Board index » General » Court Docket

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

AA6 Long Interview (Dengeki)Topic%20Title

迷探偵

Dengeki posted a super-long post-release interview with producer Eshiro and director Yamazaki about Ace Attorney 6. They talk about pretty much everything, from the early stages of development, to how they decided to which characters and about story design and game design. It's a post-release interview, so while they don't spoil who the murderer is and stuff like that, they do touch upon slightly on plot points and characters up until episode 3. So I'd mostly recommend this interview to people who already played the game (or don't care about spoilers/hinting).

I have a translation of the complete interview over at Gyakuten Saiban Library
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: AA6 Long Interview (Dengeki)Topic%20Title

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Nice, I just read the whole thing. That's a lot of insight into their process of developing AA6, I'd say. I think at times when reading it, you get a sense they had some struggles with deciding on certain things, and I'm a bit torn on Maya's or even Reifa's inclusion in the way they say it was decided, but it still seems like they have completely taken on the mantle for this series at this point. There's also some fun tidbits with how Eshiro seems a bit iffy on Fuse's symmetrical cover art for the game lol.

In terms of Trucy I also found some things questionable.
Quote:
Yamazaki: Yes. We didn’t manage to really portray Minuki well in 5, so we wanted to a story about here in 6. She has been part of the main story since Gyakuten Saiban 4 (Ace Attorney 4 – Apollo Justice), but she never had a story that revolved around her. We wanted to show not only her outward appearance, but also her true feelings inside. We made episode 2 to dig deeper in her character.

I haven't beaten case 2 yet, although I made it to the trial, but I'm slightly worried if Yamazaki treated this part with care. He worked on AA4 sure, but I think it might be a bit of a misrepresentation of Trucy to show her be super emotional about her personal feelings. In AA4 Phoenix suggests that she's putting on a face to be strong when really she's quite emotional on the inside about her parents and being adopted; all that turmoil. If you're going to break her mask it needs to be done for something that is deeply personal for her, and I'm not fully convinced the part in case 2
Spoiler:
where Trucy starts crying because she's going to be tried in court with emotional music to make it extra sad
is really the right way to "dig deeper" with her character. But then again, she cries offscreen in 4-3 too, so what do I know?
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Racing through the sky like a Missile

linkenski wrote:
In terms of Trucy I also found some things questionable.
Quote:
Yamazaki: Yes. We didn’t manage to really portray Minuki well in 5, so we wanted to a story about here in 6. She has been part of the main story since Gyakuten Saiban 4 (Ace Attorney 4 – Apollo Justice), but she never had a story that revolved around her. We wanted to show not only her outward appearance, but also her true feelings inside. We made episode 2 to dig deeper in her character.

I haven't beaten case 2 yet, although I made it to the trial, but I'm slightly worried if Yamazaki treated this part with care. He worked on AA4 sure, but I think it might be a bit of a misrepresentation of Trucy to show her be super emotional about her personal feelings. In AA4 Phoenix suggests that she's putting on a face to be strong when really she's quite emotional on the inside about her parents and being adopted; all that turmoil. If you're going to break her mask it needs to be done for something that is deeply personal for her, and I'm not fully convinced the part in case 2
Spoiler:
where Trucy starts crying because she's going to be tried in court with emotional music to make it extra sad
is really the right way to "dig deeper" with her character. But then again, she cries offscreen in 4-3 too, so what do I know?

Actually, it's made a pretty big point throughout the case about how Trucy doesn't show her personal feelings a lot. Instead, they have Athena doing all the crying for her.
Spoiler: Ok, maybe
most of it. It's just that one moment in the detention center where she sobs a bit, and I'd say it's even relieving to see her not keeping those emotions pent up when most of the time, she has to. Besides, keeping it in detention where the only guard there never pays any attention is a safe option.

I can draw a lot of parallels to the GS5 audio drama regarding how Trucy is portrayed, and for the most part, her undying faith in her colleagues is the most touching of all. Not once is she ever scared for herself; just anxious for them.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Oreto and Kimito? If that was official then they would be something like "Ayahm Ur'gaid" (I am your guide), but I'm not too sure about the second one.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Something like "Yuyuron Ur'gaid" (You're your own guide)?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Also, the release date was picked because it looks like two Magatama?

…September 6 release date confirmed.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I know this is probably very common for the localizations, but know that I know that Bokuto's japanese name has two meanings (I'm your guide, and honest) it bums me out the english one doesn't, at least not from what I can tell.

Does Albi mean anything? What about Urgaid? xD
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

迷探偵

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Actually, it's made a pretty big point throughout the case about how Trucy doesn't show her personal feelings a lot. Instead, they have Athena doing all the crying for her.

I can draw a lot of parallels to the GS5 audio drama regarding how Trucy is portrayed, and for the most part, her undying faith in her colleagues is the most touching of all. Not once is she ever scared for herself; just anxious for them.

It's interesting how much Trucy has been used in spin-off media actually. The audio drama, the recent novel (she is not at the center of the story, but the case still involves her collegues).

I liked what they did with her in case two actually, in the sense that it's 'just a story about her', but it actually ties very well to the underlying theme of the whole game (not the revolution thing. The real theme of the game).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » General » Court Docket