Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 37 posts ]

AA6 DLC Costumes Announced + Free for 1st Week!Topic%20Title

Comeback King

So the DLC costumes for AA6 were announced in a tweet by AceAttorney, and they are going to be free for the first week!

Link to evidence:

https://twitter.com/aceattorneygame/sta ... 9359452160
Re: AA6 DLC Costumes Announced + Free for 1st Week!Topic%20Title

Comeback King

Anyone else getting kind of worried at the lack of DLC case announcement?

My wishful thinking came up with some reasons not to worry (much). The release date itself was announced not so long ago and DLC costumes were announced even later. This might mean that DLC case may be announced through a similar short video on Twitter 1-2 days before the release. Or, if we suggest that DLC cases can only be announced a couple of months before the release, this might just mean Turnabout Across Time will be released later (counting from the main game release date) than Turnabout Reclaimed was. And if there is a reason not to localize it even though the main game is localized, I can't see one. Do lower sales in Japan indicate anything on that matter?

By the way, in case someone is wondering and nobody has brought this up yet, this time the DLC case is contained within main episode menu (I watched Japanese footage of episode selecting process), so the lack of "Special Episode" menu in the eShop menu screenshot does not really mean anything.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

The only reason I could think why they might not localize the DLC case is because it's not a necessary purchase - the 5 main cases of GS6 are all included in the main game, so players will all pay for and play those cases by buying the game. The DLC case is optional, so I guess in theory if people bought the game but nobody bought the DLC case they'd be spending time and money on localizing something that wasn't selling enough to make it worth it. That's what I'm a little worried about.

Then again, I would have thought they would have made a Capcom-Unity post about the costumes rather than putting the announcement into a small twitter video that probably most people won't bother watching, so at this point I don't feel trying to bring my sense of logic into predicting how they'll announce everything helps because Capcom USA and I are on different wavelengths.

In some ways the twitter announcement makes me more hopeful about the DLC case - the fact that they didn't post a blog post on Capcom Unity might mean they're saving the "long version" of the costume announcement for a blog post talking about DLC in general - including the DLC case.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Ultimate Survivor

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Then again, I would have thought they would have made a Capcom-Unity post about the costumes rather than putting the announcement into a small twitter video that probably most people won't bother watching, so at this point I don't feel trying to bring my sense of logic into predicting how they'll announce everything helps because Capcom USA and I are on different wavelengths.

Yeah, I've pretty much given up on trying to decipher Capcom's marketing strategy in this regard. They're obviously tied to a tight announcement schedule so it's probably no use trying to read between the lines; plus, we're so close to launch date that we're likely to learn more soon enough. And as disheartening as it is to not have an official confirmation yet, I can't imagine they'd localize the whole game and not bring over the DLC case...
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

Monkey with a gun

ForgottenLegend wrote:
Anyone else getting kind of worried at the lack of DLC case announcement?

I was actually surprised it wasn't announced in the Nintendo Direct

They wouldn't skip on localizing it would they?

It's bad enough we are clearly not getting the mini cases, but the main DLC would be a shame and hopefully that isn't the case

Seasoned Animator

We should be getting the final trailer soon, right?

We did for Dual Destinies, why not with SOJ?
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

Comeback King

ApolloGrimoire wrote:

For Dual Destinies, we got the final trailer on Launch day. So, unfortunately, we'll probably have to wait 'till
Launch day again. (Even though that is completely illogical, in marketing terms.)

Seasoned Animator

Double checked and you're right.

(Seriously Capcom, you're doing better, we just had a Nintendo Direct, that was the perfect time to show it.)

Blah!

ForgottenLegend wrote:
ApolloGrimoire wrote:

For Dual Destinies, we got the final trailer on Launch day. So, unfortunately, we'll probably have to wait 'till
Launch day again. (Even though that is completely illogical, in marketing terms.)

I wouldn't call it completely illogical if you're going by mobile game marketing standards. Mobile games are known to appear out of nowhere because that market is so fast that if you announce a game months ahead, most people who might be interested will not remember it when it actually does release.

Of course, this is different for console games, since they aren't as fast paced, but maybe they're trying a hybrid approach for Ace Attorney: announce the game ahead of time and trickle out some PR, but don't drum up a lot of general public interest (that is, people who aren't big fans like us) until it's out.

Not making a big deal of it at a Nintendo Direct so close to release does seem questionable though. Maybe they have some historical number crunching reason to not make a big announcement there?

blahmoomoo wrote:
ForgottenLegend wrote:
ApolloGrimoire wrote:

I wouldn't call it completely illogical if you're going by mobile game marketing standards. Mobile games are known to appear out of nowhere because that market is so fast that if you announce a game months ahead, most people who might be interested will not remember it when it actually does release.

Of course, this is different for console games, since they aren't as fast paced, but maybe they're trying a hybrid approach for Ace Attorney: announce the game ahead of time and trickle out some PR, but don't drum up a lot of general public interest (that is, people who aren't big fans like us) until it's out.

Not making a big deal of it at a Nintendo Direct so close to release does seem questionable though. Maybe they have some historical number crunching reason to not make a big announcement there?

This actually makes sense considering in some ways AA could succeed in a similar way to how some mobile games do.

At this point I'm guessing we'll not hear about the DLC case (if it does get localized) after the game comes out - hopefully a week or so. Like I've said before, the only reason I'm skeptical of getting the DLC case is just because I'm not sure how many people who bought DD were "long-time" users who were still interested/following AA news when 5-S was released a month later than DD.

I think I'm going to go ask about if its possible to determine if the case is coming in the questions thread, but maybe we'll get some clue by the DLC menu? Ash answered my question over there - there was no indication on the menu before the case was released in Japan. So we won't know if it will come out or not until they announce it.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Seasoned Animator

The DLC case will get localised.

5-S was when Phoenix got his badge back. Here, 6-S fanservice so they have to release it.

ApolloGrimoire wrote:

5-S was when Phoenix got his badge back. Here, 6-S fanservice so they have to release it.

Perhaps I'm making a mistake comparing the release of SoJ with the release of DD.

I do believe there is a good chance that a good amount of DD's sales were from more casual players who didn't end up buying the DLC. Remember, the DLC was released a month after DD was. If this did happen (we have no way of knowing) I worry that Capcom might expect this again and chose to not localize it.

However, DD generate a lot of interest in the general gaming scene just because of the hype of the return of the main AA series. I don't think this game has that same level of interest, meaning that the majority of fans are likely hard-core fans who keep up with news, what's going on in Japan, etc. If that's the case, they may be assured that the majority of SoJ buyers will also buy the DLC.

Personally, I think they should release the DLC sooner this time, just to make sure people find out about it while they are still keeping up with AA news. I know that I dropped off of keeping up with AA news for a while after DD came out, especially after there was no localization announcement when DGS first started showing up. So I think they need to announce it really soon after to catch as many people as possible. Most people likely complete an AA game within the span of a couple of weeks anyway so it would make sense to announce it soon.

Maybe they are concerned that if they announce the case to be paid (which in all likelihood it will be) fans will boycott the game or something so they are waiting until the majority of the costumers purchase the game to announce it. Hopefully people wouldn't do that; I think paying for the DLC case is more than fair especially since we have a cheaper price on the game.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they promote the DLC case after release. They've been doing more dubbing for this game than for DD, including the prologue and the voiced countdowns, and while it's still a stretch, I would be happy to see them release a dubbed version of the Special Court skit. It'd be a great way to market the game even after its release.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Athena Internet Defense Force

ApolloGrimoire wrote:

I will say I'd be butthurt if they didn't offer it for free for a period like they did in Japan.

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Just in case the DLC case isn't localized, does anyone know of someone currently subbing the case in English on Youtube or is making plans to do so? I'm willing to watch the case being played, if I have to.
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Beauty and grace.

Holy shit, is there no news on the mini-DLC cases? I'm honestly gonna be salty if they skip over them entirely because I really wanted to see Klavier back in action.

scarlet-flowers wrote:
Holy shit, is there no news on the mini-DLC cases? I'm honestly gonna be salty if they skip over them entirely because I really wanted to see Klavier back in action.

According to Bolt Storm's post about SoJ's release, English names for the big DLC case and the mini ones were found in the SoJ demo so that's a much bigger indicator that they are coming out. I'm pretty relieved. While I honestly don't care that much about the mini ones I really wanted the big one and the mini ones look fun too.

When are the costumes gonna be released?

HunterxHunter wrote:

As far I'm aware, they're released now, right? I think you have to buy them from inside the "DLC" section of the game, though. I don't personally have the game yet so I'll have to wait until tonight to see but I remember that's how it was with DD.

I just tried getting the costumes but no luck.

First started up the game. No option for DLC on the title screen. So I start a New Game. Saved. Went back to Title Screen. DLC and Extras menu now appears. Anime Cutscenes and Illustrations locked, sure. Go to View DLC.

The 3DS preparation screen appears and tells me not to remove SD card. Loading finishes and I'm back at the DLC and Extras menu. After some more clicking and preparation screens it's the same thing.

D.A. McCoy wrote:
HunterxHunter wrote:

As far I'm aware, they're released now, right? I think you have to buy them from inside the "DLC" section of the game, though. I don't personally have the game yet so I'll have to wait until tonight to see but I remember that's how it was with DD.

I tried when i downloaded it, but when it would load up, it booted me back to the main screen.

HunterxHunter wrote:
D.A. McCoy wrote:
HunterxHunter wrote:

I tried when i downloaded it, but when it would load up, it booted me back to the main screen.

That's bizarre. That sounds more like a technical glitch than unavailability. I'll try it out tonight when I'm able to download it and see if I have the same problem. If anyone else has any info about it that might help too, although since I'm not seeing any discussion about it that makes me think it isn't an issue for most people. Could it be something in your internet settings?

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I dunno. I had the same issue when trying to get to the DLC. I'm curious if this is happening to everyone or only a select few.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
I dunno. I had the same issue when trying to get to the DLC. I'm curious if this is happening to everyone or only a select few.

Hopefully it's just a technical glitch due to it being released today.

The cape is self-fluttering

Do you have to beat the game first, or is it fully accessible once a file is saved?
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

I just downloaded it, and I had a couple of weird issues.

First, the eShop crashed on my when I tried to buy it.

Then, when I purchased it, it gave me a message that I might need to get a bigger SD card, even though I had 10,000 blocks free. The only thing I can think of is that once you reach a certain point (for me it seemed to be 3,000 blocks of free space) then it starts to warn you that you're running out of space.

Only thing I worry about is that since I got my 3DS back in 2011, the system would take a second after booting up to load all of the stuff from the SD card up. The other day I accidentally shut off my DS when it was in this pause, and it shut off without the usual "return to the home screen" screen. It seems fine, but I worry a little bit that I corrupted data. I guess we'll see if its a problem, but I'm sure I've done this before and I've never had a problem so I don't know.

I haven't started the game yet and it seems I can't look at the DLC menu until I start so I'll try that out a little later.

Jean Descole wrote:
Do you have to beat the game first, or is it fully accessible once a file is saved?

I haven't tried it yet but I assume it's after a file is saved. Considering the mini episodes were pre-order content I figure they'd be playable soon after starting.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I think the glitch is fixed: I just got the DLC costumes!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

D.A. McCoy wrote:
I just downloaded it, and I had a couple of weird issues.

First, the eShop crashed on my when I tried to buy it.

Then, when I purchased it, it gave me a message that I might need to get a bigger SD card, even though I had 10,000 blocks free. The only thing I can think of is that once you reach a certain point (for me it seemed to be 3,000 blocks of free space) then it starts to warn you that you're running out of space.

Only thing I worry about is that since I got my 3DS back in 2011, the system would take a second after booting up to load all of the stuff from the SD card up. The other day I accidentally shut off my DS when it was in this pause, and it shut off without the usual "return to the home screen" screen. It seems fine, but I worry a little bit that I corrupted data. I guess we'll see if its a problem, but I'm sure I've done this before and I've never had a problem so I don't know.

I haven't started the game yet and it seems I can't look at the DLC menu until I start so I'll try that out a little later.

Jean Descole wrote:

I haven't tried it yet but I assume it's after a file is saved. Considering the mini episodes were pre-order content I figure they'd be playable soon after starting.

I guess it was a technical glitch after all. Just tried it now, and the dlc shop actually opened up. Gonna try to download it now

Edit: Don't need to beat the game to use the costumes. Im equipping them now.

The cape is self-fluttering

Yes, I see. Managed to get the costumes myself as well, and I wasn't even done with case 1.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Any news on whether we'll get the Sengoku Basara costumes?

TheDoctor wrote:
Any news on whether we'll get the Sengoku Basara costumes?

They've announced all the other DLC all at once, so I'm assuming they won't be releasing them. According to wikipedia, though, most of the Sengoku Basara games were released in the West, so it seems like it would have been easy money for them to release them.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

That would suck, if that's the case. I wasn't horribly thrilled with the costume options in this one outside of those.

I only managed to start the game today, but it seems like I have to pay for DLC...? It's weird because technically it hasn't been a week yet. I did see the new/mini case though....
Feel free to reply.
Or not.
Thanks though!

Blah!

Asursrus wrote:
I only managed to start the game today, but it seems like I have to pay for DLC...? It's weird because technically it hasn't been a week yet. I did see the new/mini case though....

The game came out last Thursday, and today is the following Thursday. They made it explicit on their Twitter that yesterday was the final chance to get the costumes, and since the first bonus case is up (one of the every Thursday releases), you're too late.

Damm I forgot about time zones. Oh well, I'll just buy the dlc cases.
Feel free to reply.
Or not.
Thanks though!

QBnoYouko wrote:
I just tried getting the costumes but no luck.

First started up the game. No option for DLC on the title screen. So I start a New Game. Saved. Went back to Title Screen. DLC and Extras menu now appears. Anime Cutscenes and Illustrations locked, sure. Go to View DLC.

The 3DS preparation screen appears and tells me not to remove SD card. Loading finishes and I'm back at the DLC and Extras menu. After some more clicking and preparation screens it's the same thing.

I got the same problem have you found a fix?
Page 1 of 1 [ 37 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes