Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 1[ 35 posts ]

Things to notice for a second playthrough (Spoilers)Topic%20Title

迷探偵

The developers have mentioned that they left a lot of things for people to notice on a second playthrough, that help flesh out the plots or get a totally different meaning in hindsight. What are some of the things you noticed?

- Episode 2: The existence of the twins is telegraphed way in advance. They are designed so you'd expect them to be like April May (so just one person with extreme mood swings), but if you look in the dressing room, you'll notice that the twins actually have two items of everything they have, including a white and a black bunny.

- Episode 3: You'll notice the priest actually has the golden orb that is the key to the hideout placed next to the TV. The old Purloined Letter trick.

- Episode 5: In Episode 1 and 3, you'll notice that Inga never actually memorizes Phoenix by his face. He always refers to his hair/clothes, as seen in his memo.

- Episode 5: In Episode 3, Phoenix noticed the extra set of Druk's clothes in the old office. In Episode 5, Dats also mentions they have spare eyepatches. This is probably where Maya got dressed as Druk after channeling him. The set Garan wore when she killed Garan was taken from Druk's body, which had been hidden in the tomb by Inga earlier, as proven in the trial. The clean set of clothes 'disappears' from the story after Amara stops channeling Druk (probably hiding it somewhere).

- Episode 5: When the gang runs up to the tomb after Inga's body is found, Maya says she was saved by Druk. This is simply the truth, even if it refers to an event that happens days earlier. Because of that, neither Nick's Magatama and Apollo's wristband react to her. The same happens with Apollo when he shows the broach to Druk: Druk says he bought the thing, and that's the truth (he never said he owned it).

- Episode 5: You'll find a can of I Am Biyoin / Je suis L'Belle black hair dye in Inga's private rooms. They first speculate that Inga may have used it himself, but it was actually used by Amara: both Inga and Druk have long, black hair (Inga has it tied to hsi back), so Amara needed to dye her hair black. The fact that haircolor stays the same was already mentioned in Episode 3 (so that was a hint to Episode 5, together with the fact that a woman will change physique when she channels a man).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Last edited by Ash on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Things to notice for a second playthrough (Spoilers)Topic%20Title

Ash wrote:

- Episode 2: The existence of the twins is telegraphed way in advance. They are designed so you'd expect them to be like April May (so just one person with extreme mood swings), but if you look in the dressing room, you'll notice that the twins actually have two items of everything they have, including a white and a black bunny.

Oh yeah, there is also the covered cage which most likely contained the bat.

I actually noticed most of the stuff the first time, but didn't draw any connection.
E.g. I wondered why I couldn't examine the golden orb, but once it was missing I thought the new item was the more important one.
Also thought Inga was just a "I am way to important to remember scrubs like Phoenix" guy.

迷探偵

Yeah, I meant the meaning of a lot of these things only become clear once you know the real context. With Inga's condition, it could still work as a hint (in fact, I sorta suspected something like that because I had seen it used in another mystery story before), but for example the relevance of the hairspray and Druk's clothes only becomes apparent after the reveal has been made.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Racing through the sky like a Missile

DLC case:
Spoiler:
Ace Attorney. I cannot get over this. Capcom, you magnificent jerks.
While this certainly isn't foreshadowing, nor related to the case itself, it's definitely a brick joke. It's one thing to have confirmed a suspicion that Phoenix and Edgeworth are disinterested in romance; it's another to realize that the one joke that had been waiting for so many years has finally come to fruition.

Also, from the same case: the cracks on the park map. I cannot unsee the pterodactyl. Dammit, Larry.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace Fangirl

Ash wrote:
- Episode 5: In Episode 3, Phoenix noticed the extra set of Druk's clothes in the old office. In Episode 5, Dats also mentions they have spare eyepatches. This is probably where Maya got dressed as Druk after channeling him. The set Garan wore when she killed Garan was taken from Druk's body, which had been hidden in the tomb by Inga earlier, as proven in the trial. The clean set of clothes 'disappears' from the story after Amara stops channeling Druk (probably hiding it somewhere).

Considering the fact that the body Ema discovers is actually still wearing clothes, I want to say that Ga'ran put the clothes back on him after killing Inga (because THAT'S not disturbing) and this 'clean set of clothes' that Dhurke!Maya wore when entering the tomb was probably smeared with Inga's blood by Amara when she changed into them. That explains both why the body is still wearing clothes and how the clothes Dhurke!Maya had been wearing could 'disappear'.

What I don't understand, though, is where Amara got a clean set of Maya's clothes. She'd been channeling Dhurke (with his clothes) ever since she arrived in LA, but she would've worn her own robes while on the plane to LA, so logically her own robes would be either in America or Dhurke's suitcase if he has one.

迷探偵

Meowzy wrote:
Ash wrote:

Considering the fact that the body Ema discovers is actually still wearing clothes, I want to say that Ga'ran put the clothes back on him after killing Inga (because THAT'S not disturbing) and this 'clean set of clothes' that Dhurke!Maya wore when entering the tomb was probably smeared with Inga's blood by Amara when she changed into them. That explains both why the body is still wearing clothes and how the clothes Dhurke!Maya had been wearing could 'disappear'.

Sorry, my wording was bit vague. You're absolutely right. What I meant, was that once Druk/Amara would leave the tomb, the clothes they were wearing (the second set, which like you point out had been made to look like it was also the set which was worn during the two murders), would 'disappear' from the equation. Druk/Amara would take them out, and during the trial Amara obviously somehow got rid of them to be able to appear herself in court.

As for Maya's clothes, they had to get another set of both Inga and Maya's clothes, but while I haven't found anything yet (perhaps Maya says something about her clothes somewhere in the game? It's quite possible considering the way they have done it in this game), but considering Garan had a very good grasp on Inga's plans (or else she couldn't have done the things she did), she could've had another set made.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: Case 4
When this episode opens, you can hear a male voice and a female voice speaking about the victim's death. It's actually Uendo's personalities talking to each other.

MBr wrote:
Spoiler: Case 4
When this episode opens, you can hear a male voice and a female voice speaking about the victim's death. It's actually Uendo's personalities talking to each other.

Spoiler:
I admit, when I first played the case, I thought it was Uendo and Geiru talking to each other.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: Case 2
When talking about fingerprinting, Ema says that even twins don't have identical fingerprints. Turns out twins are involved in this case.

The miracle never happen

Ash wrote:
Yeah, I meant the meaning of a lot of these things only become clear once you know the real context. With Inga's condition, it could still work as a hint (in fact, I sorta suspected something like that because I had seen it used in another mystery story before), but for example the relevance of the hairspray and Druk's clothes only becomes apparent after the reveal has been made.

Anther mystery story huh? I have the feeling I know which one you're talking about...
Anyway, I kind of guessed the Inga thing when I saw the notebook, and it was kind of confirmed when I saw the divination seance, that was probably the only one that I actually caught onto.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Objection!

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
DLC Case [...]

Could you please tag DLC spoilers? The DLC isn't out in the West yet, and now I have been partly spoiled since I didn't expect unmarked spoilers about the DLC in a thread that was created after the Western release.

ThePaSch wrote:
DLC Case [...]

Could you please tag DLC spoilers? The DLC isn't out in the West yet, and now I have been partly spoiled since I didn't expect unmarked spoilers about the DLC in a thread that was created after the Western release.

Rest assured I chose my words carefully, so those spoilers won't make sense unless you know context. That said, I apologize. I noticed the thread was tagged for spoilers already, but forgot when said thread was posted.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Objection!

Rest assured I chose my words carefully, so those spoilers won't make sense unless you know context. That said, I apologize. I noticed the thread was tagged for spoilers already, but forgot when said thread was posted.

It's all good! Mistakes happen. I guess whenever I do see a spoiler, slight as it may be, I immediately start hypothesizing about it to no end, which, in a bunch of cases, has led me to figure stuff out earlier than I would've without having known about it in various games. So I guess that's actually my problem, then, heh.

The cape is self-fluttering

Ash wrote:
- Episode 5: In Episode 1 and 3, you'll notice that Inga never actually memorizes Phoenix by his face. He always refers to his hair/clothes, as seen in his memo.

Yeah... as soon as we found out about Inga's face blindness, I remembered the meeting with Inga in case 3. I didn't think much of it at the time, why Inga didn't know Phoenix right away when he'd given him a warning in case 1, but after that part in case 5, it made sense.

Quote:

I wondered about the clothes in the old office too, but since they were old and dusty (as we find out when Datz plays that trick on Phoenix), it never occurred to me that Maya would have taken that set.

Quote:
- Episode 5: You'll find a can of I Am Biyoin / Je suis L'Belle black hair dye in Inga's private rooms. They first speculate that Inga may have used it himself, but it was actually used by Amara: both Inga and Druk have long, black hair (Inga has it tied to hsi back), so Amara needed to dye her hair black. The fact that haircolor stays the same was already mentioned in Episode 3 (so that was a hint to Episode 5, together with the fact that a woman will change physique when she channels a man).

That makes sense, actually. Also Amara had to stand in for Ga'ran.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Ash wrote:
- Episode 5: When the gang runs up to the tomb after Inga's body is found, Maya says she was saved by Druk. This is simply the truth, even if it refers to an event that happens days earlier. Because of that, neither Nick's Magatama and Apollo's wristband react to her. The same happens with Apollo when he shows the broach to Druk: Druk says he bought the thing, and that's the truth (he never said he owned it). During the perceive segment, you can point out his left arm (it's not the right answer though) that's where his blue broach is.

Spoiler: Case 5
How is that not the right answer in the perceive segment? I pointed out Dhurke's left arm and I still proceeded just fine. :ron:

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Since I recently went back to case 5, I noticed something too.

Rayfa is abnormally silent when they are investigating her father's room, especially concerning the hidden safe. Once she sees Amara's photo, it's obvious that she's very shocked by the truth, but at the time, Phoenix and Edgeworth have no idea what she's so upset about. It seems to me it's around then that she began to doubt Ga'ran.

迷探偵

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Ash wrote:
- Episode 5: When the gang runs up to the tomb after Inga's body is found, Maya says she was saved by Druk. This is simply the truth, even if it refers to an event that happens days earlier. Because of that, neither Nick's Magatama and Apollo's wristband react to her. The same happens with Apollo when he shows the broach to Druk: Druk says he bought the thing, and that's the truth (he never said he owned it). During the perceive segment, you can point out his left arm (it's not the right answer though) that's where his blue broach is.

How is that not the right answer in the perceive segment? I pointed out Dhurke's left arm and I still proceeded just fine. :ron:

Oops, you're right, I remembered it incorrectly (it's been months and I didn't replay that part). You can point out his hand, but Druk then laughs it off (because you need to point out the arm).

A Kirby and AA fan

Yep, I pointed out the hand first, but was told that wasn't a big deal or something like that. Then I pointed out the arm and proceeded normally.

Rayfa is abnormally silent when they are investigating her father's room, especially concerning the hidden safe. Once she sees Amara's photo, it's obvious that she's very shocked by the truth, but at the time, Phoenix and Edgeworth have no idea what she's so upset about. It seems to me it's around then that she began to doubt Ga'ran.

I've noticed some people (you included, I think) say they saw a lot of twists coming from a mile away. I normally don't notice these things myself as I purposely don't pay attention to it, yet I saw a lot of things coming anyway. This is the biggest one that I saw coming at the earliest. Right when I saw her getting upset about the picture, I figured she realized she's the baby and thus Amara is her real mother

I wouldn't consider myself as among those who like to say "I knew it", as I was plenty surprised by the several twists the game tossed at me. But that one was a pretty big giveaway.

Another I guessed right away was in the same case, when the sergeant mentioned how her mother busted her out of a burning home. "Maybe her mother's a soldier!" Lo and behold, Armie shows up in PJs with the Air Corps colors. It led to me guessing that her localized name would have to do with that, though I certainly didn't expect it to literally be "army".

A Kirby and AA fan

Hmm, that was another one for me as well. When I saw the drone fly for the first time, I thought "the twist is that everyone thinks it's a boy, but it's actually a little girl".

The video game boy; the one who wins

Nurio wrote:
Hmm, that was another one for me as well. When I saw the drone fly for the first time, I thought "the twist is that everyone thinks it's a boy, but it's actually a little girl".

I was wondering why they suddenly referred to the kid as "he" after having met the drone.

With Rayfa and the photo, I didn't feel like there were many other possible conclusions to draw from her reaction.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Beauty and grace.

The Belle hair dye was definitely something I hadn't thought of, that's very interesting!

Me neither, when I examined it I assumed it would have some importance, but them I forgot all about it.

Going for Miles wrote:
Nurio wrote:

I was wondering why they suddenly referred to the kid as "he" after having met the drone.

With Rayfa and the photo, I didn't feel like there were many other possible conclusions to draw from her reaction.

well it did have a massive mustache on the drone, to be fair.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Characters refer to the drone's voice as male, in addition to it using the male text sound effect.

Spoiler: Case 1 cutscene and Case 3
Remember when Datz threw the knife at the queen's picture in the cutscene ending Case 1? There actually was a fly in front of it.

Spoiler: DLC Case
Why does Sorin turn the pages backwards as opposed to forwards in his book? Because if the conversation doesn't involve a recent topic he wrote down, he needs to go back to understand what's going on.

A Kirby and AA fan

MBr wrote:
Remember when Datz threw the knife at the queen's picture in the cutscene ending Case 1? There actually was a fly in front of it.

Whoa. Nice catch

[quote="MBr"]Characters refer to the drone's voice as male, in addition to it using the male text sound effect.

Whoa, I didn't notice! But I did laugh at that dialogue.

The L'Belle thing blows my mind, especially how it washing off easily with water was something explicitly mentioned in DD

I really appreciate the writers had the restraint to not add it into the court record to prove that Amara could've been channeling Dhurke. I like that nothing everything was explicitly explained but still has a good explanation

JesusMonroe wrote:
The L'Belle thing blows my mind, especially how it washing off easily with water was something explicitly mentioned in DD

I really appreciate the writers had the restraint to not add it into the court record to prove that Amara could've been channeling Dhurke. I like that nothing everything was explicitly explained but still has a good explanation

To be honest, when I first saw it, I thought Inga just had naturally white hair. It would've been nice to get some prints on that bottle, though, since they clearly can do it in a day.
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Happy Maria

Retinz says something about the Gramarye creed to Trucy in the lobby. But how does he know about that,you may think. But,if he was Mr.Reus,he would know about that.

I don't really know if this would be something to look for in a second playthrough but I did notice a little connection.
Spoiler: Turnabout Revolution, investigation/trial day 2
During the murder in Turnabout Revolution, trial 2, Ahlbi chased his dog to the palace, where he then took a picture of the channelling rite taking place. There's some VERY subtle hinting here, as his dog's name is Shah'do and the picture taken covered the very decisive burn mark with shadow. The only reason the picture was taken in the first place was because a dog, named Shah'do, ran off. Fast-forward to the trial and the shadow is removed for further examination. I might be looking into this too much buf I definitely feel like Shah'do's name was chosen to be that for the sake of a subtle hint as to where the truth lied.

Phoenix is repeatedly referred to in Case 3 as "dead lawyer walking"

Dhurke in Case 5 is literally a dead lawyer walking

Case one, in the lobby, there's the choice of whether to tell the guard "I'm a lawyer" or "I'm Khura'inese". Choose the latter and Phoenix will say that he actually used to be Khura'inese, and that he lived there when he was little. Well hm. Hmmm. (I wonder if Apollo lived in the small village "Phoenixia" too)

Happy Maria

Yeah,that's a stupid idea. One of our main lawyer protagonists come from this foreign country that's never been referenced before? That's so stupid,am I right?

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Reznov877 wrote:
MBr wrote:
Characters refer to the drone's voice as male, in addition to it using the male text sound effect.

Whoa, I didn't notice! But I did laugh at that dialogue.

I don't like how blatantly bait and switch cutscenes always end up seeming in retrospect.
I did like the cutscene itself though because of how hammy it was :edgey:
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Page 1 of 1 [ 35 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)