Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 4[ 155 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Is Nayuta is worst rival prosecutor of the series?*spoilers*Topic%20Title

I can't be the only one with this ship?

I found most of dialogue, annoying and unrealistic. It just felt like he had no personality, and showed no change throughout the entire game until the end.

Maybe it's because he falls to far into his "savant dsicpliple of the Holy Mother" gimmick too far, and feels generally unrelatable.

Anyone else feel the same way?
Re: Is Nayuta is worst rival prosecutor of the series?*spoilTopic%20Title

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Franziska is still the worst prosecutor for me, but in terms of personality, I'd say he comes close. I do, however, really like his character design and, in my opinion, he has probably my favorite prosecutor music in the main series for me. I enjoy Great Revival, but this tops it just a little bit more for me.

And before I get harped on why I consider Franziska the worst, I'm overall not a fan of the tsundere stereotype. There are few characters that are an exception to the rules, but overall, I strongly dislike them. With Franziska, she was just a one dimensional jerk who never really had any character growth or progression. Argue the last case of JFA all you like, but she went back to being the exact same in the third game.

If she at least had a reason as to why she was the way she was or what made her become like that, maybe I'd like her more. But given the fact that her personality was pretty much the same even before Von Karma died, it honestly makes me like her even less. Heck, if it was even something simple as being revenge driven like Godot to explain why she is the way she is, I'd have liked her more.

Spoiler: More thoughts on Nayuta
And while I'm not a fan of Nayuta's overall personality, at least the game does give a legit reason as to why he is the way he is, even though it's so late. With the end of his character arc though, it at least shows that he does change for the better and the fact that the game hints throughout that he was different prior to the game, it allows me to tolerate him more because the game does give a reason as to why he is the way he is. No, I don't like the personality he adapted, but it's enough to where I don't consider him to be the worst prosecutor.

I honestly considered Nayuta similar to Edgeworth from the first game, just more religious. Both where nice as kids, both had something happened to them that made them change for the worst, and both had something happen to where they change for the better in the end of their character arc. The only difference for me is that Edgeworth's revelation came a bit sooner in terms of story, and he's had more time to grow as a character compared to Nayuta.

On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

1000% Knight

dullahan1 wrote:
If she at least had a reason as to why she was the way she was or what made her become like that, maybe I'd like her more.

uhhh being raised by a draconian father who demanded perfection of you while constantly being overshadowed and outdone by your sibling while you have to spend your childhood constantly studying without allowing yourself a single mistake and then spending your adolescent years surrounding yourself with a job and vicious criminals instead of socializing and growing as a person doesn't count as a "reason"?

About Nayuta--he's fantastic. He may not be as flashy as some other prosecutors, but his design is smart, strong, and cohesive. I don't know how much it comes through in the English version, but his philosophy and choice of words is clearly tied to Buddhism. The Buddhist teaching of desire causing suffering and Nayuta's catchphrase of "Give up" (to stop giving the defendant false hope) gel together. They kind of dropped it after a case or two, but being able to "read" karma was also a nice thematic touch. Still, the "monk" and "prosecutor" parts of his character fit together very nicely. Nayuta may not be very likable, relatable, or extravagant, but his design is fantastic.

I'm going to highlight that I really like how "monk prosecutor" is so cohesive, and fits together and play off each other for basically every part of his character. Contrast this with Blackquill, who was a "goth psychologist falconer samurai swordsman convict prosecutor who helped out in the emotional research segment of a robotics lab at a space center." His character made no sense, and was nothing more than an amalgam of individually cool-looking elements that had nothing to do with each other.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

I think Godot might be. Ironic considering he's my pic lol. He's my favorite character but I don't think he was a good prosecutor because he only asked for evidence.

I think the reason people dislike Nahyuta is because as opposed to Edgeworth, who is a pretty similar character in many senses, he never had a moment to make people think 'this guy might not be such a jerk' before his whole deal is revealed near the end of the last case. Remember how the whole reason Turnabout Samurai exists is to give the player a reason to care about Edgeworth? Turns out it was a good idea.

And he wasn't a particularly strong opponent either. The challenge came from the guys on the stand most of the time.

I personally don't really dislike him that much but he ranks pretty low in my favorite prosecutors' list. I don't think there's a specific reason for it, I'm just not into him, that's all.

dullahan1 wrote:
And before I get harped on why I consider Franziska the worst, I'm overall not a fan of the tsundere stereotype. There are few characters that are an exception to the rules, but overall, I strongly dislike them. With Franziska, she was just a one dimensional jerk who never really had any character growth or progression. Argue the last case of JFA all you like, but she went back to being the exact same in the third game.

I wouldn't call Franziska a tsundere. Tsunderes are changing their mood all the time, but Franziska acts always the same. And her emotional side is far too repressed to count as that.

The video game boy; the one who wins

I can't wrap my mind around this guy, for good and worse. He doesn't have the same kind of presence as other prosecutors before him, but on the other hand there's something amusingly confusing about him too. I thought he was unnecessarily rude, but in hindsight that was kind of amusing too - at first glance he seems like this dignified, spiritual, calm and mysterious being, and then he turns out to be an ice cold bitch with the most immature insults and threats (get tickled for 500 MILLION YEARS!) that I can't tell if he's taking himself that seriously or just taking the piss, and has the most undignified prosecutor-damage animation ever (attacked by his own beads). I do feel that we didn't really get to know him properly, even after all was said and done. His interest in burgers and rakugo was rather sweet. His theme is nice. Nahyuta Sahdmadhi is a great name.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Yabba Dabba Doo

Ehh, Nahyuta was middle of the pack for me. He had his moments for sure, but I definitely agree that it was too little, too late. If he had done something in, say, case 4, to help Athena win, then it would've been a very interesting dynamic IMO. But alas, we're stuck with what we got.

Beauty and grace.

Nahyuta hasn't really stuck out for me, but like Bad Player said, at least he has his theme together. I only wish they highlighted how he could "read the karma" of the court more, and that he would stop hassling the defense so much. I would have to say my favorite prosecutor was Klavier because he was actually focused on the pursuit of truth rather than just getting the guilty conviction. Plus Klavier never fucking threw anything at the defense.

Art Person

Out of the Yamazaki rivals, he's definitely the weakest. Debeste had more personality to him than Nahyuta, and he was more arrogant in the beginning.
Blackquill I think was a better rival prosecutor, and I think this game's rival was Rayfa more than it was Nahyuta. It could've been fleshed out more with his character development, instead of a switch being flipped and he just 180's.
Spoiler: Case 5
Although given the context of Case 5's 2nd half, and having the Queen RIGHT THERE next to him, they went for a more realistic depiction of what could happen for someone like him, so I can kinda understand the lack of anything.
Plus, It just felt like he was just there to hinder case 5 in the end by indicting himself as the killer LMAO

Bad Player wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:
If she at least had a reason as to why she was the way she was or what made her become like that, maybe I'd like her more.

uhhh being raised by a draconian father who demanded perfection of you while constantly being overshadowed and outdone by your sibling while you have to spend your childhood constantly studying without allowing yourself a single mistake and then spending your adolescent years surrounding yourself with a job and vicious criminals instead of socializing and growing as a person doesn't count as a "reason"?

Thing is though, aside from the overshadowing thing, Edgeworth went through the exact same mess and still ended up a much better character. At this point, the only thing I can concede to this point is you presented that she has an inferiority complex. The thing with Edgeworth though is after Von Karma, he changed, Fran, however did not. My argument is case 2-4 tried to show some semblance of change, but she went right back to what she was in 3-5, and that just highly disappointed me. At least when Edgeworth showed change, he kept it. But it's just my opinion, I know there are huge Franny fans out there. I'm just sadly not one of them.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

This! Is! SPARDA!!!!!

dullahan1 wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Thing is though, aside from the overshadowing thing, Edgeworth went through the exact same mess and still ended up a much better character. At this point, the only thing I can concede to this point is you presented that she has an inferiority complex. The thing with Edgeworth though is after Von Karma, he changed, Fran, however did not. My argument is case 2-4 tried to show some semblance of change, but she went right back to what she was in 3-5, and that just highly disappointed me. At least when Edgeworth showed change, he kept it. But it's just my opinion, I know there are huge Franny fans out there. I'm just sadly not one of them.

To be fair, Franziska did get further development in the Investigations games, particularly Prosecutor's Path. I agree that she was underdeveloped in Justice for All, and her personality in Trials and Tribulations wasn't much different from when you first meet her, but she definitely softens in the spin offs. Just look at her interactions with Sebastian Debeste. Hell, that trend goes as far back as Trials and Tribulations. When Edgeworth lost Iris after the earthquake, she was more concerned about his wellbeing than upset that he could have let the suspect escape. My point is, she's not as flat and unchanging of a character as you make her out to be.
Rule number one of lawyer stuff: if it's in the court record, it's gonna show up in the trial.

I haven't played Prosecutor's Path, so I haven't much to say about that. I'm just going off of what feeling her character gave me during JFA and T&T. If she's showing herself softening up in the side games, then that's great, props to her for that. I'm glad to hear it. Like I've stated already, it is just a personal opinion, I know there are a ton of Fran fans and I'm in the minority. I'm just personally not a fan. She was one of the main reasons why I don't really care for JFA either.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

1000% Knight

dullahan1 wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Well, Edgey was older when Manfred took over his life. He had a normal, happy childhood until he was ~10, whereas Franzy was with Manfred from the beginning. Edgeworth also would have been with people much closer to his age group (although still younger), and would still be older = more mature when doing things like going through college and becoming a lawyer. So they were in similar situations, but Franzy's was worse. She also didn't have Phoenix to "save" her, like Edgey did. Franzy also didn't really "change" in 2-4; it just clarified her motives, and showed us the side of her that she had been hiding from the public the entire time. Then she decides to go down the same path as Edgeworth and change. And I do think she's a little different in 3-5. In the first trial she's tough on you in court, yes, but Edgey got her there to specifically to do that. And in the second investigation she's trying to tag along and help you, and she's not trying to be cruel, but she just doesn't know how to be nice.

okay i'll stop talking about franzy in the nayuta thread now
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

The cape is self-fluttering

Spoiler:
It may be premature to judge Nahyuta as a rival prosecutor. The queen had him by the balls for almost the entire game, and I don't think he was overly concerned with what it means to be a prosecutor. Now that he's free, maybe he'll place less emphasis on insulting the defense and pushing for unfair verdicts and instead be more focused on the truth. He just may grow.

I will say he has an eye for other people's skills though. Either that, or he's got a huge crush on Ema, I can't tell.

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Racing through the sky like a Missile

The best comparison between him and Edgeworth is that they are both huge nerds of something in their respective filler cases...
Spoiler:
So much so that they appeared really unprepared for the trial itself. This is what happens when a bookworm gets too into what they're reading.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

I'm not sure about the absolute worst. Nahyuta/Nayuta reminds me a lot of AAI2's Judge Courtney; both of which were pretty weak rivals imo.

Spoiler: 6-5 and GK2-4
The big problem is their loyalty to their motivations feels extremely contrived and over the top. Sad Monk is willing to get countless of innocents convicted to protect a sister he's barely ever known (they didn't grow up together), and won't even whisper to Apollo that he's being blackmailed. Meanwhile, Courtney is willing to trash someone's career and indict innocent people for the sake of keeping her cover with the chief prosecutor. When you're going undercover, you're actually supposed to do more damage to them than you do to innocent bystanders.

Beyond that, though, Sadmadhi just lacks the cleverness and depth of past prosecutors. Blackquill has his one liners and black humor, Godot has his coffee sayings, Edgeworth has his sarcastic remarks and frustration with various witnesses; there's nothing to Sadmadhi that makes him an enjoyable character to watch. There's nothing to him that really makes me despise him, either. We just get the same tired, childish "you evil red pepper!" insults that I would expect from a five year old. I can't even muster up the effort to hate him; he's just sort of there, telling me to give up every few minutes and then tossing rosaries everywhere like he's Amaterasu from Okami.

Thinking about it, I probably wouldn't put him lower than Franziska; I still hold her up as the absolute worst Ace Attorney has done with a rival, but Sadhmadhi's pretty close. His decisions in light of his...situation...make sense only until you give them the slightest bit of thought, his insults are tired and repetitive, and his one big gimmick, that he was supposed to be able to see how trials would turn out from the start, gets brought up like once in Case 2 and never mentioned again.

(Though I do love his Satorha)
"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

What is my liiiife?!?

I put him in the middle. For me, prosecutors are judged on competency and on character, and at least Nayuta has the former. (Which is why I agree with some that Godot is the weakest prosecutor, because he was both a spiteful jerk and a really REALLY bad prosecutor.). Nayuta always felt in control of the situation, and I agree with BP that his monk background came across well too.

That being said, I never warmed to him, which means he can never get any higher than half way either.

~Die-Hard Gavinners Fan~

Just everything TheBlarghMan said is on point to what I feel about Nahyuta.

He didn't really feel satisfying to win against in court for some reason. The only other I felt that way with Godot but that's because he was a bad prosecutor, but he made up for it with his amazing character.
But I also liked Nahyuta's character. I like his design and theme and that you could see he had a genuine goodness in him. What didn't make sense to me was how on the flip of a dime he would be kind and compassionate to over the top damning with insults up the wazoo.
Like, what kind of holy monk would say such mean spirited things? At first it was like, "You're desecrating the spirit of the departed, I shall demean you!" And that's fine, it was out of respect for the dead, but then it just became full on slander for no reason and I'm like... :udgey:

And I mean, I was excited to see how his ability to "Read the Karmic flow of the trial" was going to play out, but it literally never happened. It was like OH apparently he can manipulate people into doing what he wants with his Karmic flow reading thingamabob, and then it didn't happen. :adrian:

I liked the character that was in him that was hardly shown; his compassionate side, and how he was very studious, intelligent and bookworm-y. So, I can't dislike him. I really did like him but I wish he got more time to just be.. him.

He definitely wasn't the best prosecutor, but to me he wasn't the worst. :ron: I don't really know who's the worst, but I wouldn't argue against anyone who said he was the worst to them.
Rhythm Heaven+Ace Attorney. Uncle Ray and Klavier Gavin need to be in court together. <3

I've felt worse.

Nahyuta is at least a competent prosecutor, but he also happens to be an unrepentant asshole. I get him acting like the way he does in Khu'rain, but why in Japanifornia?
Spoiler: 6-5
I doubt that Ga'ran really cares thay Nahyuta demonizes defense attorneys in foreign countries.

Worst part was during 6-4 when he tried to use Athena's sensitive hearing against her by manipulating the peanut gallery to get her to back down. I don't care what complex motives he may have behind that act, that is just a dick move.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
Nahyuta is at least a competent prosecutor, but he also happens to be an unrepentant asshole. I get him acting like the way he does in Khu'rain, but why in Japanifornia?
I doubt that Ga'ran really cares thay Nahyuta demonizes defense attorneys in foreign countries.

Worst part was during 6-4 when he tried to use Athena's sensitive hearing against her by manipulating the peanut gallery to get her to back down. I don't care what complex motives he may have behind that act, that is just a dick move.

We're talking about the woman who attempted to assassinate her own sister by burning down her residence, resulting in the death of an unrelated guest and nearly taking the life of a baby, and then passed a law that resulted in the condemnation and deaths of who knows how many people, just for power. A bit of speculation on my part, but she might have actually enjoyed holding Nahyuta's mother and sister over him just for the power she had over him, even if he wasn't in Khura'in, or perhaps she simply did it because he's of her sister's blood. Why else would she ask him to prosecute his father only to take over and force him to watch? She's proven time and time again in the last case to be outright sadistic.

With that in mind, how could Nahyuta know if or when she's watching him, if it's safe to act normally? Could he take that risk that Ga'ran will have his family executed or have his sister's true heritage revealed?

Doesn't make him less of a dick, though.

The Real Human Being

Prosecutors: From best to worst.

Klavier: Doesn't need to be an asshole to get under Apollo's skin, "herr forehead" was the worst insult I remember him saying.
Godot: Had a deep connection to an important character, interesting design, saved Maya, Godot did nothing wrong.
Edgeworth: Classy, can admit when his assertations are proven to be false, recognizes his weaknesses and tries to improve.
Manfred: Imposing, intelligent, had just the right amount of madness to his story to make what would normally be a weak motive to commit murder seem reasonable.
Franziska: Fool fool fool, *whips gumshoe* Fool fool fool *whips the judge* fool fool fool WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! She's hot, improved drastically by AAI.
Payne: Who?
Nayuta: Hold on, let's pause the game so we can watch a butterfly land on his hand AGAIN. "HURR MY RELIGION SAYS UR AN ASS OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" See, with the other ones, you could argue they were just doing their jobs, but this guy was bile through and through, I would go more into the other things but I don't want to spoil anything.

What is my liiiife?!?

Quote:
Godot did nothing wrong.

This may be the most inaccurate thing I've seen since 'Valant did nothing wrong'

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

Gerkuman wrote:
Quote:
Godot did nothing wrong.

This may be the most inaccurate thing I've seen since 'Valant did nothing wrong'

Yeah, but "Godot didn't do as much wrong as we initially thought" doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

What is my liiiife?!?

TheBlarghMan wrote:
Gerkuman wrote:
Quote:
Godot did nothing wrong.

Yeah, but "Godot didn't do as much wrong as we initially thought" doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

I hold him equally responsible since he was able to stop it and didn't, all for his own ego.

What did he do this time...?

Wow, did this become the debate on Godot's character thread? Let's get this thread back on topic.

About Nahyuta:

Spoiler:
From an overall perspective, he's not a bad prosecutor... most of the points made here are valid. Thematically, he's good. He's a good character plot-wise. But his personality falls a little flat and eventually he became stale because he was basically the prosecutor in 4 straight cases (perhaps 3.5 or 3 because Ga'ran was the main antagonist in case 6-5). By the time case 6-4 came around, Nahyuta just lost my interest. I like the idea of "reading karmic threads", but then in case 6-2 he says something like "I could not foresee this!" and then it's never really brought up again. So in my opinion he ranks ahead of Franziska and Klavier (by ranking of "overall" perspective, which includes all of the parts I've mentioned). But he wasn't as memorable as the other prosecutors/antagonists.

Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

A Kirby and AA fan

Gerkuman wrote:
Quote:
Godot did nothing wrong.

Considering the Pepe avatar and signature, this may be a reference to the 4chan joke of "Hitler did nothing wrong" :ron:

The Real Human Being

Nurio wrote:
Gerkuman wrote:
Quote:
Godot did nothing wrong.

Considering the Pepe avatar and signature, this may be a reference to the 4chan joke of "Hitler did nothing wrong" :ron:

Oh my, a fellow Memeomancer! Glad you caught on friend.

The miracle never happen

4chan is raiding court-records! Run and hide!
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

The Real Human Being

Kessler wrote:

No, I'm the only one (supposedly)
Been here a while too.

The miracle never happen

DoMaya wrote:
Kessler wrote:

Been here a while too.

Well at least I know you use 4chan now xD, just to check... do you go on /pol/?
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

The Real Human Being

Kessler wrote:
DoMaya wrote:
Kessler wrote:

Been here a while too.

Well at least I know you use 4chan now xD, just to check... do you go on /pol/?

/b/ /d/ /v/ /pol/ /co/ and /mlp/ are my main boards.

What is my liiiife?!?

DoMaya is a 4channer?

Feels bad, man.

I'm only partway through Case 4 but my opinion of Nayuta has improved a lot. I still don't think he's that competent of a prosecutor (they're really overdoing the "pohlunka!" in this case especially) but he has a lot of funny moments that he's not really credited for and I like all of his little mannerisms and quirks. I'd probably put him somewhere in the middle for rivals at this point

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

JesusMonroe wrote:
I'm only partway through Case 4 but my opinion of Nayuta has improved a lot. I still don't think he's that competent of a prosecutor (they're really overdoing the "pohlunka!" in this case especially) but he has a lot of funny moments that he's not really credited for and I like all of his little mannerisms and quirks. I'd probably put him somewhere in the middle for rivals at this point

Case 4 was not even touched by Yamazaki, so that's why the typical Yamazaki rival traits of him are toned down in favor of giving him an actual sense of humor instead. And I agree, he was great, but too bad it doesn't quite stick the remainder of the game. I do like the way he's written when he finds you outside of the courtroom routine though. I think he's too much Edgeworth 2.0 in his story, which is already revealed in case 2, but in his unique context for being that kind of character I think his dialogue was quite memorable whenever he confronts Wright or Apollo in investigation segments.

He's still the least entertaining rival since Courtney IMHO, followed by Lang, followed by Franziska and Blackquill.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

For ease I'm focusing just on the main series' prosecutors, since adding other "villains" and the various antagonists of the AAI games makes it a lot more complicated.

To me Nayuta and Blackquill mirror Godot and Franziska from the original trilogy in terms of my opinion.

Franziska and Blackquill both have simpler plot arcs/importance to the main protagonist's backstory and arc, but end up being much better and more interesting characters because of their unique characterization means they become important to the story on their own accord.

Godot and Nayuta have more complex and relevant backstories (both have deep ties to the main character and the mystery of the overall game) but they are fairly one dimensional and thin in terms of really interesting character traits. I felt with both that the game wanted them to be more important to the player than they actually were to me.

So he's pretty low on the list, but I don't think he dethrones Godot on my list of least favorite. Manfred is on the same level too but I don't know if he really counts since he's not really in the same role.

(Edgeworth and Gavin are still tied as my favorite prosecutors. Edgeworth was the only one to really have both an important, interesting backstory and have a memorable presence on his own. And Gavin is just unique in that he's the only one who doesn't want to kill the defense at some point and is actually a nice guy from the beginning. There's something really refreshing about that in this series.)
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

linkenski wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

Case 4 was not even touched by Yamazaki, so that's why the typical Yamazaki rival traits of him are toned down in favor of giving him an actual sense of humor instead. And I agree, he was great, but too bad it doesn't quite stick the remainder of the game.

I actually think the different writers for each case helps to make the playable characters feel distinct from each other but I don't think it does recurring characters like Nayuta any favors (or maybe it does do him favors because how he's portrayed in Cases 3 and 4 is better than Case 2?). It's not so bad that he acts out of character or anything but I do think he acts different enough to notice...something I can't really put my finger on and would need a replay of the game to determine, which isn't happening anytime soon

Point is, he says "Pohlunka!" too much in Case 4

Anyway, in terms of being a rival, I'd say something like: Manfred > Edgeworth > Blackquill > Lang > Franziska > Nayuta > Klavier > Godot > Courtney > Barnham

Yes Klavier helps the defense but when he was on the offensive, he wasn't bad at all

In terms of a character, I can't rate Nayuta yet, but I'd say the other rivals are like:
Manfred > Edgeworth > Franziska (mostly cause of AAI) > Lang > Godot > Courtney > Blackquill > Klavier > Barnham

The man for your trials!

Personally, I have a hard time liking Sadmadhi. While I get that he had a reason for it, that doesn't excuse how much of an ass he was. His 'putrid' and 'let it go' remarks got repetitive as well. His whole religion talk also rubbed me the wrong way, and felt unprofessional for the Japanifornian courtroom. His character development was also poorly paced, in that it came in even more suddenly than The Thinker hitting Cinder Block. His hand slap motion also hurt my ears.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Trialman wrote:
His hand slap motion also hurt my ears.

Damnit, Nahyuta.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Racing through the sky like a Missile

If you ask me, Phoenix is still the worst prosecutor. He's totally inauthentic. >3>
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Phoenix was a perfectly decent opponent, if you ask me. Specially the way he just bluffs his way out of any pinch. I finally understand how Edgeworth feels.
Page 1 of 4 [ 155 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)