Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 1 of 1[ 16 posts ]

Talking about the movie/filmTopic%20Title

Beware of the Dog

I can't believe that no one did that before, but yeah. The movie/film adaption of AA, with real people.
I actually found it pretty enjoyable, despite some things being kind of strange. Nick didn't really look like Nick, if you ask me, but I liked him anyway, though it was somehow embarrassing how he got tons of nearly-heart attacks every time something went wrong. I also liked the locations shown in the background, and the holograms were not that bad for me. And I think that Polly was pretty cool. :polly:
So, what about you?
Re: Talking about the movie/filmTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Yeah I'd say it was pretty great actually. Went to see it with a couple of friends and some actual folks from CR. One of them wasn't even a fan of AA and said it was pretty good.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

A Kirby and AA fan

I liked the movie, but it honestly wasn't very memorable for me. It wasn't even that long ago that I last saw it, but I hardly even remember what happened, how everything looked, etc...

Gettin' Old!

Nurio wrote:
I liked the movie, but it honestly wasn't very memorable for me. It wasn't even that long ago that I last saw it, but I hardly even remember what happened, how everything looked, etc...

Hmm I disagree, (of course we're talking about memory here so it's all subjective) I can remember a lot of it pretty well.

The underwhelming first case (in universe, not my opinion), the over-the-top hairstyles and reactions of the audience to Nick's terrible deductions. The neat little 2-4 Cameo in the credits. The REALLY AWESOME portrayal of Yanni Yogi's issues in the climax.

Some things I think are really cool in that film.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I think it was a hilarious experience. It really captured the over-the-top nature of the series, but I just can't take it seriously.

I still don't know how this thing managed to get a Spanish dub.

Beware of the Dog

It managed to get a German one too, and I think that's actually pretty cool, since AA is a rather unknown franchise over here. I watched it together with my stepbrother, who kept complaining about the lack of :objection: shouts, but I don't think of that as a problem, actually. I also liked Edgeworth, although he looked like a kid, mostly because he did some cool moves when handling the projector.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Viktoria von Karma wrote:
It managed to get a German one too, and I think that's actually pretty cool, since AA is a rather unknown franchise over here. I watched it together with my stepbrother, who kept complaining about the lack of :objection: shouts, but I don't think of that as a problem, actually. I also liked Edgeworth, although he looked like a kid, mostly because he did some cool moves when handling the projector.

That double finger-snap though...
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Objected~!

Technically we did have threads here: http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 31&t=21067 and http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 31&t=21127

Overall the movie was fun and I really enjoyed it. It gave a different vibe to the anime and I really liked how Naruhodo really looked like he was thinking hard to piece things together... oh and who could've forgotten the anime falls.

A Kirby and AA fan

DREWdesu wrote:
oh and who could've forgotten the anime falls.

I could =P
Don't remember those at all!

Pierre wrote:
Hmm I disagree, (of course we're talking about memory here so it's all subjective) I can remember a lot of it pretty well.

The underwhelming first case (in universe, not my opinion), the over-the-top hairstyles and reactions of the audience to Nick's terrible deductions. The neat little 2-4 Cameo in the credits. The REALLY AWESOME portrayal of Yanni Yogi's issues in the climax.

Some things I think are really cool in that film.

The funny thing is, I remember there were plenty of noteworthy or outstanding things, but somehow they didn't stick; I don't remember what they were, just that they were there

HEY, PAL!

I don't know what non-fans would think of it, but I thought it was good overall; I thought it was visually interesting and that they kept it faithful enough to the original game, while also making sensible changes for the sake of adaptation and for being its own thing.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Yes yes yes! Brilliant, BRILLIANT I say! :gant-clap: Hiroshige Narimiya and Takumi Saito really captured Phoenix' and Edgeworth's essences, I think, and I love that Takumi made a cameo :D <3 Sooo funny and silly and tongue-in-cheek and yet the very ending really moved me. YES. (But why did Redd look like Michael Jackson? And why did they play Apollo's objection theme at the end?)
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Gettin' Old!

Going for Miles wrote:
Yes yes yes! Brilliant, BRILLIANT I say! :gant-clap: Hiroshige Narimiya and Takumi Saito really captured Phoenix' and Edgeworth's essences, I think, and I love that Takumi made a cameo :D <3 Sooo funny and silly and tongue-in-cheek and yet the very ending really moved me. YES. (But why did Redd look like Michael Jackson? And why did they play Apollo's objection theme at the end?)

Because Apollo Justice has a better theme I think, plus it more fitted the sombre mood when it was used.

Though who was Takumi?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The video game boy; the one who wins

When Edgeworth is declared innocent Larry turns to the guy next to him and pats him on the chest, and the guy smiles back at him. That is Takumi.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

This movie has got to be the best Video Game movie adaption of all time. I'm very surprised there's no sequel. I was expecting a Justuce For All movie because of the ending credits. Even a Trials and Tribulutions movie I mean I really want to see how cool Godot looks. It's the perfect time to do it to because of the series 15th anniversary from when the games were first released.

Happy Maria

I stopped watching it once it got to the 1-4 bit. It actually got really really boring for me. So...I didn't really like it. Layton's was better.

Team Defense Attorney!

Initially I was put off by how serious the movie was, especially the characters Maya and Redd White. But then after a while I got used to it. Then once the whole Yanni Yogi backstory was shown that's when things really got interesting and the serious tone really shone (they really did a good job portraying the plight of Yanni). Overall I enjoyed it a lot towards the end--plus the cameos from Shu Takumi and little references and humorous bits were frosting on the cake ^_^
Credit goes to shadow_lepus
Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo