Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 1[ 2 posts ]

My thoughts on the game! (Full Game Spoilers!)Topic%20Title

OBJECTION!

First, let me say that I have been a huge fan of this series and this website for a long time! Though I don't post on here too often, I really am a huge fan. This is the first Ace Attorney game in quite a while that I have done a good job of avoiding spoilers for, so basically I did not see any major spoilers prior to playing the game. So here are my thoughts
Spoiler: Case 1
I feel like this case took way too long to really start. It probably wasn't until about an hour and a half into the game that I was at where the demo left off. I get that they really needed to set the scene, but I just wish that they could have made it a little more interactive than it was. However once I made it past that point, I can say that it got much better. It isn't the best first case in the series and it was super predictably (which is too be expected), but it was enjoyable.

Spoiler: Case 2
I was really looking forward to this case for 2 reasons. First, I thought that I was going to enjoy the trials back in the US way more than the trials in Khura'in. Second, I am a huge fan of magic and know a lot of the secrets behind tricks. I can't remember exactly when, but I definitely caught on to Bonny and Betty's secret way before the reveal, because I noticed that Ema took the time during her explanation about fingerprints to say that twins have different ones. I don't know if it was supposed to be, but I thought it was kind of obvious that Retinz was Mr. Reus early on. It didn't make sense for Mr. Reus to still be so young and it showed why he hated magicians so much. I also really liked how Apollo and Athena overheard Retinz and Betty in the underground stage area. It definitely made me think that they were in on it together and overhearing them like that was something that we had never seen in the series before. I will say that my one disappointment with this case was that it didn't have two days of trials, but it still worked really well the way it is.

Spoiler: Case 3
This case was very surprising to me. Before playing the game I thought I was going to hate Rayfa, but investigating with her was a lot of fun. I love how the series always wants to introduce new action heroes and thought that it was really funny that the Plumed Punisher was a foreign Steel Samurai rip off. The actual case was really surprising too! I spent the whole first day of the trial thinking that it was going to be Puhray because we never saw him on the first day or possibly Beh'leeb. When Puhray showed up dead, I was totally thinking that it was Beh'leeb. Not once did I even think of suicide being a possibility. Cross examining Tahrust while he was being channeled was awesome! Don't get me started on that scene with Beh'leeb using the magatama to send Tahrust's spirit out of Maya's body . . . it was soooo sad, definitely the saddest part of the game

Spoiler: Case 4
I know that a lot of people really don't like the "filler" cases that much (for some reason that I can't understand), but I personally love them! This case is no exception. Its fun to play as Athena and it was nice to see Blackquill. The whole mood of this case just felt the most like the original trilogy to me out of all the cases. Geiru was a pretty good kind of crazy/kind of tragic villian. Again, I thought she was a pretty predictable villain. The biggest shock to me had to have been Uendo. The mood matix has never been my favorite mechanic of the series, but I really liked how it proved that Uendo had dissociative identity disorder. I loved everything about his character, especially the reveal of Owen.

Spoiler: Case 5
One of the biggest mysteries for me is why this case wasn't split into to separate cases, but the Cosmic Turnabout and The Turnabout for Tomorrow were. Anyway, the first murder kind of had me split on whether or not a liked it. Similar to the first case, it just felt like it took forever to get going. I think it spent way too much time in the cave with Apollo and Dhurke, but once I made it through that point I liked it a lot more. It was very interesting to see a civil trial in the Ace Attorney Universe (though it did end up turning into a murder trial) Going up against Phoenix was a good twist, but I was left wondering if they couldn't have come up with anything better than Maya being kidnapped like in Farewell My Turnabout. Paul Atishon did surprise me though. I thought he was just going to be one of those annoying witnesses. I never really thought that he was going to turn out to be the killer.

I don't know where to begin for the second murder. I guess first I wanna say that I was happy that Inga was the victim. I thought he was super annoying when we saw him earlier in the game. I can't really say that Ga'ran really surprised me as the culprit, but she did surprise me when she said she was going to prosecute the case. When I saw Nayna early on in the game, she did kind of strike me as character that would have a larger role in the final case. However, I never thought that she was going to turn out to be Amara. I was also pretty suprised that Dhurke was killed. Similar to Bridge to Turnabout, this case handled spirit channeling amazingly. I like how they both tricked us by not knowing who was who all the time. It was very well written

I kind of think that it would have been much more interesting if the killer had turned out to be Amara instead of Ga'ran. Like wouldn't have been a much better twist? Ga'ran had just had a pretty evil makeover that probably made everyone playing the game think it was all going to end up being her (if they hadn't already thought that). Amara looked so much nicer, but honestly seemed a lot scarier (especially her damage animation). Maybe Ga'ran could have been responsible for the assassination attempt, but Amara still could have been responsible for Inga's murder? I don't know why but I just think it would have been a lot cooler.

Spoiler: Other Things I didn't mention
I'm kind of neutral on Nahyuta. I feel like at this point, we've seen so many rivals that I didn't really feel like he stood out that much from the others. I thought I wasn't going to like the Spirit Divination Seances or Khura'in, but they turned out to be pretty cool. I'm not sure if I would want to see them again in the future games of the series, but they worked pretty well in this game. Datz was probably the one Khura'in character that I would like to see again the most. I wonder if Apollo is going to play a large role in the future games or not. I could really see it going either way, but wouldn't be too upset if we don't see him as a regular character anymore.

All in all, this game was amazing. I don't think that there were really any cases that I did not like and the overall story was really enticing. The new characters were much better than Dual Destinies. I'm really excited to play the DLC case and will probably leave my thoughts on it here once its released! I'm sure that there are a lot of things that forgot to mention, so I might update this post if I think of anything, but please let me know what your thoughts are on the things that I've said.
Re: My thoughts on the game! (Full Game Spoilers!)Topic%20Title

迷探偵

ApollozJustice wrote:
Spoiler: Case 5
One of the biggest mysteries for me is why this case wasn't split into to separate cases, but the Cosmic Turnabout and The Turnabout for Tomorrow were. Anyway, the first murder kind of had me split on whether or not a liked it. Similar to the first case, it just felt like it took forever to get going. I think it spent way too much time in the cave with Apollo and Dhurke, but once I made it through that point I liked it a lot more. It was very interesting to see a civil trial in the Ace Attorney Universe (though it did end up turning into a murder trial)

Spoiler:
As for why the first part feels long, and why it's not split in two cases: it's actually because of the same reason. The whole first half is necessary to set-up the reveal that the person you've spent a whole day with was already dead all that time. You need to spend a certain amount of time (real time) for that to really work.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)