravio isn't Link and the page says there's two characters

Yuga is a shoo-in and the only other character I can think of who they might possibly use is Irene, which I wouldn't be against, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Ravio

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Marin did have a hidden side where she'd scream at you to kill the cuccos if you attacked them enough. I could see her wanting to go on secret murder sprees to satiate her hidden dark side.

I'm really hoping that the WiiU version will have access to all the DLC that the 3DS version will get. I keep reading some sources that say you need Legends to unlock the same stuff on the WiiU and I really hope that's not the case because that'd be pretty dumb. I'm not wasting money on another version of Hyrule Warriors when I already have a superior version on the WiiU that I'm more guaranteed to play more of.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

ASCEND

CatMuto wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Considering Ravio is Link, it would make much more sense to make him a costume for, say, Young Link when the LBW DLC comes out and includes a map.

C-A

There's also the fact that the game is fairly recent, so I doubt they'd spoil the ending like that. If they include Ravio, he'll be in his Merchant outfit.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Planetbox wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

C-A

There's also the fact that the game is fairly recent, so I doubt they'd spoil the ending like that. If they include Ravio, he'll be in his Merchant outfit.

Being a recent game doesn't stop Super Smash Bros. from spoiling games...
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Not to mention, the internet loudly proclaimed it a few weeks after the Japanese release.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Planetbox wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

C-A

Gah certainly doesn't stop you guys from ruining the ending despite a perfectly good Spoiler Tag system...
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Given that Lorule is Hyrule's counterpart, it was a given that Link's counterpart would appear. And as we all know, the color counterpart to green is purple.

C-A

But Zelda doesn't wear green.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
But Zelda doesn't wear green.

Indeed. But she does wear purple. And purple is a color usually worn by royalty. Also, evil people... evil royals. Royal evils.

C-A

ASCEND

CatMuto wrote:
Given that Lorule is Hyrule's counterpart, it was a given that Link's counterpart would appear. And as we all know, the color counterpart to green is purple.

C-A

Sure, but that doesn't mean it was a given that Ravio would be Link's counterpart. There's still the possibility that Link's counterpart would actually be another character or just never show up in the game before his first appearance.

Rule of Videogames: every counterpart appears. Unless they have a damn good reason for them to never meet (if they do, the universe explodes, for example) or the counterpart has been proven to already be dead.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Rule of Videogames: every counterpart appears. Unless they have a damn good reason for them to never meet (if they do, the universe explodes, for example) or the counterpart has been proven to already be dead.

C-A

Rule of Life: Don't assume everyone shares your supposed 'rules'.

(Yes this statement is paradoxical)

All the same once more: Just because something seems obvious or a given to you don't assume that everyone shares that outlook and use that to justify spoilers.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

That's pretty neat, but it doesn't really change what I said. Of course he would show up, but there was no guarantee he would be Ravio.

Why not? He was a very prominent NPC and helpful to Link.
Or were you expecting them to reveal that some random NPC who doesn't appear until the final minute is Lonk?

C-A

Sylph of Doom

Just wanted to step in and say that I'm growing to love the LoZ series. :maya: Currently I'm playing through the original and Majora's Mask, though I've also seen a playthrough of Skyward Sword. I also grew up helping my uncle get through playing Twilight Princess. Definitely like what I've been seeing.
Yours in Eternity

la-la la~ la-la la~
la-la-la-la~ la~

la-la la~ la-la la~
la-la la~

la~ la~ la~ la~ la~
la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la la-la~
la-la-la-la~ la-la~

la~ la~ la~

She's pretty damn good

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
She's pretty damn good

Who (or what) is 'she'?

C-A

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 0120979460

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/713902200120979460

Sure I like Maron she looks tougher than bloody Agitha at least.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Sorry, but if it's a choice between smashing enemies away with a giant beetle or defeating them through the power of song, I'm picking Agitha over Marin any day. At least Agitha was interesting and funny as a character, compared to Marin who sang. And did nothing else.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Sorry, but if it's a choice between smashing enemies away with a giant beetle or defeating them through the power of song, I'm picking Agitha over Marin any day. At least Agitha was interesting and funny as a character, compared to Marin who sang. And did nothing else.

C-A

And raises horses and cows? Contributes to the economy of Hyrule. Supports her single father, teaches Link a song and horseriding and gives him a horse which ultimately are skills that help him save the kingdom. Compared to optional sidequest girl she's far better in my book.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre.... that's Malon. Cat was talking about Marin, who is in Link's Awakening. Marin would sing songs and was a friend to all the animals and the only girlfriend Link has had in the series. She's the one who's playable in HW, not Malon.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
Pierre.... that's Malon. Cat was talking about Marin, who is in Link's Awakening. Marin would sing songs and was a friend to all the animals and the only girlfriend Link has had in the series. She's the one who's playable in HW, not Malon.

Aw man...I liked Link's Awakening but that's way less interesting than Malon.

Welp I'll show myself out!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Sure I like Maron

Pierre wrote:
Aw man...I liked Link's Awakening but that's way less interesting than Malon.

dullahan1 wrote:

Were they ever stated to officially be in a relationship? I do not recall anything, except going to a beach and watching the waves. (Which is not a date, in my book) But seriously, she served no purpose. Well, okay, she had one: emotional tug. We were supposed to care for her... despite her barely ever (necessarily) interacting with us in the game. She gave us the song of the windfish onto the ocarina, but that was pretty much it.

Quote:
Welp I'll show myself out!

Well, Marin WAS heavily based on Malon... or... it was the other way around and Malon's design was heavily based around Marin...

C-A

The game from what I remember basically implied that they liked each other. They never really entered a relationship, but the whole sidequest with her is implied that it's a date between Link and her.

As for Marin, the game actually says that she looks like Princess Zelda. Ocarina of Time came out later, and Malon and Talon's designs are heavily inspired from Marin and Tarin's in Link's Awakening. Basically, Malon looks like Marin, who supposedly looks like Zelda, so according to the game logic, Malon should look like Zelda too.

Tarin's design I believe is also inspired by Mario. Hence the whole turning into a raccoon bit. And in OoT, Talon and Ingo's designs are an obvious reference to Mario and Luigi, hence Talon's red and blue color scheme and Ingo's green and blue, as well as their mustaches and body shapes. Talon and Malon even wear little Bowser looking medallions.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Quote:
She gave us the song of the windfish onto the ocarina, but that was pretty much it.

And gave you your shield
And woke up the walrus blocking the entrance to Yarna Desert

Quote:
We were supposed to care for her... despite her barely ever (necessarily) interacting with us in the game.

"If she isn't doing important tasks for me, why should I care about her?"

Quote:
Well, Marin WAS heavily based on Malon... or... it was the other way around and Malon's design was heavily based around Marin...

The latter
Marin is the OG, Malon is a lame knock-off

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Zelda noob here. Can somebody explain these two things from Ocarina of Time:

The Song of Storms situation, and...

How the Sacred Realm works. Is it a timeless place? What is the reason for why Link can't just put the Master Sword back and continue his life as a child?

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"If she isn't doing important tasks for me, why should I care about her?"

As you can see in my recent Grind Gear As Gamer post, it's more in line of "I barely interact with her, why should I care so much?" Being helpful is certainly, well, helpful. But it doesn't change the fact that I know nothing about her or have been given a good reason to care.

Also, I read that Marin's design was based on Zelda... which may have worked in the limited sprites (or was done because of limited sprites), but that kind of went away after a bit.

Quote:

How the Sacred Realm works. Is it a timeless place? What is the reason for why Link can't just put the Master Sword back and continue his life as a child?

Former: Stable Time Loop.

Latter: ...gameplay reason. Seriously, there is NO reason why Link COULDN'T put the sword back and just leave it alone. Ganny couldn't touch the goddamn thing, anyway, which would have prevented him getting the Power Triforce piece.

C-A

As for why Link can't just put the Master Sword back and continue his life as a child?

Welp, my guess is because Link HAS to have the sense of duty to save the world once he sees the danger. Hence why he skips his childhood years and goes straight into adulthood. The world is in danger and he feels the need to save it. Or in other words, because that's how the game designers made it. :p

And technically, at the end of OoT, Link does put the Master Sword back into the pedestal and continue his life as a child. This then goes to lead into Majora's Mask and a whole bunch of really asinine and convoluted timeline/parallel timeline stuff that I prefer not to talk about.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:

Quote:

Former: Stable Time Loop.

Otherwise known as the Bootstrap Paradox.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

I'm positive I explained this in another post but I can't find it atm so

Link can't just put the sword back because taking/removing the sword sends Link EXACTLY SEVEN YEARS IN TIME. Meaning the minute Link opens the gate to the Sacred Realm, it's too late; he can't go far enough back in time to undo what he did.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... lToThePast

dullahan1 wrote:
Welp, my guess is because Link HAS to have the sense of duty to save the world once he sees the danger. Hence why he skips his childhood years and goes straight into adulthood. The world is in danger and he feels the need to save it. Or in other words, because that's how the game designers made it. :p

Well, if he knows what will happen upon pulling the sword out - he's locked away for 7 years; Ganny gets the Power Triforce - he could put the sword back and just spent those 7 years training, instead of sleeping in the Sages' Chamber where Rauru is busy watching this underage boy become semi-legal.

Quote:
Link can't just put the sword back because taking/removing the sword sends Link EXACTLY SEVEN YEARS IN TIME. Meaning the minute Link opens the gate to the Sacred Realm, it's too late; he can't go far enough back in time to undo what he did.

Which makes no sense, because NPCs talk about the thing that happened seconds before he pulled the sword out. Even if you've wandered around the past for ages and helped everyone, they still talk about "ZomG, WTF was that with Ganondorf and Princess Zelda?".

See, this is why putting time travel into a game generally doesn't work, unless you make sure you close the loopholes.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Maybe once the Master Sword was removed, the Sacred Realm was permanently unsealed? Blame shoddy craftsmanship.
You could also claim multiverse theory and that every time Link returns to the past, he's creating a parallel universe, but that brings in to question whether any of this really matters.
Or... it's a fifth generation video game world where pots re-materialize if Link walks out of a room and immediately reenters; Anthropic Principle and all.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
You could also claim multiverse theory and that every time Link returns to the past, he's creating a parallel universe, but that brings in to question whether any of this really matters.

And that has pretty much explained my point on why the timelines do not matter a single thing to the entire game's franchise.

If it was a multiverse, I'd be wondering why there is no occasion of, say, the multiverse parts segregating into each other and then an army of Links have to fight an army of Gannys. You know, teaming up and all, like in Power Rangers.

C-A
Page 29 of 32 [ 1245 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station