Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 98 of 99[ 3921 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

Re: What Are You Watching Now?Topic%20Title

The Chocolateholic of CR

Why America is NOT the greatest country in the world

Enough has been said.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Objection intensifies

Last Movie: Batman VS Superman
Last Anime: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - Episode 2
Last Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiT4A815Rmg
Last on TV: I don't watch TV very often, except to see Vasco matches...
Brazil has Ace Attorney fans too!
Vasco da Gama, Champion of Land and Sea! Always by your side, until the end.

I watched some clips of Avatar: The Last Airbender.
All I could think while watching it was "This should be in Japanese..." Okay, I know that Last Airbender is heavily inspired by anime, but I think that's the series' downfall, too. I'm sorry, but if you use things that are inspired by a different culture, using them in your culture is still weird. It's the same problem that 'proper' anime translated into different languages has. Some things just sound WEIRD in other languages.

Specifically, one of the clips was the battle between Katara and Hama. Yeah, the bloodbending. I'm sorry, but what was the point of having Katara be at her mercy for about 30 seconds, only for her to say "Your technique won't work on me"? That's asinine, stupid and either a lie (since we saw that her bloodbending DID work on Katara) or it makes the 'hero' look like a dick. You can't pretend to be oooh, poor widdle helpless for a bit and then be the smuggest dick by saying you are immune to that. It ruins any drama.

C-A

The video game boy; the one who wins

I'm on my way finishing season four of Orange is the new black, but I had to pause it for a little bit. WHAT THE FUCK was that about. I'm so watching RuPaul's dragrace after this.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

The Loud House, it's a surprisingly good show from Nickolodeon (thank goodness theyre learning from their mistakes.) It's about a boy named Lincoln Loud in a family of 10 sisters. My personal favorite being Lisa the smart one.

Working my way through Futurama, it's been a while since I saw the original run and never watched the movies or post-cancellation episodes before

Still can't get through Luck of the Fryrish without crying

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I watched Primal Fear on Netflix yesterday. It's the first live action courtroom film I have seen, so I don't know if this is the norm, but dang there were many parts in this one where I genuinely thought "did Takumi get inspires by this when he wrote 2-4?"

Overall, it's a good movie I felt, but it has some problems, mainly with the tone and the plot. There are a few script oddities and lines the actors just couldn't deliver without ruining the illusion that their improv-sounding lines weren't really that and it made some scenes awkward. But in general the plot had issues. The characters are fine, no, they are amazing and three dimensional and the theme of the story is great, but the way it gets to show this was a bit unnecessary. It deals with a needleaslyy violent and nasty case that made me uncomfortable and by the end it had left me with a bad taste in my mouth while still making me go "that was a great story", so I think overall I find the movie middling. The end twist is great though, I just wish I could change the crime in the story so it wasn't such a taboo, because this movie is one of those where even if some parts are boring, it still makes you tune in again because it's well paced and the writing has an attitude and a creativity that makes something stand out in every scene.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Steven Universe I like this show my favorite character is Peridot. The only thing I don't like is the fandom by god this fandom almost caused a girl to kill herself over art.

I've felt worse.

The Mechanic wrote:
Steven Universe I like this show my favorite character is Peridot. The only thing I don't like is the fandom by god this fandom almost caused a girl to kill herself over art.

That's mostly over on tumblr. The reddit side of the fandom is comparatively sane.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Binge watching Doctor Who. Speaking of my previous post about Steven Universe I would love a crossover between these two. I know it's never gonna happen because one is animation and one is real life. But maybe if they turned Doctor Who to animation just for this special it would work. But hey a boy can dream.

The video game boy; the one who wins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u76VL_-dAGY
"Objectionable rhapsody". This is one of the best things I've ever seen.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Rewatching Doctor Who. Honestly (Unpopular opinion here) I love Sleep No More. I love the found footage concept and strange sand creatures chasing you. The main villain of the episode had a fantastic preformance and a nice plotwis. No sleep Capsules I now need to use those because I hate sleeping. Also the song they play for most of this episode is catchy. The song is called "Mr. Sandman" if your wondering.

Milo Murphy's Law on Disney XD. It's made by the same people who made the hit show Phineas and Ferb. It's about the unluckiest boy in the world.

Happy Maria

Watched 'Monkey Business',the 1931 Marx Brothers movie. I seriously confused Groucho and Karl Marx for the longest time...

It is freaking hilarious. Never a dull moment. Comedy is sharp and quick,and their use of brick jokes is wonderful. Though I did wish that it stayed on the ship for the whole movie.

Also,apparently this is the only Marx Brothers movie where they all portray themselves. Interesting..

I'm watching a lost 2nd Doctor episode on BBC America. It's his first episode and it's called "The Power of The Daleks" It's animated because its a recreation but I think the animation is a bit weird.

I've been watching Game of Thrones lately. Just finished watching the second episode of season four, and I'm so damn happy about what happened at the end of that episode.

Spoiler:
I was expecting Joffrey to last a lot longer than that...not like I am complaining. Too bad it seems like Tyrion might not last much longer now either.

Signature loading, please wait...

Been watching a lot of things with my bestie. Recently we been watching a lot of My Hero Academia, Avengers Assemble, Justice League Action, and a whole lot of other shows that we still have to go back on.

Courtroom Révolutionnaire

I almost finished watching Boku No Hero Academia season 1 and I like it a lot. I also watched the movie Kimi no na wa (Your name) yesterday and it was amazing :trucy:

Rewatching Doctor Who Series 10. I say it's probably one of the best series of the modern era, and a great send off for The 12th Doctor.

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

My boyfriend and I LOVE horror movies, but he hasn't seen a lot of the ones I've seen so we've been watching a bunch while I'm here with him.
I had him see Carrie, Tales From the Crypt: Demon Knight, Creepshow 1 & 2, You're Next, etc. :edgey:
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

I've felt worse.

I just finished watching Castlevania (2017). I wasn't expecting much, but that was actually pretty good. Sure, it was short, and it felt like the first act of a larger story, and the exposition was a bit heavy handed, and certain antagonists skirted the line between corrupt and just plain stupid, okay as a whole it wasn't great, but it had great moments.
It was certainly better than a certain other animated video game adaptation. No, not that one.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

Been checking out the new Star Trek on Netflix...its...not sitting too well for me right now.

I dunno...perhaps after all the recent events, another source of media about xenophobia and war was the last thing I needed.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I started to watch Sense8 on Netflix today. Of course, I haven't seen enough of it to give an opinion. It has been ages and ages since I last watched a series lol. But I totally refuse to watch Game of Thrones.

Newest thing I've been watching is DuckTales 2017.

Symphogear AXZ (AXZ is the 4th season of Symphogear) episodes 10-11. I'm going to finish it tomorrow by watching episodes 12 and 13. If you don't know what Symphogear is or haven't watched AXZ, I strongly advise not clicking "spoilers" for obvious reasons.

Summary of Symphogear: Symphogear is an anime series about a girl named Hibiki Tachibana who obtains a magicl "relic" after getting hit with a shard after it's past owner died. She is then joined by 5 other girls who I won't say the names of because spoilers. This anime is a "Musical" I should say. There is a lot of singing involved and it is essential to the plot. Go watch it if you haven't, who knows? Maybe you'll enjoy it.

Spoilers for what I think of episodes 10-11
Spoiler:
Adam seems like a very strong villain. Well as it turns out he's a robot and he was created by an unknown person. Presumably someone in the Bavarian Illuminati. Hibiki and Saint-Germain have teamed up to stop him after Kirika got seriously injured. Basically I'm curious on just how exactly Bikki and Germain will beat him. Oh and Bikki has turned into a cocoon. I'm thinking that Chris will have something to do with the final two episodes because she has been one of the most focused characters this season.

Now for what I think of The season as a whole (Spoilers of course!)
Spoiler:
Well here goes.... From the first episode of the season I could tell it would be way more action packed than previous seasons. However, so far this is probably my least favorite season of the show in a whole. Anyway, now Hibbiki and her friends work for S.O.N.G full time and they have to stop some terrorist group I forgot the name of. Doesn't really matter anyway as it presumed their leader dies within the first episode. The first few episodes of this season take place in Val Verde. (Somewhere in South America) Basically three random women then appear after he "Dies" and they want to restart the world because of a troubled past each three of them have. It then switches to Chris playing soccer/football with her friend Stefan. After which they are attacked by Noise. Suddenly one of the Noise grabs Stefan's leg, and Chris has no choice but to use her "Gear" to shoot it off. Her old mentor Sonia, is angry about this as Stefan is her younger brother. It seems like she will never forgive Chris about this, so Chris goes back to Japan with her friends because she is afraid. Genjouro is the leader of S.O.N.G and announces that the Bavarian Illuminati are plotting something and that their leader is named Adam Weishaupt. Little do they know that Adam has three minions, the main one being Saint-Germain. Her backstory is that she was treated like a slave in Roman times and her mother was killed due to malnutrition. She then seeked vengeance against the world and wanted to "renew" it. Adam then found her crying and gave her the power to live immortally. Look, I'm not going to explain anymore due to me being here all night but if you clicked the spoiler button you have probably watched it. If not, then sorry dude. Anyway, my favorite character is Dr. Ver. To bad he's umm... dead. So my "second" favorite will have to suffice. My second favorite is Kirika Akatsuki, who is the bearer of the Igalima Relic. If I rated this season it would be a 7/10.

Well.... I watched the final two episodes of Symphogear AXZ as I said I would. Anyway there is HUGE spoilers I guess so be cautious.
Spoiler:
As it turns out Adam is not a robot, he is simply an alien shapeshifter. Basically, Hibiki finally hatches out of the cocoon after the Japanese government attacks it. Hibiki has turned into a huge monster who is almost infinitely powerful and the only thing that can help her is a very close friend of hers. Tsububasa and the 4 other wielders try to stop Hibiki and save her. After Miku tells Hibiki that she is her best friend and that is Hibiki's 17th birthday. After that, America launches a missile towards Japan and the only one who can stop it is Saint-Germain. Saint-Germain knows this is pretty much it for her and she sacrifices her life to stop it. The ghosts of her 2 dead friends help her stop it. After that Shirabe notices a floating arm in mid air and it's glowing. Then the sky cracks and Adam reappears grabbing the arm, his removed arm and he turns into into a super arm? Hibikki gets really angry after Adam freezes her friends and destroys the arm. Adam then gets really angry and kills Tiki. He then turns into a huge monster and an awesome finale battle happens. Hibiki turns into her ultimate form and kills Adam by punching him to death. It is revealed that when Hibiki and Miku got hit by a ray in Symphogear G (Season 2) that Hibiki and Miku got cleansed of original sin. Thus they can become more powerful than the average person and this is why Hibiki won. Hibiki then celeberates her 17th birthday with her friends and Miku thanks her for saving the world. Okay so that I'm done talking about the plot of the final two episodes, I will rate it a 8.5/10 now because of how the final episodes were so good. The beginning of the season why kind of boring but that's kind of normal for Symphogear. Except Season 3, there was action from the first episode alone.

Thanks for reading and I can't wait for Season 5. :will:

Idol of Polar Bears

Oh snap, two year necrobuuuuuuuuuump

I'm re-binge watching The X-Files and currently about halfway through Season 8 and trying to stay ahead of my mom who seems to be watching at a rate of 3 seasons to my 1.

bOIng!

Anime: Hunter x Hunter (1999), Inuyasha
Western animation: The Legend of Korra

Rookie Killer

I'm watching an anime called Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
It's about a space war between a 18th century style Germanic galactic empire and the democratic rebels (who call themselves the Free Planets Alliance). It follows two genius young admirals (Yang Wenli and Reinhard von Lohengramm) as they rise up through the ranks of their respective country's military using their tactical prowess. The battles are a lot more tactical than the ones in other space shows and they mainly involve the different admirals devising attacks and counter-attacks and trying to out manoeuvre each other. It's also about the politics of the two factions (monarchical/aristocratic politics in the empire and democratic politics in the FPA) and no side is objectively good because there are a lot of good and bad people on both sides. It covers themes such as: democracy vs autocracy, the power of the military, corruption/decadence in democracy and the power of the nobility/the abuse of power by the nobility.

What's a Court Records?

Been watching InuYasha and good lord, it's LONG.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

The cape is self-fluttering

Rehncohro wrote:

Oh man. Imagine watching it on TV 15 years ago when they showed one new episode per week... during the Band of Seven arc, or any sequence of filler episodes. But compared to Naruto or the original DBZ (among other anime), the number of episodes isn't too bad. At least The Final Act moves things along better.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

What's a Court Records?

Jean Descole wrote:
Rehncohro wrote:

Oh man. Imagine watching it on TV 15 years ago when they showed one new episode per week... during the Band of Seven arc, or any sequence of filler episodes. But compared to Naruto or the original DBZ (among other anime), the number of episodes isn't too bad. At least The Final Act moves things along better.

At least I'm not watching One Piece, lol.
Why am I even here?

bOIng!

I'd love to watch One Piece but the amount of episodes is just frightening.

What's a Court Records?

That's why I'm staying away from it, lol.
Why am I even here?

What's a Court Records?

Still watching InuYasha. Just a few episodes left of the original series, one more movie and then I can watch The Final Act.
Why am I even here?

What's a Court Records?

Rehncohro wrote:
Still watching InuYasha. Just a few episodes left of the original series, one more movie and then I can watch The Final Act.

Nearly everyone sounds different now. :(
Why am I even here?

The cape is self-fluttering

Rehncohro wrote:
Rehncohro wrote:

In voice? Or just as characters?
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

What's a Court Records?

Jean Descole wrote:
Rehncohro wrote:
Rehncohro wrote:

In voice? Or just as characters?

I'm talking about the voice acting. Like, half of the characters seem to have gotten new voices. Some of the others sound like the same VA, but don't sound exactly the same as they did in the original series. Honestly though, I should have expected as much.
Why am I even here?

bOIng!

Neon Genesis Evangelion. Also finishing Ghost Stories.

What's a Court Records?

I decided to watch Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works (the series).
Why am I even here?

Page 98 of 99 [ 3921 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios