Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 1 of 1[ 18 posts ]

Episode 17: "Reunion, and Tournabout - Last Trial"Topic%20Title

Master of sharp things!

This is a general discussion thread for the seventeenth episode of the Ace Attorney anime, "Reunion, and Turnabout - Last Trial".

Summary wrote:
As the trial reaches its conclusion, Phoenix must contend with Ini Miney and still prove Maya's innocence.

Re: Episode 17: "Reunion, and Tournabout - Last Trial"Topic%20Title

A Kirby and AA fan

That summary seems pretty spoilery to me. I don't get why the summary would mention something like that when it's something that comes up at the end of the episode. Sure, it's a bit vague, but still...

Anyway, the episode was alright. I actually think Phoenix arrived at the conclusion way too quickly.
"You acted out leaving the car from the left side, so you must actually be Mimi!"
Not even Layton has such leaps of logic

Morgan kind of went down without much of a fight. Phoenix accused her and Ini/Mimi testified about that... and Morgan just accepted it in silence

About the ending... How did Maya not realize how far the village is from the office? She traveled between the two places several times before! (Same goes for Phoenix)
Also, is it me or are Phoenix and Maya shipped harder by Pearl in the anime than in the games? Especially with Maya's blush every time

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I take back what I said in the last episdoe. Even with this episode being dedicated to the latter part of the trial it was still bare. If the whole trial was dedicated to one episode, it would be even thinner.

I do agree that Phoenix made a big leap on the case's big contradiction. The game set it up better, but the game had more time than this episode.

I did like Morgan in this episode. In the games, she makes no appearances aside from her foreshadowing at the end of this case. We never see how she handles the allegations of being an accomplice. Plus, Mimi mentioning how she was blackmailed into Morgan's plan shows how evil Morgan is.

Too bad they missed this scene, but I did like the encounter with Morgan and Mia. There wasn't a happy ending here.
Spoiler: Case end

And I am bothered by how incomplete Mia's cleavage is.

Hot Dog

I love the little details that the anime adds. Loved that scene when Mia can't even look at her aunt's face. Loved how they twisted Ini and Morgan's collaboration to make Morgan even more evil (If I recall correctly, in the game she didn't force Ini to collaborate with her).

I miss that reunion between Maya and Mia, though. I hope that they'll add it in the final case or something.

Overall, I think this case is the best adapted as of today. I'm looking forward to that circus case, maybe in the anime they can make it enjoyable.

Mia's cleavage...goodness gracious. Like you can finish drawing it? You just make a line and a huge mass of boob? It was quite unsettling.

That leap of logic was a bit much. Like if I hadn't of played the games I don't think I'd quite understand how they were getting to certain conclusions in this anime.

What's between the bread?

A pity they went with mime for being how Mimi was outed instead of something like a police report indicating what side the survivor emerged from. Also a bit bummed they cut Maya's reunion with Mia, but the more somber ending at the courthouse with Morgan and Mia worked pretty well. Some old problems of having to try to condense a complicated case that takes, what? Four hours to finish in game time? Down to roughly eighty minutes.

Pearl definitely comes across as a more aggressive shipper for Maya and Phoenix, but given the fact that characters have an easier time, you know, touching, that's really kind of to be expected. Stuff like that remains a major reason for the anime to exist really, since we get a better feel for the larger world and get better physical interactions with characters. Just a shame the actual gameplay parts basically always feel rushed.

Really disappointed it looks like we might not see Maggey Byrde in the anime. I really love her put-upon character and since Gumshoe's one of my favorite characters as well it would be nice to see his future love interest pop up. Eh, maybe they'll slip her in during one of the cases, have her working with Gummy.

A Kirby and AA fan

Oh, right! I forgot to mention the cleavage that was strangely one big mass. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was bothered by that

The missing reunion ending doesn't bother me too much since it was replaced with an equally good scene between Morgan and Mia. I also expected it to be gone because I think a few episodes back, Maya already commented on Pearl channeling Mia, so that scene was already 'addressed' by the anime

Dragongirl

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
This is a general discussion thread for the seventeenth episode of the Ace Attorney anime, "Reunion, and Turnabout - Last Trial".

Very sad episodes that was, I can probably say that to doing a fine job from it. You know what I mean?

Summary wrote:
As the trial reaches its conclusion, Phoenix must contend with Ini Miney and still prove Maya's innocence.

My name is Tayla 'Marie' Drago Hester, the number one Anime lover and supporter of all voice actors. Who also loves Ace Attorney things! :D

Ex Metu Veritas

I liked how we got more of a breakdown from the anime, the game always felt quite lacklustre in that regard.

What's between the bread?

RA Kaiparahbat wrote:
I liked how we got more of a breakdown from the anime, the game always felt quite lacklustre in that regard.

The killer in general was always a bit awkward, since it's only the second case in the game yet arguably one of the most complex characters and plots the games throw at the player. Really while I love 2-4 a lot (probably one of my favorite cases), 2-2 easily could have been the final case (adjusting for timeline changes and such of course), at least in terms of what was actually going on related to the murder and the multiple motivations at play.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Finally got around to watching the episode. I have to admit, this episode has done well building up foreshadowing of events in T&T. The final moments of trial and afterward with Morgan were a nice touch.

But, that's about it. Setting aside visual inconsistencies, logical leaps, and hyperactive shipping tendencies, what's left of this episode still doesn't have that much going for it. Even the gags are cut short before we viewers can truly appreciate them. It's like everyone has motormouth syndrome. My God, Oldbag's curse is becoming a pandemic!

I was also hoping Pearl would join them for a bit at the start of 2-3, but then again, she didn't have much to do anyway before she was sent home. I'm actually looking forward to how they handle Turnabout Big Top. They spent the best animated chunk of the opening dedicated to circus acts... and Nick. I await in anticipation how Max's big show will turn out.

I also wonder how they'll improve the investigative segments of this case. Since they're short on time, maybe the investigations won't feel so boring when they're bouncing between odd personality after another?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

A Kirby and AA fan

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Even the gags are cut short before we viewers can truly appreciate them.

Do you have specific examples?

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I haven't laughed at any jokes in the past several episodes; at most I just give a smirk out of nostalgia when they're taken from the games.

From this episode alone, all but one of the gags have revolved around Udgey being a total doormat to Franziska (as he's supposed to be, but there's not one moment anymore that he yells at Phoenix for some silly reason or mishears something and goes off on a tangent), and the only other one is when Nick steals Mia's lines.

I know it's supposed to be a less silly episode, and I can expect much more humor in the following case, but that's then. Even the pointless chase scene between Nick and Lotta was cut out because it'd take too much time, and the moment between Nick and Pearl meeting for the first time (as per the game) was rather repressed.

It's a shame, since there have legitimately been good gags thrown in before. Starting from the first episode, the bits with Larry were actually an improvement. Oldbag was even more menacing in court than before. Will smashing his head on the glass was solid. Honestly, the bit with Nick and Maya doing the same before was cute, though I couldn't care much for the cherry blossoms everywhere.

Still, fingers crossed for the circus. If they get the battle between man vs monkey done right, all will be forgiven.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Enoshima Junko-chan!

It was funny when Franziska also stole Mia's line.

The cape is self-fluttering

I was a bit surprised when Franziska actually whipped Morgan. Not that she doesn't whip women too, but she definitely didn't whip Morgan in the game (that I remember).

The facial impression Ini/Mimi makes into her hat is even creepier in the anime. I guess it works symbolically, what with all the talk of death and ghosts and spirits.

I liked Maya reacting to Morgan's crimes, and Mia looking disappointed as hell.

No comment on Mia's uniboob (although to be fair, a small percentage of people in the world do have a similar condition).

I always laugh about Pearl breaking the urn in the Winding Way. She makes Phoenix promise not to tell a soul, and he ends up dropping every detail during Ini's testimony. Yeah, I know he has to, but it's just funny to me.

lol @ Pearl pushing Maya into the train
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

The miracle never happen

-deleted-
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Last edited by Kessler on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A Kirby and AA fan

Jean Descole wrote:
No comment on Mia's uniboob (although to be fair, a small percentage of people in the world do have a similar condition).

But she didn't have it before, so unless she somehow developed it overnight...

The cape is self-fluttering

Nurio wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:

But she didn't have it before, so unless she somehow developed it overnight...

That's why I said "similar," since people generally do not develop such a thing overnight. :beef:
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo