Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 4 of 5[ 170 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Case two discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

Ready for action!

Yeah I honestly didn't like Athena at all in this case. So childish and immature, she makes kid Pearl look like a grown up!

Wotter boy

Lhancat wrote:
Yeah I honestly didn't like Athena at all in this case. So childish and immature, she makes kid Pearl look like a grown up!

She gets better in Case 4, at least.

Beauty and grace.

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
scarlet-flowers wrote:
linkenski wrote:
I can't really think of any beyond "It would be cool" or "I don't want to write two entire days of this case. It's too much plotting!"

Late reply, but possible justification is that Retinez said he would seize the WAA by tomorrow if Trucy wasn't proven innocent by then, so they had to do it in one go.

I thought in an interview they stated that Case 2 was condensed so Case 4 could be placed in the main game.
I'm not complaining tho, I love them both.

I'm talking about in-game justification.

迷探偵

MBr wrote:
Ash wrote:
Spoiler:
The real theme is succession/inheriting the 'family/mentor' spirit.

Spoiler:
Considering this, even case 4 fits into the game's overarching theme.

Precisely. Most people will notice it by the time they get to the end of the game, I hope, but the game really has one clear overarching theme for the whole game, in various forms.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

The video game boy; the one who wins

Spoiler: T-talk to the hand! KA-POW!
First things first, I really liked this case. It was entertaining the whole way through, without trying too hard to be... well, "KA-POW". A good middle case that felt classic AA to me. What I did feel was missing, though, was a compelling motive. I mean, I got what he was trying to gain from it all, but why it gotta be murder? He could've ruined Trucy in many different ways without having to resort to kill someone completely unrelated. I feel very bad for the victim; talk about being a pawn in something that had nothing to do with him. I feel that it's a bit unneccessary for nearly all of the cases lately to have had something to do with the main cast personally, so when I learned Trucy was gonna be a defendant it felt really meh to me, but with the threat of losing the office it still got yet another thing at stake with made the move feel more fresh. Also, I liked that they had the bit with the media and public judgement, since that's somethng that, if I remember correctly, hasn't really been touched upon earlier, apart from the backstoy of Yanni Yogi.

I'm very happy and relieved about Apollo. I didn't like how he was written in DD, since it felt like the writers didn't really have a good grasp on his character other than "I'm fine" and a bit of the snark, and his character there felt inconsistent and off to me. But now, in this case, I recognized the Apollo I know and love from AJ. Although at times! He's very upbeat! Like this! Where he usually is. A bit. More like this.
Athena also grew on me since her role was better played here where she isn't the brand new thing and everything doesn't revolve around her. Perhaps I've gotten used to her presence, too. She was good fun and actually left a stronger impression on me this time around than Trucy, who is otherwise one of my absolute favourites. My memory of DD is slightly vague, epecially since I actually haven't played it myself yet, but I realized now that I like her and Apollo investigating together. They're a bit of a dysfunctional duo with some sort of competitive brother/sister-dynamics, with the pushy little sister taking the piss of the snarky big brother. Their personalities and tempers clash a bit and that's what makes it funny.
Trucy was definitely a step up from DD, which to be fair wasn't that hard. Most of the case she felt a little bland to me, though, but perhaps the situation she was in couldn't really let her personality shine. It got a bit better towards the end.
I'm very happy to see Ema again, too, and I'm very happy she's achieved her dream finally. She seemed much more content and less grumpy than in AJ, but still not a completely different person, which was good. Her and Apollo's first encounter in this game left me about as confused as Ema herself, though, with Apollo's behaviour. Surely she was very grumpy in AJ, but here at first he almost seemed scared of her, although they had a pretty good working relationship in AJ once they had warmed up to each other.

With Bonny, I at first felt like it was a very obvious move to have her not be so sweet and kind as she seemed - at this point it's a surprise when they actually are, and didn't they have a big character transformation in the last trial, already? Of course, with the revelation of Betty, both of these things were turned on their heads, which was a nice touch.

At this point, I like how the game looks. Stuff moving in the background, such as the running rat and the moving clockarms, is a nice touch. I also thought the thought route design was really neat. The animations of the characters look way way better than in DD, where they had a tendency to look a bit uncanny, especially in the breakdown department. I very much liked Nahyuta's aimations, and Retinz' magician-persona-ones. Apollo's damage sprites hit a new low with the necklace throwing. Which brings me to the thought that AA prosecutors these days really boils down to a) different ways of being a bitch to the defense and b) different ways of physically attacking the defense.

Oh, and one more thing. The two phone conversations... wow. :acro:

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Enoshima Junko-chan!

She seemed to act the same as she did in any other DD investigation. She was better in 6-4 than 5-3, at least.

Gettin' Old!

Ugh divinginto the actual trial I feel there's more "ugh this argument totally works" moments than ever.

An Athena's counselling sessions still seem as forced and inadmissable as ever. Hell if it hadn't been for the ONLY judge they would never have gotten away with it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Mia Payne

Pierre wrote:
Ugh divinginto the actual trial I feel there's more "ugh this argument totally works" moments than ever.

An Athena's counselling sessions still seem as forced and inadmissable as ever. Hell if it hadn't been for the ONLY judge they would never have gotten away with it.

Of course there is more of those, the whole point of that case was

Spoiler:
to make people think one thing happened when actually something else did

1000% Knight

Blizdi wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Spoiler:

that's every case, and it doesn't excuse mediocre game design
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

The Twisted Samurai

I have only one word for this case.
Spoiler:
Predictable. I could see so many twists from like a mile away, it almost hurt. I dunno if this case is setup like this, or not, but it just like not a lot effort was put into the twists. I really enjoyed the new prosecutor. His sprites and his way of speaking were quite enjoyable. Tho, it "kinda" pisses me off, that he, once again, is so young. I dunno. Also, at the end, when Athena said "something something turnabout something something" it really felt overly forced...

"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Mia Payne

Bad Player wrote:
Blizdi wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Spoiler:

that's every case, and it doesn't excuse mediocre game design

And? It's not mediocre game design we're talking about. So I don't know where that came from

1000% Knight

having valid contradictions that the game doesn't acknowledge is mediocre design

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
having valid contradictions that the game doesn't acknowledge is mediocre design

The one early on that bothered me most is:

Spoiler:
Using the videotape to show she was wearing gloves during the show instead of the fingerprint data.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ready for action!

Finished this case last night. Best Case 2 in the entire franchise for me. I loved everything about it, and it's so refreshing to see Trucy return to form after being flanderized so much in DD. Roger Retinz is also my favourite new character by far. So much charisma!

Gettin' Old!

Spoiler: Second Half of the Trial
So apparently the prank plan script doesn't show any evidence of ill will towards Trucy on behalf of Roger *facedesk*

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Mia Payne

Pierre wrote:
So apparently the prank plan script doesn't show any evidence of ill will towards Trucy on behalf of Roger *facedesk*

It doesn't though, how many TV shows have 'pranks' that they pull? You can't use a pre-agreed to script as grounds of ill intent.

Gettin' Old!

Blizdi wrote:
Pierre wrote:

It doesn't though, how many TV shows have 'pranks' that they pull? You can't use a pre-agreed to script as grounds of ill intent.

Yeah but...

Spoiler: Second half of the trial
No one thought Trucy had agreed to the script at that point. There was evidence that would suggest she KNEW of the script but not that she'd agreed to it.

Anyway I've finished the case now and it was pretty good overall.

Really glad to have Trucy back on form and to see that Gramaryes are well-recognised.

The murder plan was also pretty interesting.

Spoiler: Whole trial
I'd completely forgotten about Mr Hat getting slashed up and so it was a bit of a surprise to me at the end. I'd assumed he'd just murdered him after the show had been cancelled.

Retinz 'transformation' was actually incredibly subtle which at first I didn't really appreciate but after considering everything about Magicians and misdirection I kind of really appreciate how little he changes to show his true self. Like the real self was there all along.

I would have liked to have used Apollo's power on him though. Felt like they missed a trick by going on and on about misdirection and then not giving Apollo a chance to spot a tell in spite of all Retinz magical shenanigans at the end.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler:
Considering that Apollo and Trucy share the same power, and Trucy was able to spot Retinz's sleight of hand, I thought so, too.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Lhancat wrote:
Finished this case last night. Best Case 2 in the entire franchise for me. I loved everything about it, and it's so refreshing to see Trucy return to form after being flanderized so much in DD. Roger Retinz is also my favourite new character by far. So much charisma!

What, didn't you like The Stolen Turnabout!? :acro:
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Leader of SCWRM Comms

linkenski wrote:
Lol, I picked the wrong answer and the Judge referenced Recipe for Turnabout

Heh, that's not all, they even reference
Spoiler:
Judge Wacker Hero of the Public's Court
from Farewell My Turnabout in one of the later failed choices!

Beauty and grace.

Pierre wrote:
Blizdi wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Yeah but...

Spoiler: Second half of the trial
No one thought Trucy had agreed to the script at that point. There was evidence that would suggest she KNEW of the script but not that she'd agreed to it.

Spoiler:
The point was to get her genuine reaction. If she knew of the script before hand, it wouldn't have been a prank... Most pranks are performed first and then the person who is pranked either agrees afterwards to allow it to be shared or doesn't. Take for example Elvis Duran's Phone Taps. None of the people who are called know it's a joke at first.

What did he do this time...?

Quote:
Spoiler:
I would have liked to have used Apollo's power on him though. Felt like they missed a trick by going on and on about misdirection and then not giving Apollo a chance to spot a tell in spite of all Retinz magical shenanigans at the end.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I was a little bit disappointed that we didn't get to use the Perceive ability in court. I guess they've basically moved that ability to investigations ever since DD. But I'm on case 3 right now, so maybe Apollo will get to use it in court again...

Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Leader of SCWRM Comms

Danchat wrote:
Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yeah, I was a little bit disappointed that we didn't get to use the Perceive ability in court. I guess they've basically moved that ability to investigations ever since DD. But I'm on case 3 right now, so maybe Apollo will get to use it in court again...

To be fair,
Spoiler:
the guy's a hard-boiled magician, no pun intended. I wouldn't find it hard to believe that he'd be able to keep his cool strong enough for Apollo to spot squat with the bracelet.

Gettin' Old!

JovahexeonAceVexeon wrote:
Danchat wrote:
Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

To be fair,
Spoiler:
the guy's a hard-boiled magician, no pun intended. I wouldn't find it hard to believe that he'd be able to keep his cool strong enough for Apollo to spot squat with the bracelet.

Counterpoint:

Spoiler:
You spot Trucy's tell in the exact same case

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Relax, guys, Perceive returns to court... just a bit late in the game.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Gettin' Old!

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Relax, guys, Perceive returns to court... just a bit late in the game.

Nah I'm not worried about that...

Spoiler:
It was just the uniqueness of a case actually about misdirection...felt it Retinz in particular would have made an excellent challenge for it.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Leader of SCWRM Comms

Pierre wrote:

To be fair,
Spoiler:

Counterpoint:

Spoiler:

Counter-Counterpoint:
Spoiler:
For all his talk, the man does have quite a few more years of experience .
Also given her situation, I'd give Trucy a pass for being nerve-wracked throughout the experience.

Gettin' Old!

Pierre wrote:

To be fair,
Spoiler:

Counterpoint:

Spoiler:

Counter-Counterpoint:
Spoiler:
For all his talk, the man does have quite a few more years of experience .
Also given her situation, I'd give Trucy a pass for being nerve-wracked throughout the experience.

Counter-Counter-Counterpoint:

Spoiler:
Yeah but are you actually trying to say he's a better magician than Trucy who is the equivalent of Klavier or hell Athena in her field in terms of prodigy? Additionally while sure Trucy was tense, Retinz was on the stand for MURDER and you visibly see him struggle at times. There'd be plenty of opportunity for him to show a tiny crack.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Leader of SCWRM Comms

Pierre wrote:

Counter-Counter-Counterpoint:

Spoiler:
Yeah but are you actually trying to say he's a better magician than Trucy who is the equivalent of Klavier or hell Athena in her field in terms of prodigy? Additionally while sure Trucy was tense, Retinz was on the stand for MURDER and you visibly see him struggle at times. There'd be plenty of opportunity for him to show a tiny crack.

Ahem, Counter-Counter-Counterpoint Turnabout time!
Spoiler:
He only really starts showing the cracks and visible struggling after you've started breaking through his last testimony, never before, and when it came to the actual trick itself, he didn't budge on it.

That said, now what I would find and agree to be a missed opportunity would be
Spoiler:
Retinz purposefully showing a red herring of a tell that Apollo spots and thus leads him on a chase during court before he reveals his whole misdirection shtick.

So between DD and this game I replayed the original trilogy + AJ (didn't have much desire to go into AAI since I've already replayed that a while ago and AAI2 is very recent/I know it well/very long). This pretty much made me realize how much I loved the original trilogy, yet I still do hold all the games (except PLvAA) very dear to me

I'm going very slow through this game, partially because I want it to last and partially because I have school. Anyway, huge wall of text incoming:

Spoiler: Case 2
Anyway, up to the point where the twins were doing the magic show for the entire courtroom, I pretty much decided this was my favorite non-finale case of the series. I was having so much fun with it. By the time I finished this case, I'd honestly say this is a top 3 or 4 case for me. And for a series with 50(?) cases, that is extremely impressive. Maybe it had to do with the dry spell of not playing a new AA for so long but I loved everything about this case from the investigation to the trial. It was funny throughout, and I was genuinely laughing out loud at a lot of points throughout it. The free investigation itself had a lot of funny parts so I'm really glad its back, even though there is less freedom of examination than the other games (usually like 4 objects per screen, but they were all funny/interesting so I don't mind). All the problems I had with the case ended up being addressed later too. It honestly feels like a perfect case to me

Also, maybe it's just because I'm dumb, but this game definitely does seem harder than DD (I finished with one badge). Definitely not as hard as JFA or T&T yet but maybe I'm just used to AA being easy

First of all, Trucy was amazing in this case. Defendants are often characters that I love, so it was really disappointing to me that a returning character was gonna be a defendant but it ended up working out so well in this. I hope Trucy's in more of the game (I'm very much doubting it) but if she isn't then I'm fine (intended) with that because I think this is her best appearance so far. I did think it was kind of dumb that they gave a backstory to her always smiling, similar to Apollo's "I'm fine!", but it makes a lot of sense that it comes from her background of being an entertainer and always trying to please an audience so I didn't mind that much. I would've liked it more if they brought it up less but it was also brought up way less than Apollo's "I'm fine!", so we're getting there

The twins were decent as characters and I like that they also got their bit of development by the end. I don't really like giving every character a transformation (unless it's a more subtle one like Retinz -> Reus) but I do think it was a little more necessary in this case to distinguish between Bonny and Betty. And revealing Betty was tsundere was pretty cute

Anyway, at the point of the case when the twins were doing their trick in the middle of the courtroom, it kind of hit me that this game might be built around the animation. It's kind of hard to explain but I don't think choosing a setting of a magic show and then going all out with the characters performing tricks throughout the entire case is a coincidence. It definitely felt like a case that fully utilized its setting (in a lot of ways, this feels like a more superior 2-3). And I know people will have a problem with the game being built around the animation and I think that's 100% fair, but I love it. It really feels like an evolved Ace Attorney that still stays true to the series, just absolutely no constraints now

Nayuta was...eh. I've complained before that the only trick Godot knew how to use was "But do you have proof?", yet I don't even know what tricks Nayuta had. When revealing Trucy wore gloves at the beginning I was like "Ok, here comes the traditional 'first contradiction is actually a trap by the prosecutor'", but Nayuta was just kind of like "Hmm...damn." And then when we got to a certain point in the trial Athena was saying that he knew the trial would arrive at this point all along? WHAT? And there were so many points where he just kind of let the defense ramble or let a witness testify about new info when the verdict was gonna be laid down...I don't know. I feel like if Edgeworth or even Blackquill was the prosecutor in this case, Apollo would've been fucking destroyed. He only got as far as he did a lot because Nayuta conveniently let him. But I did like his design, animations, and I thought he was pretty funny too. A lot of the things he said as a very serious prosecutor (calling Apollo a bell pepper was my favorite) definitely got a laugh out of me. He could be worse but I feel he's just kind of serviceable now. I at least liked how the case he was making against Trucy made sense the entire time. I don't like the hinting that he and Apollo know each other though because it's just a repeat of AA, T&T, and DD. It's happened so many times before and I have a feeling they're gonna say Nayuta is his step-brother, in which case they didn't foreshadow it enough with Apollo's inner monologue or attitude to him during the case at all. I do like his theme at least, which is nice cause I didn't when I heard it before the game came out (I still think the OST for this game is pretty weak though, though there are some very nice tracks)

Anyway I loved Retinz. The twist that he was Reus really got me (I actually didn't see where this case was going a lot of time) and I thought he worked as a funny villain, a very formidable one, and just a generally well-written character. I always loved the magician-villain in mysteries and he felt pretty despicable, using a fan as a tool just to disparage Trucy. I also loved how the game called Troupe Gramarye the "criminal troupe", addressing the fact that yeah, they're all criminals (I'm glad I knew Valant wasn't in the case in advance to quell my disappointment ;-; ). I also loved Reus' ironic fate at the end where he said "I didn't lose to the Gramaryes, I lost to that defense attorney!" Felt like very smart writing because the defense attorney IS a Gramarye

I also loved the mystery a lot, though I have some trouble believing that Trucy didn't notice the body flying up and being pierced into the sword (also the fact that fake!Reus didn't even scream. Sure he could've died immediately, but real!Reus planning that? Eh) but it all really came together at the end, especially with how they brought back Bonny's mistake. It was all very clever to me and a perfect case for a magic show mystery. I also didn't mind the one investigation and one trial. I actually appreciated that the writers were doing what worked best for this case rather than staying constrained to an arbitrary format (though I guess Takumi already did that with 3 days -> 2 days after the first game)

I also remember hearing about SOJ beforehand how the game loves "raising the stakes", and I completely get that and why people have a problem with it. It's not enough that Nick is defending his client, his life has to be on the line. It's not enough that Apollo is defending Trucy, the office needs to be on the line. It doesn't bother me that much however, because I feel like it ends up contributing to a lot of the comedy. Payne being completely blood-thirsty and nobody taking Nick's life seriously was hilarious to me, as was Apollo having to owe 3 million to a sleazy ratings company. It's being mostly played for comedy so it's better to me than what 5-5 did with Trucy. So I'm ok with it for now, though I do think a better way to raise the stakes in this case would be Apollo finding out Trucy is his sister

Oh and Athena was actually really nice in this case and I don't mind her inclusion in the series at this point if she stays an assistant. Ema being back and not abandoing the snackoos was also really nice. I really liked her puppy-dog animation. And I liked the small references to Jinxie/Klavier/Lamiroir, but why wasn't Lamiroir watching the magic show?

Sorry this ended up being so long ;-; . Honestly, I still feel like there's stuff I forgot to say but I'll just leave it off here. Very lovely case though, hope there's more goodness to come

Edit: Also Nayuta's "Satora!" was really cool but his "Objection!" was really, really weak. Like, one rung above Calisto

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA....there is something HILARIOUS in your description of the case JM.

Still tag that paragraph man...you've revealed the whole trick.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Oh whoops, didn't realize it was general discussion. Thanks

JesusMonroe wrote:
Nayuta was...eh. I've complained before that the only trick Godot knew how to use was "But do you have proof?", yet I don't even know what tricks Nayuta had.

I thought this as well, but by the end of case 3's first trial you'll know ;)

I thought he started to get really annoying in that case, but then that changed in a split second by the near end of that trial. :klavier:

The cape is self-fluttering

JesusMonroe wrote:
I also loved the mystery a lot, though I have some trouble believing that Trucy didn't notice the body flying up and being pierced into the sword (also the fact that fake!Reus didn't even scream. Sure he could've died immediately, but real!Reus planning that? Eh) but it all really came together at the end, especially with how they brought back Bonny's mistake.

Spoiler:
I dunno. Do people have the time or strength to scream bloody murder (no pun intended) when an unexpected sword is being shoved into their guts at a fast speed? I'm sure Mistree made some kind of noise, but probably more like a gurgle or a even a cry of surprise, since he wasn't anticipating being impaled.

I'm not sure if Trucy noticed the body flying up or not, but if I recall, the video had her running off after she discovered the "corpse," just before it was lifted into the air.

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

1000% Knight

JesusMonroe wrote:
I also loved the mystery a lot, though I have some trouble believing that Trucy didn't notice the body flying up and being pierced into the sword (also the fact that fake!Reus didn't even scream. Sure he could've died immediately, but real!Reus planning that? Eh)

Spoiler:
The real question is how/when he got attached to the harness that lifted him up.

Spoiler: 6-2 & DD
One problem that is probably excusable that I had was that I felt the switch of identities totally diminished the REAL Ratings Rajah. I dunno, but suddenly it just started to seem implausible to me. Wasn't he well known and all that? I know Reus took his identity, but I dunno, something about this just seemed extremely far out and implausible even by AA standards to me. Of course it also reminded me of the Phantom in DD. It's the same stunt basically, but at least the story behind it was more believable this time because the true identity of THIS Phantom was more compelling but like Fulbright in DD, Ratings Rajah just seems kind of forgotten after the switch in a sense.

I think early on in the case there was a big emphasis on TV and ratings and he had that TV studio and all but in the end that basically amounted to nothing. I also felt the plaza area was used for nothing interesting despite the kooky-looking building standing out. I don't think case 2 benefited from being a 1-day case in some ways. It felt a bit like there were plans for more that got cut, to me.

Bad Player wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
I also loved the mystery a lot, though I have some trouble believing that Trucy didn't notice the body flying up and being pierced into the sword (also the fact that fake!Reus didn't even scream. Sure he could've died immediately, but real!Reus planning that? Eh)

Spoiler:
The real question is how/when he got attached to the harness that lifted him up.

Spoiler:
The prank script said he was gonna fly up after being revealed dead so he had to have it attached. Probably an invisible strong wire that magicians and plays use for flying tricks. So it would just need a small gap in the coffin to go through?

linkenski wrote:
Spoiler: 6-2 & DD
One problem that is probably excusable that I had was that I felt the switch of identities totally diminished the REAL Ratings Rajah. I dunno, but suddenly it just started to seem implausible to me. Wasn't he well known and all that? I know Reus took his identity, but I dunno, something about this just seemed extremely far out and implausible even by AA standards to me. Of course it also reminded me of the Phantom in DD. It's the same stunt basically, but at least the story behind it was more believable this time because the true identity of THIS Phantom was more compelling but like Fulbright in DD, Ratings Rajah just seems kind of forgotten after the switch in a sense.

I think early on in the case there was a big emphasis on TV and ratings and he had that TV studio and all but in the end that basically amounted to nothing. I also felt the plaza area was used for nothing interesting despite the kooky-looking building standing out. I don't think case 2 benefited from being a 1-day case in some ways. It felt a bit like there were plans for more that got cut, to me.

Spoiler:
Honestly it probably wasn't that hard to become that figure because he was already an entertainer so switching to showbiz wouldn't be that hard, especially if you start out with a good sum of money and focus on making inexpensive crap that audiences eat up.

I also think a parallel could be argued between Case 1 and 2 with the gallery sneering at Phoenix/Trucy

Agreed that things were probably cut at the studio though...seemed a bit weird that we just showed up, didn't talk to anyone with a model, and got some extra dialogue from the free investigation. I wouldn't be surprised if that's where we're first supposed to meet Rajah. Like we see him outside the crowd trying to get in at the beginning of the case but get a formal introduction after Day 1 trial that the whole thing was a prank organized by Take-2 TV, leading to a second day of investigation? If that is the case, I prefer the final version for being a more well-paced streamline but who knows

I can't be the only one with this ship?

On another topic, somebody said Case 2 was cut kinda short, for Case 4

I guess thats why it was so short

Spoiler: whole case
Sheesh this guy, was crazy. I think I might put it as a top 5 murder plan from the villian.(The best being the mastermind)

Only thing I didn't like is how he knew he could get past police blockade. If he couldn't, the scene would look pretty bad.
If bonney/bonnie didn't screw up, I wonder how trucy would have escaped the charges

Just peeking though the thread, but this case takes alot from Case 2-2
Twins
2nd degree Manslaughter, which the attorney chooses to decline
Best friend as a defendant.

EdgeworthxOldbag wrote:
On another topic, somebody said Case 2 was cut kinda short, for Case 4

I guess thats why it was so short

Spoiler: whole case
Sheesh this guy, was crazy. I think I might put it as a top 5 murder plan from the villian.(The best being the mastermind)

Only thing I didn't like is how he knew he could get past police blockade. If he couldn't, the scene would look pretty bad.
If bonney/bonnie didn't screw up, I wonder how trucy would have escaped the charges

Just peeking though the thread, but this case takes alot from Case 2-2
Twins
2nd degree Manslaughter, which the attorney chooses to decline
Best friend as a defendant.

Spoiler:
I wouldn't say the case was short. It's true that it was just an investigation and a trial, but they were a really long investigation and a really long trial. If we go by hours, it may be longer than some other second cases.

I think the whole idea of committing a murder without been there is pretty far-fetched. There were just too many things that were completely out of the killer's control for everything to go as planned. It's great thematically, though. It's a pretty simple murder method but the crime seems impossible because of the misdirection. A true magic trick indeed.

The villain of this case was really something else, especially that breakdown

Spoiler:
So evil, but you could feel some sympathy for him that the game doesn't necessarily demand from you. I love how his breakdown wasn't just a silly over the top one, but showed that he could never really escape the Gramaryes and he'd never be able to surpass Trucy. The terror on his face was emoted pretty well too. Definitely one of my favorite villains of this series
Page 4 of 5 [ 170 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)