Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 40 posts ]

AA6 DLC Cases to be released one at a time (every Thursday)Topic%20Title

Nerd Processor

This was already mentioned by Warchild in the launch day thread here but this seemed important enough to need a separate announcement.

According to Nintendo Everything the DLC cases (the two mini-cases and the full length episode one), along with two 3DS themes will be released over the next few weeks. Schedule and pricing are apparently as follows:-

15th September - Phoenix Wright: Asinine Attorney + 3DS Theme (£3.59/$3.99/3.99euros)
22nd September - Apollo Justice: Asinine Attorney + 3DS Theme (£3.59/$3.99/3.99euros)
29th September - Turnabout Time Traveler (£5.39 /$5.99/5.99 euros)

News source: http://nintendoeverything.com/phoenix-w ... the-month/ :phoenix:
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

Last edited by Nerdowl on Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: AA6 DLC Cases to be released one at a time (every ThursdTopic%20Title

The miracle never happen

I thought turnabout time travel cost $5.99, £5.39, and €5.99, that's what it says on the website right?
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

The cape is self-fluttering

Goodness gracious. Well, I'm glad I stocked up on some prepaid cards.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I think those are all valid prices (although I think part of why they included the themes with the mini episodes was to help justify $4 each).

I know some fans might be upset that we don't get them free like they did in Japan, but on the other hand we got the game for $15-$20 cheaper than they did, and the DLC altogether costs $14, so it works itself out as far as I'm concerned.

Also, the status of the franchise is less certain in the west than in Japan so I'm ok paying a little more to ensure that the game still makes money in hopes that someday GS7 or DGS or GK3 or whatever is localized.

Either way, good to know they are all being released! Unlike with DD - where the case came in the middle of the game - since the DLC case takes place after the main game it will be a nice treat to get a fun, 1-5 style case a couple weeks after release.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Nerd Processor

Kessler wrote:
I thought turnabout time travel cost $5.99, £5.39, and €5.99, that's what it says on the website right?

Whoops, sorry yes. Corrected. :bellboy:

What did he do this time...?

Hmmmm... $4 seems like a lot for each mini-episode, especially considering the fact that Japan got them for free if they pre-ordered the game. Could anyone tell me how long Phoenix Wright & Apollo Justice: Asinine Attorney are?
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Nerd Processor

Danchat wrote:
Hmmmm... $4 seems like a lot for each mini-episode, especially considering the fact that Japan got them for free if they pre-ordered the game. Could anyone tell me how long Phoenix Wright & Apollo Justice: Asinine Attorney are?

It's not just a mini episode you're getting for that price but a 3DS Theme as well... but unfortunately I can't answer your question about length. Hopefully someone else can.

Ace Lurker

D.A. McCoy wrote:
I know some fans might be upset that we don't get them free like they did in Japan, but on the other hand we got the game for $15-$20 cheaper than they did, and the DLC altogether costs $14, so it works itself out as far as I'm concerned.

Also, the status of the franchise is less certain in the west than in Japan so I'm ok paying a little more to ensure that the game still makes money in hopes that someday GS7 or DGS or GK3 or whatever is localized.

I don't buy any of that.

The reason the game costs more in Japan is because every game costs more in Japan. It's a difference in regional markets. Average cost of living is different and thus average wages are higher or lower depending on the region. In places like Japan and many European regions, they can get away with charging more than they do in the US because people on average make more money over there. Of course there are other variables like regional taxes, licensing costs, demand, distribution costs, etc., but that's the big one. So charging us the Japanese price for a game is overcharging us, especially for a digital-only release.

As for supporting the franchise in the west, I think I'll believe that when I see it. I've supported every western AA release thus far (yes, even the awful iOS trilogy), but Capcom USA continues to focus only on the core AA games and discards other superb games in the series like AAI2 and DGS. I do completely understand this move if the sales for the series are declining overall, but it's annoying to keep hearing "Buy this, buy everything! Pay whatever they ask! we must ensure the series' survival!" That sets a bad precedent for them to start placing premium pricing on AA games just because they know the desperate western fans will eat it up.

If these were $1 to $2 each, particularly for the mini cases, I'd be more okay with it. But the fact that Japan got these for free is really irksome. They should've given early adopters a discount at least.

Surf's Up!

Weekly DLC releases? I'm fine with that, I guess...

Nerdowl wrote:
15th September - Phoenix Wright: Asinine Attorney
22nd September - Apollo Justice: Asinine Attorney

No Athena Cykes: Asinine Attorney? :sadshoe:

Last edited by NinjaMonkey on Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What is my liiiife?!?

On a side note, I love the name 'Asinine Attorney' for the mini-episodes.

Monkey with a gun

Wait we are actually getting the Mini cases?

Oh boy ^_^

>Asinine

11/10 naming capcom

Shugo wrote:
D.A. McCoy wrote:

I don't buy any of that.

The reason the game costs more in Japan is because every game costs more in Japan. It's a difference in regional markets. Average cost of living is different and thus average wages are higher or lower depending on the region. In places like Japan and many European regions, they can get away with charging more than they do in the US because people on average make more money over there. Of course there are other variables like regional taxes, licensing costs, demand, distribution costs, etc., but that's the big one. So charging us the Japanese price for a game is overcharging us, especially for a digital-only release.

As for supporting the franchise in the west, I think I'll believe that when I see it. I've supported every western AA release thus far (yes, even the awful iOS trilogy), but Capcom USA continues to focus only on the core AA games and discards other superb games in the series like AAI2 and DGS. I do completely understand this move if the sales for the series are declining overall, but it's annoying to keep hearing "Buy this, buy everything! Pay whatever they ask! we must ensure the series' survival!" That sets a bad precedent for them to start placing premium pricing on AA games just because they know the desperate western fans will eat it up.

If these were $1 to $2 each, particularly for the mini cases, I'd be more okay with it. But the fact that Japan got these for free is really irksome. They should've given early adopters a discount at least.

That is a good point about differences in regional markets. But even looking at the majority of US 3DS game sales, they are $40. Digital releases of 3DS games don't usually have a discount from the retail versions, either. So looking at it from that perspective, then we're only paying $4 more for the DLC which in my opinion is still completely reasonable.

Also, I wasn't telling everyone they should buy everything because its the only way to keep the series alive. I was stating that in my personal opinion the price is fair, and that I feel fine paying for the cases because I worry about long-term viability of the franchise. I'm not suggesting everyone should have that opinion, but I personally feel fine with paying for the case. Perhaps it's because I was half-convinced we weren't going to get it at all.

Of course, some might feel that the discount already is warranted because the game is digital-only and thus should be discounted since we're not getting a physical release. While I don't share that opinion, I can understand it and in that case then it doesn't really sound like a deal.

Regarding the mini-dlc cases, I'm guessing they threw the themes in there to justify the $4 price tag. However, if you aren't planning on buying the themes already then I can see how this is overcharging for what you're getting. Personally I was going to buy AA themes anyway so I don't mind but I also don't really care that much about the mini-dlc in the first place so I don't have strong feelings one way or the other.

My point is that I was never saying others should feel this way, but it is how I feel. I agree though that maybe a discount for early buyers would have been a good idea. I believe that's how DD's DLC was handled in Japan.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Monkey with a gun

Wait hold on, it's DLC but it gives you the theme as well?

So you can only get the themes if you own the game? Or you think we'll get the themes seperate too?

Hotdiddykong wrote:
Wait hold on, it's DLC but it gives you the theme as well?

So you can only get the themes if you own the game? Or you think we'll get the themes seperate too?

From what I've looked at on the eShop today, there will be 4 SoJ themes total. (Three of them were included as pre-order bonuses for specific retailers in Japan)

Two of them are on the theme shop right now for $1.99 - One is what I'd call the "Main Theme", which has the character art for the major characters of SoJ. It's similar to the AA Trilogy and DD Main Character themes. The second theme is an Athena themed pixel art theme, which has pixel-ized versions of Athena and the Themis Academy from DD.

There are two more themes that will be released: Phoenix Pixel Art and Apollo Pixel Art, and these are the ones bundled with the Asinine Attorney episodes. I presume this is the only way to get these. If you're interested in getting the themes as well as the episodes, then the $3.99 Price Tag isn't bad as you're paying the normal amount of $2 for the theme and $2 for the Episodes, but if you couldn't care less about the themes then the episode prices are kind of steep.

You can see photos of the Japanese versions of the pixel art themes here in this post from March I read the article through and I don't think there are any spoilers, but if you're worried about it be wary as I might have missed something.

Beauty and grace.

Yeah, I don't give a shit about the themes, so I feel ripped off with the DLC. I'm still going to buy them though, since I desperately miss Klavier.

Athena Internet Defense Force

NOT FREE, GET MAD.

Art Person

Thanks for the freebies CAPCOM! I knew you'd give us the same deal as Japa....

wait...

A Kirby and AA fan

I'm also interested in the length of these mini episodes. The name kind of implies it's not worth 4 euros. (And yes, I know about it being bundled with the theme, but I also don't really care about the theme.)

Jolly, Wrighto! Care to go swimming?

IMO, I wish people stop complaining that theyre not free. Be happy we're getting them AT ALL

Racing through the sky like a Missile

This thread has more salt than Edgeworth has of ripoffs of his favorite kids' show theme.

I'm not surprised at Capcom US for the non-free DLC, but it's a different company than the JP one. What's interesting is how they bundled the themes with the DLC shorts.

As someone who's played them, the shorts aren't worth $4, but I can see it as $2-3. But when we're dealing with single digit differences, it's hard to really get upset over.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

The DLC……is………not…………free……………?

………Nnngh…

NNNNNGGGGHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!

It's time for a revolution!!!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

迷探偵

Shugo wrote:
I don't buy any of that.

Of course games are (relatively) more expensive in Japan compared to a lot of other countries. But *even then* GS6 sold for a price that was in the high price segment (3DS games usually go for somewhere between 4000 yen ~ 6500 yen, GS6 was in the top segment).

And you need to take this together with the fact Japan has a very lively used games market, as well as the fact that historically, the Ace Attorney games have *always* been bad at retaining value for longer period in Japan. You can find them cheap relatively soon after release in any second hand store (of which they are A LOT in Japan). If you look on Amazon now, you'll see that the price for a new copy has gone down a lot, and used it's even less than 3000 yen now.

So using early purchase/timed free bonuses helps stimulating people buy the games at the higher price point. This makes less sense in markets where the DL versions of games are usually cheaper anyway, and where there's no used games market (for eShop DL versions) or volatile price changes.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

RedPotato wrote:
IMO, I wish people stop complaining that theyre not free. Be happy we're getting them AT ALL

Sorry, but as I see it that's not for you to call. I think Capcom should have thrown us some bone for not making it physical in the English markets, especially considering we're just asking for regional equality.

Leader of SCWRM Comms

SuperAj3 wrote:

wait...

Are they even still available in Japan as dlc still though? If. I recall correctly while being free, the short story cases were only available for sale limited time, if not outright exclusive to pre-orders/early purchase.

JovahexeonAceVexeon wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:

wait...

Are they even still available in Japan as dlc still though? If. I recall correctly while being free, the short story cases were only available for sale limited time, if not outright exclusive to pre-orders/early purchase.

Yeah i was going to ask about that, IIRC they were exclusive to pre-orders only, i don't remember it being available outside of that, if this is true, then we actually have something over the japanese region , in that we can get these mini episodes AT ANY TIME

Leader of SCWRM Comms

Further on the point, did the Japanese also get the 3DS themes bundled with any dlc or the mini cases like we are as well?

Nerd Processor

SuperAj3 wrote:

wait...

They were early-order bonuses - so were only available for the first week on download version (and for however long the physical versions with the code to get them remained in stock).

Quoted from another thread:

Ash wrote:
Apollo4Justice wrote:
Can you explain to me how "early purchase" is any different than "pre-order"? I don't get it. Do you mean "the week of the release" early purchase?

A pre-order is when you place a reservation for a product before it is released, right? Real pre-order bonuses are bonuses you only get if you make an actual pre-order.

Early purchase/limited availability bonuses are bonuses that are (usually) included with the first shipment of a game. So you don't need to pre-order the game to be able to get them, you only need to be in time to get them. This applies to the bonuses in AA6 (in Japan). For the physical copies, a DL code for the two Turnabout Theater skits is included in the first shipment of the game. For digital copies, it was included for all copies bought through the eShop until one week after the release date. So even on the eShop, you didn't need to preorder the game to actually get it. Even with the physical copies, it was quite probable you'd find a copy with the DL code inside if you went to the store early.

Some people appear to be wondering whether you actually needed to pre-order the game to get the bonuses (for AA6). That is not the case. And if they are going to publish those skits in the localized version, it is quite possible they'll do it the same way they did it in Japan (with the digital copies).

Practically speaking, pre-order and Early purchase/limited availability bonuses often work the same. There's a limited supply, so in order to be sure you get your hands on it, you pre-order it. But there's a distinction, because there are also true pre-order bonuses, which means you only get them if you actually pre-order the product (i.e. these bonuses are only offered to customers who make a reservation for a product before a certain deadline, before the release date). These are more rare, but they do exist.

Further on the point, did the Japanese also get the 3DS themes bundled with any dlc or the mini cases like we are as well?

Not as far as I've heard, but don't quote me on that one. :bellboy:

Racing through the sky like a Missile

As far as I recall, the themes were available free at select shops in Japan for the early weeks, but I don't remember when they stopped distributing them. In any case, they're still avail for download, but it's extra cost.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

That one super-uncooperative witness

It's kind of a me thing, but even if I'm one of the people who buys it day one I would much rather have content that's always available at a price than content that's free but mandates preordering. I understand the mentality behind preorder bonuses, but it always feels to me like it's punishing people for taking interest in a game or series too late. I mean, man, if people wanna throw money at you for something, let them do it!

For closer equivalency to Japan I suppose they could have made them free first-week like they did with the costumes, but the fact we're not getting a physical copy and the lower popularity of the franchise in the West means that they'd likely get far less of a return incentivizing people to buy the game early through first-week free DLC - after all, the main purpose of preorder incentives like this is to encourage physical copy preorders so that more sales will be directed towards preorder/first-week figures at full retail price before the market value on physical copies decreases. (That is to say, to encourage people to pay full retail price on a game rather than to wait for the price to drop $20 before jumping.) For a digital-only title, where the price is fixed bar the event of sales, the labor to return ratio is far lower.

I'm a bit lost. Are the costumes included in each piece of dlc or are they already in the game (if we bought it in the first week)?

The quote from the site mentioned in the first post said

Quote:
"If you buy the game during the first week, you can receive a free character costume pack featuring Furio Tigre for Phoenix, a school uniform for Apollo, and a Trés Bien waitress costume for Athena. "

Blah!

adit2789 wrote:
I'm a bit lost. Are the costumes included in each piece of dlc or are they already in the game (if we bought it in the first week)?

Quote:
"If you buy the game during the first week, you can receive a free character costume pack featuring Furio Tigre for Phoenix, a school uniform for Apollo, and a Trés Bien waitress costume for Athena. "

The costumes are not downloaded automatically.

After you save the game for the first time, return to the title screen and the extras & DLC menu will appear. There should be a shop option in there, and you will find the costume pack for free in there (at least, until the middle of next week, then it'll probably cost something). It requires an extra 43 blocks.

blahmoomoo wrote:
adit2789 wrote:

Quote:

The costumes are not downloaded automatically.

After you save the game for the first time, return to the title screen and the extras & DLC menu will appear. There should be a shop option in there, and you will find the costume pack for free in there (at least, until the middle of next week, then it'll probably cost something). It requires an extra 43 blocks.

Thank you. I tend to be a sucker for DLC, so i was kinda bummed out that I couldn't find it in the eshop

Did I eff up? I bought the two SoJ themes currently on offer in the Theme Shop because I had a little extra money to burn after topping up in anticipation of the DLC arriving. Those aren't the themes that are coming packaged with the DLC, are they?

迷探偵

Probably not. The themes packed with the Phoenix/Apollo short cases are probably the Phoenix and Apollo ones at the end of this page.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ash wrote:
Probably not. The themes packed with the Phoenix/Apollo short cases are probably the Phoenix and Apollo ones at the end of this page.

Oooh...I saw those in the artbook. I recgonized the Athena one from the artbook when I bought it but I figured that was the only one they turned into a theme (I liked that one the best since the Themis cast is a ton of fun). It didn't even occur to me that the other two were also themes.

Beauty and grace.

Has there been any suggestion of the Sengoku Basara DLC costumes coming over as well? I literally see no reasons for them to not do so considering it would be effortless.

Blah!

scarlet-flowers wrote:
Has there been any suggestion of the Sengoku Basara DLC costumes coming over as well? I literally see no reasons for them to not do so considering it would be effortless.

It may not quite be so effortless, depending on how Capcom USA licenses things from Capcom JP. If they need to do additional paperwork and/or pay an extra fee because Sengoku Basara is a different IP, then it wouldn't be so effortless.

Beauty and grace.

blahmoomoo wrote:
scarlet-flowers wrote:

It may not quite be so effortless, depending on how Capcom USA licenses things from Capcom JP. If they need to do additional paperwork and/or pay an extra fee because Sengoku Basara is a different IP, then it wouldn't be so effortless.

True but I mean... it'd still be easy to bring over.

Wotter boy

we get this oh god, we also get Klavier's cringy DD English voice
...Oh well, still getting it :P

Nerd Processor

Just bought Phoenix Wright: Asinine Attorney, xDD

Anyway yeah this appears to have gone up on time on the UK store so hopefully it's available for everyone.

(Note: After purchasing, the button to download the included 3DS theme shows up on the episode selection screen for the mini case (which itself only appears once you've beaten case one judging by the note that was displayed before purchasing))
Page 1 of 1 [ 40 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes