Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 4[ 140 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

AA6 open-spoiler discussion threadTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

This is an open-season, spoiler-heavy discussion thread for AA6 as a whole! In this thread alone spoiler tags are not needed. Conversely, that means if you don't want to be spoiled, this is not the thread for you! Hit the back button!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: AA6 open-spoiler discussion threadTopic%20Title

For anyone interested it looks like Pearls apparently makes an appearance in the game(probably case 5) because Apollo goes to Kurain village at some point.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Indochine Ramera wrote:
For anyone interested it looks like Pearls apparently makes an appearance in the game(probably case 5) because Apollo goes to Kurain village at some point.

They really are bringing everyone back. Happy to see Pearls, though.

Wotter boy

Thunder84 wrote:
Indochine Ramera wrote:

They really are bringing everyone back. Happy to see Pearls, though.

I am too!
I was honestly a bit worried about Pearl getting pushed back to the sidelines (even though it's not like she did too much in main DD cases anyway)
Though I wonder what reason they would have for visiting Kurain anyway.

I'm really curious about Naruhodo and Mayoi's relationship in this installment? Romantic? Still platonic? Anyone know?

Yabba Dabba Doo

Simplyconjecture wrote:
I'm really curious about Naruhodo and Mayoi's relationship in this installment? Romantic? Still platonic? Anyone know?

From what I can tell, it's still platonic.

After reading about the first 4.5 cases and knowing the basic ending, I can say this game could very easily be one of my favorites or one of my least favorites. How they handle Apollo leaving will probably be the make or break difference for me.

Thanks for the quick answer! I'll reserve my judgments for when I play it myself, so I'm trying not to be too disappointed with some of these spoilers. I guess I never expected narumayo to be a real thing, but I hoped! Haha.

Yabba Dabba Doo

This is a fairly minor spoiler, but Nayuta really likes Ema and keeps her as his detective.

I know shippers will be all over this, considering their minimal age difference.

What's between the bread?

So the general impressions I've gotten are that it's a step up from Dual Destinies, since rather than the arc heavily focusing on one person it's more the whole fictional nation and its people, with their top prosecutor, princess and queen all playing big roles, plus we get more backstory on an existing character (which both explains and complicates things, much like the events of Trials and Tribulations), but once again some major lingering elements from previous games still aren't addressed in favor of something different.

Really kind of sums up most of Capcom's recent entries to their franchises in general, doesn't it? Doesn't sound like this will annoy me as much as Resident Evil 6 did though...

I will say Apollo staying behind, at least for now, is fine with me. Apollo's had the issue of being stuck in Phoenix's shadow, whether he really fully realizes it or not, and taking a step away from him to build something, something he truly believes in, really speaks volumes about his character. Obviously he should still come back in some capacity in the next game since he's grown from a not terribly impressive replacement protagonist to a guy whose storylines I'd actually like to see some resolution to.

Oh yeah, one thing that still hasn't been made clear to me in any other threat yet: so is Maya now officially the Master of Kurain, more or less?

Yabba Dabba Doo

WildSandwich wrote:
So the general impressions I've gotten are that it's a step up from Dual Destinies, since rather than the arc heavily focusing on one person it's more the whole fictional nation and its people, with their top prosecutor, princess and queen all playing big roles, plus we get more backstory on an existing character (which both explains and complicates things, much like the events of Trials and Tribulations), but once again some major lingering elements from previous games still aren't addressed in favor of something different.

Really kind of sums up most of Capcom's recent entries to their franchises in general, doesn't it? Doesn't sound like this will annoy me as much as Resident Evil 6 did though...

I will say Apollo staying behind, at least for now, is fine with me. Apollo's had the issue of being stuck in Phoenix's shadow, whether he really fully realizes it or not, and taking a step away from him to build something, something he truly believes in, really speaks volumes about his character. Obviously he should still come back in some capacity in the next game since he's grown from a not terribly impressive replacement protagonist to a guy whose storylines I'd actually like to see some resolution to.

Oh yeah, one thing that still hasn't been made clear to me in any other threat yet: so is Maya now officially the Master of Kurain, more or less?

One of the biggest issues I originally had with Apollo stating was that I thought Phoenix would be the playable lawyer in case 5. However, you get to play as Apollo almost the entire time instead, which is a HUGE plus.

Derper

I am curious if the so-called "Rule 34 of the internet" would apply to this:

http://ahlbiurgaid.tumblr.com/post/1458 ... -was-after
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

The miracle finally happen...

OK, now that most of the details are out, I've tried to organise a timeline of Apollo's family history as of AA6:

2005: Apollo is born to Sousuke and Thalassa Gramarye.
2006: Dirk invites Apollo's father to Khura'in, Sousuke dies in house fire and Dirk barely saves Apollo from death. Thalassa leaves shortly after to rejoin Troupe Gramarye and Dirk takes in Apollo and raises him as his adoptive son. Nayuta is now his adoptive brother.
2006 - 2015(?): Apollo is raised in Khura'in until he is around 10 years old, at which point he is taken back to Japan and raised in the orphanage.
2011: Thalassa, now married to Zak Gramarye, gives birth to Trucy. This makes Zak Apollo's step-father.
2012 - 2015(?): Thalassa is injured during a rehearsal, causing her to lose her memory and eyesight. Moves to Borginia.
2015(?) - 2026: Apollo grows up in Japan, meets Clay Terran in middle school.
2019: Zak leaves Trucy following the events of Turnabout Succession. Trucy is adopted by Phoenix Wright.
2026: Apollo becomes lawyer for Gavin & Co. Law offices, Ace Attorney 4 happens.

His family relations therefore are:

Sousuke - Biological father (deceased)
Thalassa - Biological mother (alive)
Dirk - Adoptive father (deceased)
Amara - Adoptive mother (alive)
Nayuta - Adoptive brother (alive)
Zak - Step-father (deceased)
Trucy - Half-sister (alive)

I might have left a few minor details out (I'm aware I haven't specified exactly why Dirk takes Apollo back to Japan because I'm missing that particular piece of info) but otherwise these are all of Apollo's direct relatives. Yeesh, that's... some childhood... If there are any errors let me know and I'll edit the post.

Gardevoir lover

That's quite the family the guy has.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Yabba Dabba Doo

As if Apollos family isn't screwed up enough, Durk is shot and killed in case 5.

A strong Phoenix x Maya shipper

Simplyconjecture wrote:
Thanks for the quick answer! I'll reserve my judgments for when I play it myself, so I'm trying not to be too disappointed with some of these spoilers. I guess I never expected narumayo to be a real thing, but I hoped! Haha.

This is really so disappointing... :sad-maya:
This was the last capcom series that I was following because they've disappointed me with their other series and I guess AA too is going to follow the tradition... Seriously why?

Zekrom025 wrote:
2006: Dirk invites Apollo's father to Khura'in, Sousuke dies in house fire and Dirk barely saves Apollo from death. Thalassa leaves shortly after to rejoin

Wasn't it implied (in AJ: AA) that Sousuke had accidentally died on stage during one of the Gramarye's shows?

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Yabba Dabba Doo

Slammer wrote:
Zekrom025 wrote:
2006: Dirk invites Apollo's father to Khura'in, Sousuke dies in house fire and Dirk barely saves Apollo from death. Thalassa leaves shortly after to rejoin

Wasn't it implied (in AJ: AA) that Sousuke had accidentally died on stage during one of the Gramarye's shows?

I thought that was only Thalassa was implied to have died in the show. I don't think Sousuke had anything to do with it.

Last edited by Thunder84 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gardevoir lover

Thunder84 wrote:
As if Apollos family isn't screwed up enough, Durk is shot and killed in case 5.

That's gonna be an awkward family reunion.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Thunder84 wrote:
Slammer wrote:
Zekrom025 wrote:

I thought that was only Thalassa was implied to have died in the shoe. I don't think Sousuke had anything to do with it.

Ok, I read through the script and...

Spoiler:

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Derper

Yeah, he died during his performance for the queen when he got struck in the head and the house was set on fire.

So... he was murdered?

Derper

Slammer wrote:
So... he was murdered?

Yep, because he was with the queen and she was going to be assassinated.

Case 5 also shows that Thalassa wasn't even as horrible as some think she is because she didn't even really abandon Apollo. He was with his father at the queen's house and since the police was too caught up with the assassination they weren't much help with finding Apollo.

Wotter boy

Reglare wrote:
Case 5 also shows that Thalassa wasn't even as horrible as some think she is because she didn't even really abandon Apollo. He was with his father at the queen's house and since the police was too caught up with the assassination they weren't much help with finding Apollo.

Poor Thalassa tho, she was probably freaking out over what happened to her husband and the police not even helping her find her child.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Reglare wrote:
Slammer wrote:
So... he was murdered?

Yep, because he was with the queen and she was going to be assassinated.

Actually, Amara lived through the fire (She disguised herself as Baaya). She gets shot on the stand in case 5 though.

Derper

Thunder84 wrote:
Actually, Amara lived through the fire (She disguised herself as Baaya). She gets shot on the stand in case 5 though.

I know, I was just being vague just 'cause.

Also, to twist the knife further, here's the latest blog post about Apollo's dad:
http://spiritofgs4.tumblr.com/post/1458 ... ng-out-for

Yabba Dabba Doo

Reglare wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

I know, I was just being vague just 'cause.

Also, to twist the knife further, here's the latest blog post about Apollo's dad:
http://spiritofgs4.tumblr.com/post/1458 ... ng-out-for

This case is really going all out.

Derper

Vid with all the villain breakdowns

Yabba Dabba Doo

Reglare wrote:

So Garan is the big bad. Not too surprised, but it's awesome to see a female big bad for once.

Thunder84 wrote:
So Garan is the big bad. Not too surprised, but it's awesome to see a female big bad for once.

Given what happens in her breakdown, I have to guess everything happens due to Garan not being able to spirit channel. Much like Kurain's leaders, the Khura'in royal family is supposed to be capable spirit channelers (which is why Maya originally hid her ability, as the idea of an outsider being just as good, or even better, could be seen as blasphemy). If the whole plot is about Garan taking power while hiding the fact she was unable to spirit channel...

From the GS6 liveblogger(http://spiritofgs4.tumblr.com/post/1458 ... to-keep-me):

Quote:
there are two things that are going to keep me alive rn

1) apollo promises to return to japan

2) THE LAST AFTER-CREDITS SCENE WAS PHOENIX GIVING (PLAYER, UNNAMED BUT WE ALL KNOW WHO THAT IS) THALASSA A COPY OF SOUSUKE’S PIC AND SAYING IT WAS ABOUT TIME THEY TOLD “TOLD THEM THE TRUTH”

The miracle finally happen...

WarChild wrote:

2) THE LAST AFTER-CREDITS SCENE WAS PHOENIX GIVING (PLAYER, UNNAMED BUT WE ALL KNOW WHO THAT IS) THALASSA A COPY OF SOUSUKE’S PIC AND SAYING IT WAS ABOUT TIME THEY TOLD “TOLD THEM THE TRUTH”

Dammit Yamazaki....

Wotter boy

Reglare wrote:

Literally, Malmel and Saara's breakdowns makes me cry ;w;

Derper

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Reglare wrote:

Literally, Malmel and Saara's breakdowns makes me cry ;w;

Yeah, they definitely didn't deserve that.

Also, about the ending. As I said before, Trucy and Apollo not knowing they're siblings obviously meant this wasn't the endgame for Apollo.

Well I'm still unsure about everything that happened towards the end, with all the plot twists and reveals, but it feels like a good and strong story for me.

And now that I know how that ending with Apollo came to be, I can say with certainty that I still think it feels IC and logical for me.
I also love how they're teasing the fans at the very end with that Phoenix/Thalassa discussion about telling Trucy and Apollo soon, haha. Obviously, that's for anyone thinking they had somehow forgotten about that part.

I'm glad that most of the recurring characters had a "good role" (though Edgey's presence was definitely not mandatory but he's still the same cool guy as ever so I guess that's okay).

Small 'meh' and I will probably have to play the game by myself to change my mind, but right now I'm not super fond of Nayuta's and Rayfa's characters. They're interesting and were important to the plot, but not particularly original in my opinion.
I'm also a bit disappointed that Bokuto didn't have a better role, but that's just because I found him cute.

Other than that, 100% happy about how Maya's character was used (waited for her return ever since AJ got localized in Europe so I'm glad it fitted my expectations) and special kudos to case 4 which didn't have anything to do with the main plot but felt like a good DD epilogue between Simon and Athena.

Wotter boy

Indochine Ramera wrote:
Other than that, 100% happy about how Maya's character was used (waited for her return ever since AJ got localized in Europe so I'm glad it fitted my expectations) and special kudos to case 4 which didn't have anything to do with the main plot but felt like a good DD epilogue between Simon and Athena.

How was Maya handled in this game?

Yabba Dabba Doo

Well, I guess I can kinda give my thoughts on this now that I know everything.

I personally think Apollo's reasoning for staying behind sounds exactly like something he would do. He doesn't know about Trucy being his sister or Thalassa his mother, so Nayuta and Rayfa are all the family he has left. I look forward to seeing what they do with him and Trucy.

One major disappointment for me was the usage of Maya. She went through very little character development at all, and barely even got any screen time. I know this will change with the DLC, but all she did was get arrested and get kidnapped. We barely even saw her for most of the game, and that's pretty lame in my opinion. Why she's on the cover is beyond me (Although it's most likely for marketing purposes).

I'm really torn on case 5 right now. Part of me thinks it's incredible, but I'm worried that it won't be as much of an AA game. It looks like there's a lot of story parts during the investigation. While I'm fine with that, I hope there's still plenty of investigating to do during the case. I'm happy that there's 2 trials though.

Overall, I really like what I've seen so far.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Looks like we have a reference to "Je suis L'Belle"...

Also, I just found out that Garan uses a variant of the same curse as Nayuta, along with a new one:
"Satora imaoman domosamashi detashioke taregasayo sonoka!"

And...

"Saman shiike domomo sonoka shitaoma takemama sodogashima!"
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Indochine Ramera wrote:

Well, reasonably well in my opinion. She feels more mature while still being herself (like the transformation Phoenix went through between T&T and DD you could say: he grew up but in the end he remains the same old Nick) and even if she was almost convicted and then abducted (like in the old games), I'd say she still has an important role considering what happens in case 5 so that's really all I wanted.

I mean, compared to Edgeworth who really had the most minor role, Maya was given some spotlight as a spirit medium and that's not something we had in the old games. In the initial trilogy she was Phoenix' assistant and of course there was the Fey feud, but Maya in this game is all about "being a mature spirit medium" and that's a side they never really took the time to develop past the Fey feud so I was quite happy with how it turned out to be.

That being said, I'm quite easy to satisfy when it comes to the Ace Attorney series and especially on the characters of the first trilogy because they are characters who gave me a lot of feels for more than ten years so basically all I wanted was for Maya to return and I'm glad we got to see more of her and that she was given an actual role in the main story.

....Just to give you an idea, I really wouldn't mind if Capcom decided to make a game about only Nick, Maya and an old prosecutor like Franny and Edgey + Gumshoe/Ema as the recurring characters in the current timeline (of course with Pearl and Trucy on the side). I'm quite nostalgic of the first trilogy and I doubt any other game of this series will ever beat it for me so basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm definitely biased when it comes to the old characters and so about how Maya was handled in this game. :hobohodo:

WildSandwich wrote:

These are my thoughts as well.

As for Maya.... Well now that she apparently solved her issues about calling spirits at will thanks to training like the Master should be able to do, then yes probably. Don't know if we're supposed to ever get a ceremony but now Capcom can't really use the "I'm still training" excuse.

Last edited by Indochine Ramera on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yabba Dabba Doo

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Indochine Ramera wrote:

I personally would say that I'm not a fan of how she was handled, but a big part of that was because I expected her to be a main character. I'd recommend expecting her to be just like a more mature version of herself in the original trilogy with less screentime.

A strong Phoenix x Maya shipper

Thunder84 wrote:

One major disappointment for me was the usage of Maya. She went through very little character development at all, and barely even got any screen time. I know this will change with the DLC, but all she did was get arrested and get kidnapped. We barely even saw her for most of the game, and that's pretty lame in my opinion. Why she's on the cover is beyond me (Although it's most likely for marketing purposes).

I think I read somewhere that the whole Khurain Kingdom was created for the sake of reviving Maya but if she doesn't get much screen time for herself then what is the point? Seriously, so disappointing...

Indochine Ramera wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Indochine Ramera wrote:

Well, reasonably well in my opinion. She feels more mature while still being herself (like the transformation Phoenix went through between T&T and DD you could say: he grew up but in the end he remains the same old Nick) and even if she was almost convicted and then abducted (like in the old games), I'd say she still has an important role considering what happens in case 5 so that's really all I wanted.

I mean, compared to Edgeworth who really had the most minor role, Maya was given some spotlight as a spirit medium and that's not something we had in the old games. In the initial trilogy she was Phoenix' assistant and of course there was the Fey feud, but Maya in this game is all about "being a mature spirit medium" and that's a side they never really took the time to develop past the Fey feud so I was quite happy with how it turned out to be.

That being said, I'm quite easy to satisfy when it comes to the Ace Attorney series and especially on the characters of the first trilogy because they are characters who gave me a lot of feels for more than ten years so basically all I wanted was for Maya to return and I'm glad we got to see more of her and that she was given an actual role in the main story.

....Just to give you an idea, I really wouldn't mind if Capcom decided to make a game about only Nick, Maya and an old prosecutor like Franny and Edgey + Gumshoe/Ema as the recurring characters in the current timeline (of course with Pearl and Trucy on the side). I'm quite nostalgic of the first trilogy and I doubt any other game of this series will ever beat it for me so basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm definitely biased when it comes to the old characters and so about how Maya was handled in this game. :hobohodo:

From what I've read, people are not happy with how they handled Maya though... Even in case 3 where she was the most prominent, she still had pretty limited screen time... Her being a sprit medium was important to the case sure but I feel like she herself never got beyond the point of just being an eye candy.
Page 1 of 4 [ 140 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)