Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 10 of 15[ 569 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 


Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Spoiler: Case 1
So, every AA game except for the first two have the killer involved later in the plot. Does guitar Jesus have any mention or connection to the later stories?

Yes, but a really light mention.
Spoiler: Case 5
He was a part of Inga's secret plans, being the one who stole the Holy Mother's treasure and passed it off to Inga, who in turn passed it off to an associate in the Japanese local government, who in turn passed it off to an archaeologist to study the legend behind it. Other than that, Guitar Jesus has no other role since his arrest.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

Spoiler: Case 5
So if Druk was in hiding, and was truly Rayfa's father, just when did Amara and Druk have time to conceive another child?! She's 11 years younger than Nahyuta, who was born before Amara went into hiding.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

Yash K. Productions wrote:
Spoiler: Case 5
So if Druk was in hiding, and was truly Rayfa's father, just when did Amara and Druk have time to conceive another child?! She's 11 years younger than Nahyuta, who was born before Amara went into hiding.

This can go two ways.
Spoiler:
1. They lied and told Rayfa she was their biological daughter so she wouldn't feel terrible about being related to a murderer and another murderer.

2. Amara (as Baaya) took walks outside of the palace grounds and met Druk at least once. They had fun.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Yash K. Productions wrote:
Spoiler: Case 5
So if Druk was in hiding, and was truly Rayfa's father, just when did Amara and Druk have time to conceive another child?! She's 11 years younger than Nahyuta, who was born before Amara went into hiding.

This can go two ways.
Spoiler:
1. They lied and told Rayfa she was their biological daughter so she wouldn't feel terrible about being related to a murderer and another murderer.

2. Amara (as Baaya) took walks outside of the palace grounds and met Druk at least once. They had fun.

Spoiler:
I thought she became Nayna AFTER Rayfa was born, though…

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2241

Yash K. Productions wrote:
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Yash K. Productions wrote:
Spoiler: Case 5
So if Druk was in hiding, and was truly Rayfa's father, just when did Amara and Druk have time to conceive another child?! She's 11 years younger than Nahyuta, who was born before Amara went into hiding.

This can go two ways.
Spoiler:
1. They lied and told Rayfa she was their biological daughter so she wouldn't feel terrible about being related to a murderer and another murderer.

2. Amara (as Baaya) took walks outside of the palace grounds and met Druk at least once. They had fun.

Spoiler:
I thought she became Nayna AFTER Rayfa was born, though…

It's explained in detail (well, not *all* detail*) in the case...
Spoiler:
Druk took Amara with him out of the palace 15 years ago, after her "death". Reifa was conceived during the time Amara was on the run with Druk.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

Ash wrote:
It's explained in detail (well, not *all* detail*) in the case...
Spoiler:
Druk took Amara with him out of the palace 15 years ago, after her "death". Reifa was conceived during the time Amara was on the run with Druk.

That's what confuses me more.
Spoiler: case 5
How long were they on the run together, and when did Amara become Baaya? The incident supposedly takes place 23 years ago, so were they on the run together for eight years? If so, how did Garan's troops find them and why did they not kill them then? Garan instead accepted Baaya as Rayfa's "nanny". Even if she didn't know then, she would have eventually found out who Baaya was, yes? Was she a lazy mom?

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6930

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Ash wrote:
It's explained in detail (well, not *all* detail*) in the case...
Spoiler:
Druk took Amara with him out of the palace 15 years ago, after her "death". Reifa was conceived during the time Amara was on the run with Druk.

That's what confuses me more.
Spoiler: case 5
How long were they on the run together, and when did Amara become Baaya? The incident supposedly takes place 23 years ago, so were they on the run together for eight years? If so, how did Garan's troops find them and why did they not kill them then? Garan instead accepted Baaya as Rayfa's "nanny". Even if she didn't know then, she would have eventually found out who Baaya was, yes? Was she a lazy mom?

Spoiler:
Amara was captured, was probably in captivity for 7 years, she was then busted out by Druk and were on the run long enough for Amara to get pregnant, give birth to Rayfa, and have the photo taken, and then Amara was recaptured. Garan then took on Rayfa as her own daughter, and allowed Amara to go out in public and stay near Rayfa as Baaya, since Garan knew Amara wouldn't do anything anymore now that she had her "hostage."

Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Posts: 1582

A couple of things:

1. I know you can supposedly turn hints on and off. Are these actual dialogue sequences (as in turning them off might make the player miss some dialogue) or does this option just turn off the consultation?

2. Does Kristoph Gavin appear/is he involved/related in any way to the events of the game?

3. Is the prologue anime that was shown off anywhere in the game? I assume not, since based on how people are speaking it isn't included, but wanted to check.

Please don't give me any spoilers of any kind, just yes/no (#1 is more complicated than that but please just the technical details and no story spoilers please). Thanks!
"I don't call it money anymore, I call it Fuel Units"
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

Spoiler:
1. Just the consultations.
2. No.
3. I'm not sure.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!


Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Posts: 1582

Thanks a lot! (Also, you may want to spoiler-tag #2.)
"I don't call it money anymore, I call it Fuel Units"
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6930

Pretty sure the answer to 3 is no. I went through the entire game and didn't see it, so...
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2241

It's not in the game. I think that was like the second thing they said when they released that prologue in Japan. 1) Hey, we have an anime prologue online now! Go watch it! and 2) And it's not in the game!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title

Jolly, Wrighto! Care to go swimming?

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:56 am

Posts: 33

Do we even have a localized anime prologue at all?
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2241

See this topic. It appears it exists and has already been shown, but it has not been made available online.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wotter boy

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Possibly Earth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am

Posts: 803

Spoiler: Case 2
Image
Is this where Shinoyama works? Nidomi Television? Or is this a completely different place?



Last edited by FenrirDarkWolf on Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Spoiler: Case 2
Image Is this where Shinoyama works? Nidomi Television? Or is this a completely different place?


Wouldn't that be considered a spoiler? Can you mark it as such?
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!


Last edited by Apollo4Justice on Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gardevoir lover

Gender: Male

Location: Puerto rico

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 am

Posts: 2022

We all know it's going to happen anyway.

It's not that important.
Image

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Spoiler: case 2
Image
Is this where Shinoyama works? Nidomi Television? Or is this a completely different place?

Spoiler or not, it's safer to tag it. And to answer said question, yes. It's a quick investigation spot, but not much of importance to the overall case.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Mia Payne

Gender: Male

Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am

Posts: 1353

Question about the side story DLC, does Klavier air guitar at all?
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

No, but at least he still snaps.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Mia Payne

Gender: Male

Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am

Posts: 1353

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
No, but at least he still snaps.


That's just stupid, it's like taking Franziska'a whip animation or Manfred's finger wag
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

Speaking of which, does he ever slam the wall?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wotter boy

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Possibly Earth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am

Posts: 803

From what I saw, he has the same animations he had in DD. So normal, leaning, snapping and objecting.
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

The miracle never happen

Gender: Male

Location: The Twilight Realm

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Posts: 182

I'm sure this was asked before, but I couldn't be bothered going through the 10 page spoilerfest that is this topic to check, so I got a simple question:
Are there any unannounced returning characters? I mean from any of the previous games, I just would like a yes or no answer, thanks.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

Kessler wrote:
I'm sure this was asked before, but I couldn't be bothered going through the 10 page spoilerfest that is this topic to check, so I got a simple question:
Are there any unannounced returning characters? I mean from any of the previous games, I just would like a yes or no answer, thanks.

No, but some have had much less advertising than others.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wotter boy

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Possibly Earth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am

Posts: 803

I know Illegal of Fate plays at least once in this game..
Spoiler: Case 5
after Amara was shot during the trial.

But does it play anywhere else in the game?
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
I know Illegal of Fate plays at least once in this game..
Spoiler: Case 5
after Amara was shot during the trial.

But does it play anywhere else in the game?

Spoiler: case 5
When Apollo almost drowns.

I don't think any of the other cases use it; not crisis-worthy enough, I guess.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1636

I think (without having played it through) that SoJ has a lot of other explosive or dramatic event-music that they use instead of Illegal of Fate to make it more unique.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
I know Illegal of Fate plays at least once in this game..
Spoiler: Case 5
after Amara was shot during the trial.

But does it play anywhere else in the game?

Spoiler: Case 5
When Garan's guards aim their rifles at Phoenix, Apollo, and Nahyuta.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title

Objection!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:51 am

Posts: 56

Got a couple of questions;

  • Is there a Thought Route in Case 1?
  • Just a yes or a no, no elaboration: Does Mia appear or is she mentioned?
  • Ditto: Does Pearl appear or is she mentioned?
  • Generally, is it obvious who actually committed the crime (excluding Case 1, obviously)? I felt that in AA5, apart from the final reveal/boss, the true culprit was oftentimes quite easy to guess.
  • Just a yes or a no, no elaboration: Is there only one Séance per case?
  • Is perceiving in the game?
  • Are psyche-locks in the game? If yes, can you always just immediately get past them as soon as they pop up, like in AA5? Or can they even span through multiple days, like in the trilogy?

No story spoilers of any kind, please. Thanks a bunch!
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title

I'm too lazy to ever change my username.

Gender: Male

Location: Germanifornia

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:25 pm

Posts: 22

ThePaSch wrote:
Got a couple of questions;

  • Is there a Thought Route in Case 1?
  • Just a yes or a no, no elaboration: Does Mia appear or is she mentioned?
  • Ditto: Does Pearl appear or is she mentioned?
  • Generally, is it obvious who actually committed the crime (excluding Case 1, obviously)? I felt that in AA5, apart from the final reveal/boss, the true culprit was oftentimes quite easy to guess.
  • Just a yes or a no, no elaboration: Is there only one Séance per case?
  • Is perceiving in the game?
  • Are psyche-locks in the game? If yes, can you always just immediately get past them as soon as they pop up, like in AA5? Or can they even span through multiple days, like in the trilogy?

No story spoilers of any kind, please. Thanks a bunch!

Spoiler:
  • Nope, it appears, as far as I know, for the first time in case 2.
  • At least I haven't heard of it, but I haven't played the game myself yet.
  • She appears once in the main game and once in Phoenix' non-canon pre-order DLC. In the main game she has no real role, she's just there, in the DLC she has a role in the "plot". (If you can call that plot)
  • I have no idea how obvious the culprits in Cade 4 and 5 are, but I guessed the culprits in Case 2 and 3 before the game came out, and in the normal canon DLC it is also quite obvious. But in those cases (especially in Case 3) most of the twists come from the question "How and why did this happen?".
  • Some cases are in Japanifornia, so no Divination Séances in some cases, but as far as I know, in Khura'in, there is at least one case that has not exactly one, but more of them.
  • Yes, as far as I know it's even more often used than in Dual Destinies.
  • There are a few psyche-locks in the game (with emphasis on "a few") but you can as far as I know, always immediately solve them.
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

JGLP wrote:
ThePaSch wrote:
Got a couple of questions;

  • Is there a Thought Route in Case 1?
  • Just a yes or a no, no elaboration: Does Mia appear or is she mentioned?
  • Ditto: Does Pearl appear or is she mentioned?
  • Generally, is it obvious who actually committed the crime (excluding Case 1, obviously)? I felt that in AA5, apart from the final reveal/boss, the true culprit was oftentimes quite easy to guess.
  • Just a yes or a no, no elaboration: Is there only one Séance per case?
  • Is perceiving in the game?
  • Are psyche-locks in the game? If yes, can you always just immediately get past them as soon as they pop up, like in AA5? Or can they even span through multiple days, like in the trilogy?

No story spoilers of any kind, please. Thanks a bunch!

Spoiler:
  • Nope, it appears, as far as I know, for the first time in case 2.
  • At least I haven't heard of it, but I haven't played the game myself yet.
  • She appears once in the main game and once in Phoenix' non-canon pre-order DLC. In the main game she has no real role, she's just there, in the DLC she has a role in the "plot". (If you can call that plot)
  • I have no idea how obvious the culprits in Cade 4 and 5 are, but I guessed the culprits in Case 2 and 3 before the game came out, and in the normal canon DLC it is also quite obvious. But in those cases (especially in Case 3) most of the twists come from the question "How and why did this happen?".
  • Some cases are in Japanifornia, so no Divination Séances in some cases, but as far as I know, in Khura'in, there is at least one case that has not exactly one, but more of them.
  • Yes, as far as I know it's even more often used than in Dual Destinies.
  • There are a few psyche-locks in the game (with emphasis on "a few") but you can as far as I know, always immediately solve them.

Having played the game, I can elaborate.
Spoiler:
Mia neither appears nor is mentioned at all.

Aside from case 1, none of the other culprits are shown, but case 2 easily alludes to the culprit. Case 3 is a bit more open-ended, though it may become obvious by the second day. Case 4 and 5, excluding the civil trial, are much less obvious, as there are several suspects to consider. The civil trial, meanwhile, makes sure you know who the bad guy is. The DLC case may be a bit obvious, given the limited suspects list. I wasn't surprised to find out whodunit in any of the cases, though the biggest twists aren't usually the identity of the culprits.

Cases 3 and 5 in Khura'in have more than one Seance each. Rayfa voices her text and dances for each one, but thank goodness for the skip button.

And just for the record, there are no "culprits" to either of the DLC shorts, but the one cross-examination in each are pretty complex since they keep having to be updated.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1636

How many worthwhile dialogue exchanges are there when you examine optional stuff? Any fun inside jokes or conversations about a subject related to circumstantial props during investigations?
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

linkenski wrote:
How many worthwhile dialogue exchanges are there when you examine optional stuff? Any fun inside jokes or conversations about a subject related to circumstantial props during investigations?

Lots.

It feels like an AA game when free investigation is back! There are some places, namely in the last case, where the investigation is restricted (as in, you can still visit the place, but Phoenix doesn't say anything interesting) due to story-related reasons, but the rest are open. And of course, there are the very silly and out-of-place options to choose in court; a few more in investigations.

If you're asking about ladders and stepladders, unfortunately there are only ladders to examine in this game, so there's none of the "It's a ladder!" "No, it's a stepladder." arguments. There is a reference to it in case 3, though. Meanwhile, another conversation shifted to talking about "It's a plane." "No, I'm pretty sure it's a bird."
Spoiler: case 5
Druk: Apollo, you need to stop and look at the bigger picture.
Apollo: (Bigger picture or not, I'm definitely sure it's a bird.)

It reminds me of a helicopter/plane hybird, though. I'm keeping that typo.


It's not to say the main story doesn't have its great moments either, so take your pick.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title

Jolly, Wrighto! Care to go swimming?

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:56 am

Posts: 33

Anyone know if theres an option in game to turn off the captions for the cut scenes? I want to be able to turn those off when the English version releases.
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

Main menu options. Turn them on or off at any time you can save and access it.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Posts: 1582

I remember hearing that there are text speed options. I noticed in the demo the speed was about the same as Dual Destinies. Are there text speed options and can you make it faster/closer to the DS games' text speed?
"I don't call it money anymore, I call it Fuel Units"
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6930

IIRC you can't set the speed itself, but there's an option to turn on quick-scroll even when you haven't seen the textbox before.
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Posts: 1582

Bad Player wrote:
IIRC you can't set the speed itself, but there's an option to turn on quick-scroll even when you haven't seen the textbox before.


Wow, that's disappointing. Not the game's fault, as I guess I misinterpreted it back when they showed off the options during the Maya reveal but I'd still been banking on that before. Doesn't DD already let you do that though if you press B? On the other hand, if it lets me turn that OFF then it might be good too because I tend to get impatient during DD and just press the button to make the whole box appear, but if it forced me to deal with it then that would be fine too. I always feel divided between waiting for it to show up naturally and just skipping it to get to if faster hahaha.

Thanks for the response!
"I don't call it money anymore, I call it Fuel Units"
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1636

Yeah, as per default the game is set to auto-play when holding B like in DGS this time as opposed to text-skipping in DD, but for those wanting it the other way, they can flip the switch in options. which is nice.

...Still wish I could enable a "skip all anime scenes" button though. Coherence of plot be damned xD I just find myself taken out of the moment any time an anime scene appears because you can still feel how they were created seperately from the coherence of the ingame text with characters asking obvious stuff for exposition and such

Spoiler:
Like when Ema meets up with Nahyuta before the first trial in case 2, and it's like "Soooo, are you ready, PROSECUTOR NAHYUTA?" and you're like "oooh, so this guy's name is Nahyuta and he's a prosecutor!"

This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Page 10 of 15 [ 569 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO