Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 13 of 15[ 569 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title

The miracle never happen

Spoiler:
So just to make sure, in the end, Inga DID care about Rayfa correct? I mean I kind of got that impression when investigating his room and finding that the safe's code was Rayfa's birthday, but it never really went anywhere, so what was the point of showing that Inga cared about Rayfa if it went nowhere?

"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Kessler wrote:
Spoiler:
So just to make sure, in the end, Inga DID care about Rayfa correct? I mean I kind of got that impression when investigating his room and finding that the safe's code was Rayfa's birthday, but it never really went anywhere, so what was the point of showing that Inga cared about Rayfa if it went nowhere?

Spoiler:
It's probably just a nod to show that as evil as he was, he still had standards as a father figure. Not to mention, this was revealed before it was known that Rayfa wasn't his kid, so it didn't seem to suggest anything at the time.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Ace Fangirl

Kessler wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I think that it was meant to show that Inga wasn't nearly as awful as Ga'ran (and he had the right idea to stage a coup- maybe he even did it for Rayfa's sake), and I think to some degree also to reassure us by implying Rayfa was never abused by her parents. Or at least, not by Inga.

I'm fine and ready for justice!

I can't find the music forum for SoJ at all so I'll just ask here. Does anyone know what the name of the song in the OST is for when
Spoiler: Case 5
Amara confesses to her crime. I know it's a slowed down version of the Holy Mother theme but does it have its own place in the OST?

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Edit: Nevermind, worked it out

tactical weeaboo action

Spoiler: About character design but spoilering jic
Anybody know what's up with Dhurke's arm? Was this ever addressed in either the original or the localisation or perhaps the artbook? Maybe something on one of these pages mentions it?

I ask because my brother has a lame arm like that so it instantly caught my attention and never found any explanation for it.

Netkeeper wrote:
Anybody know what's up with Dhurke's arm? Was this ever addressed in either the original or the localisation or perhaps the artbook? Maybe something on one of these pages mentions it?

I ask because my brother has a lame arm like that so it instantly caught my attention and never found any explanation for it.

I don't know for sure but my interpretation of it was that
Spoiler: Case 5 MAJOR SPOILERS
Dhurke is only pretending to have a lame arm, to make his revolution stronger. By showing that even a man with only one arm and eye can make a great change, that would inspire more to join the cause. After all, we can clearly see Dhurke has control of his arm when he helps Apollo in the cave and when he's collapsed after being shot. That's my interpretation, I have no idea if it's what was intended by the developers or not.

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

迷探偵

Netkeeper wrote:

Spoiler:
On the first page, Fuse says that the wound on his right eye, and his left arm are like that because he imagined he had to go through all kinds of things during his time on the run while being branded as a murderer.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

tactical weeaboo action

Apollo4Justice wrote:
I don't know for sure but my interpretation of it was that
Dhurke is only pretending to have a lame arm, to make his revolution stronger. By showing that even a man with only one arm and eye can make a great change, that would inspire more to join the cause. After all, we can clearly see Dhurke has control of his arm when he helps Apollo in the cave and when he's collapsed after being shot. That's my interpretation, I have no idea if it's what was intended by the developers or not.

Even if this kinda contradicts what Ash said after you, I still like this interpretation.

Thanks for the info!

Spoiler: Case 5 Apollo
So, have Capcom mentioned if Apollo returns to Japanifornia in future games, or if he stays in Kura'in? I'd personally hate to see him left out like this :nixiesob:

Spoiler: Case 2, early

Is there going to be any explanation regarding Reus's outfit not matching the others, or do we just have to accept that he was a part of the troupe without looking the part? He completely ruined the troupe's theme of primary colors and card symbols...

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if he were simply green, but he just had to ruin that with extra purple, half a mask and completely different outfit, as well as his hat using black instead of white.

It's a neat design, but his Troupe Gramarye design should match, shouldn't it?

Since I'm only getting started, please no spoilers.

The miracle never happen

Sligneris wrote:

Is there going to be any explanation regarding Reus's outfit not matching the others, or do we just have to accept that he was a part of the troupe without looking the part? He completely ruined the troupe's theme of primary colors and card symbols...

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if he were simply green, but he just had to ruin that with extra purple, half a mask and completely different outfit, as well as his hat using black instead of white.

Spoiler:
Mr Reus was kicked out of Troupe Gramarye, so maybe he just wasn't with them long enough to get his own outfit, my guess was that he was a lone magician and the troupe adopted him into their group for only a few months or something.

"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Sleeping is my life.

Kessler wrote:
Sligneris wrote:

Spoiler:
Mr Reus was kicked out of Troupe Gramarye, so maybe he just wasn't with them long enough to get his own outfit, my guess was that he was a lone magician and the troupe adopted him into their group for only a few months or something.

Spoiler:
Actually, the reason why Mr. Reus's outfit is like that... It's because it's supposed to be based off of the Joker card in the playing card set.

The miracle never happen

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
Kessler wrote:
Sligneris wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Actually, the reason why Mr. Reus's outfit is like that... It's because it's supposed to be based off of the Joker card in the playing card set.

Spoiler:
Oh... so in that case it makes sense with the Gramarye playing card motif...

-Diego Armando

Mario222041 wrote:
Spoiler: Case 5 Apollo
So, have Capcom mentioned if Apollo returns to Japanifornia in future games, or if he stays in Kura'in? I'd personally hate to see him left out like this :nixiesob:

Spoiler:
He does mention before Phoenix and co. leave that he'll definitely come back. According to the visual book interview, it seems the dev team still have plans to include him in later releases.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

This has less to do with the game itself but more with the promotion. I was curious, did anyone else notice, in the English launch trailer, at 1:20, the bit of Japanese they forgot to translate? It's really hard to catch but it's in the bottom-right box showing Bonny. I know, with all the work that went in the game, they'll miss something but it's still funny to notice.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

How long is Case 5? In terms of how many Investigation/Trial segments, not in terms of playtime.

Spoiler: More Specific
I'm assuming the story splits between Japanifornia and Kurain, so without spoiling me on any story details (ex. the trial of Paul Giamatti is in Japanifornia then he runs away to Kurain) could you also tell me if the case is evenly split between the two countries or if it's skewed towards one or the other? Please no story details or more specific details than that.

Thanks!!!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

D.A. McCoy wrote:
How long is Case 5? In terms of how many Investigation/Trial segments, not in terms of playtime.

I'm assuming the story splits between Japanifornia and Kurain, so without spoiling me on any story details (ex. the trial of Paul Giamatti is in Japanifornia then he runs away to Kurain) could you also tell me if the case is evenly split between the two countries or if it's skewed towards one or the other? Please no story details or more specific details than that.

Thanks!!!

Spoiler:
There's two investigations and two trials, one for each country. Some segments are divided in several parts, though. I'm not sure if they're even in terms of hours. That's all I can say without giving away any story details.

luck wrote:
D.A. McCoy wrote:

Thanks!!!

Spoiler:
There's two investigations and two trials, one for each country. Some segments are divided in several parts, though. I'm not sure if they're even in terms of hours. That's all I can say without giving away any story details.

Spoiler: to add
The second day is longer than the first day by a long shot. It may as well be split into four smaller segments, given the length.

Spoiler: VERY end of the game
is thalassa the character who EVERYONE is speaking to in the credits? Simon refers to the person they're speaking to as an "old chum" or something like that, but the last bit with Phoenix makes it very clear it's Thalassa.

迷探偵

appleojuicetice wrote:
is thalassa the character who EVERYONE is speaking to in the credits? Simon refers to the person they're speaking to as an "old chum" or something like that, but the last bit with Phoenix makes it very clear it's Thalassa.

Spoiler:
Only Phoenix is specifially speaking to Thalassa. Like in the credits in all the other games, the other characters are talking to an unspecified person ("you" / the player).

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

The miracle never happen

appleojuicetice wrote:

Spoiler:
Wait, do we ever know who the characters are talking to in the credits? In every single game I could never figure out for the life of me who it was supposed to be that the characters were talking to, I always assumed they were speaking to the player.

-Diego Armando

Kessler wrote:
appleojuicetice wrote:

Spoiler:
Wait, do we ever know who the characters are talking to in the credits? In every single game I could never figure out for the life of me who it was supposed to be that the characters were talking to, I always assumed they were speaking to the player.

Ash already answered above, but to clarify,
Spoiler:
They've always been speaking to the player since the first game in the Japanese ver., but it seems for the first trilogy, the localization has made it seem like they're talking to Phoenix... which makes for some awkward dialogue imo.

Ultimate Survivor

Do you get to use the Mood Matrix during the DLC case?
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

Wotter boy

Miss All Sunday wrote:
Do you get to use the Mood Matrix during the DLC case?

Nope.
It plays out like a trilogy case. Athena and Trucy are barely present during it.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Is the little eye-roll Klavier does in one of his animations new?
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I'm not sure it's intended to be an eye-roll :S
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

No? Just before he flips his hair? I liked it anyhow, whatever it was intended to be xD

Going for Miles wrote:
No? Just before he flips his hair? I liked it anyhow, whatever it was intended to be xD

Are you talking about when he flips his hair in the courtroom or when he's in the lobby?

In the courtroom.

Going for Miles wrote:
In the courtroom.

Considering Klavier's personality and the moments he does that action, I'd say it was intended. But I'm not in the designer's head, I have no idea what the intention was.

Going for Miles wrote:
Is the little eye-roll Klavier does in one of his animations new?

But to answer your original question, in Apollo Justice, he only did the laugh, he didn't flip his hair or roll his eyes. Considering that, I'd say the eye roll is new and intended.

Neat! Thanks :)

I guess I'll ask again here. Can someone tell me what the pun behind
Spoiler: Case 5 Name Pun/Trial Day 1
Wimperson in Paul Atishon's name is supposed to be, if there is one? Or is it just there so Phoenix can claim that the sender of the email liked dogs?

And another question I had that was skipped over in the forum. What's the name of the song that plays when
Amara confesses to her crime. I know it's a slowed down version of the Holy Mother theme but does it have its own place in the OST?

Apollo4Justice wrote:
I guess I'll ask again here. Can someone tell me what the pun behind
Spoiler: Case 5 Name Pun/Trial Day 1
Wimperson in Paul Atishon's name is supposed to be, if there is one? Or is it just there so Phoenix can claim that the sender of the email liked dogs?

Well, I didn't play the English ver, but
Spoiler:
I'd figure that's the case. It wasn't a joke mentioned in the Japanese ver. And "Wimperson" sounds like the right kind of name for him.

Apollo4Justice wrote:
And another question I had that was skipped over in the forum. What's the name of the song that plays when

No, it's not on the OST, but it is its own track among the BGM rips, one among several that are unnamed.

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Apollo4Justice wrote:

No, it's not on the OST, but it is its own track among the BGM rips, one among several that are unnamed.

Can you give me a link to the rip, if possible?

Apollo4Justice wrote:

Got the full set here.

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Apollo4Justice wrote:

Got the full set here.

Thank you very much. :klavier-pull:

Wotter boy

Going for Miles wrote:

Well, it was in DD during the mock mock trial scene.
Page 13 of 15 [ 569 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)