Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 5 of 22[ 880 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next

Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title

Sleeping is my life.

Talk about the victim and the defendant!

ASCEND

Pierre wrote:
Ugh I see this Peach is the horrible bratty kind from Super Mario Strikers.

I've actually never played Super Mario Strikers! I just like fiddling with people's personalities.

Spoiler: Why am I doing this today I don't have enough time.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Talk about the victim and the defendant, then examine the vanity.

Examine: Vanity

Vesti looks over at the vanity. It has a rather large mirror, and lots of personal care products scattered across the desk. There are also several drawers in the base the mirror is sitting on. He notices the drawer the princess had put something in earlier, hanging slightly ajar. He can barely see some kind of envelope inside. There is some kind of green insignia written on the envelope, but all he can see of it is a green bar. Vesti tries opening the drawer, but the princess quickly shouts, "What are you doing! Don't dig through my personal belongings." Vesti quickly closes the door, and replies, "Sorry! I wasn't really thinking." Peach sighs, "Fine, just don't do it again." Vesti reflects, (...She obviously didn't want us to see what was in that envelope. Hopefully I'll have a chance later...)

Talk: The Victim

Lauren asks, "How well did you know Mario, the victim." Princess Peach replies, "Fairly well, I'd say. Considering he rescued me when I was kidnapped." Lauren asks, "When were you kidnapped? And who kidnapped you?" Peach explains, "As for when I was kidnapped... I can't actually remember. But I was kidnapped by Bowser. He was the king of the Koopa Kingdom. The kingdom is inhabited by these turtle things called Koopas, and their kingdom neighbors ours. Bowser pretty much looks like giant, monstrous turtle." Vesti walks back to the group and asks, "Where is Bowser now?" Peach responds, "I'm not really sure honestly. I didn't really want to pay attention to deal with his arrest." Toadette interjects, "OH! I know what happened to him! So basically, Mario captured him and took him to our kingdom, and then he was put on trial for the kidnapping. He recieved the Guilty verdict due to Mario and the princess's testimony, and now he's in jail somewhere." Princess Peach says, "Oh... right... I did testify in that trial. I guess I forgot somehow. I seem to remember that trial going fairly quickly."

Talk: The Defendant

Lauren asks, "How well do you know Luigi, the defendant." Peach answers, "I don't really know him at all. He hasn't lived in his room at the castle since the kidnapping. He's mostly in the village helping the Toads. I think there was some bizarre ordeal where he rescued Mario from a mansion, but I didn't really get involved in that..." Vesti continues, "Do you think he could have committed the crime?" Peach asks, "Haven't I told you plenty about that already." Lauren points out, "You haven't said much about what the two were arguing." Peach thinks over the question for a minute, but then eventually says, "I'd tell you... but... I believe I've told you two way too much about this case. I'm supposed to leave some stuff about the trial, and the prosecutor would be pretty angry if he heard that I gave out all of this information." Lauren answers, "Alright, we understand. That's probably good enough."

The princess looks back at the clock, and then says, "I'm sorry, but I really must be going now. I'm supposed to arrive early for the 'witness briefing', whatever that is. Goodbye." Peach proceeds to leave the room, leaving the two of you in Peach's room behind her." After about a minute, Toadette says, "Uhh... Why didn't she make us leave the room?" Lauren replies, "...I honestly have no idea." Vesti says, "Well, at least that means I can see what's in the drawer! ...I guess..."

Investigation: Peach's Room
Examine:
More Weird Pictures, Canopy Bed, Vanity.
Talk:
There is no one here :(
Move:
Castle Lobby
Mario's Room
Present:
To Your Reflection
What will you do?

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973

Normally I would just automatically examine the Vanity in but I don't really feel like doing that right now. :(
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Sleeping is my life.

Time to take a look inside the vanity! What is so important about that envelope that Peach didn't want us to check?

Gettin' Old!

"Hmm 80% of the time the most uncooperative witnesses turn out to be murderers."

(Also none of.my.points got asked sad face)

Ask Toadette what the people of the Mushroom Kingdom think of the political landscape here?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

Pierre wrote:
(Also none of.my.points got asked sad face)

I totally used your second question during the Defendant talk option. As for your first question, I still haven't played Super Mario Strikers, so I had no idea what to do about that. I breifly considered "doing research" but after several years of public schooling I'm still pretty terrible at it.

Unfortunately, I also don't know what a political landscape is. Also, I feel really lazy. Also, I've been staring at this computer screen for about three hours and I feel pretty much dead.

Spoiler: Oh boy an uncharacteristically short update.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
WELL GO LOOK IN THE VANITY THEN GAWD.
*gets shooshed*
Also look at the more weird pictures and the bed. Present your police badge to your reflection and ask its favorite color.
Then... I guess go to Mario's room if we have time.

Sable-Xeno wrote:
You should present What Should I Call This? to your reflection. Maybe they'll know what to call it.

The third forum is on a bet to see how long they can keep me double posting. There at about two posts and still going strong right now. They might break a Guiness World Record if they keep it up.

Present: What Should I Call This?: Reflection

Vesti looks into his reflection and asks, "Hey, do you have any idea what I should call this piece of evidence? You know, the one where the witnesses were stuck in the castle lobby?" Vesti Gates replies, "Sure thing! How about you call it 'Witness Timeline' instead" The vest-wearing detective answers, "Hmm... That name doesn't sound absolutely terrible! Thanks, good sir! ...And I might I say that you look rather handsome today?" Detective Gates responds, "How kind of you to say so! The same can be said about you!" Before Vesti Gates can compliment Vesti Gates's hairstyle choices, Lauren Tehra steps up behind Vesti and says, "You know, Vesti... You're a great friend and all, but sometimes I worry about you." Vesti indignantly replies, "What?! It's just talking to yourself! It's like that thing that they do in all of those crime dramas! You know, when someone says something dumb and pointless that somehow helps the detective find the answer." Lauren replies, "Vesti, this isn't a crime drama... this is real life!" The two detectives suddenly get a bizarre feeling, and begin questioning the true nature of their world. Is their existence someone else's dumb crime drama? Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy? Suddenly, Toadette interrupts this pointless existential tirade by asking, "Um... Are you two ok? Aren't you going to check that vanity?" The two immediately recollect with their surroundings, and then Vesti remarks, "Oh, right. Yeah, that could be important. Let's go check it out!" {{Witness Timeline updated in Evidence}}

Examine: Vanity

Vesti, who is standing right next to the Vanity, opens the drawer. Inside is a yellow parcel envelope thing. {{You know, those things report cards are usually in? These things? I don't know if they even have a name.}} On the front is a blocky green capital L. On the back is Luigi's full name, written out in green pen or something. Vesti hands it to Lauren, who unclasps (???) the clasp, and then removes the contents inside. The envelope appears to contain three photographs. Thre three look at the photos. They appear to depict a large turtle-like creature in a weird flying machine grabbing the princess and carrying her away. Toadette says, "...Is this a picture of the kidnapping." Lauren replies, "It certainly appears to be that way... But why does this envelope have Luigi's name on it... and why did the princess hide it in her room?" Toadette remarks, "I think that there's more to these images than meets the eye! We should definitely hold on to them!" Lauren continues, "Yeah. I'll keep these in my bag. I'm not sure I trust them with you two." Vesti replies, "Come on, Lauren, I spilled Kool-Aid on the evidence ONE TIME!" Lauren replies, "Sure, but you spilled coffee on the evidence twice!" Vesti responds, "Alright, now you're just being unreasonable. The cup was empty the second time!" Toadette interjects, "Guys, we need to get moving! We don't have much time! The trial starts in 30 minutes!" Vesti continues, "...You're right. But where should we go?" Lauren explains, "I'd suggest we go to that field if we had more time... but I think it would be a better idea to talk to Luigi again... Assuming we can make it in time..." {{File of Photos added to Evidence}}

I would probably right more if I didn't have such an annoying tendency to get distracted. Seriously, that last paragraph took me about an hour.

Investigation: Peach's Room
Examine:
More Weird Pictures, Canopy Bed.
Talk:
There is no one here :(
Move:
Castle Lobby
Mario's Room
Present:
To Your Reflection
What will you do?

This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Sleeping is my life.

RUN ALL THE WAY TO THE DETENTION CENTER!!!!

Gettin' Old!

(XD the levitation thing isn't in Mario strikers, its been a Peach attribute since Super Mario World 2. Y'know the one with the vegetables and multiple characters.

Ask Toadette about Captain Toad's competency as a defence attorney.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

{{Oh. Duh. In my defense, my brain is relatively bad at braining about 50% of the time.}}

Spoiler: I doubt this update will have much of substance in it.
Sable-Xeno wrote:
...Okay, now that I got that previous action out of my system, and since nobody else suggested it...

Use the precious little time you have left to present your police badge to your reflection.

Spindow wrote:
That canopy bed looks awfully comfy I say we "examine" it while going over the other photos.

Talk: Toadette: Captain Toad's Defending Skills

Vesti turns to Toadette and asks, "How would you describe Captain Toad's competency as a defense attorney?" Toadette replies, "Well, considering that he is a detective, not a defense attorney, I'm not sure that I can say much about that!" Vesti replies, "Oh... ok... Well, what if pretended to be a defense attorney, then how could it go?" Toadette quickly replies, "Well... assuming no one would instantly recognize him... then I doubt he'd do that well. After all, he's the lead detective and a witness for the prosecution." Vesti replies, "Oh... ok..." Vesti Gates disheartened, walks over to the vanity.

Present: Police Badge

Vesti pulls out his police badge, and then waves it in front of the mirror. He says, "This is my police-" Seeing this, Lauren interrupts, "Vesti, what are you doing?" Vesti explains, "Well, I'm going to show my police badge to my reflection, and see how he reacts." Lauren releases a long suffering sigh, and asks, "Vesti, can't that wait until we have more than 30 minutes until Luigi is put on trial and probably found guilty?" Vesti replies, "Well... I suppose so... Let's go to the Detention Center!" Vesti then walks towards the door, but then quickly gets distracted and leaves for another corner of the room.

Examine: Canopy Bed

Vesti walks over to the bed and asks, "Hey Lauren, can I investigate this bed real quick? It looks suspicious!" Lauren and Toadette look extremely annoyed. Vesti continues, "Alright, fine! I'll be right there!"

Move: Detention Center

Vesti starts towards the door, but then moves to the check out the weird pictures instead. Vesti says, "Give me a second, these paintings look really interesting." In response, Lauren grabs Vesti by the hand and starts pulling him out of the room. Toadette follows and closes the door behind her. Afterwards, the group quickly runs through the castle, outside, and then back to the village, where they return to the Detention Center.

Date: ??? Time: 20 minutes until trial. Location: Detention Center

Lauren, Vesti, and Toadette enter the Detention Center. Once inside, they discover that Luigi is still in the holding cell. The three enter the room, and sure enough, Luigi is sitting in the holding cell, and looking extremely worried. Lauren says, "Hello, Luigi. We're here to ask you a few more questions, if you don't mind." Luigi sees the three of them, and answers, "Alright... The guards are going to take me to the courthouse in five minutes, but I guess you can ask me whatever you want until then... I just hope it isn't too late..."

Investigation: Detention Center
Examine:
Gray Brick, Slightly Grayer Brick, Beige Brick.
Talk:
Luigi
The Trial
Your Defense
???
Move:
Toad Village
Present:
To Luigi
What will you do?

Gettin' Old!

Ask what he and Mario talked about that night.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

Talk about the trial and your defense!

Also, ask Luigi to show us his left hand. Then presents the File of Photos to Luigi. Let's hear what he have to says about these photos.

ASCEND

Spoiler: There's nothing spoilery in this box.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Examine the Slightly Grayer Brick and the Beige Brick, then ask about Luigi's defense.

Spindow wrote:
Ask about the alibi.

First, Lauren quickly asks, "Luigi? Would you mind showing us your right hand?" Luigi answers, "Uh... I guess so... I don't know how that would help though." He takes his glove off and shows you his hand. His right hand is relatively normal, aside from the fact that it appears to be somewhat burned. Lauren asks, "How did you hand get burned like that?" Luigi replies, "Oh, this? That happened on the night of the murder." Vesti asks, "How exactly did you get burned." Luigi hesitates for a moment, then answers, "Umm... Well... It was all kind of a blur... I can't really remember." Vesti reflects, (It looks like he's still trying to hide something about the crime...)

Examine: Slightly Greyer Brick

Vesti decides to use the limited time remaining to take a look at one of the bricks in the wall. He comments, "Hey, look! This brick is a darker shade of gray than those other bricks!" Toadette heads over to check out this insanity. She continues, "Wow, you're right! I wonder why they did that." Vesti says, "I have an idea! Maybe some prisoner destroyed the brick that was originally here, and they had to replace it with a different kind of brick." Lauren walks over to the wall and asks, "How exactly would a prisoner destroy the brick from inside the holding cell." Vesti answers, "Maybe they used psychic powers! There are probably some people here that have psychic powers!" Toadette continues, "You know, I think I have met a few people with psychic powers. And some of those Koopas can use magic! Maybe they did it!" Vesti continues, "Hmm... What if this murder is really connected to the destruction of that brick!" Lauren interrupts, "Ok, Vesti, now you're just being ridiculous. Let's at least ask Luigi a few more questions before you make insane theories about that garbage can over there."

Talk: Conversation with Mario

Vesti walks back over to Luigi and asks, "What did you and Mario argue about?" Luigi replies, "...What do you mean?" Lauren explains, "The princess said she overheard you and Mario arguing about something. What were the two of you arguing about?" Luigi meekly replies, "Um... She must be mistaken... We didn't argue about anything..." Vesti reflects, (Yeah, Luigi is definitely hiding something... Unfortunately, I don't really have time to interrogate him about it anymore. Maybe I can figure something out tomorrow.)

Examine: Beige Brick

Vesti, unwilling to let the bricks go, points out another bizarre part of the wall, which happens to be inside Luigi's holding cell. He asks, "Why is that the only beige brick in the entire room?" Luigi replies, "Yeah... That has been bugging me for a while too." Toadette answers, "Maybe pushing that brick leads to a secret passageway!" Luigi responds, "I've already tried that, actually..." Toadette continues, "Maybe you just didn't push hard enough! I bet you were too scared to actually push it!" Lauren interrupts, "Can we stop talking about the bricks, please? You people are driving me insane." Toadette asks, "If you do go insane, can you break the glass so we can push that brick?" At this, Lauren simply lets out a sigh.

Talk: Your Alibi

Vesti finally asks, "Do you have an alibi for the murder." Luigi sighs, "No... not really. I was in the room shortly before Mario was killed... But I didn't kill him!" Lauren asks, "Did you actually see who killed Mario?" Luigi hesitates, then responds, "No... I swear, I left the room before anything happened."

Present: File of Photos

Lauren takes out the file with the photographs in it. She pulls out the three photos and presses them against the screen. She asks, "Do you recognize these photos?" Luigi recoils in apparent shock at seeing them. Eventually, he replies, "Yes... I took those photos." Vesti asks, "What are these pictures depicting." Luigi answers, "...They show the princess getting kidnapped by that Bowser guy. I witnessed the entire event! Apparently, they were the main piece of evidence that got Bowser arrested at that trial. Where did you find them?" Vesti explains, "We found these photos in Princess Peach's room. Do you have any idea how they could have gotten there." Luigi replies, "What?! No, I have no idea. I thought I left them in Mario's room. Maybe the princess took them out?" Lauren quickly asks, "You brought these images to Mario's room! Why?" Luigi seems startled by the question. Eventually, he answers, "...Well... I didn't have any particular reason too... I just sort of brought them absentmindedly..." Everyone stands in silence for a few seconds, then Lauren skeptically responds, "...Alright..."

Talk: Your Defense {{Also includes The Trial because they might as well be the exact same thing}}

Toadette asks, "Luigi, do you know who's defending you for the trial?" Luigi answers, "I don't really know. They said I was being defended by someone from outside the kingdom, but I've never even met them. I don't even know their name. I overheard one of the guards saying that his hair looked kind of funny though." Lauren clarifies, "Wait, so you have a defense attorney, but you don't actually know who he is?" Luigi replies, "Yeah... I guess so..."

Suddenly, the group hears the door slam behind them. Two Toad guards walk into the room. One of them says, "The trial is about to begin. Luigi, it's time for you to go." Luigi looks rather worried, but hesitantly replies, "...Ok. I'm ready..." The other guard walks over to the holding cell, and unlocks the door. Luigi hands are cuffed, and then the guards begin walking him out of the room. Toadette calls after him, "Good luck, Luigi! I'm sure things will go fine!" Luigi turns around and nods in thanks, and then he turns around the corner. After a few seconds of silence, Toadette says, "We should probably get going! I don't want to miss the trial." Vesti responds, "Yeah, you're right... I'm kind of dissapointed. I was hoping to volunteer to defend him myself, and then I'd go and be all lawyer-y and stuff! It would have been awesome!" Lauren laughs, and replies, "Yeah, but I imagine that would have been pretty stressful. Honestly, I'm kind of glad we don't have to deal with that responsibility.

Suddenly, a voice behind them shouts, "I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions if I were you." The three turn around, and see our friend Chronos Krate opening the two double doors and walking into the room. Vesti shouts, "You again! What do you want this time!" Chronos replies, "Not so loud, please! There are some minor characters outside!" Toadette blunty asks, "Who the heck is this?" Lauren replies, "I would love to tell you, but frankly, I haven't the feintest idea." Chronos sighs, "That's not how you spell 'faintest'! Would you people please try a little harder next time!" Vesti replies, "Why are you here again?" Chronos explains, "Oh, right. You see, Vesti, you are actually set to defend Luigi in court in about fifteen minutes. So, you should probably go and do that now." Vesti shouts, "Wait, what! I don't recall signing up at all!" Chronos continues, "Well, I suppose you can question me on the specifics if you must... Just don't expect more than one talk option."

Examine:
Gray Brick.
Talk:
Chronos Krate
Defending Luigi
Move:
Toad Village
Present:
To Chronos Krate
What will you do?

There goes, like, three hours.

Last edited by Planetbox on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sleeping is my life.

Talk about defending Luigi. Are we sure that we have enough evidence to build our case on that Luigi is actually innocent?

Gettin' Old!

Present the police badge to Chronos and firmly remind him that it is not a defence attorney's badge.

Then discuss a good-cop/bad-cop routine with Vesti to make Luigi spill the beans next time we meet.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

Spoiler: I put something super clever here but then I deleted it.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Okay, NOW examine the gray brick.
Then talk to Krate about Defendifying Looweeoogee.

Spindow wrote:
Ask Chronos what his hat size is.

Ask about Luigi too.

Examine: Gray Brick

Let's not and say we did.

Present: Police Badge

Vesti shows Chronos his Police Badge. Chronos sighs, "Why are you showing me that again?" Vesti answers, "I'd just like to remind you that this is a Police Badge. It's not a defense attorney's badge!" Chronos answers, "So?" Vesti hesitantly replies, "Soo... I can't defend people, and stuff." Chronos explains, "Yeah, sure, but this is the Mushroom Kindgom. Their attorney's badges look completely different. Who's to say your Police Badge isn't really a foreign Attorney's Badge? They sure wouldn't." Vesti asks, "Would these people really be that easily tricked?" Chronos explains, "They're NPCs. They're pretty gullible." Lauren interjects, "Isn't something about this illegal? We can't stop a criminal by sinking to their level." Chronos explains, "I mean, pretending to be a lawyer in a dimension you don't even live in doesn't really compare to 1st-degree murder... but whatever. Anyway, it's the only way for you to save Luigi, so inaction would mean a murderer would avoid conviction. So, unless you want poor old Luigi to deal with the hullaboo of his defense attorney not actually existing, then you pretty much don't have a choice." Vesti remarks, "This still seems like a terrible idea..." Chronos replies, "Yeah, it probably is."

Talk: Hat Size

Vesti asks, "Hey, Chronos, what's your hat size?" Chronos hesitates, then replies, "...Why the heck are you asking me this?" Vesti replies, "Uhh... Personal reasons..." Toadette continues, "Yeah, Vesti, why ARE you asking him this?" Chronos answers, "Whatever... My hat size is Large, I guess. That's not usually the kind of thing that gets considered in character creation..." Vesti replies, "Cool, thanks." He proceeds to record this information in his notebook. {{Chronos Krate updated in Profiles}} At this, Chronos remarks, "Is that really worth the trouble of updating the first post?"

Talk: Defending Luigi

Lauren asks, "Assuming we actually try to defend Luigi, would we even half enough evidence to do it?" Vesti replies, "Well... we only have about fifteen minutes left, so it's not like we could actually look for more evidence." Chronos continues, "I can confirm that you have all of the evidence you would need for the moment. You can certainly succeed if you don't do anything stupid." Vesti asks, "Speaking of which, how did I get signed up as an attorney in the first place?" Chronos explains, "I signed you up about a day ago. Well, in my time it was about ten minutes ago, but still." Vesti replies, "Seriously? Couldn't have at least asked us first?" Chronos, without much inflection, answers, "Wow. I'd have expected you to be more grateful. I saved you about two hours worth of paperwork. It was an extremely dreadful procedure." Lauren replies, "Oh, good. That certainly makes all the difference." Chronos responds, "I'm going to pretend that you weren't being sarcastic there. Anyway, you three should probably get going. You only have about ten minutes left."

{{And yeah I know there's not really much left to do, but I'm not writing the entire pre-trial post too because I'd probably go insane.}}

Examine:
No more evidence!
Talk:
Chronos Krate
Defending Luigi
Move:
Toad Village
Present:
To Chronos Krate
What will you do?

Gettin' Old!

Spend 10 minutes lecturing Chronos on the value of NPCs and how they can be more than just "gullible" and can really add flavour and character to a campaign.

Then sigh with resignation and head to the courtroom.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

Spoiler: This can't end well.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Give Planetbox a sideways glance of unidentifiable meaning.

Before doing anything particulalry useful, Vesti decides to give the fourth wall a weird sideways glance. It is extremely bizarre, and leave everyone confused, especially me. Vesti then objects to Chronos's needlessly rude portrayal of NPCs. Chronos replies, "Is this really worth discussing right now?" Vesti replies, "Yes, it is!" Chronos simply sighs. Vesti continues, "You know, you're an NPC too! Are you saying that you're gullible yourself?" Chronos's eye twitches involunatily. Lauren continues, "I must agree with Vesti. You've honestly been extremely rude, and you seem to hold no regard for the feelings of others. I'd recommend you try to fix these issues in your personality." Chronos suddenly shouts, "Bye guys! See you later!" and then the universe abruptly moves on to the next scene.

Date: ??? Time: 0 minutes until trial. Location: Mushroom Kingdom Court, Courtroom No. 2

An elderly Toad presides over a bright, colorful courtroom. Several Toads sit in the gallery, discussing the events of the murder. Eventually, the discussion is quieted when the Judge, an elderly mustachioed Toad wearing a purple outfit with a brown mushroom cap thing, loudly slams his cane against the floor. He begins by saying, "Court is now in session for the trial of Luigi. Is the prosecution ready?" {{Author's Note: I couldn't think of any Mario songs that were good Trial themes rip}} The prosecutor responds, "Sure, I'm ready, 'Your Honor'" The Judge gives the prosecutor an annoyed glare, clearly dissapointed by his tone. He turns to the other bench, and asks, "Is the defense ready?" All eyes in court turn to the defense bench. There is currently no one at the defense bench. There is a brief moment of awkward silence, as those in the courtroom ponder what could have led to this moment. The judge remarks, "How did we miss the fact that the defense attorney wasn't here yet? Does anyone know where he is?" The bailiff remarks, "No one has seen the defense team yet. They must be late, for some reason." The prosecutor laughs, "I bet the defense attorney was too afraid to show his face here! BAHAHAHA! I bet they've already given up." The judge replies, "I have half a mind to think the same thing. But, as long as the defense attorney isn't present, I'm afraid we will have to delay this trial until a later date... If there are no objections, this court will hold a brief recess, and we will attempt to look for the defense team. If they are not found, we will-"

Suddenly, Vesti Gates, Lauren Tehra, and Toadette rush into the courtroom. They quickly take their places behind the defense bench. The judge shouts, "There you are! Do you have an excuse for your tardiness?!" Vesti explains, "Well, you see, we didn't actually know where the courtroom was." The judge replies, "How could a defense attorney not know the location of the courtroom?" Lauren interjects, "It's also worth noting that we came here from the Detention Center, and we only left about fifteen minutes ago." The judge replies, "The Detention Center?! That far? Well, I suppose that makes more sense! Still, I recommend you three be careful during this trial, because I'm already dissapointed in your work thus far." Toadette mumbles, "Oh, great. Because this wasn't going to be hard enough as is..." The Judge continues, "Anyway, I don't recognize two of you. What are your names?" Vesti explains, "My name is Vesti Gates, and this is Lauren Tehra. The two of us... just moved here. And I'm sure you know who Toadette is." The Judge replies, "Indeed I do. Since you are not from here, you probably wouldn't recognize me either. My name is Toadsworth, and I am this town's only judge." Lauren asks, "The only judge? What if you have two trials going on at the same time." Toadsworth explains, "We never have two trials running at the same time." Vesti asks, "Well, then why do you have multiple courtrooms?" Toadsworth gives the defense team an annoyed glare, and says, "Perhaps we should move on with the proceedings." The prosecutor interrupts, "Not so fast, shrimp, I haven't introduced myself yet." Toadsworth gives the prosecutor another dissaproving glare. Vesti finally gets a good look at him. The prosecutor is a rather rotund man, dressed in yellow clothes with purple overalls. He wears a yellow hat with the letter 'W' on it. "My name is Wario." Wario continues, "Wow, you guys must be pretty dumb if you needed three people to defend one guy. But from the way you look, I'm not that surprised." Toadsworth shouts, "Wario, I will not have you verbally abusing the defense team! Your entire career is hanging from a slim thread as it is!" Wario, unfazed, begins picking his nose. Toadsworth continues, "And could you PLEASE stop doing that during trials." Wario replies, "Whatever, pops. I've got plenty of jobs on the side, so I don't really care. Now, let's call in the witness, or whatever." Lauren softly mutters, "Of all the prosecutors for us to get stuck with..." {{Toadsworth added to Profiles}} {{Wario added to Profiles}}

After a few minutes, Captain Toad is escorted onto the stand. When he arrives, he looks around the room, and then notices Toadette. He shouts, "Wow, Toadette, you're actually defending Luigi! That's so cool!" Toadette replies, "I'm not actually defending him myself! I'm just the co-counsel!" Lauren explains, "Actually, I'm the co-counsel. To be honest, I have no idea what Toadette is doing here." Wario interrupts, "Hey, Admiral Toad, how about we skip the banter and move onto the actual testimony?" Captain Toad sighs, "Fine... What is it that you want me to testify about?" Wario replies, "Uhh... Talk about the facts of the case first. You know, the stuff we talked about earlier." Captain Toad replies, "Alright, fine."

Testimony: The Facts of the Case
Toad: The victim was discovered in the garden outside the castle.
Toad: We believe he was thrown out of the window at some point.
Toad: However, that wasn't what killed him.
Toad: There is evidence that Mario was killed with a fire flower.
Toad: However, we haven’t found the flower yet...
PRESS a statement or PRESENT evidence.

(I think Toad is being a little vague about parts of this testimony... Maybe I can get a little more information if I press a few statements... And right now, more informations is what I need...)

Prestige: 100%

Wiki Page on the Judge
Wiki Page on the Prosecutor

Last edited by Planetbox on Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sleeping is my life.

Press Statement 2. How can you be so sure that Mario was thrown out the window?

Press Statement 5. And you guys still haven't found the Fire Flower? Honestly, I'm a little disappointed in you.

Gettin' Old!

Throw the case out because the testimony didn't mention Luigi at all and therefore is not incriminating.

Also totally bribe Wario at a later point into throwing the case. That guys LOVES money and its not like we'll be around after to pay the debt.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

I was on a vacation, so I didn't have any time to update this, unfortunately. The schedule should be pretty much normal from now on though.

Spoiler: Back from the grave.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Press statements 2 and 4, also present a Fire Flower at 5.

Spindow wrote:
Press statement 1

Also, to sum up your actions, we're pressing every single statement except statement three. Oh boy.

Also, we don't have the Fire Flower, we just have information on the Fire Flower that's still missing. So presenting that at statement five wouldn't do anything.

Vesti shouts, "This testimony is worthless! None of it implicates my client at all." Wario replies, "Of course it doesn't! This testimony isn't about Luigi! I just said it would be about about the basic facts of the case, and the stuff about Luigi would come later. Geez, if want to defend your client, you could at least pay attention for a few seconds!" Toadsworth continues, "While I do not support Wario's delivery, I must agree with him. Mr. Gates, please return to the testimony." Vesti reflects, (Well... that went poorly...)

Press: Statement 1

Vesti shouts, "Can you PROVE that he was found in the garden?" Captain Toad seems somewhat annoyed by Vesti's question. He replies, "Well, we found the body in the garden sooo..." Vesti continues, "Can you PROVE that?" The room is completely silent for several seconds, until Captain Toad answers, "Well... we have two witnesses who saw the body land in the garden outside the castle." Lauren asks, "Who were those two witnesses?" Toad explains, "One of the Toad Guards patrolling outside at the same time, and Toadette, who was also in the field at the time." Vesti turns to Toadette and asks, "Wait, you're a witness to the crime?" Toadette answers, "Yeah, that's why I was in the detention center. I'm not testifying though, because I told the guards that I'd rather not." Toadsworth interrupts, "If the defense is done talking amongst themselves, let's return to the testimony."

Press: Statement 2

Vesti asks, "How you be certain that Mario was thrown out the window? Couldn't he have fallen off on his own?" Captain Toad replies, "Well... I suppose so, as unlikely as that is..." Wario objects, "Don't be ridiculous, Captain Shrimp. Don't you have evidence that Mario was pushed out the window?" Captain Toad replies, "Oh, right! We do! The victim's chest had a handprint on it. It was about the same size as Luigi's hand is, which led us to believe that he had been pushed out of the window." Wario responds, "Good job, you figured it out, now let's move on with the-" "Wait a minute," Lauren interrupts, "That can't be possible. Lifting fingerprints off of fabric is very difficult! How could you have done that so easily?" Wario replies, "Lifting fingerprints? What are you going on about? It was pretty easy to see." Captain Toad explains, "The handprint was made out of ash. It was just a hand-shaped black mark on Mario's clothes that was the same size as Luigi's handprint would be. It wasn't hard to miss." Lauren replies, "Oh. That certainly explains it." {{Handprint added to Evidence}}

Press: Statement 4

Vesti asks, "What evidence do you have that this fire flower is the murder weapon? It wasn't found at the scene of the crime, after all." Captain Toad explains, "When a fire flower hits something, it usually leaves behind a burn mark. They also usually leave ash on the hands of whoever fired them. We found three such burn marks at the scene. One was on Luigi's right glove, and the other two were on Mario's body. One of these marks was also on his right glove, and the final one was on his chest, just above the handprint." Wario explains, "It's kinda obvious what this means. The defendant tried to shoot poor old Mario with the fire flower, but Mario blocked it with his hand. He got ash on his glove as a result. Then Luigi shot Mario again, and that shot hit him in the chest. Then the poor guy died instantly. It must have been a very sad affair." Captain Toad continues, "That does seem like the only good explanation." Lauren interjects, "Actually, could you add that last statement to your testimony? Specifically, the one about the locations of the burn marks?" Captain Toad answers, "Sure, I guess so." Vesti turns to his co-counsel, and asks, "Lauren, why did you want that added to the testimony?" Lauren answers, "That idea is holding up the prosecution's entire case, and I think there might be something wrong with it." Vesti replies, "Hmm... Actually, I think I see what you mean. {{Burn Marks added to Evidence}} {{New statement added.}}

Press: Statement 5

Vesti replies, "You still haven't found the fire flower! Honestly, that's pretty dissapointing." Captain Toad looks a little sad. He responds, "B- But, we're doing the best we can! We've looked all over the castle, and even in places outside! But we haven't found it! For all we know, the killer could still have it with them!" Toadette interjects, "Vesti, don't be so mean to Captain Toad! He's trying as hard as he can!" Toadsworth remarks, "Vesti, I will not have you badgering the witness. Please be a less rash in the future." Vesti reflects, (...Hopefully I can survive this trial without everybody hating me...)

Testimony: The Facts of the Case
Toad: The victim was discovered in the garden outside the castle.
Toad: We believe he was thrown out of the window at some point.
Toad: However, that wasn't what killed him.
Toad: There is evidence that Mario was killed with a fire flower.
Toad: Luigi had a burn mark on his right hand, indicating that he fired the flower.
Toad: However, we haven’t found the flower yet...

(I think Toad is being a little vague about parts of this testimony... Maybe I can get a little more information if I press a few statements... And right now, more informations is what I need...)

Sleeping is my life.

Presents Unfinished Meal at statement 5 aka the recently added statement.

Actually, Luigi is left-handed as the unfinished meal proves this. If he supposedly uses the Fire Flower with his right hand, then how come the burn mark is on his left hand?

Gettin' Old!

Retort about how "who the murderer is" should totally be included in the "basic facts" of the case next time as I brutally mock Captain Toad's testimony.

THEN

Get the case thrown out as they don't have a murder weapon? Luigi could have got those burn prints any other number of ways. Electricity doesn't exist here so he could have scorched himself on a torch or something. He's got a history of being slippy and clumsy, it's not unfeasible.

OR...

I dunno...the meal plate thing seems like AN answer...but it's perfectly plausible to fire a weapon with your off-hand regardless of how handed you are and the evidence could still indicate that as the case. Also unless the evidence is wrong the burn mark is stated to be on Luigi's RIGHT hand.

So how about...

Consult with Toadette and Lauren about the Ash handprint on Mario's overalls: "So these fire flowers...they shoot right? Why would Luigi's handprint be burned into the overalls as if he touched or pushed him?" Also what hand is the print of? The thumb location should indicate that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

I'm just gonna answer some of this stuff now because I don't feel like including it in the next update.

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
Actually, Luigi is left-handed as the unfinished meal proves this. If he supposedly uses the Fire Flower with his right hand, then how come the burn mark is on his left hand?

If think you've got your hands switched there.

Pierre wrote:
Retort about how "who the murderer is" should totally be included in the "basic facts" of the case next time as I brutally mock Captain Toad's testimony.

Don't be so mean to Captain Toad's testimony. He's trying his best. :(

Pierre wrote:
Get the case thrown out as they don't have a murder weapon? Luigi could have got those burn prints any other number of ways. Electricity doesn't exist here so he could have scorched himself on a torch or something. He's got a history of being slippy and clumsy, it's not unfeasible.

Indeed, but the prosecution simply considers that the most plausible explanation.

Pierre wrote:
I dunno...the meal plate thing seems like AN answer...but it's perfectly plausible to fire a weapon with your off-hand regardless of how handed you are and the evidence could still indicate that as the case.

Sshh... That's the prosecutor's job.

Pierre wrote:
Consult with Toadette and Lauren about the Ash handprint on Mario's overalls: "So these fire flowers...they shoot right? Why would Luigi's handprint be burned into the overalls as if he touched or pushed him?" Also what hand is the print of? The thumb location should indicate that.

The idea is that when Luigi used the fire flower, the ash got on his hand, so if he pushed Mario, some of the ash would have been transferred onto Mario's clones. Speaking of which, the handprint is also of a right hand. I forgot to mention that.

Gettin' Old!

Appreciate it, sometimes it's nice to get immediate answers to questions.

Quote:
The idea is that when Luigi used the fire flower, the ash got on his hand, so if he pushed Mario, some of the ash would have been transferred onto Mario's clones. Speaking of which, the handprint is also of a right hand. I forgot to mention that.

Thanks that's helpful, I assumed it was the force of a fire flower blast that had knocked Mario out the Window.

Though it presents a new problem. If he was killed by the fire flower blast...then why did he need to be pushed out the window? Surely he'd do a starjump and fall off the screen drop to the ground dead from the blast. Why would there be a handprint as if he was pushed out standing up?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

Pierre wrote:
Though it presents a new problem. If he was killed by the fire flower blast...then why did he need to be pushed out the window? Surely he'd do a starjump and fall off the screen drop to the ground dead from the blast. Why would there be a handprint as if he was pushed out standing up?

Actually, "pushed" isn't the correct word. The idea is that Luigi picked up Mario and threw him out the window, for some reason. In that case, only one hand would leave a handprint. That means that the handprint probably shouldn't be facing up on Mario's body, but whatever.

I should probably rewrite some of these paragraphs to make this more clear, but I'm kinda too lazy.

Sleeping is my life.

I'm sure that Luigi is clearly left-handed as the evidence shows us. That and the fact that Luigi shown us his left hand, which obviously have a burn mark on it. There's no way that the burn mark can magically jumps from his left hand to his right hand.

Either Toad is confused about which of Luigi's hands have the burn mark or the evidence lied to us.

ASCEND

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
I'm sure that Luigi is clearly left-handed as the evidence shows us. That and the fact that Luigi shown us his left hand, which obviously have a burn mark on it. There's no way that the burn mark can magically jumps from his left hand to his right hand.

Either Toad is confused about which of Luigi's hands have the burn mark or the evidence lied to us.

...Crud. That burn mark was supposed to be on Luigi's right hand. It looks like I messed up while writing that update... I'll go fix that.

ASCEND

rip in double post

Spoiler: Hooray for first evidence presenty thing.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Unfinished meal at 4.
Did I do it right?

Spindow wrote:
Press the statement about why Luigi's burnt hand would prove he used the fire flower. If he implies anything regarding dominant hands whip an objection so hard at toadworth (A/N: lel toadworth) his head will spin.

The Unfinished Meal shows Luigi is a lefty.

I looked back on the first page a few seconds ago, and it turns out that the first "testimony" was actually labelled as Argument like in the Investigations games, but then I changed it to Testimony in the next update because I wasn't paying attention. Oops.

Present: Unfinished Meal: Statement 5

Vesti points directly at Captain Toad. Captain Toad looks a little flustered, "Uh... What is it? Did I mess up?" Vesti continues, "Not necessarilly. I'd just like to confirm something. Are you saying the burn mark on Luigi's right hand proves that he used the fire flower?" Captain Toad replies, "Well, yeah. If he had fired it, then it would have left a burn mark on that hand!" Vesti replies, "Indeed it would, but if you think about it, that doesn't really make sense. After all, why would Luigi have shot the fire flower using his non-dominant hand!" Captain Toad hesitates for a few seconds, and then replies, "...That's right! Luigi is left-handed!" Toadsworth interjects, "Is he? Do you have any proof that the defendant is left-handed?" Vesti explains, "We do. On the table in Mario's room was the meal that Mario and Luigi were going to eat together. Luigi tried to eat some of his meal, and he left his fork on the left side of his plate. If he was right-handed, it is far more likely that he would have left his fork on the right side of his plate! I'm sure there is other proof of Luigi's handedness elsewhere. However, this means that Luigi didn't use that fire flower, because if he did, the burn marks would be on his LEFT hand!" Captain Toad replies, "You're right. Maybe... Maybe that means Luigi didn't use the Fire Flower at all!"

Everyone in the courtroom looked around to see who had just shouted. Unsurprisingly, it was Wario, who dramatically yawned before continuing, "Really? Are you really just going to listen to whatever this guy says? Because honestly, he's being pretty dumb right now." Wario turns towards Vesti to directly address him. "So, V... uh... V... I can't actually remember your name. Wasn't it Vatty Goats, or something?" Most of the court's audience finds this somewhat funny, but Vesti and Lauren are significantly less amused. Vesti responds, "Uh... No... My name is Vesti Gates..." Wario replies, "Oh... Well, I'm just gonna call you Vatty Goats, because that's funnier." Lauren mumbles, "Are we in some kind of comedy routine right now?" Vesti replies, "I've always told you my life was some kind of Vaudeville act." Wario continues, "Anyway, why are you so convinced that Luigi couldn't have used that fire flower?" Vesti answers, "Well, he's left handed and-" Wario interjects, "Yeah, cool, I don't care. It's not like it's impossible to shoot a fire flower with your non-dominant hand. All you've gotta do is squeeze the stem a little bit. Even someone like Luigi could do it if he tried. In fact, it would make more sense if he used his right hand, because then he could use his dominant hand as an excuse like you did." Toadsworth says, "...I must admit, I have to agree with Wario. Which hand the burn mark was on doesn't really make a difference. Personally, I think we should move on and hear more testimony from our witness." Vesti replies, "...Oh, alright, fine." Toadette exclaims, "Well, that went poorly." Vesti replies, "Yeah, I could tell." Wario shouts, "Alright, now that that's settled, Captain Toad, could you tell us why you and the other guards decided to arrest Luigi." Captain Toad replies, "Oh, sure. We actually had several reasons..."

Testimony: Reason for Arrest
Toad: Luigi was the only one in the room when Mario was murdered.
Toad: Not only that, but the handprint proves Luigi threw Mario out the window.
Toad: Most importantly, Mario fell from the tower at around 12:30.
Toad: We know that Luigi left the room at 12:35...
Toad: ...so he would have been there when Mario was murdered.
Toad: Our suspicions were finally confirmed when we went to arrest Luigi.

(Honestly, Captain Toad isn't very good at giving evidence... He's being extremely vague. I should probably press him for more information...)

Gettin' Old!

Pound the desk and curse Wario's keen intellect on seeing through my argument's weakness.

Contemplate changing my name to "V" because that actually sounded pretty cool. Press the statement about the handprint.

Query with Lauren: Would Luigi be strong enough to throw Mario out the window with his non dominant hand?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

Press Statement 6. What were your suspicions about Luigi?

Press Statement 3 and 4. It's all about time, really.

ASCEND

But if you changed your name to V you'd need to get five more people whose names started with V too.

I was going to update this on Monday like usual, but then I bought Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and played that for about six hours. Whoops.

Spoiler: I have a feeling that this update will be extremely long.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Press statements 4 and 6

Spindow wrote:
I have to wonder now what luigi would've been doing for five minutes after allegedly killing mario out he window, you'd think somebody would have gone up there immediately, or at least somebody who just knocked a guy out a window would think so.

I want to press 2-4 something seems odd especially since we already have heard Mario took two shots before he went down apparently, not even going into why he had to be pushed out a window when he was murdered with a projectile weapon to begin with.

Treble Tech wrote:
I agree with Spindow. The window is the most obvious disconnect at the moment, we need to know more about that.

Vesti briefly turns to consult with Lauren. He asks, "Do you really think Luigi would have the strength to throw Mario out the window with his non-dominant hand?" Lauren replies, "Well, probably not... but he wouldn't necessarilly have to. If Mario was facing upward when he threw him, his right hand would be on his back, and his left hand would be resting on his chest. That way, he could throw him over the balcony without having to use his non-dominant hand, but still leave the handprint on his chest." Vesti responds, "Oh... right... I guess it could have been possible then..."

Press: Statement 2

Vesti asks, "Why did Luigi need to throw Mario out of the window in the first place?" Captain Toad replies, "What do you mean?" Vesti explains, "If Mario was already dead, there was no reason for Luigi to go to the trouble of throwing Mario out of the window." Captain Toad responds, "Hmm... I guess you're right..." Wario objects, "No, he isn't. The prosecution believes that Luigi was attempting to dispose of the body." Vesti replies, "But that would be pointless! It could potentially give him a fake alibi, but the body would have just landed on the ground where it could easily be recovered!" Wario responds, "Don't be ridiculous, Vatty. Haven't you seen the huge moat that goes all around the castle?" Vesti replies, "What? I didn't see a moat!" Wario continues, "Well, you must have not been paying enough attention, because it definitely exists." Next to you, Toadette exclaims, "He's right. There's a moat going all the way around the castle, and you get into the castle by crossing a bridge over it. It's actually more of a river though, because the water comes in through a river behidn the castle, and exits towards our village!" Vesti replies, "Oh. I must have missed it." Wario continues, "Alright, moving on from our defense teams poor eyesight, I believe that Luigi was attempting to throw Mario's body into the moat, hoping that it would be carried away from the castle by the river. However, he wasn't counting on the two witnesses in the field below. But I suppose it wouldn't have mattered, since he completely missed the stupid thing..." Lauren objects, "Are you really suggesting that Luigi had the ability to throw the body all the way across the moat?" Wario answers, "Of course not. I'm surprised he even cleared the window with how much of a wimp he is. However, Mario's room has a balcony that extends almost 3/4 of the way over the top of the moat. Considering he was in a rush to remove the evidence before witnesses showed up, he could have accidentally thrown it too far. The body wasn't found that far from the edge of the moat, after all." Lauren replies, "Hmm... I understand..." Toadsworth interjects, "Let's move on with the testimony."

Vesti asks, "How do you know Luigi left at such a specific time?" Captain Toad explains, "There was a Toad Guard standing in front of Princess Peach's room. He saw Luigi and the next witness leave the room at that time." Wario explained, "Before the defense starts asking more stupid questions, we'll hear more about that from the witness later." (I wasn't going to ask anything about that, but ok...) Toadworth asks, "Will we be hearing anything from this guard later on?" Wario explains, "No, we won't. I didn't think what he had to say was very important, so I just took his testimony in writing." Toadsworth answers, "Alright, I understand. I will now accept this testimony as evidence." {{Toad Guard's Testimony added to Evidence}} Lauren interjects, "Wait, that's an incredibly large time gap! Did no one go into the room after Mario fell into the field outside." Wario replies, "Now, now, let's not rush ahead. The witness entered the room immediately after the murder occured. I think Luigi and her spent five minutes arguing about Mario's murder. I believe the two of them were equally fond of wasting time. The guard also checked the room to make sure that Luigi wasn't trying to attack Peach as well, but I didn't really care about that. The witness dragged Luigi off to get arrested after that." Lauren continued, "Why didn't the Toad Guard arrest him?" Captain Toad explained, "Not all Toad Guards can make arrests. The guard also may not have wanted to leave his post." Lauren replies, "...Alright, I guess that explains it." Toadsworth replied, "Alright. Captain Toad, you may continue with your testimony. Again."

Press: Statement 6

Vesti asks, "What do you mean by 'your suspicions were confirmed'?" Captain Toad explains, "When we found Luigi and the princess in the lobby, he seemed extremely worried. As we approached him, two guards came into the castle from the courtyard. When Luigi saw them, he shoutes something along the lines of 'Is Mario ok? Did he survive that fall?'" Lauren asks, "What's so suspicious about that? That sounds more like something a worried brother would say, rather than the words of the actual murder." Wario explains, "Normally they would, but Mario's death was kept secret from the public. Only the actual witnesses could have known that he had been thrown out of the castle. It's clear to me that the defendant was just trying to act innocent so he wouldn't be arrested. Unfortunately for him, his trick didn't work." Vesti reflects, (I don't think that Luigi killed Mario... but this makes it clear that he may have witnessed the crime somehow...) {{Arrest Record added to Evidence}}

Toadsworth slams his gavel against his desk. The courthroom is filled with silence as everyone waits to hear what he says. Toadsworth explains, "I think that we have gathered all that we can from this cross-examination. Captain Toad, you are excused from the stand. Captain Toad replies, "Oh, alright! I hope my information was helpful!" The detective turns and exits the courtroom. After he leaves, Toadsworth continues, "I don't like to take sides early, but I'm afraid to say that Luigi is looking extremely guilty at the moment. However, I will not give my verdict until this case has been examined thorougly. Wario, are you ready to bring in your witness." Wario answered, "Sure, gramps. It's not going to change anything, but we might as well." Toadsworth responds, "...Good. You may bring in the witness."

After a few minutes, Princess Peach enters the room, still holding her parasol for some reason. She looks at the witness stand in annoyance, and then glares at a nearby toad guard. Getting the message, the guard retrieves a chair from by the entrance, and brings over to the witness stand. Peach sits on the chair, and starts twirling her parasol absentmindedly. Wario asks, "Witness, please state your name and occupation." Peach gives him a rather annoyed look. "Do you really have to ask? I'm this kingdom's ruler for heaven's sake!" Toadsworth replies, "I understand, but we must adhere to formalities." The look on his face suggests that he knew this would happen. Peach replies, "Don't be ridiculous, Toadsworth. You're my personal aide. You already know my name." Wario replies, "Well, if you won't do it, I suppose I'll have to." He flashes a cheesy fake grin and says, "I'm Princess Peach, and my job is to overtax Toads and always act like a stuck up-" Peach interrupts, "I'd recommend you avoid finishing that sentence, Wario. You've received enough warnings already." Lauren mutters, "Well, isn't this courtroom just one big, happy family?" Vesti remarks, "If we get through this cross-examination without being executed, I'll be very surprised." Princess Peach continues, "Alright, if we're done here, I'd like to begin my testi-"

Peach snaps, "What is it now?" Those in the court look around, trying to see who made the outburst. Toadsworth asks, "Who was that? Vesti, was that you?" Vesti replies, "Of course not! I wasn't going to add to that argument." "That was me, sir," a toad guard says as he rushes into the room, "I have a message for the defense attorney." He leaves an envelope on Vesti's desk, and then begins to leave. Vesti interjects, "What? I wasn't expecting any messages! What is this all about?" The toad guard explains, "I don't know myself, sir! Bowser gave it to me and told me to deliver it. I'm not sure how he got it into his cell, but I thoroughly checked it to make sure that it wasn't a trap." Toadsworth replies, "Bowser? You mean the beast that kidnapped the princess?" Peach turns towards the defense bench and shouts, "Don't tell me that you three are working with him?" Lauren replies, "Of course not. Neither of us have any idea what this is all about!" Toadsworth, seeeing the toad guard, leave the room, interjects, "That's enough! Peach, please testify. I don't know what is going on here either, but I doubt it is important to this incident at the moment." Peach replies, "...Fine. This is what I saw." (...I have no idea what this letter is... but I need to focus on the cross examination for now. I can take a look at it later. {{Mysterious Letter added to Evidence}}

Testimony: What I Saw
Peach: I was leaving the throne room to visit my bedroom.
Peach: As I walked toward Mario’s room, I saw Luigi come in from the right.
Peach: He was holding a rectangular object that was covered with a sheet!
Peach: It saw a little bit of yellow sticking out of the bottom of the sheet.
Peach: It must have been the ? Block!!
Peach: Luigi looked around, saw me, and then hurriedly entered Mario’s room.
Peach: I entered my room, which is to the left of Mario’s.

(If Luigi really isn't the killer, then something in this testimony must be wrong... I just need to find it!)

{{I was right}}

Sleeping is my life.

Presents the Picnic Basket at Statement 5.

Actually, Luigi was carrying the picnic basket when you saw him! The picnic basket found at the crime scene is yellow and rectangular. The ? Block is yellow and cube-shaped.

I wonder how the heck Peach mistaken the picnic basket for the ? block....

Gettin' Old!

Object on the grounds that ? Blocks turn grey and useless once used. Therefore Luigi leaving with a Yellow Block does not point to him having a murder weapon.

I reckon Wario must hate the tax rates, he's a huge miser and loves gold. Must hate giving it away. Then again he is a huge video game conglomerate as well so probably has tax havens outside the mushroom kingdom or something.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

Pierre wrote:
Object on the grounds that ? Blocks turn grey and useless once used. Therefore Luigi leaving with a Yellow Block does not point to him having a murder weapon.

He wasn't leaving the room he was entering the room. The block would have still been yellow.

Spoiler: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
No one else posted why what did I do wrong.

Present: Picnic Basket: Statement 5

Vesti asks, "How can you be certain that Luigi was carrying the ? Block?" Princess Peach replies, "What do you mean? There's nothing else it could have been! It was yellow, and it was square shaped. There was nothing else like that nearby!" Vesti explains, "Actually, there was. Sitting on the floor of Mario's room was THIS PICNIC BASKET!" Peach replies, "What? Why would he have been taking a picnic basket?" Vesti replies, "He was going to eat lunch with the victim, remember? He had to bring the food to Mario's room in something, right?" Princess Peach responds, "But that picnic basket isn't square! It's rectangular!" Vesti explains, "It is, but we should keep in mind which way Luigi would have been holding it. If he was holding it so that the shortest side was facing you, it would have been harder to tell that the picnic basket was rectangular!" Wario interrupts, "That's cool and all, I guess. But don't you need some proof or whatever?" Vesti explains, "Of course I do. In fact, I have some! Do you want to know what I found inside this picnic basket? I found a package of meat, a few eating utensils, ...and a white sheet." Peach recoils in shock. Vesti continues, "I think the princess understands what I'm getting at! The white sheet inside the basket was probably what Luigi used to cover it. And THAT is what the Princess saw!" Wario asks, "But that just seems dumb. Why would Luigi go to the trouble of covering up a stupid picnic basket?!" Vesti explains, "Simple. As you can see, the picnic basket doesn't actually have a lid. It is highly likely that Luigi was attempting to shield the basket's contents from the elements while he was outside. The sunlight or the wind could have damaged the contents inside!" Princess Peach slams a hand on the witness stand, clearly annoyed.

Toadsworth slams his gavel down a few times, in order to get the court's attention. After it has quieted down, he says, "I can understand the defenses reasoning, but it is still not convincing enough to overturn the prosecution's claims. However, since the prosecution nor the witness can prove that the defendant was taking the ? Block to Wario's room. I think it would be best if the witness testifies again." Peach hesistates for a moment, then replies, "Fine. What should I testify about now." Wario answers, "Testify about what happened after Luigi entered the victim's room. Especially what you heard."

Testimony: What I Heard
Peach: After I entered my room, I decided to read for a few minutes.
Peach: Eventually, I heard shouting from the other room!
Peach: The two of them were arguing about something.
Peach: I think I made out the word “photos” a few times...
Peach: Then, I heard Mario’s dreadful scream as he fell from window!
Peach: I ran to his room, and all I found there was Luigi, standing right next to the window!

(...I doubt I have anything that can disprove what she's saying about Luigi. However, their argument seems to be the root of this murder... and perhaps if I explain that I'll understand more about this case...)

Gettin' Old!

Muse with Lauren how we're really lucky that Peach hasn't already had Luigi executed since she's the ruling monarch.

Press her about the argument and "photos"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

Press Statement 3 and 4.

Press Statement 5. But, Mario died instantly after being hit in the chest by a fireball from the Fire Flower! How can he let out a scream as he fell out the window if he was already dead at the time?

ASCEND

Spoiler: What is even going on anymore.
Spindow wrote:
We still haven't even gotten a look at the photos in our evidence, but presenting them may only strengthen the prosecutions case.

Can we take a look at them first? time to examine the evidence.

Vesti reflects, (Perhaps this would be a good time to examine those photos in more detail...) He turns to Lauren and asks, "Can I see that envelope we found in Peach's room? I'd like to examine it in more detail!" Lauren replies, "Oh, right. Here you go." She pulls the file out of her evidence bag and hands them over. Vesti opens the folder and pulls out the folders. They seem to show a creature that was probably Bowser riding in a strange flying machine. He grabs Peach from a window with red curtains, stuffs her into the car, and then flies away. Vesti hands them back to Lauren and says, "Thanks. I'm sure those will be helpful." {{File of Photos updated in Evidence}}

Press: Statement 5

Vesti asks, "Are you saying that Mario screamed as he fell from the window." The princess replies, "Well, I guess so..." Vesti replies, "Really? Because from my understanding, Mario was killed instantly after getting him by the fireball. When he was thrown off the balcony, he was already dead! He couldn't have screamed at all!" Toadsworth mumbles, "Hmm... If the victim was able to scream as he fell from the balcony, he would still be alive. That could change the entire case..." The princess interjects, "Uhh... Actually... I sort of made that part up..." Vesti replies flatly, "What." Peach explains, "I mean, it just sounded a lot more exciting than 'he probably fell out of the window after that', right." Vesti shouts, "But that's still lying! Shouldn't we remove this witness for perjury!" Wario explains, "Sure, we could, but I don't think anyone here really cares." Vesti mumbles, "Alright, this is just getting ridiculous." Lauren turns to Vesti and explains, "It's clear that this dimension does not contain the same laws as ours does. We should probably just drop this issue..." Toadette says, "When you think about it, she could have us all arrested at any time. She'd even have the authority to have us executed." Vesti mumbles, "...I hate this place."

Vesti asks, "Could you elaborate on this argument that you heard?" Princess Peach explains, "Well, there really isn't much more that can be said! That was the only word I could make out, because it seemed to come up more than once. Pretty much everything else they said was too muffled." Vesti asks, "Could you ever make out who was saying what?" Peach replies, "No. They're voices sound really similar." Vesti responds, "Hmm... I think this argument is probably important. It's highly likely that the murder stemmed from whatever they were discussing!" Wario asks, "Are you saying that Luigi committed the murder over whatever it was they were arguing about?" Vesti explains, "Not necessarilly. We can't be certain that it was Luigi and Mario who were arguing in the room..." Toadsworth says, "Well then, what was it that you think the two were arguing about. If it as important to the case as you seem to think, perhaps it would be worth discussing." Vesti responds, "Oh, well, I don't actually know what they were arguing about..." Wario replies, "Nonsense. You brought it up! Surely you have the means of figuring it out! (Well... I guess I'm pretty much stuck now... The key word in the argument is "photos". With that in mind, it should be pretty obvious...)

The focus of the argument was... this!
PRESENT evidence.

{{Don't worry. Hopefully, everything will be a lot less obvious later.}}

Sleeping is my life.

Presents the File of Photos.

Gettin' Old!

Well pretty sure he nailed the answer...guess I'll do some conferring.

1: Consult with Lauren
So the photos show that Bowser is pulling Peach from a room with red curtains. I wonder how this is relevant, Mario's curtains are red with a white stripe but I guess with this being the princess getting kidnapped its probably her room.

Also interesting that Peach claimed she heard a scream, the arrest record showed Luigi asked whether Mario had survived the fall meaning he was alive when he went out the window...certainly would seem to indicate that she didn't make that part up about the scream. Though I don't think the judge is interested in anything else just now better just show them the photos for now.

2: Consult Toadette
What kind of flowers are those in your basket?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

Pierre wrote:
Well pretty sure he nailed the answer...guess I'll do some conferring.

1: Consult with Lauren
So the photos show that Bowser is pulling Peach from a room with red curtains. I wonder how this is relevant, Mario's curtains are red with a white stripe but I guess with this being the princess getting kidnapped its probably her room.

But according to the evidence.... Peach's window can't be opened. So, perhaps it was a different room. One that both have red curtains and a window that can be opened. And we know that it can't be Mario's room.

ASCEND

I was coming back from a trip so I didn't have time to do this yesterday. Whoops.

Also I'd do the talking to Lauren thing, but a lot of that stuff will be discussed soon so I don't really feel like it.

Spoiler: What in Tarnation!
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Present the File of Photos.

emperortoad wrote:
Punch Vesti in the face

Don't be silly! You cannot punch Vesti in the face, as you are currently playing as him. You could punch "yourself" in the face... Not that I'd suggest such an action...

Vesti turns to ask Toadette, "What kind of flowers are those? The ones in your basket?" Toadette looks into the basket and replies, "I'm not really sure. I think they're daisies or something. There's a huge field of flowers to the right of the castle, and I picked them all there on the day of the murder." Hearing this, Lauren asks, "Is that the field that Mario fell into?" Toadette answers, "It's the same area, but Mario fell into a field of crops. So no, it wasn't the exact same field."

Present: File of Photos

Vesti explains, "I think that it's obvious what the two were talking about! Princess, you overheard the word 'photos' several times, correct?" Peach replies, "Well, yeah. I mean, we already mentioned that several times..." In response, Vesti pulls out the envelope containing the three photographs. Vesti shouts, "I believe they were talking about these photos, which show the princess's kidnapping!" Peach recoils in shock. "What? I thought I hid... I mean... What do those have to do with anything?" Vesti explains, "These images were taken by Luigi, and used a evidence in the case of the princess's kidnapping. However, it is likely that the victim was discussing them with whoever murdered him. I think it's very likely that the current case stems directly from this kidnapping!" Wario responds, "That's cool and all, but what are we supposed to do about it?" Vesti contemplates the question for a second, and then explains, "I think... that we should have the princess testify about the kidnapping!"

Peach shouts, "What! You can't be serious!" Toadsworth interjects, "Sorry, Vesti, but I don't think that is a very good idea. We are currently investigating the murder of Mario, and Peach's kidnapping was closed a while ago." Peach continues, "Yeah! W-what he said!" Lauren explains, "Actually, I agree with Vesti here. In order to fully understand this case, we must examine it from all avenues. If Peach's kidnapping might have a role in this murder, it might be worth it to get at least one testimony about it." Toadsworth hesitates, but responds, "Hmmm... I understand what you mean... but I'm still not sure. Wario, what do you think..." Wario yawns dramatically. He mumbles, "Sure, why not? Sounds like it could be fun." Toadsworth says, "Well... If the prosecution agrees, then... Witness, please give some testimony on the events of your kidnapping." "What!" Peach shouts, "Your Honor, this is pointless! We are talking about the murder, not the kidnapping!" Toadsworth replies, "Princess, both the defense and the prosecution are in agreement on this. I would advise you to testify, at least once." Princess Peach twists her parasol in frustation, but eventually shouts, "Fine! But only once!"

Testimony: The Kidnapping
Peach: I was simply relaxing in my room…
Peach: ...when Bowser flew over in some kind of clown car!
Peach: When I noticed him, I opened the window…
Peach: ...and demanded to know what he was doing!
Peach: Then, he grabbed me, tied me up, and flew away with me!
Peach: Mario tried to stop him, but he was in the other room!
Peach: He couldn’t get here in time, and Bowser escaped!

(The contradiction here is pretty obvious... but what does it mean for this case?)

Page 5 of 22 [ 880 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus